Page 257 of 699 FirstFirst ... 252253254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

  1. #7681

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Okay -

    Kanye West w/heavy support from his GOOD MUSIC label. (Big Sean,Common, 2 Chainz, Pusha T)

    Lil Wayne w/ heavy support from Drake and Nicki Minaj along with a Hot Boyz and Big Tymers performance.

    Rick Ross w......you're right, he can't do it....a 4pm main stage set.



    Those first two are headliners. Ross is not. Was just thinking of "biggest names in the game"
    Just Stop. We don't need either pansy in Kanye West and Lil Wayne prancing around the stage. HORRIBLE ideas whether they are the "biggest in the game". And yes, Watch the Throne was a complete and utter waste of music space. The worst decision in Jay-Z's career.

  2. #7682
    Member TheCountofMonteDisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I don't like him but got free tix to a show, went, and he out on one of the highest energy shows I have seen in a long time. He would be a great set to catch, trust me.

    Plus he is on that "right now" freight train.
    Oh, I don't doubt that it's a good show at all.
    I was just wondering if you guys would be mad about 2 Chainz in a headlining spot.

  3. #7683
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteDisco View Post
    how mad are you guys going to be if they book 2 Chainz?
    I worked Nicki Minaj and 2chainz opened. If you like monotone rapping without any dynamics then you will dig the fuck outta his set.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  4. #7684
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,873

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteDisco View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt that it's a good show at all.
    I was just wondering if you guys would be mad about 2 Chainz in a headlining spot.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #7685
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    You're not thinking logically. Watch the Throne is already over a year old. It's over. No new worthy material from either of them, plus they both headlined separately in the past three years. Why in the world would GV choose to overpay two recent headliners when they can overpay Outkast, or someone who's actually been working and releasing good new material in the past couple months? Your only valid argument here is Thom Yorke/ Radiohead, and that was a goonie indie bitch wet dream waiting to happen. Watch the Throne had its own tour, which has concluded. Now please conclude your dreams of ruining Coachella for the rest of us.

  6. #7686

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    You're not thinking logically. Watch the Throne is already over a year old. It's over. No new worthy material from either of them, plus they both headlined separately in the past three years. Why in the world would GV choose to overpay two recent headliners when they can overpay Outkast, or someone who's actually been working and releasing good new material in the past couple months? Your only valid argument here is Thom Yorke/ Radiohead, and that was a goonie indie bitch wet dream waiting to happen. Watch the Throne had its own tour, which has concluded. Now please conclude your dreams of ruining Coachella for the rest of us.
    Zafo, you can't take this guy seriously because he believes that KRS One can be argued against as one of the worst MC's to ever walk the planet.

  7. #7687
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I don't like him but got free tix to a show, went, and he out on one of the highest energy shows I have seen in a long time. He would be a great set to catch, trust me.

    Plus he is on that "right now" freight train.
    Sounds about right. Thats what I would pay to see him again too. But then I would have to worry about wasting gasoline to get to the show and then I would actually have to want to hear & see a talentless piece of top40 shit again.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  8. #7688

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Outkast (ideal), Watch the Throne (not until a new album), Eminem (strikes me as a last resort for GV, but hardly implausible). This is who would still be invited to Coachella, and who could headline. I don't think any of them will be there in the foreseeable future, however.

    A performance by the G.O.O.D. Music record label or Young Money or whatever other ideas are being floated around would not be a good fit for Coachella, and would not be booked. This is not the festival for that type of show. Go to your local radio station's Summer Jam for that. That shit doesn't even fly at Rock the Bells. For some reason, Bonnaroo seems to be more open to those shows though, at least in the last few years.

    If that is going to be the "make it or break it" or "ideal" type act for you to attend Coachella, find a different festival. I'm not even saying that to be be a dick like many others would, you just probably won't like the lineup and experience enough to justify the cost.

  9. #7689

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    I'm going to have to institute a new policy and boycott any festival with Widespread headlining. How many festivals over how many years have these self obsessed jerkoff hasbeens headlined over the years? Gimme a fucking break. Not that I was going to Wakarusa anyway.
    lol widespread, dave schools has his own bbq sauce though brah, heady baby-back ribs at set break
    bbq.jpg
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

  10. #7690
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    WE MUSSST HAVE RAP HEADLINER!

  11. #7691
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    Zafo, you can't take this guy seriously because he believes that KRS One can be argued against as one of the worst MC's to ever walk the planet.


    All I know about KRS ONE.

  12. #7692

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Also, 2Chainz had a brief spark when he put out Riot, but if there has ever been a more disappointing break through it is this guy. Really, really, really unmemorable stuff. I will be baffled if he makes it on the lineup, but he does have that Reno date.

  13. #7693
    Quitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.

  14. #7694

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    Just Stop. We don't need Lil Wayne prancing around the stage.
    Yep
    And yes, Watch the Throne was a complete and utter waste of music space. The worst decision in Jay-Z's career.
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  15. #7695
    Member Wazzzzzup928's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Northern Hemisphere
    Posts
    299

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    I'm going to have to institute a new policy and boycott any festival with Widespread headlining. How many festivals over how many years have these self obsessed jerkoff hasbeens headlined over the years? Gimme a fucking break. Not that I was going to Wakarusa anyway.
    Highly doubt they are headlining. Just phase 1 of the lineup release. Check back in a few more days.
    Darkside - 1/26
    Robert DeLong - 1/30
    Scuba - 2/7
    Pusha T - 2/20
    Four Tet - 3/7
    Kraftwerk - 3/19
    Coachella - W1

  16. #7696
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,873

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    if there was one single act i never thought would be brought upin this thread it's the fucking panic.

    wat

    is

    happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  17. #7697
    Quitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.

  18. #7698
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Outkast (ideal), Watch the Throne (not until a new album), Eminem (strikes me as a last resort for GV, but hardly implausible). This is who would still be invited to Coachella, and who could headline. I don't think any of them will be there in the foreseeable future, however.

    A performance by the G.O.O.D. Music record label or Young Money or whatever other ideas are being floated around would not be a good fit for Coachella, and would not be booked. This is not the festival for that type of show. Go to your local radio station's Summer Jam for that. That shit doesn't even fly at Rock the Bells. For some reason, Bonnaroo seems to be more open to those shows though, at least in the last few years.

    If that is going to be the "make it or break it" or "ideal" type act for you to attend Coachella, find a different festival. I'm not even saying that to be be a dick like many others would, you just probably won't like the lineup and experience enough to justify the cost.
    People here don't seem to understand the "find another festival" concept, as they all tried figuring in Sabbath earlier in the thread when the only likely vehicle for Sabbath will be the Ozzfest. Sorry, kids. You can't always get what you want.... but if you try sometimes, you just may find.... you get the Rolling Stones instead of Outkast. Ahhhhh yeah. (Sorry Outkast, I still love you)

  19. #7699
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If all of you know so much about who can headline and when, how come none of you work for GV?
    We haven't been asked to headline yet.

  20. #7700
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,062

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Who else thinks that "phased" lineup releases are the worst?
    this

  21. #7701

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    if there was one single act i never thought would be brought upin this thread it's the fucking panic.
    Panic at the Disco!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  22. #7702
    Member TheCountofMonteDisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If all of you know so much about who can headline and when, how come none of you work for GV?
    how do you know we don't?

  23. #7703

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post


    All I know about KRS ONE.
    That's unfortunate. Highly suggest you listen to "Return of the Boom Bap", "Maximum Strength 2008" and "Hip Hop Lives" in their entirety.

  24. #7704

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    this photo from yesterdays posts popped up in my dreams last night & i started laughing out loud in the bed at like 3 am
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

  25. #7705
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    Zafo, you can't take this guy seriously because he believes that KRS One can be argued against as one of the worst MC's to ever walk the planet.
    KRS-One is shit. His only worthy material is from his BDP days. His solo work is crap.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  26. #7706
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,490

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    More like GayInTucson, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  27. #7707
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tlynott View Post
    That's unfortunate. Highly suggest you listen to "Return of the Boom Bap", "Maximum Strength 2008" and "Hip Hop Lives" in their entirety.
    I'll keep it in mind next time I go through a fanatical new (to me) music phase again... which happens at least once a year. I'd like to see MF DOOM on the lineup in some fashion. Too much to ask for?

  28. #7708

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    More like GayInTucson, amirite?
    isnt that the new ABC sitcom starring a jaded, self delusional music critic & his wild message board antics?
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

  29. #7709
    Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    isnt that the new ABC sitcom starring a jaded, self delusional music critic & his wild message board antics?
    Isn't that every ABC sitcom, in brief?

  30. #7710
    Quitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator.
    Last edited by Sigma; 01-04-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Coachella 2013 layaway payment confirmation?
    By arthurbang in forum Passes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:17 AM
  4. Polyphonic Spree - 1st Confirmation of 2013?
    By jonesjupiter in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
  5. First semi-confirmation for the 2010 lineup:
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •