Page 271 of 699 FirstFirst ... 266267268269270271272273274275276 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mazzystareyes View Post
    I think all of you actually hate the coachella festival itself.
    While this is obviously not true, here's the thing. People had been begging and begging for Radiohead to play again for years. And when they finally do, I thought I was going to hear a lot more of people just being in total bliss that they were there. But instead, it seems many just picked the set apart for various reasons instead of just flat out being delighted in the fact that Radiohead was playing Coachella again.

And I can already guarantee you the same thing will happen should Daft Punk play. Instead of just being grateful for years and years of hoping and wishing finally coming true, we're inevitably going to see dipshits (and probably even entire threads) saying BUT ZOMG '06 WAS SO MUCH BETTER. Me, I'm just going to count my lucky stars if they are there and be content with it all and not dissect it and overanalyze things.
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Yeah, and my Stones source quickly denied that they had booked any dates. Were they talking? Maybe, maybe not. Two and a half weeks later, I was told they are.
    Guys he has a Stone's source.

IT'S OFFICIAL

Let's play fill in the blanks...this look unreasonable for the top names, based on the strongest rumors and cruise acts?

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    deadmau5 * QOTSA * [Sahara] * Hot Chip * Stone Roses

[Unknown]
    Blur * Yeah Yeah Yeahs * [Sahara] * [Unknown] * [Unknown]

The Rolling Stones
    Atoms for Peace * [Unknown] * [Sahara] * Grizzly Bear * Passion Pit

A "rumor" is something passed along from person to person without knowledge of its origin.

This is a claim based upon statements made to me by people who work in the music industry who are in a position to know the Coachella lineup.
    I know what a rumor is you fuck, and I wasn't just referring to your statement. Others have made rhcp comments as well.
    If you've got hate in your heart, let it out.

Well they should denied it.I mean even though it is a huge get as the rolling stones they don't want to upset Goldenvoice.When the nd members of The Horrors told me about how they are playing Coachella.They asked me not to tell anyone for they could get booted off the lineup if goldenvoice found out and got upset about it.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Guys he has a Stone's source.

IT'S OFFICIAL
    The Stones source is not my source for the talks. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Well they should denied it.I mean even though it is a huge get as the rolling stones they don't want to upset Goldenvoice.When the nd members of The Horrors told me about how they are playing Coachella.They asked me not to tell anyone for they could get booted off the lineup if goldenvoice found out and got upset about it.
    Yeah, Goldenvoice is going to boot the Stones off their lineup if it gets out to a message board

Quitter

This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    While this is obviously not true, here's the thing. People had been begging and begging for Radiohead to play again for years. And when they finally do, I thought I was going to hear a lot more of people just being in total bliss that they were there. But instead, it seems many just picked the set apart for various reasons instead of just flat out being delighted in the fact that Radiohead was playing Coachella again.

And I can already guarantee you the same thing will happen should Daft Punk play. Instead of just being grateful for years and years of hoping and wishing finally coming true, we're inevitably going to see dipshits (and probably even entire threads) saying BUT ZOMG '06 WAS SO MUCH BETTER. Me, I'm just going to count my lucky stars if they are there and be content with it all and not dissect it and overanalyze things.
    I actually agree with this. If somebody had floated the idea that there would be a day where the following happened: a) Radiohead headlined, b) two reclusive, "will never do outdoor festival acts" like Godspeed and Jeff Mangum played, c) and oh, why not, let's throw in Flying Lotus playing his new album just because, and d) none would conflict, and everybody can see everything, most people would have said "oh, too stacked, it'll never happen". Then throw in Pulp's first big US show in forever, Refused and ATDI reunite out of nowhere, the most reclusive hip-hop star of our time comes and does a one off headlining show with pretty much every famous rapper of the 2000 era, and oh, while we're at it, why not flush out the undercard and throw in Squeeze, James, St. Vincent, Buzzcocks, Company Flow, Mazzy Star reunion, Madness, Jimmy Cliff, the Weeknd's US debut, etc. That should have been a music nerd's dream, and yet half the reviews on this board were more focused on how many bros were there and that Radiohead's set list wasn't that different than their current tour.

We hate on hipsters and bros, but they seem to actually have a good time and focus on the music and having fun with their friends and enjoying the whole weekend. I'm not saying that anybody should be forced to appreciate anything, nor am I speaking for Goldenvoice, but if I was a GV employee, at some point I'd go, "what the fuck, we can't impress the music aficionados no matter what we do, get Ellie Goulding on the phone and call it a day".

I love how the people who post on Inforoo literally go apeshit on the Coachella lineup every year and plead for just one of the rare acts to end up at their festival, yet our community is just jaded as hell.

