Page 623 of 699 FirstFirst ... 618619620621622623624625626627628 ... LastLast
Results 18,661 to 18,690 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Has a band with 1 album ever headlined? I know Phoenix will have two by the time Coachella comes around but not by the time the line up comes out.

Considering the last co-headliners were Kanye and The Strokes I don't see how Atoms for Peace and Phoenix fit in that realm. Not to do with whether they are better or worse but just how "big" they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Unless of course said act causes negative backlash....
    Ha. I'm asking a lot here, but can someone please give me a summary of the "negative backlash" discussion. I only vaguely recall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Has a band with 1 album ever headlined? I know Phoenix will have two by the time Coachella comes around but not by the time the line up comes out.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix...#Studio_albums

But for the record, I don't think Phoenix will headline.

Go on...
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Considering the last co-headliners were Kanye and The Strokes I don't see how Atoms for Peace and Phoenix fit in that realm. Not to do with whether they are better or worse but just how "big" they are.
    Facts. Check'em.

You mean 4 albums?

The "number of Phoenix albums" flaming has reached its logical conclusion.

I'm concerned Prince doesn't have a large enough catalog to headline.

Le dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Ha. I'm asking a lot here, but can someone please give me a summary of the "negative backlash" discussion. I only vaguely recall it.
    Something regarding Bjork or an urban headliner. Can't recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Whoops really dropped the ball on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Isn't urban a Ron word?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Guess what? You should.
    You have an internet girlfriend that lives in Hawaii don't you?

I don't know why anyone would believe anything that does not come directly from
    1. The Stones record company
    2. The Band themselves
    3. GV

A "source close to the band" could be anybody, it could be someone from this damn board, but its likely not anyone that is actually close to the band. With all of the hoopla and rumors flying around, the Coachella accident on their mobile app, all that we have gotten from anyone who is a real source was somebody asking Mick in NY about it and he said "I don't know how it got there."

OF COURSE HE DOESN'T. He doesn't run the mobile app. He doesn't update that damn thing with their upcoming shows. All his statement said to me was "We goofed. Somebody messed up and updated too early."

I would not rule the Stones out in the slightest. I feel like they were the BIG drop (Kanye, Dre & Snoop) and somebody let the cat out of the bag (mobile app guy/gal). Now you scramble and try to save face, only to drop them on that poster a month later and have some triumphant fable of how it all came together at the last minute and everyone proclaims them as heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Guess what? You should.
    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    WINNER

2. The Band themselves
    3. GV

A "source close to the band" could be anybody, it could be someone from this damn board, but its likely not anyone that is actually close to the band. With all of the hoopla and rumors flying around, the Coachella accident on their mobile app, all that we have gotten from anyone who is a real source was somebody asking Mick in NY about it and he said "I don't know how it got there."

OF COURSE HE DOESN'T. He doesn't run the mobile app. He doesn't update that damn thing with their upcoming shows. All his statement said to me was "We goofed. Somebody messed up and updated too early."

I would not rule the Stones out in the slightest. I feel like they were the BIG drop (Kanye, Dre & Snoop) and somebody let the cat out of the bag (mobile app guy/gal). Now you scramble and try to save face, only to drop them on that poster a month later and have some triumphant fable of how it all came together at the last minute and everyone proclaims them as heroes.
    Please, explain the value of the "big drop" for a festival that is already substantially sold out.

2. The Band themselves
    3. GV

Are you fucking dense? He said just yesterday in NME that they aren't playing.

You two. Explain the relevance of the above comments to the discussion of Friday's status as "weak headliner night"
    No relation in my comment. I was branching off to a different topic.

No relation in my comment. I was branching off to a different topic.
    Thank you for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    This.

Blur's playing Primavera. And their announcement Gala in a little over an hour....https://www.youtube.com/user/Primave...?v=BDe66O0cUtg
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

"Whoa! Learning that the Rolling Stones weren't playing, but now are playing, is making me much more excited about Coachella than had I just found out they were playing a few weeks prior!"

That article also contradicts itself.

Jagger said: "We're not gonna do Coachella, 'cos it's too early. There was a rumour we were gonna do that one, but it's very early, Coachella. It's April or something, isn’t it? And we're not gonna be ready to go by April. But we're not gonna stop."
    Jagger said that, after their brief run of gigs in London, New York and New Jersey at the tail end of 2012, the band were in fine form and keen to get back on onto the stage to continue performing, stating: "I'm going to see what's on the table and discuss it with everyone. We'll announce it when we've figured it out."
    So they aren't gonna be ready in April, but they were ready to keep going at the end of December? January?
    You do realize he is contractually obligated to state nothing about performing at Coachella. So what can he do? Deny it.

You're really gonna buy the "not ready" bit?

"Whoa! Learning that the Rolling Stones weren't playing, but now are playing, is making me much more excited about Coachella than had I just found out they were playing a few weeks prior!"
    Why would they own up to playing the festival if they were outted by their app and have an announcement restriction? The fact that it took them a month to deny any rumors is suspicious.
    And Yes. It does create even more excitement when you think you might get something and then you dont, but then in the end, you do.
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hah! No, you're right, I'm wrong.
    Literally the first time this has been said on the internet.

That article also contradicts itself.

So they aren't gonna be ready in April, but they were ready to keep going at the end of December? January?
    You do realize he is contractually obligated to state nothing about performing at Coachella. So what can he do? Deny it.

You're really gonna buy the "not ready" bit?
    Tell us more about contractual obligations.

No you please tell us

Ill play.

contract 1) n. an agreement with specific terms between two or more persons or entities in which there is a promise to do something in return for a valuable benefit known as consideration. Since the law of contracts is at the heart of most business dealings, it is one of the three or four most significant areas of legal concern and can involve variations on circumstances and complexities. The existence of a contract requires finding the following factual elements: a) an offer; b) an acceptance of that offer which results in a meeting of the minds; c) a promise to perform; d) a valuable consideration (which can be a promise or payment in some form); e) a time or event when performance must be made (meet commitments); f) terms and conditions for performance, including fulfilling promises; g) performance. A unilateral contract is one in which there is a promise to pay or give other consideration in return for actual performance. (I will pay you $500 to fix my car by Thursday; the performance is fixing the car by that date). A bilateral contract is one in which a promise is exchanged for a promise. (I promise to fix your car by Thursday and you promise to pay $500 on Thursday). Contracts can be either written or oral, but oral contracts are more difficult to prove and in most jurisdictions the time to sue on the contract is shorter (such as two years for oral compared to four years for written). In some cases a contract can consist of several documents, such as a series of letters, orders, offers and counteroffers. There are a variety of types of contracts: "conditional" on an event occurring; "joint and several," in which several parties make a joint promise to perform, but each is responsible; "implied," in which the courts will determine there is a contract based on the circumstances. Parties can contract to supply all another's requirements, buy all the products made, or enter into an option to renew a contract. The variations are almost limitless. Contracts for illegal purposes are not enforceable at law. 2) v. to enter into an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Propellerpete View Post
    Blur's playing Primavera. And their announcement Gala in a little over an hour....https://www.youtube.com/user/Primave...?v=BDe66O0cUtg
    Blur announced Primavera months ago. And I think the Primavera announcement was pushed back to 3:00 p.m. EST.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

To be fair to this ninny, NME is far from a reliable source.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Ok, lets say Goldenvoice has a contract with the Rolling Stones.

Next, lets say there is a provision in the contract that the Rolling Stones cannot announce they are playing before a certain date. Violating this provision constitutes a breach of the contract.

Now, tell me, what do you believe is Goldenvoice's remedy for this breach?