Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATP UK Festivals 2013

Default Re: ATP UK Festivals 2013

I hope they announce Xmas 2013 sooner than later.. I'm wondering if I should hang out in Europe for a while or save my PTO for another trip over

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    I hope they announce Xmas 2013 sooner than later.. I'm wondering if I should hang out in Europe for a while or save my PTO for another trip over
    They announced Shellac Xmas back in June so you're gonna have to wait awhile

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

i forsure got my ticket, hoping for some more great 70s-80s postpunk/punk bands and it would be super sick if my bloody valentine played. doubt it though. good contemporaries nonetheless. jesus christ i cant find a plane ticket cheaper than 1300 though.(from CA to UK)

That Deerhunter weekend looks pretty great. Plus I need to get out of the country at some point while I am still in my 20's.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    They announced Shellac Xmas back in June so you're gonna have to wait awhile
    They announced The National one in Feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    That Deerhunter weekend looks pretty great. Plus I need to get out of the country at some point while I am still in my 20's.
    I'm going entirely with people not from the UK, and my first ATP in NY I shared a room with all non-US people. It's a great excuse to travel, you'll meet some awesome people.. My logic was similar to yours as well, when Shellac was announced I pretty much said "fuck it, next one to get announced is the one I'm going to"

Deerhunter weekend adds reformed Breeders performing Last Splash, Kim Gordon & Ikue Mori - http://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1212071559.php

old school

Is anyone here actually considering the Deerhunter weekend? If so, is anyone looking to share a chalet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Is anyone here actually considering the Deerhunter weekend? If so, is anyone looking to share a chalet?
    I was, but it's looking unlikely now. With the obvious exception of the Deerhunter album sets, the lineup's too much of a "been there/done that/they do every FYF ever" crossed with "meh" for me. Really want to do a proper ATP someday, but seeing The Knife takes priority. If they play somewhere in the country between ATP and Glasto, then I'll do all three unless there's a more attractive Knife-centric vacation elsewhere.
    Last edited by Boourns; 01-01-2013 at 03:02 AM.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

old school

Any ideas when The Knife dates will be announced? They do take priority but this festival would be nice since I just would push my itinerary a bit.

Both great adds especially Rhys Chatham w/ Oneida and William Basinski!

Weekend 1: ATP Curated by TV On The Radio - May 10th-12th 2013

Hailing from Brooklyn and responsible for some of the most mind-blowing, genre-exploding music of the last decade, ATP are extremely happy to invite TV On The Radio to curate and headline the first 2013 weekend. Their event takes place at Pontins, Camber Sands from Friday 10th - Sunday 12th May 2013. Here is the second set of exciting additions to the event as picked by the band:

DE LA SOUL
    DOOM
    DOSEONE
    DARK DARK DARK
    DRAGONS OF ZYNTH
    UNKNOWN MORTAL ORCHESTRA
    LONE WOLF & CUB

So here is how the line-up currently looks...

TV ON THE RADIO
    DE LA SOUL
    DOOM
    SPANK ROCK
    EL-P
    SAUL WILLIAMS
    TINARIWEN
    CSS
    DOSEONE
    SHABAZZ PALACES
    THEE OH SEES
    DANIEL HIGGS (LUNGFISH)
    DRAGONS OF ZYNTH
    CELEBRATION
    TALIBAM!
    LONE WOLF & CUB
    DARK DARK DARK
    NORTH AMERICA
    UNKNOWN MORTAL ORCHESTRA

+ MANY MORE TBC

Weekend 2: ATP Curated by Deerhunter - June 21-23 2013

Hailing from Atlanta, Deerhunter have also been one of the most exciting up and coming bands in rock music in the last decade with each of their albums helping to build a very dedicated fanbase. They are long time ATP regulars (and favourites) and we're very happy to have them head the bill. Their event takes place at Pontins, Camber Sands from Friday 21st - Sunday 23rd June 2013.

After the very exciting recent news that THE BREEDERS are reforming to perform their classic Last Splash album (to celebrate it's 20th anniversary) for the event and that ex-Sonic Youth member KIM GORDON will collaborate with IKUE MORI we can also now add more incredible new additions picked by Deerhunter...

TOM TOM CLUB
    RHYS CHATHAM with ONEIDA
    WILLIAM BASINSKI performing The Disintegration Loops
    JAMES, ROJ & JULIAN (BROADCAST and GHOST BOX)
    EX MODELS feat. KID MILLIONS
    SAMARA LUBELSKI
    BLUES CONTROL with LARAAJI
    DJ & SPOKEN WORD from ERIC ISAACSON (Mississippi Records)

So here is how the line-up currently looks...

DEERHUNTER performing Cryptograms, Microcastle & Halcyon Digest
    THE BREEDERS performing Last Splash
    TOM TOM CLUB
    ATLAS SOUND
    RHYS CHATHAM with ONEIDA
    PANDA BEAR
    KIM GORDON & IKUE MORI
    JAMES, ROJ & JULIAN (BROADCAST and GHOST BOX)
    WILLIAM BASINSKI performing The Disintegration Loops
    AVEY TAREY
    PERE UBU
    DAN DEACON
    TIM GANE
    LAETITIA SADIER
    NO AGE
    BLACK LIPS
    EX MODELS feat. KID MILLIONS
    SAMARA LUBELSKI
    BLUES CONTROL with LARAAJI
    DJ & SPOKEN WORD from ERIC ISAACSON (Mississippi Records)

+ MANY MORE TBC

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I am indeed in for Deerhunter but I believe my room is full. This latest round of updates is incredible, so excited about Rhys Chatam and the Disintegration Loops - the latter being something I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to see

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    I am indeed in for Deerhunter but I believe my room is full. This latest round of updates is incredible, so excited about Rhys Chatam and the Disintegration Loops - the latter being something I didn't think I'd ever get a chance to see
    Damn you're gonna have a blast! Are you hitting up Glastonbury afterwards or doing any other European festivals?

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Undecided if I'm going to do a long trip here and hit up another festival.. I think if I tried that I wouldn't stay in the UK though - I don't know if Glastonbury has enough stuff that I'd be interested in(as a percentage of the whole festival)... There are some that I'm going to keep an eye on if the dates all line up, though

The lineup's looking better and better, and I can understand getting Avey Tare's name wrong initially. But to not catch the error before releasing the poster?

10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

MBV will be in the UK in May for Primavera... I feel like they'd certainly fit in on the bill

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Primavera is not in the UK...but Spain is a short plane ride away. ATP and Primavera tend to have a lot of crossover too.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

EU, I meant.. woops

I'll Be Your Mirror!

It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Hmmm that's a really good line up, but not really worth traveling for.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I'll Be Your Mirror!

I used to see Nick at the Locust shows back in the day. Glad he asked them to play again Next up, Head Wound City

ATP can now announce our second set of additions picked by the curators for this year...

Saturday 4th May sees the long awaited return of New York's mighty Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who will play their first London headline show in four years. The band will be personally handpicking the line-up for their day, with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Black Lips, Anika, The Field, Dirty Beaches, King Khan And The Shrines and Mick Harvey performing the songs of Serge Gainsbourg already announced.

We can now newly confirm THE LOCUST (exclusive London show - reforming for this event), PRINCE RAMA and K HOLES for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs day with much much more to be confirmed - Saturday day tickets cost 59.

On Sunday 5th May, ATP are very happy to present Grizzly Bear who will play their largest UK show to date as headliners of I'll Be Your Mirror. They will also be personally curating the rest of the line-up for their day, with Van Dyke Parks, The Walkmen, Tortoise, Real Estate, I Break Horses and Cass McCombs as their first choices.

We can now newly confirm NICOLAS JAAR and DJ JAMES MURPHY (DFA) for Grizzly Bear's day with more acts are to be confirmed in the weeks ahead. Sunday day tickets also cost 59.

Around 35 bands in total are set to play the event across the two days plus DJs, Films and more to be confirmed!
    Line-up So Far...

4th May - Curated by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yeah Yeah Yeahs (London exclusive)
    The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion!
    The Locust
    Black Lips
    The Field
    Prince Rama
    Dirty Beaches
    King Khan And The Shrines
    Mick Harvey - Performing the music of Serge Gainsbourg
    Anika
    K Holes

+ more TBC

5th May - Curated by Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear (London exclusive)
    The Walkmen
    Van Dyke Parks
    Tortoise
    Nicolas Jaar
    DJ James Murphy (DFA)
    Real Estate
    I Break Horses
    Cass McCombs

+ more TBC

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

new announcements

Straight outta the commotion of Brooklyn, and consequently responsible for some of the most mind-blowing, genre-exploding music of the last decade, ATP are giddy with excitement to invite TV On The Radio to curate and headline the first of 2013 holiday camp weekends. Their event takes place at the luxurious surroundings* of Pontins, Camber Sands, which provide not only solid walls, beds and a working toilets, but also hot and cold running water, and this particular instance will take place from Friday 10th - Sunday 12th May 2013. Here is the third set of additions to the its-so-exciting-you'll-want-to-grab-a-spare-pair-of-underwear event as picked by the band:

DEATH GRIPS

WHY?

ANTIBALAS

LIGHT ASYLUM

BOUQUET
    Busting loose from the former jewel of the southern crown of Atlanta, Deerhunter have been one of the most exciting up and coming bands in rock music in the last decade with each of their albums helping to build an almost scarily dedicated fanbase, who, if they get their lives in order, will have the rare opportunity to hear a number of their albums played in full. Once again, the event takes place at the aforementioned sublime facilities** of Pontins, Camber Sands from Friday 21st - Sunday 23rd June 2013 and we are very excited to have them curate and headline.

We can now confirm more additions picked by Deerhunter for their line-up - headed up by a legend of modern composition:

STEVE REICH & THE LONDON SINFONIETTA

ROBYN HITCHCOCK

BLACK DICE

Steve Reich will present a number of his classic compositions including Clapping Music, Electric Counterpoint, and more.

Tickets are on sale now via this link!

i have 3 extra passes for the deerhunter ATP. a few friends can't make it.

Grizzly Bear rescheduled their day to November of the May IBYM's... I was hoping ATP was past this phase :\ Definitely not reassuring after having just bought the nonrefundable airfare for Deerhunter

10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

I have a feeling they're going to get Boards of Canada or the Avalanches for those events. Sad day indeed. Sign this: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...t-camber-sands

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick

Have you been there? It is a shit hole. Good riddance. They'll have to stick to overpriced shows in London. I wonder if the rescheduled Grizzly Bear one will even happen.

I really badly want to make it to the first weekend if I've got good employment by then. Barring that, I really hope that Television play a few more shows (even though it's not really Television if Richard Lloyd isn't there, and he retired.)
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

It won't save you much, but there always tends to be people trying to fill their chalets in the week before the fest. You can normally grab a space for half price.

You'd be better off saving your cash and going to Primavera. I'm sure Television will do some other dates.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Have you been there? It is a shit hole. Good riddance. They'll have to stick to overpriced shows in London. I wonder if the rescheduled Grizzly Bear one will even happen.
    No I've been trying to go the past few years but it hasn't worked out. I would love to go the second weekend but I'll probably end up saving my money for Primavera next year...

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick