Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

Default Re: Invading Bestival 2013--The Thread

I also saw that in Wild Copse and Boutique, the carpark is right next to the site. So no hauling.

RE: Van rental. I'm seeing about $80 a day out of Gatwick. Quite a lot. However, things change (it's soo far away still).

Also, re: RV rentals: Not too bad, but I don't think the site has potty hookups.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Driving in would be fantastic. Having to haul gear through trains, ferries, shuttles, and then the walk across the site would greatly limit what I'm willing to bring. After Glasto, I'd resolved that "next time", I'd bring only camping basics and a couple of changes of clothes, probably not even shower stuff. :P

Ok from the FAQ
    Can I bring a small BBQs or stove to cook food
    Yes you can bring these however you are only permitted to use them in the designated cooking areas which will be signposted in the campsites.

Re the RV rental and hookups - the group I went to Sasquatch with had an RV and after the fest we just stopped at a park & ride place that had RV hookups to empty everything out. As long as you keep an eye on the usage and how full the tanks get, it's pretty easy to keep it from filling up and can be emptied after the fest. I think we all still used portos that weekend anyway. Nobody wanted to funk up the RV. I'm perfectly fine with dropping deuces in a porto.

As far as the van rental goes - if there are enough people to fill up/contribute to paying for the van, it may not be bad. Once you factor in train/ferry tickets and food (since we could bring a lot more) - it may work out to be about the same per person.

oh Frank - from FAQ
    Are there water points on site?
    Yes there are plenty free water points located around the main arenas, fields and campsites.
    Last edited by unknown; 09-13-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Stoves/bbqs seem like they'd have limited usefulness and would be a lot of extra weight to carry in. The festival food is pretty great, right?

From the map, it looked like there were a lot fewer water points than at glasto (which had water next to most of the porta potty banks, I think? as well as sinks). It could be that there are more that aren't marked though. It was nice to never buy bottled water, and to be able to clean up a couple of times a day in the sinks.

Yeah I'm not really feeling the idea of having to cook in a designated area. I do enjoy making my own food at festivals - it's nice to relax at camp with friends, but the food at Bestival was extremely good.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Ok from the FAQ
    Can I bring a small BBQs or stove to cook food

Re the RV rental and hookups - the group I went to Sasquatch with had an RV and after the fest we just stopped at a park & ride place that had RV hookups to empty everything out. As long as you keep an eye on the usage and how full the tanks get, it's pretty easy to keep it from filling up and can be emptied after the fest. I think we all still used portos that weekend anyway. Nobody wanted to funk up the RV. I'm perfectly fine with dropping deuces in a porto.

As far as the van rental goes - if there are enough people to fill up/contribute to paying for the van, it may not be bad. Once you factor in train/ferry tickets and food (since we could bring a lot more) - it may work out to be about the same per person.

I don't mind either, but the husband likes a comfortable place to do his business. But I'll do some heavy price researching so we know how much they run (both RV and van).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Speaking of good food, I saw during the Bat for Lashes webcast that La Grande Bouffe is situated between the main stage and Big Top. Score!
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

A VW Camper van might be kind of cool (or maybe a couple of them). To be honest, I'm fine with camping tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Speaking of good food, I saw during the Bat for Lashes webcast that La Grande Bouffe is situated between the main stage and Big Top. Score!
    They had the Meatwagon there this year. Great burgers.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Chris, will Angela come too? Are you moving? I guess I better message you on fb.

The BEST FESTIVAL FOOD EVER! I went in 2008 and without a doubt, easily the best festival food. Just watch out for expenses. The dollar to British pound was brutal back then. So something that was 7 British Pounds means it's going to cost ya. PIE MINISTER was tops from what i remember. The Food was easily one of the best things about Bestival though!
    Coachella 01' - 13' and still counting..... 13th year!!!! Geez, I'm getting old..

Hello everyone! My name is Jon. My girlfriend, Monique, and I are very interested in attending this festival especially after all the fun stories Lilia and Juan have told us. We were looking at Boutique Camping, probably a yurt or something. Our only gripes were distance. Lack of showers is not a big deal since we could always stock up on plenty of baby wipes. Wild Copse and Tangerine Fields are also possibilities in which we are open to. We are planning to spend some time prior to the festival in various parts of Europe so as much as possible don't want to lug camping stuff around. Down to throw in for a van/RV if thats the best option too.

How disgusting are my socks likely to be after each day? Like, will I have to throw them away or will they be salvaged by a run through the washing machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Are you not planning on wearing wellies? And what if it doesnt rain? It rained one time this past weekend at the fest.

Ok, cool, so it's not a mudfest like Glastonbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Ok, cool, so it's not a mudfest like Glastonbury.
    It probably can be, its the uk, it rains a lot. You just need to be prepared, thats the main thing. So I would say maybe wait to get a pair of wellies until you get to the uk and have a chance to look at the weather and justify the purchase.

So wtf no headliner?

Nope. False alarm. The "headliner Saturday" hoopala meant he booked a headliner last Saturday, not that one was coming this Saturday. It sure would be nice to get some names early for once, eh?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Ouch. Well, it wouldve been nice with the sale next week. The consolation is that the line up will be out before the second glasto payment is due.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So wtf no headliner?
    Portishead!

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I wish

Mr Barrow was there this year, so who knows? He seemed to enjoy himself.

It's one of the rumours, for sure.

I do think it could be Depeche. They're holding a press conference on 10.23; presumably to announce a new album and tour dates. Also, some mid-to-late summer Russian tour dates have been "confirmed" by a Russian news paper.

From the Bestival forum:

Yes there's going to be a new Weekly Payment Plan that will replace the previous Monthly Payment Plan available for Early Bird tickets.

Ticket prices will be announced tomorrow

Dates for Bestival 2013 are confirmed as 5th to 8th September.

Well, I marked this off on my work vacation calendar. Not sure I can do this as well as my other plans though.

I'm conceptualizing the idea of going to Burning Man and hoping on a plane for Bestival immediately after. Not sure how feasible this plan will be.

I will say that out of all the great moments and near perfect weekend we had overall in 2010, there is one particularly obnoxious one we had to endure that was pretty surreal considering we were in the UK. We were about half way from the main stage in the crowd on the last day for The Prodigy and it seemed like damn near everyone in the festival showed up. It was ridiculously chatty all around us and I was in complete shock that no one seemed to give a damn that these guys were killing it on stage. We were having a hard time hearing them onstage with all the drunken chatterboxes around us. Then this group of buffoons in front of us were loudly declaring, "These guys are great! Who are they?" as they were in the middle of either 'Smack My Bitch Up' or 'Breathe'. A this point we decided to bail because it was becoming truly insufferable standing there. I ended up catching Vitalic in the Big Top instead which sounded excellent in that sound system.

^ I am already preparing myself for it being like that the whole time. I can't even describe how awful the people were at Glastonbury. In fact, every time I've gone to an event in the UK, the crowd has been off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-square View Post
    I'm conceptualizing the idea of going to Burning Man and hoping on a plane for Bestival immediately after. Not sure how feasible this plan will be.
    This might kill you.

You can take me off of the "maybe" list. I'm definitely not in for this and I'm not even going to pretend... this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.