Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

Default Re: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

I realized this morning that I actually have a Gilligan hat. So fuck yeah!

Also:

Bestival

Marking our mighty 10th anniversary we’re throwing an epic Bestival Classics opening night birthday party on the Thursday and we want you to tell us who you think should be dropping the classics! Let us know your favourite DJ sets from past Bestivals - some of our choice picks: Carl Cox in the Big Top (2009), Kode 9 in the Hidden Disco (2007), Fatboy Slim in Bollywood (2011), Stanton Warriors at Arcadia (2012)...what are your favourites from over the years?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Should I go to this? It sure sounds like a good idea. What ticket plan did you all come up with? Did you include the Thursday? How long is your entire trip Rick and Jen? I like this Amsterdam idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Should I go to this? It sure sounds like a good idea. What ticket plan did you all come up with? Did you include the Thursday? How long is your entire trip Rick and Jen? I like this Amsterdam idea too.

We didn't buy our tickets yet. We're waiting until we're done paying off the Coachella tickets, but we're including the Thursday for sure. We're only going to hit Amsterdam for a couple of nights (We're not sure yet but I think we're flying in to arrive on Monday; depends on the flights or if I'm even still working here). Going to go to London Wendesday and spend the night with Chris and Angela and then travel down with them, then travel back up to London with them on Monday. Flying out Tuesday.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Have there been any somewhat concrete rumors about the lineup? It's either going to be Bestival or Primavera for me ,though Bestival would work out much better for me time wise. Basically if Blur plays Coachella or some other North American shows I will be choosing Bestival.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    We didn't buy our tickets yet. We're waiting until we're done paying off the Coachella tickets, but we're including the Thursday for sure. We're only going to hit Amsterdam for a couple of nights (We're not sure yet but I think we're flying in to arrive on Monday; depends on the flights or if I'm even still working here). Going to go to London Wendesday and spend the night with Chris and Angela and then travel down with them, then travel back up to London with them on Monday. Flying out Tuesday.
    Right on. The weekly payment plan is rather interesting. 36 payments of 5 pounds a week. I only wish it was weight and not dollars that would be so productive for me! Either way that payment plan has me considering.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Have there been any somewhat concrete rumors about the lineup? It's either going to be Bestival or Primavera for me ,though Bestival would work out much better for me time wise. Basically if Blur plays Coachella or some other North American shows I will be choosing Bestival.
    They said they're going to start announcing some acts at the beginning of the year. Also, someone on their board has a "betting odds" thread for the headliners and keeps up with the rumours and whatnot. Blur is on it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Right on. The weekly payment plan is rather interesting. 36 payments of 5 pounds a week. I only wish it was weight and not dollars that would be so productive for me! Either way that payment plan has me considering.
    Heh. Yeah they have a nice plan.

This year they announced the first batch of names in early february. Maybe they announce earlier, we'll see. At least i can start weighing more between glasto and bestival since glasto should have the 3 headliners announced by then too.

Seeing Blur in England would be the best thing ever

I must be on my own with the headliners having zero influence on my festival choices. They are just 3 of the acts out of 80 or so. I think this year was the first Coachella that I actually watched more than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I must be on my own with the headliners having zero influence on my festival choices. They are just 3 of the acts out of 80 or so. I think this year was the first Coachella that I actually watched more than one.
    Well we all know Faxman only sees that and decides on it. That and if lots of people gravitate towards something new and shiny experience wise.

I like how you can't even explain your own statement, you just make up some bullshit about me to deflect. Classic Supredouche!

A crap headliner doesn't matter as much at Glasto as it would at Bestival since there are a lot more stages. I'm looking at previous clashfinders and it's comparatively slimmer pickings during Bestival headliners, so take a nap or do non-musical things during Mumford & Sons?

Kings of Leon, Watch the Throne, Rolling Stones for Glastonbury versus Daft Punk, Mumford & Sons, Portishead for Bestival, perhaps?
    Last edited by Boourns; 12-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

ha ha look at Boourns tossing out the Daft Punk/Portishead combo at Bestival.

No Daft Punk:

Rob da Bank‏@RobdaBank

If that is a new daft punk track that I just RTed its a good sign for the album! And whilst we may be the uks best festi d punk ain't playin

so then arcade fire is your last hope now.....

and Portishead

Pet Shop Boys and Blur are both playing Berlin Festival which is held the same weekend and last year was a lot of overlap between the two lineups.
    Last edited by concertgoer; 12-14-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Fingers crossed for both.

So blur, arcade fire, pet shop boys and portiahead.

Pet Shop Boys make sense as the dance/dance-friendly headliner now that daft punk has been debunked. I think Blur will end up at Reading since they have the budget and capacity for them.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I am hoping that Reading overpayed for Eminem and that Blur end up at Bestival, but I agree that sadly Reading is more likely.

Still expect Portishead to curate a December ATP, which might restrict their other UK fest appearances.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I guess we'll see soon, but Portishead is the 3-1 favorite in their lineup betting thing, and Rob hasn't come in to debunk it yet.

The Knife should curate an ATP.

Christ, that would be insane.

Since the new album apparently has a bunch of guests, a Knife-centric festwould be a good way to get them all in one place. Plus Royksopp, dEUS, Planningtorock, Blonde Redhead, Oni Ayhun, ??? Yep, insane.

I'll settle for just seeing The Knife. Not that bothered where. Osterley seems like a nice bet.

What about The Knife at Bestival closing The Big Top?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I'll settle for just seeing The Knife. Not that bothered where. Osterley seems like a nice bet.
    Hooray for Osterly! Hopefully it ends up being money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    What about The Knife at Bestival closing The Big Top?
    Well, Bestival really wants them, so that helps. Of course, there's Karin's feelings of ridiculousness in regards to such an environment. Maybe they are doing festivals and have a more compatible live show in the works. Or maybe they just endure it. Or not. It is all just speculation until some dates or fest luneups start dropping. Most of us hate some or all aspects of our work, after all.

I think if they do any outdoor festivals at all that this would be the most likely one in England.