Page 576 of 699 FirstFirst ... 571572573574575576577578579580581 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,280 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

  1. #17251

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    Baseless (and useless) speculation: Coachella's Big Get headliner is also headlining the Gov.'s Ball, but is contractually obligated not to announce additional performances until after the Coachella line-up is released.
    Not baseless at all. Good point.

    The blocked out name is a bunch of "?????????????" So some savvy editor can't put it in photoshop, turn layers on, and remove the block to reveal the name.
    Last edited by gam3g3ni3; 01-22-2013 at 07:44 AM.

  2. #17252
    Member AeroplaneJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    trapped in BasedWorld
    Posts
    444

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    damn that governers ball lineup is great. can't believe Animal Collective is billed so low though.

  3. #17253
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,554

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    in what way does that indicate that they might?
    Maybe that they're doing the Europe part after week 2 of Coachella? I can see where he's coming from
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  4. #17254
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,107

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    Baseless (and useless) speculation: Coachella's Big Get headliner is also headlining the Gov.'s Ball, but is contractually obligated not to announce additional performances until after the Coachella line-up is released.
    Yep. I assume the announcement is being withheld for contractual reasons. Mumford & Sons and Passion Pit both have big arena shows coming up in the next few weeks here but you can cross out Passion Pit since they played last year. Maybe Phoenix or YYYs.

    8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  5. #17255
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AeroplaneJunkie View Post
    damn that governers ball lineup is great. can't believe Animal Collective is billed so low though.
    I can, have you heard their music live?

  6. #17256
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    More dates for the Knife....



    Sooo...Who still thinks they are not playing Coachella?


    The Knife:

    04-27 Hamburg, Germany - Docks
    04-29 Milan, Italy - Magazzini Generali
    04-30 Zurich, Switzerland - Komplex 457
    05-01 Munich, Germany - Muffathalle
    05-02 Cologne, Germany - E Werk
    05-04 Paris, France - Cite De La Musique
    05-05 Brussels, Belgium - Ancienne Belgique
    05-06 Amsterdam, Holland 0 Paradiso
    05-08 London, England - Roundhouse
    05-11 Berlin, Germany - Columbiahalle
    05-12 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega
    05-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega
    05-15 Oslo, Norway - Sentrum
    05-16 Stockholm, Sweden - Hangaren Subtopia
    08-07 Helsinki, Finland - Flow Festival
    08-08-10 Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West
    08-10 Oslo, Norway - Řyafestivalen
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    in what way does that indicate that they might?
    They don't. In any way. Consider this another classic brando4n82 fuckup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  7. #17257

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Yeah very solid lineup though I'm not a huge fan of any of those bands. If all those bands that weren't out here last year were at Coachella, that'd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  8. #17258

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    i also tend to believe that 3rd headliner at GB is one of Coachella's headliners

  9. #17259
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Governor's Ball - 2 months before Coachella, yet they already have a lineup.
    For your health

  10. #17260
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Do you guys think Supreshake will show her face in this thread today or will she be humiliated?

  11. #17261
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,107

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    It wasn't Supre it was the person with the avy that loses fingers/arms/bashes head on keyboard/dies.

    Said that no videos this year and that there doesn't have to be a warning for anything to drop. It's whenever they are handed the file and told to upload.
    Ah got it. I haven't been following this thread for the past couple days

    8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  12. #17262
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Governor's Ball also withheld one of their headliners last year. It was Kid Cudi.

    I wouldn't read too much into it. Also, I think the censored block of text is just a bunch of question marks - I don't know what else would look like that. I'm betting it's Mumford & Sons.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  13. #17263
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,143

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    in what way does that indicate that they might?
    Because they keep adding dates closer and closer to Coachella. IT means nothing, but at the same time, i dont see how anyone can just rule them out, because people seem to think they are above it, or would in no way perform their music in such aan atmosphere. I hate all of you
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

  14. #17264
    bitter about obama chaynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Toronto / Palm Springs
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    The reality is that they can release it whenever they want. What is ridiculous is how late they do it. Other festivals are way ahead of this from a timing perspective and the reality is that this thing will sell out hype or no hype.

    at this point they just look a bit silly

  15. #17265
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    xx The xx

    April 15 - Tempe - Marquee Theater
    April 16 - Las Vegas - The Joint
    May 22 - Edmonton – Shaw Conference Center
    May 24 - Vancouver - Queen Elizabeth Theater
    May 29 - Reno - Knitting Factory
    June 1 - Berkeley - Greek Theater Berkeley
    June 3 - Denver - Fillmore Auditorium (no pre-sale)
    June 4 - Kansas City - Uptown Theater
    June 9 - Governors Ball - Festival

    http://www.thexx.info/live

    The XX CONFIRMED!

  16. #17266
    Member djoz187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    500

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Monifah, holy shit!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smasher View Post
    Friday: Ginuine & Monifah
    Saturday: Styx and Bob Seger
    Sunday: Rick James & Donna Summer
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

    8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

  17. #17267
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,554

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chaynes View Post
    The reality is that they can release it whenever they want. What is ridiculous is how late they do it. Other festivals are way ahead of this from a timing perspective and the reality is that this thing will sell out hype or no hype.

    at this point they just look a bit silly
    But everyone is talking about it. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  18. #17268
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Governor's Ball also withheld one of their headliners last year. It was Kid Cudi.

    I wouldn't read too much into it. Also, I think the censored block of text is just a bunch of question marks - I don't know what else would look like that. I'm betting it's Mumford & Sons.
    Wrong. Every other music festival and concert is tied to Coachella in some way.
    For your health

  19. #17269
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    More dates for the Knife....



    Sooo...Who still thinks they are not playing Coachella?


    The Knife:

    04-27 Hamburg, Germany - Docks
    04-29 Milan, Italy - Magazzini Generali
    04-30 Zurich, Switzerland - Komplex 457
    05-01 Munich, Germany - Muffathalle
    05-02 Cologne, Germany - E Werk
    05-04 Paris, France - Cite De La Musique
    05-05 Brussels, Belgium - Ancienne Belgique
    05-06 Amsterdam, Holland 0 Paradiso
    05-08 London, England - Roundhouse
    05-11 Berlin, Germany - Columbiahalle
    05-12 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega
    05-13 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega
    05-15 Oslo, Norway - Sentrum
    05-16 Stockholm, Sweden - Hangaren Subtopia
    08-07 Helsinki, Finland - Flow Festival
    08-08-10 Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West
    08-10 Oslo, Norway - Řyafestivalen
    Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Because they keep adding dates closer and closer to Coachella. IT means nothing, but at the same time, i dont see how anyone can just rule them out, because people seem to think they are above it, or would in no way perform their music in such aan atmosphere. I hate all of you
    The April 27th date was one of the initial dates announced, you clod.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  20. #17270
    old school Aphxtwinin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    3,385

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    But everyone is talking about it. Right?
    yea, the fact that its not out and everyone is having a "where the fuck is the lineup" moment gives them great publicity
    Upcoming Shows:

  21. #17271
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chaynes View Post
    The reality is that they can release it whenever they want. What is ridiculous is how late they do it. Other festivals are way ahead of this from a timing perspective and the reality is that this thing will sell out hype or no hype.

    at this point they just look a bit silly
    Its not late.... its what they do every year.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  22. #17272
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by chaynes View Post
    The reality is that they can release it whenever they want. What is ridiculous is how late they do it. Other festivals are way ahead of this from a timing perspective and the reality is that this thing will sell out hype or no hype.

    at this point they just look a bit silly
    Why do they look silly? Other/smaller fests have to announce way in advance - they need to strike early and grab people before those people commit to other events. Coachella doesn't really have that problem. As you mentioned, they're going to sell out regardless. So why should they rush it? It's not like they're not going to sell out because Governor's Ball put their lineup out beforehand, or because Wakarusa or Wanee did.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  23. #17273
    Member kneuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Governors Ball coming hard with it. Huge step up from last year.

  24. #17274

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    A lineup is never late, Frodo Baggins.

  25. #17275
    minivanonfire
    Guest

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Glad to see DFA1979 at the Govball's lineup! I hope they return to Coachella

  26. #17276

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    Why do they look silly? Other/smaller fests have to announce way in advance - they need to strike early and grab people before those people commit to other events. Coachella doesn't really have that problem. As you mentioned, they're going to sell out regardless. So why should they rush it? It's not like they're not going to sell out because Governor's Ball put their lineup out beforehand, or because Wakarusa or Wanee did.
    The only thing they have to be concerned about is exclusivity and prestige. If a bunch of lineups kill any buzz they had going for their lineup that could affect the brand in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  27. #17277

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Ah got it. I haven't been following this thread for the past couple days
    It was said about 3 weeks ago when everyone was anticipating videos to be put up.



    And maybe that governors ball "?????????????" Is actually their top billed headliner but you can't release a poster with a blocked out string of "??????????" On the top line.

  28. #17278
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    http://www.amazon.com/Full-of-Fire/d...e+full+of+fire

    Sample of the new The Knife single, digging it so far
    Last edited by Electrotek; 01-22-2013 at 07:54 AM.

  29. #17279

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    New Vampire Weekend album coming out on May
    http://vampireweekend.com/

  30. #17280
    Member Pea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,308

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    That Governer's Ball lineup looks like it was assembled by a team of Amazon Listmania contributors. Nothing exciting in the least bit on there.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Coachella 2013 layaway payment confirmation?
    By arthurbang in forum Passes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:17 AM
  4. Polyphonic Spree - 1st Confirmation of 2013?
    By jonesjupiter in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
  5. First semi-confirmation for the 2010 lineup:
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •