Page 530 of 699 FirstFirst ... 525526527528529530531532533534535 ... LastLast
Results 15,871 to 15,900 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Glastonbury sells out instantly every year in the pre-sale lottery. In 2008 they booked Jay-Z(rap headliners were still unproven) and tickets were still be sold in the week leading up.

Coachella LOST money and had ticket selling concerns in 2008. Coachella is lineup driven and not yet an iron-clad brand.
    A. 2008 was 5 years ago. Shit has definitely changed since then.
    B. If it is so lineup driven, please explain to me why pre-sales sold out in 3 hours with NO LINEUP.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Eavis said Stone Roses and Rolling Stones are out. Reading/Leeds/vFest can blow them away with budgeting. Tom Tom Club have some live work in June.
    When did anyone say the Stone Roses were out? If so, that fucking sucks.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tral! View Post
    it's bumblebee. just ignore.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Fuck.

So it was Patton?

VigoTheCarpathian

Goddamnit

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Here's a graph that a fella (r) posted from the Inforoo board showing the days the lineup was announced each year. Personally, I have my fingers crossed that it is released in late Feb for old time's sake.

Since Coachella has started as late May 1st and as early as April 12th I wanted to look at the math another way. Year/Weekday announced/Number of days in advance

2001 Fri 57 Days
    2002 Fri 65 Days
    2003 Tue 68 days
    ----------------
    2004 Mon 81 Days
    2005 Mon 89 Days
    2006 Tue 93 Days
    2007 Mon 93 Days
    2008 Mon 95 Days
    2009 Fri 77 Days
    2010 Tue 87 Days
    2011 Tue 87 Days
    2012 Mon 95 Days
    2013 (pattern suggest upcoming Mon/Tues 81/80 Days)

Looking at the past decade, 2013 is running a little behind, but still in line with 2009/2004. It's been Mon/Tue for 8 of the past 9 lineup announcements.

I'm sorry but this suggests absolutely nothing

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Money dispute - according to Consequence of Sound
    Fuck.

So it was Patton?

theklein25 =
    Except that the Rolling Stones are not playing.
    Fuck.

So it was Patton?

Since Coachella has started as late May 1st and as early as April 12th I wanted to look at the math another way. Year/Weekday announced/Number of days in advance

2001 Fri 57 Days
    2002 Fri 65 Days
    2003 Tue 68 days
    ----------------
    2004 Mon 81 Days
    2005 Mon 89 Days
    2006 Tue 93 Days
    2007 Mon 93 Days
    2008 Mon 95 Days
    2009 Fri 77 Days
    2010 Tue 87 Days
    2011 Tue 87 Days
    2012 Mon 95 Days

Looking at the past decade, 2013 is running a little behind, but still in line with 2009/2004. It's been Mon/Tue for 8 of the past 9 lineup announcements.

You just proved youre the fucking 909 fatty who created the chart to begin with. If they say nothing next week, then where the fuck will you be?

VigoTheCarpathian

This is super fantastic
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 01-19-2013 at 01:41 AM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    A. 2008 was 5 years ago. Shit has definitely changed since then.
    B. If it is so lineup driven, please explain to me why pre-sales sold out in 3 hours with NO LINEUP.
    GV are extremely coy about pre-sale numbers. I have seen mention that 65,000(vast majority W1) of the 150,000 2012 tickets were sold in pre-sale. Plus camping tickets were scalped for stupid money the previous year.

IMO, I think Coachella crowds can be be a fickle bunch. Look at the 10-15,000 people that didn't show up W1 Friday in 2012 because of a tiny bit of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by tral! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    it's bumblebee. just ignore.
    http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/66369
    Eavis quote.

Plus Isle of Wight has been advertised as a Stone Roses UK Festival exclusive for 2013.

No word yet on the Roses in North America, but I'm very optimistic.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 01-19-2013 at 01:38 AM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    You just proved youre the fucking 909 fatty who created the chart to begin with. If they say nothing next week, then where the fuck will you be?
    I'd say that a lineup announcement in February indicates something went sideways with a big name act.

It's 3 lost weeks of $50 Million(also factor in shuttle passes, camping and hotel packages) sitting in the bank collecting interest. 2012 was announced on January 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by T-REV View Post
    No need for the question mark. The Rolling Stones are not playing.

Fantastic news.

Coachella LOST money and had ticket selling concerns in 2008. Coachella is lineup driven and not yet an iron-clad brand.

If they did some Killers/RHCP/Deadmaus/Skrillex/YYY/Phoenix/Blur type headliner combination, it wouldn't be hard for Lolla/ACL/'Roo to leave them in the dust lineup wise. Especially if Bonnaroo actually nabbed McCartney as rumoured and ACL got Springsteen.
    Fucking ridiculous. Iron-clad is the perfect description in fact. GV have said they had enough demand to sell out 4 weekends this year without a lineup, and there's little reason to doubt that.

It would take multiple absolutely monumental fucking terrible lineups in succession to even put a small dent in that demand, and reaching that standard would require intentional sabotage. Coachella has built itself up to be enough of a destination in and of itself, regardless of whether the lineup is a 10 or a 6, and tearing that back down to 2008 range is virtually impossible at this stage. The festival is a runaway success, and even average to below average lineups for the next 4-5 years running would still maintain two weekend sellouts.
    Last edited by mrhand; 01-19-2013 at 01:52 AM.

With the Rolling Stones out, we can't say we have a single decent lead on headliners. When's the last time this happened?

down the fuckin' Volley with Tommy, playing pool.I'm playing like Paul-Fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Plus Isle of Wight has been advertised as a Stone Roses UK Festival exclusive for 2013.
    Probably because they played every other european festival in 2012. They were everywhere last summer.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

I think someone is jealous of bumblebee's meticulous attention to detail...

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

EVERYONE lost money in 2008. It was an economically terrifying year for the whole country. A bunch of festivals went flat out belly up that year. The fact that GV threw Prince on with only a month to go is testament to what badass motherfuckers they are.

If they can give us a better show, they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

2001 Fri 57 Days
    2002 Fri 65 Days
    2003 Tue 68 days
    ----------------
    2004 Mon 81 Days
    2005 Mon 89 Days
    2006 Tue 93 Days
    2007 Mon 93 Days
    2008 Mon 95 Days
    2009 Fri 77 Days
    2010 Tue 87 Days
    2011 Tue 87 Days
    2012 Mon 95 Days

Hey professor, question. Not to rain on your parade here but how the hell does your patten suggest this year it will be 81 days in advance? The trend is 95 77 87 87 95... and you predict 80/81? You do realize math is spelt with an a, not an e, right?

Quote Originally Posted by isnate View Post
    Hey professor, question. Not to rain on your parade here but how the hell does your patten suggest this year it will be 81 days in advance? The trend is 95 77 87 87 95... and you predict 80/81? You do realize math is spelt with an a, not an e, right?
    Based on predictions of the line-up being released sometime next week, that would place weekend 1 about 80 days away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Fucking ridiculous. Iron-clad is the perfect description in fact. GV have said they had enough demand to sell out 4 weekends this year without a lineup, and there's little reason to doubt that.

It would take multiple absolutely monumental fucking terrible lineups in succession to even put a small dent in that demand, and reaching that standard would require intentional sabotage. Coachella has built itself up to be enough of a destination in and of itself, regardless of whether the lineup is a 10 or a 6, and tearing that back down to 2008 range is virtually impossible at this stage. The festival is a runaway success, and even average to below average lineups for the next 4-5 years running would still maintain two weekend sellouts.
    After the 2011 festival Tollett said they had enough demand to double the festival. GV doubled up.

On the cruise Tollett said there's demand for 4 Coachellas(post lineup) which I find to be hyperbole. Summer 2011 presale did 65,000 passes in business for 2 weekends(spring 2012) and never "sold out" during the 14 day(?) onsale period. I'm now supposed to believe they can sell 320,000 passes? Ebay prices for passes in March get relatively near face value.

A couple bad lineups would mean sellouts only occur in the weeks leading up to the festival. Look at the Glastonbury 2008 example or all the other festivals that come/go every year. Why isn't there a multiday festival(not Phish) in the Northeast US that competes with the "big 4"? Not even Goldenvoice succeeded with All Points West.

Both S.S. Coachella cruises had hundreds of unsold spots. Why didn't the 200,000 person demand overflow for Indio Coachella buy them?

Those are a lot of very dumb question. Coachella isn't just a name you can slap on anything and have it be a success. All Points West wasn't even run by GV, it was run by AEG, and it showed. S.S. Coachella was a completely new attempt to do a much higher-end version of the music cruise thing. Nobody had ever done something that luxurious on a music cruise before. Also, it left from Florida. Next year when it leaves from California, it will sell out.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    Based on predictions of the line-up being released sometime next week, that would place weekend 1 about 80 days away.
    My point is these "predictions" that next week is the week don't line up with the pattern suggested by the numbers Bumblebee presented.

old school

Hey professor, question. Not to rain on your parade here but how the hell does your patten suggest this year it will be 81 days in advance? The trend is 95 77 87 87 95... and you predict 80/81?
    MON/TUE is an established pattern and the start of the week is around 80 days. If GV wait a week longer they have at least 3 fairly big festivals steal their lineup announcement thunder. The earlier they announce the lineup the longer the money sits in escrow collecting interest for GV. It's too late for me to do math on $54 million sitting for 3 weeks interest(I think it's over $100,000)

What's a "patten"? Is it like a patent? Mike Patton?

EVERYONE lost money in 2008. It was an economically terrifying year for the whole country. A bunch of festivals went flat out belly up that year. The fact that GV threw Prince on with only a month to go is testament to what badass motherfuckers they are.

If they can give us a better show, they will.
    Coachella 2008 was 6 months before the economy tanked. 2009 was the gamble, and turned out to be "recession-proof" that media commented on at the time.

old school

My point is these "predictions" that next week is the week don't line up with the pattern suggested by the numbers Bumblebee presented.
    I'm suggesting a decade long pattern on the lineup dropping 80-90 days before the festival. It's more a 2 week window, with one week now passed.

old school

Those are a lot of very dumb question. Coachella isn't just a name you can slap on anything and have it be a success. All Points West wasn't even run by GV, it was run by AEG, and it showed.
    http://www.billboard.com/news/johnso...03837605.story
    Billboard and other online sources point to GV running APW.

Coachella 2008 was 6 months before the economy tanked. 2009 was the gamble, and turned out to be "recession-proof" that media commented on at the time.
    A lot of festivals took an unexpected hit that year. It was a bad year for tourism even before the stock market tanked. I think what you saw there was a lot of people realizing they were in a bad place financially at the beginning of the year and it not turning into a massive crisis for the entire nation until the third quarter.

http://www.billboard.com/news/johnso...03837605.story
    Billboard and other online sources point to GV running APW.
    Billboard can point to whatever it wants. I know first hand who was involved. But that's cute.

fuck you guys speculating if they can or cant sell out without an amazing lineup, of course they can, and i doubt that with 150+ acts that there can even be a full on shit fest lineup.

the stones are out...
    who takes their place????
    who do we have for headliner potential??

daft punk still?
    then who?
    blur...(fuck no not in the states)

WHO??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.