Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

Default Re: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

I know, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Can we do a group costume for fancy dress day? I don't care what the theme is, my vote is for Team Zissou.

oh damn. neverfuckingmind. we can't beat 200 of them!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...gwearenotalone
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

If you cant beat em, join em....

Don't they normally have a theme you're encouraged to stick to?

Yep. I hope next year's theme is superhero/villain.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

What would you be, Frank?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Maybe South Park's Mintberry Crunch or Human Fly from The Simpsons
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

That's cool. About 5 people will get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

For all the boardies who are used to and love the layout of coachella who are considering going to Bestival, be prepared to do a lot of hiking up hills and watching artists and dancing on slopes. The weather is great if you like that foggy drizzly stuff, but this years Bestival was actually hot as hell like coachella except for sunday. Make sure to bring something very warm for night night, shit is crazy cold. Saturday is an extreme drug fest, so get ready for that,lol

Overall it was an amazing time with lots of interesting things to do, met a lot of awesome people and will be going back again for 2013.

So I talked it over with my boss and you can move me to the "Probably Going" category, Flights are mad cheap leaving from Frankfurt Hahn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Got it.

Rick and I have figured out what we're doing. We're going to fly into Dublin (leaving Sunday the 1st, arriving Monday the 2nd), spend a couple of nights there, and then fly from Dublin to Southampton on Wednesday the 4th. There, we will rent a car (I want to drive over to Bath and Stonehenge for the day) and then we'll spend Wednesday night in Southampton. We'll take the car ferry over to the island on Thursday morning and then the following Monday, we're going to drive the car to Gatwick or Heathrow (or whereever we fly out of). We'll spend the night in London and then fly home on Tuesday.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

That sounds like a fantastic nine days. So with the news today what about Blur as a headliner?
    I am already leaning towards going and Blur would seal it.

I'm guessing Reading/Leeds for Blur, sadly.

So if the lineup disappoints, is everyone still in? I'm being torn in four different directions, so I have to play the wait and see game. If I do end up going to Bestival, then I'd like to hit Amsterdam before or after.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    So if the lineup disappoints, is everyone still in?
    what?

exactly what it says

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post

So if the lineup doesnt have any female acts that are fronted by asians, is everyone still in?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    what?

look up

I'm in unless its really bad...but I doubt it will be
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Yeah, some years are better than others, but they've always been good. I'll be sorted if it's as solid as this year's, and if Daft Punk or The Knife finally comes out of hiding next year, the level of urgency they bring would go a long way, and Bestival is more likely for either than my Glasto+ATP and Iceland Airwaves options. Of course, for The Knife, Karin would have to change her mind about festivals...

Bestival isn't an entirely lineup-dependent festival in my eyes because of all the other things it has going on, but I figured I should ask.
    Last edited by Boourns; 10-06-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Maybe the plan should be to all meet up in Southampton on that Wednesday then. We can get some rooms somewhere and get started proper.

Sounds good. Always best to get a head start.

Who wants to split a yurt....

We might. Waiting for prices and junk to pop up. Then we can figure it out. I'm positive we will be in boutique tho.

Yurts, tipis, and the like are tempting, but oh so expensive. My friend and I can't commit to anything until after the cruise, but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    We might. Waiting for prices and junk to pop up. Then we can figure it out. I'm positive we will be in boutique tho.
    Well, the site has the prices. But is that per person or total?

http://www.yurtsandsqurts.com/makebo...asp?id=4&fid=2
    Last edited by suprefan; 10-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Those are 2012 prices....but its the cost of the yurt., not the per person cost.

Yeah, but doesnt that give you an idea of what to plan for?

Yeah but I think the options change YOY. They added some vendors last year after tickets went on sale.

@RobdaBank: Before the depeche mode/bestival rumours start they're gonna be in the states then ... Believe me I tried..one of my fave bands ever

That's a bummer. Oh well I am sure he has some other great headliners lined up.

Daft Punk, Atoms for Peace, Pulp