Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SAHARA REVIVAL WISHLIST 2013!!!

Default Re: SAHARA REVIVAL WISHLIST 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    In 2009, I woke up with a random in my huge tent, when we inquired how his night was, he said he blacked out in the beer gardens around 5pm.

So many people who get hotels/condos end up partying there the whole time and missing most of the day by leaving the condo at 4/5pm and getting into the venue at 7pm.

This last year, there was quite possibly more asshats than I had ever experienced at Coachella in my 9 years there. Way more bro rape packs roaming around this year.
    Same, we had 2 tents set up (we were sharing 2 campsites. A random girl stumbled into our site around 3-4 in the morning disoriented as all hell, she climbed into one of our tents and my friend felt bad because she was freezing. Not drunk, but fucked out of her mind on something else.

Sure I've gone crazy at Coachella, but I've never been that out of my mind. I've seen some weird shit in the campgrounds over the past 3 years. Unfortunately, last year I went a bit too crazy and didn't get enough sleep because of it, so I had to miss most of Sunday night, I started having panic attacks and shit and had to go back to the campsite with my (now) girlfriend, bless her soul for missing out on Snoop and Dre to make sure I was alright :/

Luckily I went weekend 2 with my brother and experienced Soberchella, got to see everyone I missed weekend 1.
    Last edited by Zero23; 11-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Bummer. My buddy was having a bad time on Sunday too.

We all went weekend 2 so it was hot as shit, and at around 4 p.m. he told me that it was so hot that it felt like his brain was melting and he had to find shade immediately.

I didn't see him again until Modeselektor and he was having a horrible time.

Lesson learned: handle your drugz kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Same, we had 2 tents set up (we were sharing 2 campsites. A random girl stumbled into our site around 3-4 in the morning disoriented as all hell, she climbed into one of our tents and my friend felt bad because she was freezing. Not drunk, but fucked out of her mind on something else.

Sure I've gone crazy at Coachella, but I've never been that out of my mind. I've seen some weird shit in the campgrounds over the past 3 years. Unfortunately, last year I went a bit too crazy and didn't get enough sleep because of it, so I had to miss most of Sunday night, I started having panic attacks and shit and had to go back to the campsite with my (now) girlfriend, bless her soul for missing out on Snoop and Dre to make sure I was alright :/

Luckily I went weekend 2 with my brother and experienced Soberchella, got to see everyone I missed weekend 1.
    Did this happen on Thursday night?

Quote Originally Posted by tarrivi View Post
    Did this happen on Thursday night?
    I think it happened on Friday, maybe Thursday though? Ah jeez, do you know the girl?

Edit: And SepaGroove, yes, I absolutely learned a lesson that weekend. It was mostly due to exhaustion, and could have been prevented (or a lot less severe) had I gotten more than a total of 7 hours of sleep over 2 nights, but yes, substances also played a huge role. I don't think I'll be camping anymore, it's just too much of a hassle to sleep on hard ground all weekend only to be woken up at 8 am every morning by nonstop party people.
    Last edited by Zero23; 11-19-2012 at 10:41 AM.

I think it happened on Friday, maybe Thursday though? Ah jeez, do you know the girl?

Edit: And SepaGroove, yes, I absolutely learned a lesson that weekend. It was mostly due to exhaustion though, and totally could have been prevented had I gotten more than a total of 7 hours of sleep over 2 nights. I don't think I'll be camping anymore, it's just too much of a hassle to sleep on hard ground all weekend only to be woken up at 8 am every morning by nonstop party people.
    Well it happend to my friend on Thursday night. She got pretty fucked up and wandered into some random persons tent and just wanted to go to bed. Some dude then found her and was trying to help her figure out how she could get back to our campsite.

Well it happend to my friend on Thursday night. She got pretty fucked up and wandered into some random persons tent and just wanted to go to bed. Some dude then found her and was trying to help her figure out how she could get back to our campsite.
    Did she end up sleeping in the tent? If so, I'm pretty sure that was us, it was my friend's tent. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and heard a girl shivering outside, then heard my friend open up his tent and try to figure out where she came from, but ended up just letting her sleep in his tent. Not sure if you could tell but we were a pretty big group from UCSB, we had a beer pong table set up and a huge 8-10 person tent. Honestly waking up the next morning, we were just super happy to see that she was alright because according to my friend it was pretty difficult waking her up.

All I can say is that's Coachella for ya! It was a lot of my friends' first times so they had no idea what to expect haha.

Did she end up sleeping in the tent? If so, I'm pretty sure that was us, it was my friend's tent. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and heard a girl shivering outside, then heard my friend open up his tent and try to figure out where she came from, but ended up just letting her sleep in his tent. Not sure if you could tell but we were a pretty big group from UCSB, we had a beer pong table set up and a huge 8-10 person tent. Honestly waking up the next morning, we were just super happy to see that she was alright because according to my friend it was pretty difficult waking her up.

All I can say is that's Coachella for ya! It was a lot of my friends' first times so they had no idea what to expect haha.
    Yeah I am pretty sure that was the situation. I don't know how more apparent our campsite flag could have been with a bay doll attached to it inorder for her not to find it.

Yeah I am pretty sure that was the situation. I don't know how more apparent our campsite flag could have been with a bay doll attached to it inorder for her not to find it.
    Haha small world! Well to be fair we also had a flag, no baby doll though. It's a good thing she didn't just wander around all night, she was shivering quite a bit when we found her.

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2013w1, 2014w2

old school

Bogdan Raczynski

(if u don't know him, this is not the best examples of his stuff

Last edited by nbvcide; 11-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Bummer. My buddy was having a bad time on Sunday too.

We all went weekend 2 so it was hot as shit, and at around 4 p.m. he told me that it was so hot that it felt like his brain was melting and he had to find shade immediately.

I didn't see him again until Modeselektor and he was having a horrible time.

Lesson learned: handle your drugz kids.
    it's not the drugs, that's heat stroke. and it's sucks to have heat stroke while ur on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by oyeloca View Post
    They wouldn't be in the Sahara. More likely a SBTRKT type Gobi slot
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Tipper in 2013 please!

'10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

I really want Daphni there. But I doubt they play in the Sahara. But they should, and I guess that's the problem with the Sahara.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

old school

Tipper would be (and might be) in the Do Lab. If he was in the Sahara it would be Noon.

carl cox

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    I really want Daphni there. But I doubt they play in the Sahara. But they should, and I guess that's the problem with the Sahara.
    Him dropping Ye Ye/Pairs on the polo grounds would just be fantastic. All these lists are so good, 5 or 6 off any of them would be a nice improvement over last year

Quote Originally Posted by HumanRobot74x View Post
    Him dropping Ye Ye/Pairs on the polo grounds would just be fantastic. All these lists are so good, 5 or 6 off any of them would be a nice improvement over last year
    Is Daphni just Snaith? Or does he have people playing with him, like he does as Caribou? I guess as a more dance-friendly EDM act it makes more sense for Daphni to be solo, but for some reason I always think of Caribou and refer to the project as "they" or "them."
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

I was under the impression Daphni was his solo DJ moniker but I could very easily be mistaken. The only video I've seen of Daphni was his solo Boiler Room set, but those are always the most stripped down possible performances. I'd actually love to be wrong and see Jiaolong performed with a live band, that'd be quite the dance party.

Bring back Aeroplane

I Believe... the sahara will get a lot better this year

Quote Originally Posted by HedNoiZe801 View Post
    Tipper in 2013 please!

saw tipper at a small festival in flagstaff, az. seeing him in the do lab would be amazing.

This is what I think, its gonna be at the line up

bingo players
    tommy trash
    knife party
    nicky romero
    diplo
    dillon francis
    kill the noise
    deniz koyu
    hard rock sofa
    hardwell
    nervo
    zedd
    erick prydz (maybe headliner)
    skrillex
    bassnectar
    steve aoki
    arty
    paul kalkbrenner

this is a possibility

mark knight
    thomas gold
    gesaffelstein
    broadinski
    wolfgang gartner
    deadmau5
    tjr
    alvin risk
    eptic
    munchi
    kavinsky
    jamie jones
    seth trolex
    showtek
    richie hawtin
    dimitri vegas & like mike

What I want

alex kenji
    boys noize (live)
    umek
    stefano noferini
    claude vonstroke

what I want for headliner
    fatboy slim (mainstage)
    underworld
    moby

Quote Originally Posted by beatboy View Post
    seth trolex
    Hell yes I LOVE Seth Trolex.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

http://pitchfork.com/news/48909-just...ring-together/

Going to be awesome seeing this in my hometown but i also think this would be really cool in the afternoon in the sahara. Not sure if the San Fran show/the fact no dates past feb 16th make a difference. Thoughts?

Jon Hopkins
    Burial
    Four Tet
    Broken Note
    Daft Punk
    Prodigy
    Boards of Canada
    Mix Master Mike
    Aphex Twin

I can dream, right?