To be fair, people who were jaded on the Sahara 2012 had every reason.

It's always a mistake to check out the message board during the weekend of. Top threads are always "FRIDAY TOP 10 WORST PERFORMANCES/FAILS..."

Can we ban Moto Rave? I used to enjoy laughing at him but now he is just annoying. And his wife banged David Lindhagen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quitter

This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.

In other news we passed the post count from last year's thread

I'm not helping.

tqllguy and travelfan speak truths. the only thing I know about the lineup is that everyone in the world will love it other than people on this board. everyone gets in their head that their ten favorite acts are playing and if one isn't there it's "the worst lineup ever" since my first year in 09 I have never seen an American festival with even half as good a lineup, but if daft punk isn't there you'll all complain, if they are you'll all complain 06 was better. Christ, some of you are already complaining that one of the five biggest acts in music history might conceivably headline.

MJA generating legitimate lulz over here.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I will admit, there is always too much complaining. Aphex fucking Twin plays, and people complain it wasn't dnb enough. When Bowie finally plays, people will say he was too old and it sucked. When the Smiths finally play, people will say Morrissey was a whiny bitch and Jonny Marr wasn't into it. When BoC finally play, people will complain it was too mellow and weird and there weren't enough lasers. Then the same people will wet their pants in excitement for the next years lineup, post a billion rumors, bitch and moan about those...the lineup will drop, they will be excited at first but then bitch and moan about adds, etc....it's all rinse and repeat.

Yeah everything sucks all of the time.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

I will say this: the leaks and circumstantial evidence confirms seem like they're way down this year. Maybe just my perception, which could be off, but it seems like a lot less news this year. It's part of the reason this thread has turned almost exclusively into navel gazing and the inexplicablely long-running MotorAve troll carousel.

The lineup announcement may actually be pretty damn surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

So should we expect Elton John, then?
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Also MotorAve has done nothing to merit a ban. He's done plenty to merit our silence however.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I will say this: the leaks and circumstantial evidence confirms seem like they're way down this year. Maybe just my perception, which could be off, but it seems like a lot less news this year. It's part of the reason this thread has turned almost exclusively into navel gazing and the inexplicablely long-running MotorAve troll carousel.

The lineup announcement may actually be pretty damn surprising.
    I'm with you. Below the second line is virtually all unknown, nothing real in the Sahara, and half of the bigger rumors (AFP, Grizzly Bear, Blur, QOTSA) seem less solid than years past.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Last year wasn't that much news. I think since they've gotten bigger they have just made it more tight lip with the artists they bring.

I'm guessing that year 2 of double weekends has helped them figure things out, and they've got most acts embargoing their spring/summer tour dates until the lineup release. Which is the main reason I suspect the lineup announcement is imminent: acts need to start selling tickets for their non-Coachella shows.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Last year wasn't that much news. I think since they've gotten bigger they have just made it more tight lip with the artists they bring.
    I was counting the number of acts in the first page of the 2012 thread (prior to video teases), and it was like low 50s, and this year's is about low 30s. Especially when you consider there was talk of a new stage, that's definitely down from last year.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by alec111 View Post
    A though...
    QOSTA as headliner anyone?
    Its been 5 years since their last album.
    They're about on the same plane on kroq as Tool.
    Friday QOTSA into Deadmau5 makes perfect sense.
    And, even though Dave Grohl isn't going on tour with them, if they headline he'll probably come out for the weekends.
    I saw them open for Soundgarden last year. Soundgarden are now on a theater tour.

Even with Grohl and Olivieri they are still subs.

They can be hot/cold live.

Yeah, which is why everyone freaked out today at a picture of a polo ball.

I do have to concede in retrospect that the Coachella app may have been something real. But I still think there's a good chance it was just picking up someone's post to Songkick (just like the movie listing) and the talks didn't start until later. Either way, I think it lends credence to the notion that this is a last-minute deal.
    CCR CONFIRMED

I'm told that's a good possibility.

This has nothing to do with the fact that you all must lick my balls.
    What a flanger.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I will admit, there is always too much complaining. Aphex fucking Twin plays, and people complain it wasn't dnb enough. When Bowie finally plays, people will say he was too old and it sucked. When the Smiths finally play, people will say Morrissey was a whiny bitch and Jonny Marr wasn't into it. When BoC finally play, people will complain it was too mellow and weird and there weren't enough lasers. Then the same people will wet their pants in excitement for the next years lineup, post a billion rumors, bitch and moan about those...the lineup will drop, they will be excited at first but then bitch and moan about adds, etc....it's all rinse and repeat.

Don't confuse the general Coachella population with the pretentious pricks on this board.

10 pgs while I was away....Good read.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014