Results 7,771 to 7,800 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Come with me
    Run quick see.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    Idiots are just mad because they sat on the board posting "No headliner has ever brought on multiple guests...look at Kanye, look at the Gorillaz, Dre and Snoop will be the same" etc. etc...and when Dre and Snoop proved you 100% wrong, you got pissed off and now decide to hate on their set when there aren't hundreds of people around to disagree with you like there were after coachella 2012
    I hadn't been on this board in months and months before the last few days, but the overwhelming board consensus, in both the Dre/Snoop thread and the "best sets of 2012" thread was that the set was incredible and one of the best Sunday closers of the festival. I'm both surprised and not so surprised that everybody is retroactively panning it now. That was the biggest party the Polo Fields has ever seen, outside of Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    The only people that liked the Dr Dre and Snoop set were the ones that were born in the early 90's and were still in grade school when 2001 came out...
    nah.... one of my favorite sets of the weekend. born 1980.

Agreed with Kanye needing a band. One of the reasons his Glow in the Dark tour was soooooooo damn good because he had the small orchestra with him. Enough with the simple DJ's in the backdrop Yeezy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Idiots are just mad because they sat on the board posting "No headliner has ever brought on multiple guests...look at Kanye, look at the Gorillaz, Dre and Snoop will be the same" etc. etc...and when Dre and Snoop proved you 100% wrong, you got pissed off and now decide to hate on their set when there aren't hundreds of people around to disagree with you like there were after coachella 2012
    You aren't truly a fan of Dre and Snoop's music if you were a fan of them bringing out that many guests and taking away their show. They could have selected so many better songs and done such a better job at representing west coast hip hop.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

You aren't truly a fan of Dre and Snoop's music if you were a fan of them bringing out that many guests and taking away their show. They could have selected so many better songs and done such a better job at representing west coast hip hop.
    Did you notice how many times Snoop disappeared to go smoke a blunt back stage? It was their show. Let them play it the way they want. I found it interesting that they brought out so many Dre acts. Seemed like Snoop was almost a sidekick. I've seen Snoop live before this, and he puts on a pretty good show all on his own. There was A LOT they could have done. Be happy.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Fucking A. I don't know who this guy is, but he has my approval.

Try not to become a dickhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quitter

This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Salton Sea folks are the worst
    Bashing the Salton Sea is like hitting an old woman with glasses. Feel better?
    Coachella 02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,12,13,14,15!

It would have been nice if Dre performed Let Me Ride, Lil Ghetto Boy and a few other tracks off The Chronic, but anyone expecting him to perform a track like Dre Day is foolish. He won't perform that live ever again.

That set was great. The band was awesome. They played Deep Cover, which is better than any track they left out of their set.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I was born in 1979 and enjoyed Dre and Snoop's set. Guests didn't ruin it for me. I would have preferred to see more songs by only Dre and Snoop, but whatever. I wasn't expecting to be blown away, because Dre is not a great rapper, imo. He needed all the help he could get. Snoop was alright. It was fun set. Not in my top 10 of the year or anything, but certainly not ruined by guests.

Kanye killed it!
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

50 Cent was the final straw as far as i was concerned.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Did you notice how many times Snoop disappeared to go smoke a blunt back stage? It was their show. Let them play it the way they want. I found it interesting that they brought out so many Dre acts. Seemed like Snoop was almost a sidekick. I've seen Snoop live before this, and he puts on a pretty good show all on his own. There was A LOT they could have done. Be happy.
    Why should I just be dismissive and accept happiness to an act that was closing out the festival and did a lackluster job at that?

i had the same reaction after dre that i did after gorillaz.

"is that it?"
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

I wasn't there, but I wasn't too bothered about it after seeing the set list. Has 50 cent ever been good? No.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    that was fucking stupid.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Dre has historically been a collaborator and ring leader above a solo artist. Are you kidding me. Look, Dre has been one of my favorite artists forever, and there are entire songs on Dre albums where he doesn't rap more than one verse, and many more where he doesn't rap AT ALL. Chronic was guest heavy, 2001 was even more so. By my count, there is ONE song from those albums combined that was only Dre. That means there are more songs that Dre was not on at all between those two albums, then there are songs where it was just Dre. This includes Xxplosive, one of the unquestionable 2001 classics.

People are complaining about 50 Cent and Eminem, but every song they performed was one DRE PRODUCED. In Da Club and 'Til I Collapse owe just as much of their power to Dre's production, more so than 50 or Eminem's flow. I don't see how you can listen to a Dre album and assume that it would just be him up there.

I guess you could have thrown in a couple Dre-centric album cuts, but what would that really have done? Killed the momentum for the 95% of the people that wanted to enjoy a collection of gigantic hits that Dre and Snoop touched, whether or not they were their songs or not, just so a couple white boys could stand around and smirk with superiority about how they were the only ones who knew Chronic album cuts?

They need to pick one good hip hop headliner or sub each yeah and then build another Tent and let Murs and Guerilla Union have a Paid Dues Tent ... Problem Solved

Quote Originally Posted by thom cobain View Post
    I was born in 1979 and enjoyed Dre and Snoop's set. Guests didn't ruin it for me. I would have preferred to see more songs by only Dre and Snoop, but whatever. I wasn't expecting to be blown away, because Dre is not a great rapper, imo. He needed all the help he could get. Snoop was alright. It was fun set. Not in my top 10 of the year or anything, but certainly not ruined by guests.

Kanye killed it!
    Kanye puts on a decent show when he isn't being overly racist towards his hatred for white people. Maybe him and Lauryn Hill should headline. I think I have more street cred than that toe tapping fairy of an MC.

oh really? did you walk away from the set after he performed? No, you didn't you stayed and you enjoyed the rest of it, so shut the fuck up

Quote Originally Posted by DropletsOfYes&No View Post
    They need to pick one good hip hop headliner or sub each yeah and then build another Tent and let Murs and Guerilla Union have a Paid Dues Tent ... Problem Solved
    YES

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Dre has historically been a collaborator and ring leader above a solo artist. Are you kidding me. Look, Dre has been one of my favorite artists forever, and there are entire songs on Dre albums where he doesn't rap more than one verse, and many more where he doesn't rap AT ALL. Chronic was guest heavy, 2001 was even more so. By my count, there is ONE song from those albums combined that was only Dre. That means there are more songs that Dre was not on at all between those two albums, then there are songs where it was just Dre. This includes Xxplosive, one of the unquestionable 2001 classics.

People are complaining about 50 Cent and Eminem, but every song they performed was one DRE PRODUCED. In Da Club and 'Til I Collapse owe just as much of their power to Dre's production, more so than 50 or Eminem's flow. I don't see how you can listen to a Dre album and assume that it would just be him up there.

I guess you could have thrown in a couple Dre-centric album cuts, but what would that really have done? Killed the momentum for the 95% of the people that wanted to enjoy a collection of gigantic hits that Dre and Snoop touched, whether or not they were their songs or not, just so a couple white boys could stand around and smirk with superiority about how they were the only ones who knew Chronic album cuts?
    How dare Dre bring out the artists he's produced for and started careers for, making their set have both classic and modern elements!! Guess I'm not truly a fan of Dre and Snoop's music because he did this and I didn't mind it, says some idiot on this board

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    that was fucking stupid.
    Disagree it went with the theme of the set which was in part to bring out artists that owed some of their initial success to Dre.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Then they should have booked it as Dr. Dre, etc. instead of Dre and Snoop. Snoop was up there for five fucking songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Disagree it went with the theme of the set which was in part to bring out artists that owed some of their initial success to Dre.
    but 50 cent is terrible.

i had the same reaction after dre that i did after gorillaz.

"is that it?"
    It wouldnt have been that way had they(Gorillaz)utilized the holographics they way Dre. chose too.

those weren't hologams you fucking know nothing.

oh really? did you walk away from the set after he performed? No, you didn't you stayed and you enjoyed the rest of it, so shut the fuck up
    oh go fuck your mother. can the baby not stand for someone to not like something they did. of course i stayed until the end, but every time they brought out a new guest it just felt like i was counting down until they finished their shitty song or two and it went back to dre and snoop.
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 2 - Beck
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by DropletsOfYes&No View Post
    Maybe dat's what the new tent is 4!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014