Page 672 of 699 FirstFirst ... 667668669670671672673674675676677 ... LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,160 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOX17 View Post
    going sat. :+
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    do you have floor tickets? that was the place to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOX17 View Post
    yep! cant wait.
    i have floor tix for sat. are you lining up early or just going around doors?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

@CTWolstenholme
    Good show at staples tonight. The smell of weed coming from the crowd was slightly overpowering though.
    https://twitter.com/CTWolstenholme/s...52847242399744

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Propellerpete View Post
    I was thining more Rod Stewart in the Sahara playing "if ya want muh bodee and ya think ahmmm sexyyyy"
    Every time I think of Rod Stewart live, a memory of Rod Stewart Live from South Park enters my head, and I laugh to myself. I want the rap remix of the song in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Every time I think of Rod Stewart live, a memory of Rod Stewart Live from South Park enters my head, and I laugh to myself. I want the rap remix of the song in the Sahara.
    sorry folks....agreement with Zafo. Shame on me...its late and no lineup and TMV are officially "dunzo"
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

shit ur drawls

The funny thing is that people clearly want to like me, but seem to be afraid of catching hell from the multi-thousand poster club. Inability to think for yourself is the fastest way to get them and myself thinking low of you. That having been said, I would accept xanman's friend request. No one is too big for anyone else on the internet. The internet elite is a fantasy. Don't let them fool you into thinking otherwise.

Keep telling yourself that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Sometimes folks are just generally awful and go on the naughty list.

No need to say people are trying to be elite.

This is the one place where you don't have to lie to kick it.

The funny thing is that people clearly want to like me, but seem to be afraid of catching hell from the multi-thousand poster club. Inability to think for yourself is the fastest way to get them and myself thinking low of you. That having been said, I would accept xanman's friend request. No one is too big for anyone else on the internet. The internet elite is a fantasy. Don't let them fool you into thinking otherwise.
    I thought this was the rumors thread.
    Not the " I'm cool on the internetz" self appreciation coming out of the closet thread
    Can we get back on topicxxxx?

I don't think Weezer is in this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Oh, if you only knew the things I tell myself when I'm telling you all some shit. It certainly beats CHVRCHES tour dates for five pages, or rumors of bands that should have stopped being rumored as headliners for major festivals twenty+ years ago. How much is that two dollar water?

Quote Originally Posted by stellarpoet22 View Post
    I thought this was the rumors thread.
    Not the " I'm cool on the internetz" self appreciation coming out of the closet thread
    Can we get back on topicxxxx?

Am I the only one who missed Beardyman going on the first page?

Oh, if you only knew the things I tell myself when I'm telling you all some shit. It certainly beats CHVRCHES tour dates for five pages, or rumors of bands that should have stopped being rumored as headliners for major festivals twenty+ years ago. How much is that two dollar water?
    you just won me over...now wheres the lineup? gimmeezzzz you double poster you
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

More excited for his return than I should be?

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Do ya Think I'm Sexy would be awesome to hear on the polo fields
    Beers, Steers and Queers!
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Bro.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Muse owned it tonight. And best of all I forgot about the god forsaken lineup for a whole two hours.
    totally agree! saw them here on monday and it was second only to seeing them the first time at coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by zachattacks11 View Post
    Did it top their elevating pillar setup from their last tour? That really had me.
    i really liked their setup this tour. my only complaint was they had these curved screens around their main platform that you couldn't really see from the floor, but didn't matter too much once the rest of the set up came to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    You shut your whore mouth when your talking about Glee

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    i have floor tix for sat. are you lining up early or just going around doors?
    Had paperless tickets so went around Staples Center and walked right through security after showing ID and credit card (no Will Call/Box Office). Phenomenal show, couldn't love this band any more.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Contact buzz!

I've reached a point in my life where I keep my hating to a minimum and respect everyone's art and if it's not for me I just shrug it off with nothing bad to say about it. But a few times a year I slip. And this is one of those times.

Muse is the musical theater of rock bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris Wheeler View Post
    I've reached a point in my life where I keep my hating to a minimum and respect everyone's art and if it's not for me I just shrug it off with nothing bad to say about it. But a few times a year I slip. And this is one of those times.

Muse is the musical theater of rock bands.
    back in 2009 i went to see this little band i never heard of called fun. i left the show feeling like i just saw RENT: The Band

im not too into muse these days but at least they have the chops

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Bro.
    Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by >implying View Post
    Solid postage.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I'm not entirely sure this is the general consensus, and not just a desperate rumor. The Stones have said publicly that they were in some form of talks, and that ultimately the discussion came down to money. When were the talks? How intense and long were they? I don't get the impression the Stones were ever slated for the poster, not to mention I would imagine GV are "in talks" with several acts before ultimately settling on three headliners. This could have easily been just a couple days of putting out feelers, or it could have been months of meetings. Regardless, I doubt Goldenvoice would wait so long for such a notoriously demanding and expensive band without having several solid options waiting in the wings.

This is purely speculation, but people have pointed out that one of the bigger pieces of evidence for Dre/Snoop being the Sabbath replacement and not the Black Keys (which I don't buy for a second) is that the Black Keys had a Coachella friendly tour mapped out and ready to go. If you told me that this tour was mapped out more for the benefit of the Arctic Monkeys, a second line act, and that the Black Keys were waiting in the wings as an official backup headliner for this very reason, I would not be shocked. That year we know for a fact that a headliner dropped out, not out of talks, but dropped out of being actually booked for the lineup, and the lineup still came out the earliest it ever has. I highly doubt that they don't have some form of contingency plan in place, especially after 2009, and especially now that they have to financially bank on two weekends.

People have been ridiculing the idea that maybe the lineup is being held because another festival has paid for the right to announce a major act first, yet there is no more concrete evidence for the "no headliner" theory either.
    Some festivals start trying to book headliner 15 months in advance. It's been known there would be 2012 Stones activity, but the band wouldn't make any future plans until the 4-5 gigs were done. Major acts can take a couple weeks to properly secure. One of the acts "waiting in the wings" was possibly MUSE(with a big private jet bill) and they filled in both weekends 10-12 days ago.

Black Keys had a month off circa April 2012.

There are no real rumours for a headliner, which....has that happened before with Coachella? Who could they get with millions burning a hole in their pocket that would provide "wow" factor if Bowie/Stones/Daft are not in play? Smiths/Talking Heads won't budge.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Since the general consensus is that the Stones fell through and they're scrambling to find a 3rd headliner...
    How would it make you feel if they just bumped up like Atoms for Peace and Phoenix to coheadline a day.
    Are AFP ready? No one would notice trading a $5mil headliner for a $1mil headliner?

Phoenix needs something a co-headliner or major EDM act to share that evening to be a remotely passable headliner. In other words, "plan K" headliner after Plans A thru J fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Ok, lets say Goldenvoice has a contract with the Rolling Stones.

Next, lets say there is a provision in the contract that the Rolling Stones cannot announce they are playing before a certain date. Violating this provision constitutes a breach of the contract.

Now, tell me, what do you believe is Goldenvoice's remedy for this breach?
    Rolling Stones could have said it was a faked by a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    So they aren't gonna be ready in April, but they were ready to keep going at the end of December? January?
    You do realize he is contractually obligated to state nothing about performing at Coachella. So what can he do? Deny it.

You're really gonna buy the "not ready" bit?
    Jagger doesn't want to say it's because of money. "Not Ready" could only apply if they are building a new stadium stage or something.

I don't know why anyone would believe anything that does not come directly from
    1. The Stones record company
    2. The Band themselves
    3. GV

A "source close to the band" could be anybody, it could be someone from this damn board, but its likely not anyone that is actually close to the band. With all of the hoopla and rumors flying around, the Coachella accident on their mobile app, all that we have gotten from anyone who is a real source was somebody asking Mick in NY about it and he said "I don't know how it got there."
    Jagger admits to getting tons of offers form Festivals. Plus other other building circumstantial evidence.

http://www.iorr.org/news.htm?WT.ac=news-ab-orange
    The busiest Stones site on the web is taking the Jagger quote as gospel. THAT site does have inside sources.

Stones own their masters, so the record company won't have any idea what's happening until roughly the same time as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Hah! No, you're right, I'm wrong. I've seen so many Rolling Stones articles that I'm mixing up the sources. The article that stated they were in talks and it came down to money was from a "source" in CoS, far from credible. So that only makes the "Rolling Stones are out, and they are scrambling to fill a headliner slot" theory even more ridiculous.

This is what I was remembering, but I had attributed it in my head to a direct statement from Mick or somebody:
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/0...oachella-2013/
    I don't know how much stock to put into this source, but I don't need to. Past announcement patterns, tours being announced left & right plus other festivals blowing some big reunion names show that things are off schedule for Goldenvoice - I don't know how one would argue otherwise. Filing a Stones sized hole seems to be the most likely scenario. Also weird is the lack of rumours on ANY of the headliners. The late announcement is not an automatic reason for concern, as McCartney, Prince, Dre and others were all last minute bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    You oafs. Stop and think about what you're saying. Who would be benefitted by The Stones lying about if they were playing, particularly under the guide of "not having enough time to prepare?"
    It's a good question. Maybe the Stones want a better price? Past Stones tour negotiation have had a habit of the talent price rising before the deal is closed if you believe a Michael Cohl(AFAIK, not affiliated with this tour) documentary aired on Canadian TV.

I believe the entire Stones-not-playing thing is a lie and a coverup and they will be on that poster. *

The worst part is the fake "source" *close to the band that somehow turned into Mick Jagger quoted something to the effect of "Coachella is in April? That's too early, we won't be ready."*

Really? You just rehearsed for months and performed 2 shows in December and you won't be ready to perform 2 shows in April, five months later?*
    I think the Stones figured they could make money with their own gigs than that would be better for a demographic that wouldn't like desert heat. Stones have only one 2 festivals in recent memory: Toronto SARStock 2003 when the Canadian Government gave them $10mil to swap around some Euro dates, and the 2007 Isle of Wight when they had fully saturated the Europe and empty seats were starting to show up(ie: Paris couldn't sell out a show) so their price was more affordable.

Also, if they want to go outdoors in multiple markets then they won't be "ready" by April.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    edit: let me rephrase. I don't believe this is a true statement. I have read quotes from Jagger saying Coachella was too early in the year, and that they had no talks with GV. If I am wrong, please point me to a credible source that shows the Stones saying this.
    The day after the PPV gig in NYC, Jagger said Coachella hadn't submitted a formal offer yet. That was published 3 weeks later and misinterpreted.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by stephen22 View Post
    You must have missed those two months in 2008 when everyone was a little surprised that the official poster had Portishead listed as the Saturday night headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    None of that is relevant to determining the factual accuracy of my statement that Portishead didn't headline. I appreciate your efforts though.
    I think they would have headlined if the festival sold out in advance like it does now. It also depends if you believe that Prince was booked all along but waited for a hip surgery, he likes last minute concert announcements or we wanted to be the top line of the poster.

Also brought up several dozen pages was Portishead could sell more tickets in North America than Blur at any point in their career and it was a US exclusive show. Blur already have a gig in Mexico and probably other US dates.

BOOM!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by kahaha View Post
    Probably been said a million times here already, but for my own venting I need to say it: My problem isn't so much that the lineup is taking on the longer end to be unveiled, but rather that a few major festivals have announced theirs in recent days, they're very solid and stealing some of Coachella's thunder in the process by being the first festivals to call dibs on certain bands before they're seen on the Coachella poster.

It may not matter much in the end, but I've just always liked Coachella setting the pace for everyone else, but I got this feeling this year's lineup will look pretty normal now that the others have shown their cards. Not to mention a lot of bands are self-confirming. No surprises expected here.
    Unless it's Daft/Bowie, I'm kinda setting modest expectations. I'm not even crazy over Daft, but I know the rest of the board loves 'em.

Coachella have that go toe to toe with anything else int he world. Rumours don't have me doing back flips yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Isn't that what happened in 09? Line up was released at Midnight and then tickets went on sale 10 hours later?
    Fans would get very angry that they didn't have a "fair" shot and carry a grudge directed at GV. Plus the festival would lose millions in lost free advertising from the press. 2009 had tickets at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    it's come out on january 30th, february and even march. they take as long as they want...
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Dude, who really cares if they release the lineup today or Jan. 30, or Valentines Day? You'll be there in April, as will everyone else. Not the end of the world.
    By my estimations, they lose $75,000 per week it's delayed because of lost interest on ticket sales/hotels/shuttles. It adds up quickly. I also think they have $10million worth of "hotel packages" per weekend to move that took 10 weeks to sell in 2012.

They haven't announced in Feb in a decade. It's become an international festival since then with media/movie/webcasts.

Plus fans flying in have to make travel plans. I'm coming down for 10 days, have 10 days booked in 3 cities with greyhound/flights/hotels/hostels/side trips. I just don't who's playing the festival I built a vacation around. With other festivals announcing fans can choose based on lineup rather than loyalty to a location.

it's not really known how many passes GV sell in the pre sale vs. number of passes sold with the lineup known.

Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    They actually said tickets would be on sale in January https://twitter.com/coachella/status/276812226868948993 . One would assume form the past that the lineup would be out a few days before tickets go on sale but there is no guarantee. They also could have made this statement with confidence that it would be true and it still may turn out to not be true.
    I don't know how anyone can deny that GV is running behind schedule. We won't know until we see the lineup if the delay had a positive or negative affect on bookings or fan reaction. GV have already lost brownie points for having Primavera reveal some of their surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Every year is the same fucking shit...

Black Keys can't headline...
    The Arcade Fire can't headline...
    Gorillaz can't headline...
    Kings of Leon can't headline...
    Kanye can't headline...
    Muse can't headline...
    The Killers can't headline...
    Jack Johnson can't headline... well... actually, they did fuck up pretty bad on that one.

Out of all of those I only saw Arcade Fire Gorillaz and 20 minutes of Muse. You have options. Blur will fucking rock.
    JJ, Gorillaz, Arcade and Killers were top billed and went on last. The other 4 were 2nd last mainstage or shared a line on the poster.

I will counter your speculation with my own speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.