Page 58 of 699 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

  1. #1711
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Muse and The Killers headlining Coachella in the same year would be the greatest thing to happen to the festival. Think about all the KROQ endorsements they could receive and there'd be more desire among the younger audience to attend.
    SMH

  2. #1712
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,682

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Muse and The Killers headlining Coachella in the same year would be the greatest thing to happen to the festival. Think about all the KROQ endorsements they could receive and there'd be more desire among the younger audience to attend.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  3. #1713
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The festival is going to sell out regardless of what's on that poster come January. They don't need to lure any sort of demographic to make it happen at this point.
    Hotel packages are now a part of GV festival business plan and those do NOT sell out instantly. A bad lineup can have them loose a couple million is unsold hotel rooms they block booked.

  4. #1714
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Wrong, actually.

    something I will not disclose --> Euro tour --> US tour --> break --> other world location tours --> spring shows, probably in Europe but maybe a few in the US.
    Would that something you will not disclose be a 25th anniversary of the Rose Bowl show? That would be way better than them doing the free show for Kimmel, like they did last tour.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  5. #1715
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,851

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    if i have to hear about these hotel packages one more fucking time, holy shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  6. #1716
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Hotel packages are now a part of GV festival business plan and those do NOT sell out instantly. A bad lineup can have them loose a couple million is unsold hotel rooms they block booked.
    So the festival will sell out, but the lineup will somehow cause hotel packages to not sell to the point where GV could lose a couple of million? Do I have this right?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  7. #1717

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Muse and the Killers headlining would be the most depressing shit ever

  8. #1718
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,244

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Yes. Especially with all the amazing names getting thrown around. Fucking klein.......

    ok ok ok now after re-reading the comment I gotta say he's trollin

    Even Klein wouldn't say that the GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN to the festival is Muse and Killers... even he wouldn't.

  9. #1719
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Merida
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Because they just played a couple of years ago. Why you ding dongs want the same fucking acts over and over again is beyond me.
    Some of us are attending to our first Coachella, not because we are new.. because we live FAR away. So it may be the same act for you but not for alot of people.

  10. #1720
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,061

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jpmillet17 View Post
    Some of us are attending to our first Coachella, not because we are new.. because we live FAR away. So it may be the same act for you but not for alot of people.
    That's your problem.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  11. #1721
    Member spiggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Would that something you will not disclose be a 25th anniversary of the Rose Bowl show? That would be way better than them doing the free show for Kimmel, like they did last tour.
    oh jesus christ that would be amazing

  12. #1722
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So the festival will sell out, but the lineup will somehow cause hotel packages to not sell to the point where GV could lose a couple of million? Do I have this right?
    The money they took in the couple hours in the summer pre sale and the money they take in during a couple hours in january may only be 50-60% of their entire gross. The $54 million figure for both weekends cited in Billboard only tells part of the story and only refers to tickets sales.

    They did lose some money on empty rooms in 2012. Partly because they thought some fans would stay in hotels for 10 days in order to attend both weekends.

    With a strong lineup they can make an extra couple million profit from those packages.

    In other words, the festival actually takes a couple months to sell out rather than a couple hours. This is why they can't throw junk on the lineup and are motivated to chase certain acts.

    It's also smart to have good acts scheduled for the afternoon on saturday/sunday because they spend more on food & beer.

  13. #1723
    old school theklein25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Yes. Especially with all the amazing names getting thrown around. Fucking klein.......

    ok ok ok now after re-reading the comment I gotta say he's trollin

    Even Klein wouldn't say that the GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN to the festival is Muse and Killers... even he wouldn't.
    haha I'm glad someone caught on

  14. #1724
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    The money they took in the couple hours in the summer pre sale and the money they take in during a couple hours in january may only be 50-60% of their entire gross. The $54 million figure for both weekends cited in Billboard only tells part of the story and only refers to tickets sales.

    They did lose some money on empty rooms in 2012. Partly because they thought some fans would stay in hotels for 10 days in order to attend both weekends.

    With a strong lineup they can make an extra couple million profit from those packages.

    In other words, the festival actually takes a couple months to sell out rather than a couple hours. This is why they can't throw junk on the lineup and are motivated to chase certain acts.

    It's also smart to have good acts scheduled for the afternoon on saturday/sunday because they spend more on food & beer.
    Do you enjoy just pulling theories out of your ass and stating them as if they're fact?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  15. #1725

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    It's Bumblebee. Of course he enjoys it.

  16. #1726
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Do you enjoy just pulling theories out of your ass and stating them as if they're fact?
    Ask senior staff at the hotels and they will reveal similar information if caught in a talkative mood.

    We know there is 15,000 capacity for the shuttles.

    We know GV sell 9,000 VIP only passes per weekend that sell out first day.

    Hotel packages that are only SLIGHTLY more expensive than VIP take WEEKS and even months for GV to sell. They are cheaper than some regular wristbands have sold for on
    eBay. They have thousands of them in to move.

    The valley has thousands of rooms(20k capacity?) yet they are hard to get. There isn't that many non-campers thinking that far ahead.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 11-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.

  17. #1727
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    It's Bumblebee. Of course he enjoys it.
    Feel free to pick apart my post.

    I've explains why I'm certain that GV make upwards of 20% of their profit from those packages and why it's important and to deliver a certain kind of lineup.

  18. #1728
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    The problem is, bumblebee, is that you have little evidence for your claims and telling me to "Ask senior staff at the hotels" isn't considered viable in my book. You also believe that Goldenvoice could lose millions; much like how I could walk outside tonight and get ran over in my yard by a drunk driver. They aren't going to have problems selling hotel packages at all unless they let Disney decide the lineup.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  19. #1729

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The festival is going to sell out regardless of what's on that poster come January. They don't need to lure any sort of demographic to make it happen at this point.
    This should teach you something.

  20. #1730
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    whoever did that fake poster knows something...there's a few confirmed names that I know that are on that poster.

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  21. #1731
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The problem is, bumblebee, is that you have little evidence for your claims and telling me to "Ask senior staff at the hotels" isn't considered viable in my book. You also believe that Goldenvoice could lose millions; much like how I could walk outside tonight and get ran over in my yard by a drunk driver. They aren't going to have problems selling hotel packages at all unless they let Disney decide the lineup.
    -Direct Info from hotel staff
    -15,000 shuttle capacity
    -Difficulty in booking hotel rooms direct
    -GV having packages still available in March that were first available the previous June
    -Loophole in California law that allows GV to sell packages for hundred more than hotels can legally do directly

    Putting those 3-5 facts together makes it extremely difficult to deny that GV aren't heavily involved in the hotel business.

    If they announce a "lame" set of headliners like Killers-Muse-Shrillex then they have room that can't have jacked prices. If they get one or two big fish(Stones, Daft, Smiths, NIN and to a lesser extent Pearl Jam) or a grouping of 2nd line rare acts(blur, Roses, knife, AFP..) those rooms are easier to move at an astronomical rates and make investing in those acts worthwhile.

  22. #1732

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    who are those? in the picture

  23. #1733

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    whoever did that fake poster knows something...there's a few confirmed names that I know that are on that poster.
    what poster?

  24. #1734
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sdchargers760 View Post
    what poster?

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  25. #1735

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    whoever did that fake poster knows something...there's a few confirmed names that I know that are on that poster.
    Almost every name on that lineup has been talked about on these boards.

  26. #1736
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Kid View Post
    Almost every name on that lineup has been talked about on these boards.
    there's a couple I know that are confirmed, on this poster, and haven't been brought up on the boards

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  27. #1737
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    there's a couple I know that are confirmed, on this poster, and haven't been brought up on the boards
    You mean like Pearl Jam?














    Oh, its a sign.



  28. #1738

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    there's a couple I know that are confirmed, on this poster, and haven't been brought up on the boards
    Go on...

  29. #1739

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    there's a couple I know that are confirmed, on this poster, and haven't been brought up on the boards
    Oh, you're one of THOSE guys eh?

  30. #1740

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Any band that is playing a festival in 2013 is confirmed for Coachella.
    Satyricon, Taake, Solefald, Behexen, Purified in Blood, Aeternus, Diskord, and In Vain are all playing Inferno Metal Festival in Norway, March 27-30. I think that means they're confirmed for Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Coachella 2013 layaway payment confirmation?
    By arthurbang in forum Passes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:17 AM
  4. Polyphonic Spree - 1st Confirmation of 2013?
    By jonesjupiter in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
  5. First semi-confirmation for the 2010 lineup:
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •