Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Overrated Filmmakers

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Default Re: Overrated Filmmakers

Oh - and Walk sucked. Almost any criticism of it is valid. I don't necessarily believe that people shared them with you - given that you hung out in the corner alone all night except for when I was talking to you - but I would hope that people see that it wasn't a good film.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Actual feelings were hurt. A++++++++

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

You were baiting me when Rick started this stupid fucking joke weeks ago by bringing me up as your theory for whose alias it was. That's apparently your idea of a clever joke that I guess you're finally explaining now: the idea that I'm like Rick's impersonation of this guy because I talk about all my non-existent accomplishments, right? That was the bit? Whatever.

Congrats on making it to the quarter finals of a screenwriting contest. It's an honor you can share with about a million other assholes who've written movies, including me. I'm just happy to finally see confirmation that I was right about you being a devious cunt. So glad I spent all that time trying to suggest ways you could have actually turned that script into something with a fucking point now that I know that you're the sort to get together with a cluster of other losers who've never made a single decent piece of art and do a dramatic retelling of my work for them. That's something to be proud of, Gabe, it really is. If for no other reason than it seems remarkable to me that you can recite a coherent story even when you're just retelling somebody else's work.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Oh - and Walk sucked. Almost any criticism of it is valid. I don't necessarily believe that people shared them with you - given that you hung out in the corner alone all night except for when I was talking to you - but I would hope that people see that it wasn't a good film.
    Believe it or not, I actually tried to engage people in positive conversations about the couple of sequences in it that did work. Surprisingly, some of your friends aren't quite polite enough to maintain that level of discourse when you're not around. I didn't participate because I thought it a bit crass to do that to someone you claim to be friendly with, and I'm so fucking happy now that I took the high road having heard what a raucous good time you have when I'm not around.

You might have been born in Ohio or wherever the fuck in the midwest grows things like you, but you're LA now, baby. Look at ya. So proud over getting to tell someone else that people laugh about them when they're not around? I'll bet your parents always hoped you'd turn out a quality human being like this.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

HEY WHERE'D THE FAT CUNT FROM ARIZONA DISAPPEAR TO? C'MON BACK, FUCKHEAD, WE'RE HAVING A PARTY IN HERE.

It's not a matter of whether I believe it or not - it's a matter of whether I care. I don't. I also don't struggle to believe that everyone else at that screening was able to recognize the movie's flaws and you weren't, but asking me to buy that it's a function of your impeccable character (and not of your usual aptitude for any movie other than the two that you actually like) is pushing it.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

And Gabe, are you really so fucking dense that you don't understand how having board members invent personas to try to get people to make fun of seemingly unbelievable newcomers to the board for their own personal gain discourages hunting assholes in the future? Seriously? Forget all the other tactless and dumb shit you've said, please fucking explain to me how this doesn't make sense to you.

1) Board members invent personalities in the vein of previously famous real targets of derision on the board that resulted in a lot of laughs.
    2) These fake personas fail as targets of jokes because they're fake.
    3) The personas are revealed to be fakes. Parties involved feel like they wasted their fucking time and are annoyed to have been duped into fulfilling some annoying revenge plot of another board member.
    4) The next time some actual new asshole comes wandering in here spouting outlandishly mockworthy bullshit, everyone just goes "It's an alias" and doesn't bother taking the bait, potentially to the detriment of the board because real people who deserve to be made fun of will fall through the cracks.

You can't follow that fucking chain of events?

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    It's not a matter of whether I believe it or not - it's a matter of whether I care. I don't. I also don't struggle to believe that everyone else at that screening was able to recognize the movie's flaws and you weren't, but asking me to buy that it's a function of your impeccable character (and not of your usual aptitude for any movie other than the two that you actually like) is pushing it.
    Actually if you'll recall, I told you what I thought the flaws were to your face, that night, along with a couple of compliments. It's this thing called being genuine. Here's how you can figure out who was lying to your face: how many people there that night told you they really liked it? Those people.

VigoTheCarpathian

you're fucking screwey in the brains

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    And Gabe, are you really so fucking dense that you don't understand how having board members invent personas to try to get people to make fun of seemingly unbelievable newcomers to the board for their own personal gain discourages hunting assholes in the future? Seriously? Forget all the other tactless and dumb shit you've said, please fucking explain to me how this doesn't make sense to you.

1) Board members invent personalities in the vein of previously famous real targets of derision on the board that resulted in a lot of laughs.
    2) These fake personas fail as targets of jokes because they're fake.
    3) The personas are revealed to be fakes. Parties involved feel like they wasted their fucking time and are annoyed to have been duped into fulfilling some annoying revenge plot of another board member.
    4) The next time some actual new asshole comes wandering in here spouting outlandishly mockworthy bullshit, everyone just goes "It's an alias" and doesn't bother taking the bait, potentially to the detriment of the board because real people who deserve to be made fun of will fall through the cracks.

You can't follow that fucking chain of events?
    Understanding the concept and understanding your reaction to the concept are not the same thing. More intellectual mockery forthcoming?

(Actually, I'm being Disingenuous Gabe again. I understand exactly why you care about this board as much as you do.)

And I'm sure your theory is a brilliantly constructed insult about me having no friends. Let's just stipulate it's oh so witty and be done with this annoying fucking conversation.

I fucking hated the Tree of Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to aspiring filmmakers

Military Leader: We need you, M. Night Shyamalan, to come up with ideas to stop the terrorists.
    M. Night Shyamalan: What if it turns out, that they aren't terrorists, but that they are werewolves, from the future?
    Military Leader: No, they are terrorists, they've been linked to Al Qaeda.
    M. Night Shyamalan: But what if Al Qaeda is the group terrorized, by aliens?
    Military Leader: That's not an idea, that's a twist. We need ideas.
    M. Night Shyamalan: How about, that we make everyone believe that we are being terrorized, but really, we were already dead

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I fucking hated the Tree of Life.
    That shit was fucking HORRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That shit was fucking HORRIBLE.
    I feel I could have had a better time getting stoned and watching the Discovery channel. I read that not even Sean Penn knew what his purpose was in that. And frankly, neither did I.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

bump

someone looks like a fucking MORON by the end of this here thread i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Actual feelings were hurt. A++++++++
    This x1000000

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I feel I could have had a better time getting stoned and watching the Discovery channel. I read that not even Sean Penn knew what his purpose was in that. And frankly, neither did I.
    Well, the thread has come more or less full circle. I loved it, but I definitely credit the fact that I'm a little older and grew up in a similar environment... for me, the whole thing felt extremely real and drove itself into me. It's not storytelling so much as becoming the embodiment of those kids and feeling what they felt... polarizing for certain.

I showed a few minutes to a group of friends/relatives and they were bored stiff. It's an interesting piece, definitely the kind of thing that has the potential to elevate the art film for those who are receptive to it. That's not meant to criticize those who aren't - art is subjective. I just know that I was completely engaged and moved, and I'm not generally a Malick guy.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i can't decide if i hate the movie the tree of life more or posts praising the movie more. maybe if i put on mid-20th century clothing and go float in mid-air next to a tree i'll appreciate it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i can't decide if i hate the movie the tree of life more or posts praising the movie more. maybe if i put on mid-20th century clothing and go float in mid-air next to a tree i'll appreciate it more.
    Why does it piss you off that somebody likes something you don't? Should we all listen to the same music and watch the same movies?

Hell, if P.R. Teo got to pick which movies everyone liked I'd probably spend a lot more time outside, hiking or something. Anything but watching movies.

She wasn't saying that she thought we should only like the same things she was saying that when people post about that movie it comes across as self important crap. Which your post does
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .