Page 123 of 699 FirstFirst ... 118119120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 20943

Thread: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

  1. #3661

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    And? You saying GV booked Dre the day before the announcement?
    No, more like 4 months before Coachella. December at the latest. You're assuming they wanted the Pac hologram the minute they were booked.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  2. #3662
    Member PDXdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Yeah, it's "fucking obvious" that the filler was the band who stuck Coachella in the middle of a multi-city tour, not the one-off from the guy who hasn't performed in years, because a lot of people misread an article about how long it took to put the hologram together.
    Yes, Fucktard. You think GV planned to bring back Black Keys, who was the first act of the second line on Friday in 2011, to headline in 2012? You have got to be fucking kidding me. You really believe the day before the lineup came out when Sabbath cancelled, GV just randomly thought to call Dr Dre? Someone who people have been waiting to drop a new album or make an apperence in YEARS?

  3. #3663

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    The problem is that you consider yourself some sort of arbiter of what everyone else is allowed to talk about. STFU.
    I don't care what the topic of the circle jerk is. I called out people parading opinion as fact.

    As a regular purveyor of that kind of bullshit, I can see why you're offended.

  4. #3664
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    They originally had other plans to tour with the hologram before Coachella. those plans never came to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  5. #3665
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Yeah, because you think the "several" and "4" months are in series and not in parallel, probably because the article was written by someone half-literate.
    MTV lost its credibility with after Kurt Loder, Kennedy and Matt Pinfield left

  6. #3666

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    I knew about the Black Keys back in September. They were the first headliner signed.
    Oh look it's a Variety reporter with a confirmed fact.

    Wait, my bad. It's just some dipshit with a cat avatar.

    SOURCE OR GTFO.

  7. #3667
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    wheres your source asshole?

    i know a few people who work for various artist managements throughout the LA and bay area
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  8. #3668

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    As they say at Indian Wells.

    Game. Set. Match.

    (rap headliner in tact for 3 straight years. will it be 4?)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  9. #3669
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,821

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    No. Outkast is the only option left and that ain't happinin.

  10. #3670
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Wu Tang is it with animatronic ODB

  11. #3671

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    wheres your source asshole?

    i know a few people who work for various artist managements throughout the LA and bay area
    The claim was made that the Sabbath replacement was confirmed. Confirmed means by a reputable media outlet, not your imaginary friends.

    No one ever disputed that there are lots of opinions about the issue. Adding yours does nothing to resolve the claim in dispute.

    SOURCE OR GTFO.

  12. #3672
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    If you want your source other than what anyone here has to say then go fucking call Goldenvoice and ask them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  13. #3673
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    CHANGING SUBJECTS:\

    Who is more likely to headline, Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  14. #3674
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,821

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Phoenix granted their next album is as big a hit as their last. Yeah Yeah Yeahs will never headline, they lost any momentum they had.

  15. #3675

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I just have a hard time understanding why they would book Black Keys to headline when they had just sub-headlined the year before.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXdev View Post
    Yes, Fucktard. You think GV planned to bring back Black Keys, who was the first act of the second line on Friday in 2011, to headline in 2012? You have got to be fucking kidding me. You really believe the day before the lineup came out when Sabbath cancelled, GV just randomly thought to call Dr Dre? Someone who people have been waiting to drop a new album or make an apperence in YEARS?
    They likely booked TBK for the same reason they've booked Muse, RHCP and the Killers for next year - they're an arena-filling act (who were blowing up at the time, cause for back to back appearances) popular with the kiddies who fill the Polo Fields, not old men who hadn't filled anything but blunts for a over a decade like Dre and Snoop.

    Fucktards.

  16. #3676
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    1. Who actually cares?
    2. Please, go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  17. #3677
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    So with that being said, what about Green Day? The kids seem to love Green Day

  18. #3678

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    So with that being said, what about Green Day? The kids seem to love Green Day
    Maybe they're committed to another festival next year.

  19. #3679
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach
    Posts
    19,924

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PDXdev View Post
    You really believe the day before the lineup came out when Sabbath cancelled, GV just randomly thought to call Dr Dre?
    Maybe not randomly, but actually yes, that's exactly what happened.
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)
    8/08 - Spoon - Hollywood Forever


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  20. #3680

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Green day would be the first headliner in my four years of Coachella attendance that I would have absolutely zero interest in seeing.

  21. #3681
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    My friend saw Divine Fits the other day and after the show they indeed confirmed that they will be there this year.

  22. #3682

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Yeah, because you think the "several" and "4" months are in series and not in parallel, probably because the article was written by someone half-literate.
    "Several" and "4 months" were clearly not in parallel.

    WSJ Article dated April 16, 2012: Dr. Dre and his production team first approached Digital Domain a year ago to discuss the possibility of creating a virtual Tupac. They began work in earnest on the Coachella performance around four months ago.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...109842490.html

    Approached Digital Domain in April 2011. Began work in December 2011. But yeah, they got the call from Coachella in January 2012. Makes a lot of fucking sense.

  23. #3683

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    "Several" and "4 months" were clearly not in parallel.

    WSJ Article dated April 16, 2012: Dr. Dre and his production team first approached Digital Domain a year ago to discuss the possibility of creating a virtual Tupac. They began work in earnest on the Coachella performance around four months ago.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...109842490.html

    Approached Digital Domain in April 2011. Began work in December 2011. But yeah, they got the call from Coachella in January 2012. Makes a lot of fucking sense.
    Yeah, it does make a lot of sense. Read your own fucking article. Dre approached them with the notion of doing something some day in the future, maybe a tour, then they kicked into gear when he got the Coachella call.

  24. #3684

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Yeah, it does make a lot of sense. Read your own fucking article. Dre approached them with the notion of doing something some day in the future, maybe a tour, then they kicked into gear when he got the Coachella call.
    4 months ago from April 16 is December 16. 3.5 weeks before the lineup.

    "Several months of planning and 4 months of work" means planning, then work. If he had intended it to be parallel, he'd have said "4 months of planning and work."

    English. Learn it sometime.

  25. #3685
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  26. #3686

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    4 months ago from April 16 is December 16. 3.5 weeks before the lineup.

    "Several months of planning and 4 months of work" means planning, then work. If he had intended it to be parallel, he'd have said "4 months of planning and work."

    English. Learn it sometime.
    My better genes and more advanced training have taught me to recognize and exploit ambiguities in language that lesser minds such as yours fail at. Absent a "then" or "followed by," one such ambiguity exists here. In this case, the planning and work probably were largely in series rather than parallel, but your need to believe that you're right is leading you past the key distinction - the planning only became work about four months before Coachella. What else happened four months before Coachella? Oh yeah, Motherfucking D.R.E. got the Motherfucking C.A.L.L.! What, you think they had to wait for the lineup to become public to actually start working? Also, no one said four full months. January, February, March, and April are four different months. People estimate and exaggerate. Get over it.

  27. #3687

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    My better genes and more advanced training have taught me to recognize and exploit ambiguities in language that lesser minds such as yours fail at. Absent a "then" or "followed by," one such ambiguity exists here. In this case, the planning and work probably were largely in series rather than parallel, but your need to believe that you're right is leading you past the key distinction - the planning only became work about four months before Coachella. What else happened four months before Coachella? Oh yeah, Motherfucking D.R.E. got the Motherfucking C.A.L.L.! What, you think they had to wait for the lineup to become public to actually start working? Also, no one said four full months. January, February, March, and April are four different months. People estimate and exaggerate. Get over it.
    I'll give you credit for being hilarious. And fucking stupid.

    If I start a job on January 31st and I finish it on Feb 1st, that's "2 months of work." Got it, dumbshit.

    So in your own deluded world of dipshittery, "several months of planning AND 4 months of work" took place between the first week of January and the second week of April, or as its known to the non-retarded, 3 months and 2 weeks.

    4 months before Coachella is December 16. According to the legend, DRE got the call just a few days before the lineup dropped on January 9th. Something no add up.

    Please tell me more about the training that brought this genius about. You do realize what the word "and" means, no?

  28. #3688
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    "Several" and "4 months" were clearly not in parallel.

    WSJ Article dated April 16, 2012: Dr. Dre and his production team first approached Digital Domain a year ago to discuss the possibility of creating a virtual Tupac. They began work in earnest on the Coachella performance around four months ago.

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...109842490.html

    Approached Digital Domain in April 2011. Began work in December 2011. But yeah, they got the call from Coachella in January 2012. Makes a lot of fucking sense.
    .

    .
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  29. #3689
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,628

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    LOL at people focusing on the 4 months of creation and not several months of planning.

    Like Paul T said "Hey Dr. Dre we need a headliner, can you help us out?"

    "Well I was planning on selling headphones and just counting my money but fuck it why not? Hey Snoop we should do that holagram thing we were talking about. Yeah it takes exactly 4 months and there's a risk it might not be done in time and I am a perfectionist who hasn't put out an album in 13 years but fuck it why not? It's not like we can say no and Coachella would allow us to play next year cause we might not be in demand even though we haven't toured in forever and all of our guests would bring little publicity that Coachella wouldn't deem worth it."


    But yeah Dre & Snoop replaced BS not the band that subheadlined and only got a little bigger just to come back.

  30. #3690
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,122

    Default Re: 2013 Lineup Confirmation/Rumors Thread

    Has anyone noticed the Coachella sized gap in Muse's tour dates?
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread
    By summerkid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7820
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM
  3. Coachella 2013 layaway payment confirmation?
    By arthurbang in forum Passes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:17 AM
  4. Polyphonic Spree - 1st Confirmation of 2013?
    By jonesjupiter in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
  5. First semi-confirmation for the 2010 lineup:
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •