Page 224 of 699 FirstFirst ... 219220221222223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,720 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    d
    Soooo... Booka shade, Hot Chip, and Thievery Corp. confirmed? who else can be dragged off this... besides Deadmoose... hopefully Carl Cox. and i can see AVB and A&B.

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    d
    Soooo... Booka shade, Hot Chip, and Thievery Corp. confirmed? who else can be dragged off this... besides Deadmoose... hopefully Carl Cox. and i can see AVB and A&B.
    What about these three being at Ultra confirms them for Coachella?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    We've found it. We've found the worst post on the internet.

Well from previous years of Ultra lineups, there are normally a few live acts that end up at coachella and a big chunk of Dj in sahara. Just an assumption, hence the "?" just throwing it out there. Boyz Noize and DJ Fresh Live would be nice to see, but idk if that would be likely.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    What about these three being at Ultra confirms them for Coachella?
    They're all just untalented enough to keep people like M0D3Z interested. CC is the only act on that lineup I would even consider seeing again, and there would have to be literally nothing else going on. Considering how many of those acts have been to Coachella in the past, I'm sure a couple of them will be back this year, regardless of talent. Can you imagine a Coachella without e-tards wandering over from the Sahara to bounce around while you wait for an act to play? It's cool to have the option, but hopefully that option can be limited to the do lab and the Sahara. A place where people without instruments belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    They're all just untalented enough to keep people like M0D3Z interested. CC is the only act on that lineup I would even consider seeing again, and there would have to be literally nothing else going on. Considering how many of those acts have been to Coachella in the past, I'm sure a couple of them will be back this year, regardless of talent. Can you imagine a Coachella without e-tards wandering over from the Sahara to bounce around while you wait for an act to play? It's cool to have the option, but hopefully that option can be limited to the do lab and the Sahara. A place where people without instruments belong.
    Umm have you seen Booka Shade or Thievery Corporation live? If you can't agree that both of those options is a significant step up from the lineup in the Sahara last year then you are a lost cause.

I'm not really basing this off anything, but I wouldn't doubt it if Portugal. The Man were there this year, they play a lot of shows on the west coast and are playing in Colorado in March. They are awesome live.

Well from previous years of Ultra lineups, there are normally a few live acts that end up at coachella and a big chunk of Dj in sahara. Just an assumption, hence the "?" just throwing it out there. Boyz Noize and DJ Fresh Live would be nice to see, but idk if that would be likely.
    Deadmau5 & Boys Noize are certainly much more likely from that list than any of the other live acts. Hot Chip/Crystal Castles have to be the next most likely.

I am just throwing it out there, not saying i would see these acts. seen them all acts on here except, Hot Chip, Yeasayer, Fatboy Slim and Bassnectar. Would i see some of these artists.. Maybe, but that depends on what else is on. I just notice that Ultra has artists that end up at Coachella for live performances. I am now questioning why i am defending my suggestions...

So glad I will be at Holy Ship!! while the highest surge of noobs are hitting this board

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Umm have you seen Booka Shade or Thievery Corporation live? If you can't agree that both of those options is a significant step up from the lineup in the Sahara last year then you are a lost cause.
    I pretty much avoided the Sahara for two weekends straight this year, and I didn't miss a thing in my mind. This is the first year that I couldn't find at least one act I wanted to see in the Sahara. Every time I ended up in the beer garden over on that side of the field, they were bumping the shit I heard on the radio driving up. Coachella should ban the DJ. It doesn't have to be Top 40 to be dance-worthy. You don't belong on stage at a festival if you don't write and engineer your own songs. I'd like to see Henry Rollins spoken word in the Sahara this year. Thank you.

d
    I am just throwing it out there, not saying i would see these acts. seen them all acts on here except, Hot Chip, Yeasayer, Fatboy Slim and Bassnectar. Would i see some of these artists.. Maybe, but that depends on what else is on. I just notice that Ultra has artists that end up at Coachella for live performances. I am now questioning why i am defending my suggestions...
    Because you easily picked the 3 most obscure names on that announcement and said they were confirmed for Coachella. Yea you used a question mark, but the only support for your claim is the Ultra lineup. If you're going to pretend to know something about good live electronic acts, please share. Otherwise, please go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I pretty much avoided the Sahara for two weekends straight this year, and I didn't miss a thing in my mind. This is the first year that I couldn't find at least one act I wanted to see in the Sahara. Every time I ended up in the beer garden over on that side of the field, they were bumping the shit I heard on the radio driving up. Coachella should ban the DJ. It doesn't have to be Top 40 to be dance-worthy. You don't belong on stage at a festival if you don't write and engineer your own songs. I'd like to see Henry Rollins spoken word in the Sahara this year. Thank you.
    You do realize you didn't answer the question, right? I highly doubt you heard the below on the radio mashed between Avicii, Kaskade, Dada Life and the like.

I'd honestly be surprised if Knife Party isn't on the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

lol, how long has Swedish House Mafia been touring under that retirement shtick.

Yeasayer lol?!?

BTW I'm surprised Prydz is not on the poster
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Porter View Post
    Yeasayer lol?!?

BTW I'm surprised Prydz is not on the poster
    He'll be phase 2 for sure but I was also surprised.

Confirmed
    Darkside - 1/26
    Robert DeLong - 1/30
    Scuba - 2/7
    Pusha T - 2/20
    Four Tet - 3/7
    Kraftwerk - 3/19
    Coachella - W1

You do realize you didn't answer the question, right? I highly doubt you heard the below on the radio mashed between Avicii, Kaskade, Dada Life and the like.
    I pretty much revised my statement to overrule your question. If they've been to Coachella in the last five years, I've heard them. Does that answer your question?

I'm almost speechless. I come back from vacation to all this.... It is so weird how I love and hate RSW, I feel tingly.

wait so child molester confirmed? why wasn't the first post updated?

thievery corporation on the main stage in 09 was one of my favorite coachella performances ever. i would love to see them again.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Except they totally drowned out Fleet Foxes on the Outdoor Theatre. So it's Fleet Foxes who really need to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Except they totally drowned out Fleet Foxes on the Outdoor Theatre. So it's Fleet Foxes who really need to come back.
    As long as they play a two o'clock slot.

fleet foxes need to go electric and be louder already...
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Like the infamous Monklish, I heard from a friend who is in music PR that NIN was coming back to the fields awhile ago (I think August), but thought they were full of BS until the recent NIN talk started up about a month ago.

This was the same person who told me that the Black Keys were headlining last year and I thought they were crazy. I was wrong, unfortunately. I guess I should have learned my lesson. Although I would be stoked for NIN because I've never seen them live.

What is everyone's opinion on the Stones rumor? Stones/NIN/mystery headliner would be nuts though. I don't think GV would spend the money on the Stones in my opinion. They would on Daft just to save face because Lolla and Roo would snatch them up but I don't think Daft is headlining this year either. We would have heard about some sort of new album or something by now. Even if they were waiting to release info on new material until after the line up dropped for great PR effect, there would be some substantiated leaks at this point.

My guess is NIN / Yeah Yeah Yeah & Phoenix co headlining / and not sure what the third would be. Beyonce? Jack White? Pearl Jam (or is that too similar to NIN in "retro" value?)

2014 just seems so much more likely for NIN...
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

What substantiates NIN? Reznor said he's working on new NIN material and MAY be touring again, but in no way does that suggest Coachella. Why do people keep hoping for bands who would have been good headliners ten to twenty years ago? I thought Coachella was a bit more progressive than that. Maybe they should consider a festival dedicated to bands people hardly think about anymore to keep posts like this from popping up every thirty seconds. I love me some old NIN, but I wouldn't see the point in Reznor and friends headlining when they really aren't that popular. Side note... the NIN concert video I have with Reznor back stage listening to Zappa was pretty cool.

Trent isn't bringing NIN to Coachella this year. It's going to be HTDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeontop View Post
    Like the infamous Monklish, I heard from a friend who is in music PR that NIN was coming back to the fields awhile ago (I think August), but thought they were full of BS until the recent NIN talk started up about a month ago.

This was the same person who told me that the Black Keys were headlining last year and I thought they were crazy. I was wrong, unfortunately. I guess I should have learned my lesson. Although I would be stoked for NIN because I've never seen them live.

What is everyone's opinion on the Stones rumor? Stones/NIN/mystery headliner would be nuts though. I don't think GV would spend the money on the Stones in my opinion. They would on Daft just to save face because Lolla and Roo would snatch them up but I don't think Daft is headlining this year either. We would have heard about some sort of new album or something by now. Even if they were waiting to release info on new material until after the line up dropped for great PR effect, there would be some substantiated leaks at this point.

My guess is NIN / Yeah Yeah Yeah & Phoenix co headlining / and not sure what the third would be. Beyonce? Jack White? Pearl Jam (or is that too similar to NIN in "retro" value?)
    Still holding out for Daft without "substantial leaks".... nobody had any idea Dre was headlining right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Trent isn't bringing NIN to Coachella this year. It's going to be HTDA.
    how about both? it happened in 1999 with APC/Tool with Maynard fronting both...Trent doesn't even sing in most of the HDTA songs so his vocals wouldn't be a problem. Im just throwing it out there, I know its not gonna happen so...in before bitching (would be awesome though)
    Upcoming Shows: