Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

Default Re: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

GODDAMNIT FUCK FUCK FUCK!
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Heh, in gonna have to coin flip between glasto and bestival when the time comes

Ok, been doing some digging. I think we're going to spend Wednesday night before the festival on the Isle of Wight instead of Southampton. Mainly because the ferry crossing is half the price on Wednesday that it is on Thursday. Not sure if we're going to leave the island on Monday or Tuesday yet.

Still not sure where we are going to fly into yet because I'm not sure if I will still have an airline job or not (the plan is that I'll be employed elsewhere, but who knows at this point). Did want to let those of you going know that I saw a fare of about $900 R/T from PHX to London on American Airlines (taxes and such included) which is pretty cheap (they've been at about $12-$1300).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Well, you have somewhere to crash in London if you want to keep costs down.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Oooh. Maybe we can crash with you on Wednesday night and then all travel over together on Thursday, and then travel back with you on Monday? That could be a jolly good time. Jolly, I say.

I actually like that idea better.

That is fine by me. We can do a night out in London before heading over.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Sold! Woo!

Sonofhal's couch is claimed. Which means I finally get to be in the band. I played the clarinet in elementary school.

well gee, there goes my idea. Whoops

I have plenty of room.

Outside

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Outside
    Did i end up outside back in march?

We changed our minds after the Amazing Race last night and decided to to go Amsterdam instead of Dublin before Bestival. So we'll fly to Amsterdam on the 1st, get there on the 2nd, spend the nights of the 2nd and the 3rd in Amsterdam, and then get over to London on Wednesday.

If you can, get a flight from Amsterdam to London Southend with Easyjet. Flight is only 30 mins and a train to London from Southend is 45 minutes. The flights are normally very cheap too.

Which London airport is closest to your place?

Stansted and Southend are about the same as far as travel time goes. Southend is a lot smaller, so you'll spend next to no time waiting for luggage. Both under an hour. Heathrow is closer to 2 hours due to the ridiculous amount of tube stops.

Ok, that's good information to know. Thanks!

Fancy Dress theme being announced tomorrow. Fingers crossed for TV villans.

Nautical fancy dress theme. Meh

All aboard!! Our 2013 theme is HMS Bestival

HMS Bestival skipper Rob da Bank: "All the nice girls love a sailor and all the boys love a mermaid. Think deckhands, anchors, beach parties, Moby Dick, tattooed ladies, Titanic, shipwrecks,
    Hawaii, Treasure Island, rum bars in scuzzy ports, message in a bottle, the crow’s nest, sea legends, monster breakers and tall tales of life on the ocean waves. Nautical but nice! There’s no better time to join the good ship HMS Bestival and our trusty crew of merrimakers than now with Crimbo approaching, so get your Golden Early Bird Tickets and prepare to set sail me hearties!”

I am down with that theme.

Pirates! Or zombie pirates! Slutty pirate zombies!

I predict lots of seamen....

I guess we can go as old fat hawaiian tourists. Pretty easy. Hawaiian shirt, plaid shorts, floppy hat, big sunglasses, leis, sandals, socks.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Pirates! Or zombie pirates! Slutty pirate zombies!
    Supposed to be "nautical but nice".

Nautical fancy dress theme. Meh

All aboard!! Our 2013 theme is HMS Bestival

HMS Bestival skipper Rob da Bank: "All the nice girls love a sailor and all the boys love a mermaid. Think deckhands, anchors, beach parties, Moby Dick, tattooed ladies, Titanic, shipwrecks,
    Hawaii, Treasure Island, rum bars in scuzzy ports, message in a bottle, the crow’s nest, sea legends, monster breakers and tall tales of life on the ocean waves. Nautical but nice! There’s no better time to join the good ship HMS Bestival and our trusty crew of merrimakers than now with Crimbo approaching, so get your Golden Early Bird Tickets and prepare to set sail me hearties!”
    So in other words, "we want in on this musical cruise trend, but without having to actually make one happen."
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Supposed to be "nautical but nice".
    Im sure both will happen.

Frank, I guess the last time they had a theme involving water, it rained a lot.

I did the tacky tourist for Halloween once. I couldn't find any old man sock suspenders, though, so the ensemble felt incomplete.

7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Oh, zissou overload will commence, and hopefully somebody does the cast of the love boat and gilligans island.

GILLIGAN! YES!

Gilligan: sonofhal
    Mary Ann: Angela
    Mr. Howell: Rick
    Mrs. Howell: me
    Professor: suprefan
    Ginger: ?
    Skipper: ?
    Wild natives: ?

I'll just dress as Reverent Scott from the Poseiden Adventure.

Dibs on roger moore in boat trip

I'm leaning more towards Old Gregg now.