Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    no we plan to leave it the same forever
    Thank Shiva!

Can we at least have a giant dragon breathing fire on the mountain?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Lets just be grateful the colors aren't as bad as inforoo's.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

https://twitter.com/RobdaBank

"Aaarrrgghh will people stop saying I said daft punk won't tour! I didnt! Of course they bloody well will!!! @fielddaylondon @chillygonzales" - RobdaBank 17 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Has Michael Kiwanuka been mentioned as a possibility? He's touring w/ the Alabama Shakes this spring and would nicely fill the authentic soul singer spot on the lineup. Also a lack of SoCal dates on the spring tour.

Fri 03/01/13 Boise, ID Knitting Factory Concert House

Sat 03/02/13 Portland, OR McMenamins Crystal Ballroom

Sun 03/03/13 Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre

Tue 03/05/13 Oakland, CA Fox Theater

Wed 03/06/13 Davis, CA Mondavi Performing Arts Center

Fri 03/08/13 Magna, UT The Great Saltair

Sat 03/09/13 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre

Sun 03/10/13 Kansas City, MO Uptown Theater

Tue 03/12/13 Dallas, TX Palladium Ballroom

Fri 03/15/13 New Orleans, LA The Sugar Mill

Sat 03/16/13 Jackson, MS Hal & Mal's

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    menik, are you guys going to change the color scheme/backdrop this year?
    i would say that the board color change is about the only continuous "the lineup is coming" signal we have, at least since I've been here.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    Has Michael Kiwanuka been mentioned as a possibility? He's touring w/ the Alabama Shakes this spring and would nicely fill the authentic soul singer spot on the lineup. Also a lack of SoCal dates on the spring tour.
    Hmm I think so... Good find

Someone send Dani a bottle of Pinot Grigio stat. I suspect she's close to snapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Drink ALL THE WINE!

The National - Confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphxtwinin View Post
    i would say that the board color change is about the only continuous "the lineup is coming" signal we have, at least since I've been here.
    Did the colors change last year? I don't remember that, but I do remember the site going down right before the lineup announcement.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Colors changed every year. The site went down last yesr for a re-haul, inclufing the new board platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Hands down the best comment I've seen on Monklish.

"I'm Paul Tollet's secretary's roomate...I was using her computer to check my email while she was asleep and have the lineup in front of me. No Daft, No Stones. RHCP, Phoenix/YYY and Outkast are headlining. The Knife, The xx, Stone Roses, Deadmau5, and Atoms for Peace are subbing. A lot of cheese but a lot of tech house and techno as well so everyone should be happy. Honestly the headliners aren't amazing but top to bottom maybe the best lineup I've ever seen."
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post

"I'm Paul Tollet's secretary's roomate...I was using her computer to check my email while she was asleep and have the lineup in front of me. No Daft, No Stones. RHCP, Phoenix/YYY and Outkast are headlining. The Knife, The xx, Stone Roses, Deadmau5, and Atoms for Peace are subbing. A lot of cheese but a lot of tech house and techno as well so everyone should be happy. Honestly the headliners aren't amazing but top to bottom maybe the best lineup I've ever seen."
    Any festival that had Outkast, the Knife, Stone Roses and Atoms for Peace could book RHCP, Muse and the Killers as the headliners and I'd be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Where did monklish post that

Edit. Nvm. Found it
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Still not as bad as Moto Rave, but...
    Anonymous said...

I work at a social media place on the east coast. I have a pal that comes to my office every day. I finally bothered him as to why he has been sp happy lately and he said the Beastie Boys are doing one final show both Sundays of Coachella and that there will be about a half dozen rappers filling in for MCA (everyone from Eminem to Nas to Kid Rock to Q-Tip to The Roots).

This would make sense, as someone said the whole world would be tuning in on Sunday night....

NO hoogram they said, but once in a while there would be footage on the screen of MCA filling in for himself.

This guy is related to MCA's wife that MCA left behind, so I am taking this one to the bank!!!

BOOM!

Pumped...

October 19, 2012 12:28 AM

Sunday headliner is a Diddy comeback gig with Lil' Kim, Ma$e, Foxy Brown, Faith Evans, The LOX, Grace Jones, T.I., Drake, Lil; Wayne, Tinie Tempah, Jimmy Page and more, and a next level Biggie tribute
    December 6, 2012 4:10 PM
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post

Outkast seems way more unlikely than Daft but I'd be quite happy with that. On a sidenote though, fuckiing WAY to throw your roommate under the bus dude. He wasn't vague about that shit at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I think you misunderstood me, I meant "best comment" as in the most ridiculous type of source. Paul Tollet's secretary's roommate... Really?

But that would seriously be an amazing lineup haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

wait for it...

Diddy with Jimmy Page?! I'll Be Missing You 2013, dreams do come true!
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I would take this with a grain of salt but this article claims that the lineup is being released on the 13th which seems odd because the 13th is on a Sunday
    http://www.10news.com/entertainment/...-hint_96282318
    I'm pretty positive that 13 is a reference to the year, not the day, because in other places in the article they use that same phrasing. April 13, December 12, etc. Really confusing, but I don't think it means any specific day.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I mean that's as likely a source as any. Who's really going to leak this shit? It would have to be someone close to someone who works at a fairly high level at GV but it's never actually going to be those people because they wouldn't leak it. It feels weirder to me to specifically out how exactly you got the info to the point where that person could get yelled at.

But let's just enjoy a brief moment of fantasizing about how FUCKING APESHIT the place would go if this happened:

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I'm pretty positive that 13 is a reference to the year, not the day, because in other places in the article they use that same phrasing. April 13, December 12, etc. Really confusing, but I don't think it means any specific day.
    Yeah I think you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I would take this with a grain of salt but this article claims that the lineup is being released on the 13th which seems odd because the 13th is on a Sunday
    http://www.10news.com/entertainment/...-hint_96282318
    This "article" says absolutely nothing.

Anyone who still thinks that picture is of anything but a polo ball is a complete idiot. The fact that news outlets are still posting articles about it is a fucking joke. This should be a lesson in the incompetence of news media these days... assholes on this message board are more informed.

OutKast is my #1 headliner choice, they have been my favorite group since middle school, but I highly doubt their first reunion show will be anywhere outside of the south, or even outside of Atlanta. If they are going to headline Coachella, we'll know they are on the table ahead of time. But what a glorious day that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I mean that's as likely a source as any. Who's really going to leak this shit? It would have to be someone close to someone who works at a fairly high level at GV but it's never actually going to be those people because they wouldn't leak it. It feels weirder to me to specifically out how exactly you got the info to the point where that person could get yelled at.

But let's just enjoy a brief moment of fantasizing about how FUCKING APESHIT the place would go if this happened:

I'd have to sell an organ or something because I cant afford to go this year. But I'd hate myself if I werent there

From Press Enterprise, by Venessa Franko

COACHELLA LINEUP: Could Sound City Players join 2013 festival?

Posted on | January 5, 2013

I just had a thought that I wanted run by fellow Coachella festival fans out there–could the Sound City Players be a wild all-star group on the Coachella 2013 lineup?

“Sound City” is the documentary that Dave Grohl is the mastermind behind about the legendary Sound City studios in Van Nuys. The film is going to be shown at the Sundance Film Festival and Grohl is set to debut the Sound City Players there for a live performance.

The Sound City Players should include some famous faces, but they’re not revealing who’s performing at Sundance just yet.

The first song on the film’s soundtrack “Real to Reel” is “Cut Me Some Slack,” which features former Nirvana members Grohl, Pat Smear and Krist Novoselic, plus a guy you might have heard of named Paul McCartney. They performed it live at the 12-12-12 concert and on “Saturday Night Live.”

Since playing the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2009, McCartney has been a regular at the fest, showing up as a fan and watching performances. One of Grohl’s many projects–another supergroup–Them Crooked Vultures, played the fest’s main stage in 2010.

Other artists who collaborated for the album include Stevie Nicks, Trent Reznor, Rick Springfield, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine, Joshua Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, Lee Ving of Fear, Corey Taylor of Slipknot and Stone Sour and Robert Levon Been and Peter Hayes of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

I don’t know about you, but I really want to have a reason to see Rick Springfield take the stage at the Empire Polo Club.

I think Homme is a given if they’re on the bill, because he’s a Palm Desert native and a fan of the festival who attends even when he’s not performing. (Seriously, I think I saw him even more than I saw the Hoff last year). He was there with Grohl in 2010 for the Them Crooked Vultures set.

Also, on a personal note I want Lee Ving to be there, not only because Fear is rad, but because “Clue” is one of my favorite movies of all time and he played Mr. Boddy.

What do you think? Are the Sound City Players a viable Coachella option? Let me know in the comments below.

Previous Coachella 2013 picks from the Audio File and readers:

Dec. 31, 2012: Alex Clare, Lucero, Alabama Shakes, Beach House
    Dec. 28, 2012: Hot Chip, Warpaint, Father John Misty, Cloud Nothings
    Dec. 26, 2012: Muse, No Doubt and Alt-J
    Dec. 20, 2012: Aesop Rock
    Dec. 19, 2012: Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones, Phoenix, Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Dec. 14, 2012: The Rolling Stones
    Dec. 12, 2012: Airborne Toxic Event
    Nov. 30, 2012: Bjork
    Nov. 28, 2012: Nick Cave, Tegan and Sara, Converge
    Nov. 14, 2012: Sigur Ros, Pearl Jam
    Nov. 9, 2012: Paul Kalkbrenner, Kill the Noise
    Nov. 9, 2012: Passion Pit, Nine Inch Nails/How to Destroy Angels, Queens of the Stone Age, Run DMC, Rocket from the Crypt
    Oct. 19, 2012: Mumford & Sons, Deadmau5, Local Natives, Blur

Want more Coachella goodness? I tag all of my Coachella prediction posts Coachellaology. The iGuide also has a Coachella section that has interviews, articles, photos from previous years and more. Consequence of Sound also has an excellent running tally of Coachella possibilities and confirmations. You can email me at vfranko@pe.com.

Not going to lie...I'd watch the shit out of anything Rick Springfield related.

IT'S AN AFFAIR OF THE HEART
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

That blog is a blatant board ripper-offer.

Alright I'm coming out of the closet for a few friends I have on here already.

I've been lurking these threads since I signed up for the boards, but I post pretty often on the Lollaboards so I never really feel the need to over here. Hello everybody! I swear I'm not crazy.

Lollaboarders, this is mgignac.

Probably could have dropped this in a better place, but I doubt I'll really ever leave this thread- I haven't since November. Oh well.
    Last edited by AgadorSpartacus; 01-06-2013 at 10:32 AM.