Page 257 of 699 FirstFirst ... 252253254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Okay -

Kanye West w/heavy support from his GOOD MUSIC label. (Big Sean,Common, 2 Chainz, Pusha T)

Lil Wayne w/ heavy support from Drake and Nicki Minaj along with a Hot Boyz and Big Tymers performance.

Rick Ross w......you're right, he can't do it....a 4pm main stage set.

Those first two are headliners. Ross is not. Was just thinking of "biggest names in the game"
    Just Stop. We don't need either pansy in Kanye West and Lil Wayne prancing around the stage. HORRIBLE ideas whether they are the "biggest in the game". And yes, Watch the Throne was a complete and utter waste of music space. The worst decision in Jay-Z's career.

I don't like him but got free tix to a show, went, and he out on one of the highest energy shows I have seen in a long time. He would be a great set to catch, trust me.

Plus he is on that "right now" freight train.
    Oh, I don't doubt that it's a good show at all.
    I was just wondering if you guys would be mad about 2 Chainz in a headlining spot.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteDisco View Post
    how mad are you guys going to be if they book 2 Chainz?
    I worked Nicki Minaj and 2chainz opened. If you like monotone rapping without any dynamics then you will dig the fuck outta his set.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteDisco View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt that it's a good show at all.
    I was just wondering if you guys would be mad about 2 Chainz in a headlining spot.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

You're not thinking logically. Watch the Throne is already over a year old. It's over. No new worthy material from either of them, plus they both headlined separately in the past three years. Why in the world would GV choose to overpay two recent headliners when they can overpay Outkast, or someone who's actually been working and releasing good new material in the past couple months? Your only valid argument here is Thom Yorke/ Radiohead, and that was a goonie indie bitch wet dream waiting to happen. Watch the Throne had its own tour, which has concluded. Now please conclude your dreams of ruining Coachella for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    You're not thinking logically. Watch the Throne is already over a year old. It's over. No new worthy material from either of them, plus they both headlined separately in the past three years. Why in the world would GV choose to overpay two recent headliners when they can overpay Outkast, or someone who's actually been working and releasing good new material in the past couple months? Your only valid argument here is Thom Yorke/ Radiohead, and that was a goonie indie bitch wet dream waiting to happen. Watch the Throne had its own tour, which has concluded. Now please conclude your dreams of ruining Coachella for the rest of us.
    Zafo, you can't take this guy seriously because he believes that KRS One can be argued against as one of the worst MC's to ever walk the planet.

old school

I don't like him but got free tix to a show, went, and he out on one of the highest energy shows I have seen in a long time. He would be a great set to catch, trust me.

Plus he is on that "right now" freight train.
    Sounds about right. Thats what I would pay to see him again too. But then I would have to worry about wasting gasoline to get to the show and then I would actually have to want to hear & see a talentless piece of top40 shit again.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Outkast (ideal), Watch the Throne (not until a new album), Eminem (strikes me as a last resort for GV, but hardly implausible). This is who would still be invited to Coachella, and who could headline. I don't think any of them will be there in the foreseeable future, however.

A performance by the G.O.O.D. Music record label or Young Money or whatever other ideas are being floated around would not be a good fit for Coachella, and would not be booked. This is not the festival for that type of show. Go to your local radio station's Summer Jam for that. That shit doesn't even fly at Rock the Bells. For some reason, Bonnaroo seems to be more open to those shows though, at least in the last few years.

If that is going to be the "make it or break it" or "ideal" type act for you to attend Coachella, find a different festival. I'm not even saying that to be be a dick like many others would, you just probably won't like the lineup and experience enough to justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    I'm going to have to institute a new policy and boycott any festival with Widespread headlining. How many festivals over how many years have these self obsessed jerkoff hasbeens headlined over the years? Gimme a fucking break. Not that I was going to Wakarusa anyway.
    lol widespread, dave schools has his own bbq sauce though brah, heady baby-back ribs at set break
    bbq.jpg
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

WE MUSSST HAVE RAP HEADLINER!

Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    Zafo, you can't take this guy seriously because he believes that KRS One can be argued against as one of the worst MC's to ever walk the planet.

All I know about KRS ONE.

Also, 2Chainz had a brief spark when he put out Riot, but if there has ever been a more disappointing break through it is this guy. Really, really, really unmemorable stuff. I will be baffled if he makes it on the lineup, but he does have that Reno date.

Quitter

This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Just Stop. We don't need Lil Wayne prancing around the stage.
    Yep
    And yes, Watch the Throne was a complete and utter waste of music space. The worst decision in Jay-Z's career.
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    I'm going to have to institute a new policy and boycott any festival with Widespread headlining. How many festivals over how many years have these self obsessed jerkoff hasbeens headlined over the years? Gimme a fucking break. Not that I was going to Wakarusa anyway.
    Highly doubt they are headlining. Just phase 1 of the lineup release. Check back in a few more days.
    Darkside - 1/26
    Robert DeLong - 1/30
    Scuba - 2/7
    Pusha T - 2/20
    Four Tet - 3/7
    Kraftwerk - 3/19
    Coachella - W1

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

if there was one single act i never thought would be brought upin this thread it's the fucking panic.

wat

is

happening.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quitter

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Outkast (ideal), Watch the Throne (not until a new album), Eminem (strikes me as a last resort for GV, but hardly implausible). This is who would still be invited to Coachella, and who could headline. I don't think any of them will be there in the foreseeable future, however.

A performance by the G.O.O.D. Music record label or Young Money or whatever other ideas are being floated around would not be a good fit for Coachella, and would not be booked. This is not the festival for that type of show. Go to your local radio station's Summer Jam for that. That shit doesn't even fly at Rock the Bells. For some reason, Bonnaroo seems to be more open to those shows though, at least in the last few years.

If that is going to be the "make it or break it" or "ideal" type act for you to attend Coachella, find a different festival. I'm not even saying that to be be a dick like many others would, you just probably won't like the lineup and experience enough to justify the cost.
    People here don't seem to understand the "find another festival" concept, as they all tried figuring in Sabbath earlier in the thread when the only likely vehicle for Sabbath will be the Ozzfest. Sorry, kids. You can't always get what you want.... but if you try sometimes, you just may find.... you get the Rolling Stones instead of Outkast. Ahhhhh yeah. (Sorry Outkast, I still love you)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If all of you know so much about who can headline and when, how come none of you work for GV?
    We haven't been asked to headline yet.

Who else thinks that "phased" lineup releases are the worst?
    this

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    if there was one single act i never thought would be brought upin this thread it's the fucking panic.
    Panic at the Disco!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

If all of you know so much about who can headline and when, how come none of you work for GV?
    how do you know we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post

All I know about KRS ONE.
    That's unfortunate. Highly suggest you listen to "Return of the Boom Bap", "Maximum Strength 2008" and "Hip Hop Lives" in their entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    this photo from yesterdays posts popped up in my dreams last night & i started laughing out loud in the bed at like 3 am
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

KRS-One is shit. His only worthy material is from his BDP days. His solo work is crap.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

More like GayInTucson, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

That's unfortunate. Highly suggest you listen to "Return of the Boom Bap", "Maximum Strength 2008" and "Hip Hop Lives" in their entirety.
    I'll keep it in mind next time I go through a fanatical new (to me) music phase again... which happens at least once a year. I'd like to see MF DOOM on the lineup in some fashion. Too much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    More like GayInTucson, amirite?
    isnt that the new ABC sitcom starring a jaded, self delusional music critic & his wild message board antics?

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    isnt that the new ABC sitcom starring a jaded, self delusional music critic & his wild message board antics?
    Isn't that every ABC sitcom, in brief?

Quitter