Page 66 of 699 FirstFirst ... 6162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    ...in 2014
    Agreed

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Toronto VFest 2009 said "Last chance to see NIN in Canada" in advertisements/press releases and that would have been approved by Trent/management.
    If you think every stupid poster/ad/press release/online banner a festival promoter puts out to sell tickets is approved by every participating artist you're a fucking buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensWeep View Post
    Nobody gives a fuck what your dumb kids think about Pulp. Or music. Jesus Christ.
    My 5-year old projectile vomits whenever Pulp comes on Sirius. Then he goes right the fuck to sleep.

y'all have a lot of pent up negative energy

Talked to Nick last night. YYYs =

ps Bat for Lashes anyone?

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

So Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing?
    And I really want to see Bat For Lashes on the polo fields.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    If you think every stupid poster/ad/press release/online banner a festival promoter puts out to sell tickets is approved by every participating artist you're a fucking buffoon..
    For a bold claim regarding a major North America festival promoter and their biggest act, it MUST have been approved. Virgin had that up for WEEKS. Virgin paid them a ton of money and since they played Toronto in early June and late August int he same venue it needed VERY agressive promotion.

Let's assume all of that is true. What exactly is the original point you are trying to make: That the people who went to this fest were duped? Or that somehow the poster for this fest is evidence that NIN are unlikely to ever reform? Because both are pretty stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Yeah I think everyone who likes NIN is okay with them playing shows again. Maybe the people who were at the "Wave Goodbye" shows could complain, but it's been over three years so they should get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Why the fuck would there be?

The whole reason bands can get away with stuff like this is because the fans who are most likely to overpay to see hyped farewell shows are exactly the same people who will be most excited for the band to come back again. Complaining about this type of thing is concern trolling at its finest.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Let's assume all of that is true. What exactly is the original point you are trying to make: That the people who went to this fest were duped? Or that somehow the poster for this fest is evidence that NIN are unlikely to ever reform? Because both are pretty stupid.
    Neither. It'll just be fun seeing Trent or his fans saying "they never said they go away forever" when that poster exists. it would be an interesting question in an interview.

I actually really hope NIN are one of the 3 headliners, even moreso than the Stones(there's better ways to spend $5+mill)

BTW, The Rolling Stones have NEVER done a final/farewell/last ever tour or show. Nor have I ever seen any official advertising material even hinting at it.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    So Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahs are playing?
    Yeah

kinda have to go w/ bumblebee on this one. i was at the palladium show. i'm not going to COMPLAIN about NIN, it was a great show, but it's the whole 'principle of the matter' thing. especially for a guy like Trent who seems pretty upstanding.

Yeah
    Yeah

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I can't find an interview but I remember Trent being very clear it wasn't forever and he just wanted to work on other stuff and not have NIN get dull. What's the difference between coming back in 3.5 years and 6 or 7? I don't think anyone expected Trent to not come back as NIN until 2039 and sell out The Hollywood Bowl screaming 'Fuck You Like An Animal' to a bunch of 70 year olds like the Beach Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by NTellier85 View Post
    Yeah
    Yeah
    Yeah...s
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Bat for Lashes has to be there, she is absolutely killing it. Will happily take the YYY's as well.

For a bold claim regarding a major North America festival promoter and their biggest act, it MUST have been approved. Virgin had that up for WEEKS. Virgin paid them a ton of money and since they played Toronto in early June and late August int he same venue it needed VERY agressive promotion.
    You still seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how promoters and artists interact. Promoters are trying to sell tickets, and they'll do everything possible to sensationalize, or claim exclusivity, or a FINAL tour, to drum up business. They DON'T send every fucking piece of ad material to artists (even headliners) for approval. That would drain far more resources than EITHER of them have available. You think either of them want to spend hundreds of hours going back and forth to approve/disapprove/edit/re-submit/re-approve all the ads? Jesus christ you're fucking dense.

If there are advertising restrictions insisted upon by the band, they're in the contract. Otherwise, the promoter does whatever the fuck they want, and the burden is on the artist to complain if they think they're inaccurate or otherwise objectionable.

Were Trent and his managemet aware of the posters? Probably. Did they allow that type of advertising of a final tour to go on without complaining about it/stopping it? Yes. Did they actually write the copy or "approve" the posters for VirginFest? Not a chance.

I don't know any long-time NIN fans that actually believed those shows were the absolute final end of NIN. All the talk and interviews he gave around the time made it sound like he was just tired of it and wanted to do something else for a while. No way did most of his fans believe they would never see NIN perform again....and any who did believe that either didn't know shit about NIN in the first place, or they were pretty goddamn naive about how the music industry works and how much NIN is a part of his identity.

Let me guess Bumblebee....when a band "ends" their main set and says "goodnight everyone, thank you!" are you the dipshit that actually takes that as genuine? And do you subsequently whine about false advertising when they come out for an encore?

You want Trent to tour under his own name so you don't get your feelings hurt?
    He should change his name to T. Diddy. Thats a good way to reinvent yourself.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I can't find an interview but I remember Trent being very clear it wasn't forever and he just wanted to work on other stuff and not have NIN get dull. What's the difference between coming back in 3.5 years and 6 or 7? I don't think anyone expected Trent to not come back as NIN until 2039 and sell out The Hollywood Bowl screaming 'Fuck You Like An Animal' to a bunch of 70 year olds like the Beach Boys.
    Even the wiki page for that tour has a couple of Trent's careful quotes at the start of 2009.

Your NIN 2039 description sounds like Throbbing Gristle at 2009 Coachella.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    You still seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how promoters and artists interact. Promoters are trying to sell tickets, and they'll do everything possible to sensationalize, or claim exclusivity, or a FINAL tour, to drum up business. They DON'T send every fucking piece of ad material to artists (even headliners) for approval. That would drain far more resources than EITHER of them have available. You think either of them want to spend hundreds of hours going back and forth to approve/disapprove/edit/re-submit/re-approve all the ads? Jesus christ you're fucking dense.

If there are advertising restrictions insisted upon by the band, they're in the contract. Otherwise, the promoter does whatever the fuck they want, and the burden is on the artist to complain if they think they're inaccurate or otherwise objectionable.

Were Trent and his managemet aware of the posters? Probably. Did they allow that type of advertising of a final tour to go on without complaining about it/stopping it? Yes. Did they actually write the copy or "approve" the posters for VirginFest? Not a chance.

I don't know any long-time NIN fans that actually believed those shows were the absolute final end of NIN. All the talk and interviews he gave around the time made it sound like he was just tired of it and wanted to do something else for a while. No way did most of his fans believe they would never see NIN perform again....and any who did believe that either didn't know shit about NIN in the first place, or they were pretty goddamn naive about how the music industry works and how much NIN is a part of his identity.

Let me guess Bumblebee....when a band "ends" their main set and says "goodnight everyone, thank you!" are you the dipshit that actually takes that as genuine? And do you subsequently whine about false advertising when they come out for an encore?
    I think Virgin approached Reznor's people before the NINJA tour was over with a $x,xxx,xxx offer that included the mandatory "final festival" tag. With NIN playing the area/venue twice 10 weeks apart there was no other way that deal could work.

I'm not "insulted". but Trent is a prime candidate to be ribbed a bit on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    lol how many times have the rolling stones played their 'final show ever'.

get fuuuuuuuuuucked.
    A Bigger Bang Tour was hailed by media as being the last, but rumors were discounted by the band.

Random sidenote, here is a list of bands that supported The Stones on that tour. Some are pretty head stratching and a couple would have been downright incredible.

Artists playing as an introduction to the Stones at various destinations have included Toots & the Maytals, The Black Eyed Peas, Alice Cooper, Maroon 5, Beck, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Brooks & Dunn, Bonnie Raitt, Trey Anastasio, Dave Matthews Band, Living Colour, The Living End, Joss Stone, Nickelback, Buddy Guy, The Charlatans, Regina, Feeder, the John Mayer Trio, Wilco, Richie Kotzen and Our Lady Peace among others.

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    Artists playing as an introduction to the Stones at various destinations have included Toots & the Maytals, The Black Eyed Peas, Alice Cooper, Maroon 5, Beck, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, Alanis Morissette, Christina Aguilera, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Brooks & Dunn, Bonnie Raitt, Trey Anastasio, Dave Matthews Band, Living Colour, The Living End, Joss Stone, Nickelback, Buddy Guy, The Charlatans, Regina, Feeder, the John Mayer Trio, Wilco, Richie Kotzen and Our Lady Peace among others.
    Damn
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

http://www.mumfordandsons.com/live/ i think they can make it

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    Whoa, forgot about Our Lady Peace for a second. Thanks. Now back to forgetting that they exist again.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    http://www.mumfordandsons.com/live/ i think they can make it
    Lemme guess... because of the advent of modern air travel?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Sheer force pf will.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I'm not "insulted". but Trent is a prime candidate to be ribbed a bit on this issue.
    Rib away if it makes you feel better. But anyone paying attention (which you clearly don't fall into that category) would have seen his public statements which were absolutely more vague and not definitive on it being 100% final, his AGE, his history with the band, his growing interest in soundtracks/outside work coupled with zero time off from NIN in 20 years, and realized that there was a wink, wink involved in the shows actually being a "goodbye."

If you were too dense to understand that wink, it's your own fault. If it were actually and truly the real end of NIN, Reznor would have made that crystal clear rather than beating around the bush and talking about how exhausted and tired he was of performing as NIN. Anyone with any sense read between the lines and expected them back at some point. This is certainly sooner than I expected but it doesn't diminish the return at all and doesn't mean he deserves "ribbing" of any sort.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Lemme guess... because of the advent of modern air travel?
    I always thought they were out because of the 2 Hollywood Bowl shows. Plus they would make more money doing their own arena shows in SoCal than dealing with region restrictions.