Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATOMS FOR PEACE 2 0 1 3

Default ATOMS FOR PEACE 2 0 1 3

Default Re: ATOMS FOR PEACE 2 0 1 3

Not happening. Nigel is going to be busy with Ultraista.

is this really the only thread for this.....?

must admit.... i really really like it.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I like anything Thom related, but I'd rather them be at Coachella in a couple more years.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

oh... we'll yeah, i guess i wasnt saying anything about them playing. Just surprised this was the only thread.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

please

I approve of this thread and its sentiments. And holy crap that song is gooood.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 09-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

the only thing is they would headline.... so it has to wait. Finish the album late enough next year and id be more than thrilled to see them in 2014.

http://atomsforpeace.info/

They didn't headline in 2010.

ohhhhh but that crowed, it went all the way back to the ferris wheel. In the 6 years of my attendance, ive never seen anything like it. And yeah, i can deff credit a lot of that to the 'wild sneak in' of 2010, but theres no way they put that on the outdoor again. If this single is any indication of what kind of album we're looking at.... plus a solid 7 months of promotion.... the reputation alone of the bands members, and their relationship w/ the festival.... i could probably muster up a few other selling points, but the fact is, and im not even a big big Thom Yorke fan, they would make a very good headliner.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 09-07-2012 at 08:57 AM.

You have a goddamn point.

Yes, Thom Yorke is very popular, but they also generated a huge crowd playing against literally nothing else for the first full 25 minutes of their set.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

and then the crowd stayed for the following 40 minutes still, because no matter what they were up against there were more people dancing at the outdoor than they were at the sahara.
    Coachella 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.1, 12.2...

No. Just fucking no.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Most people have no idea what "Atoms For Peace" is or who is in it. They would not headline, you dumb fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

They had a big crowd the year that there was 30k extra in the grounds. Does that make Phoenix headline material too?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Seriously. What DIDN'T have a big crowd that year?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Although the fact remains that It Rained All Night was one of my happiest moments ever at Coachella and I'm not even all that sure why. I wasn't on any drugs I can think of, the crowd was annoying as shit, we were way far back, but that fucking beat was impossible to resist. He could've played the shit for a half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    They had a big crowd the year that there was 30k extra in the grounds. Does that make Phoenix headline material too?
    yes, in a few years Phoenix will be a strong possibility. In fact some would already consider them to be a weak headliner. Argue, speculate all you want. The interest and crowd for Thom was much larger than the Gorillaz set. Im not sure why some would even argue against the idea of it, nor do i understand the need to call people dumb fucks for having an opinion. Its not going to be the name/idea alone... its going to take a lot of positive press, promotion, and a highly acclaimed album.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 09-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.

The fact that a lot of Radiohead fans would pay to see Thom take a dump on stage doesn't make AFP a worthy headliner.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    The fact that a lot of Radiohead fans would pay to see Thom take a dump on stage.
    That would be so rad. Admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    yes, in a few years Phoenix will be a strong possibility. In fact some would already consider them to be a weak headliner. Argue, speculate all you want. The interest and crowd for Thom was much larger than the Gorillaz set. Im not sure why some would even argue against the idea of it, nor do i understand the need to call people dumb fucks for having an opinion. Its not going to be the name/idea alone... its going to take a lot of positive press, promotion, and a highly acclaimed album.
    In all fairness, he didn't call you a dumb fuck because you have an opinion. He called you a dumb fuck because you've shown great aptitude for being a dumb fuck.

AFP would not headline. But there's a difference between "would not headline" and "didn't have an impressive crowd." I don't care if people snuck in. Where was the Pavement sneak-in boost? Plenty of people didn't have huge crowds in 2010. Thom Yorke was the third name on Sunday, and arguably bigger to the common Coachella attendee than Gorillaz or Pavement. AFP had BY FAR the biggest outdoor crowd I've ever seen. I have no idea what would be second. They wouldn't headline but to act like "oh yeah their crowd wasn't that big" is simply incorrect.

For the record, tons of people have speculated Phoenix could headline...it's actually one of the more common names I've seen.

And that "thom yorke dump on stage" joke has to be the most unfunny, overused, annoying, stupid joke on these boards.

edit: in fact those thom yorke DJ sets like the one at MoMA over the weekend might be worse than a dump on stage. A good DJ he is not.
    Last edited by Bons222000; 09-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In all fairness, he didn't call you a dumb fuck because you have an opinion. He called you a dumb fuck because you've shown great aptitude for being a dumb fuck.
    The lack of constructive context in your response gives the appearance that you may be trying too hard.... but thank you.

the 2010 AFP set was my second favorite show ever. I'm a huge radiohead fan and have seen radiohead twice and they're not even in my top 10 shows so I'm not just being biased. The energy of AFP was something else.

Also. Jack Johnson headlined so stfu about Thom Yorke not being able to headline. All arguments about the legitimacy of headliners went out the door with that one.
    Coachella 2010, 2011, 2012-2, 2013-2

Whether or not he/they headlines, I would like to see this at Coachella.

Would be all in for this. It's distinct enough where I don't really care that Yorke played last year with Radiohead. I am also in the camp that doesn't think they would headline, but rather would play opposite/semi-opposite the "headliner" on a "weak" headlining night (i.e. the Black Keys last year).
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

thats the thing though.... theres no way they put that act on the outdoor again. Sub-headliner seems to be the more reasonable answer.

AFP was the best show I saw in 2010, I can't wait for the new album, and I'd crap muh pants if they're back in 2013...but they're not in the headliner discussion. Not nearly enough name recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    thats the thing though.... theres no way they put that act on the outdoor again. Sub-headliner seems to be the more reasonable answer.
    I mean...why not? Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2010 there might have been more of an appetite for that kind of thing, particularly among more casual music fans. Radiohead hadn't released an album in several years (In Rainbow was late 2007, correct?), and hadn't made an appearance at Coachella since 2004. The band hadn't toured in about two years, so anything Radiohead related was going to be at a premium. The IDEA of Thom Yorke playing was a huge deal.

Radiohead are now wrapping up a massive tour where they hit pretty much every market, including major festivals. Their last album was (like it or not) considered by many to not be their strongest effort. It's entirely possible that the fever for anything and everything Radiohead related may not continue to extend to Atoms For Peace in the spring of 2013. Again, this could all be wrong. But the idea that AFP could be on the Outdoor against a headline-caliber act isn't really that farfetched, and to say "that won't ever happen" is foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take