Thread: Cocorosie 2013

Default Cocorosie 2013

Any takers? I want to see this weird act live, especially at Coachella. Who is with me?
    '10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

Default Re: Cocorosie 2013

I'd be into it. Last saw them in 2005 and knew little about them beforehand, but they blew me away. Was in a tiny venue then Antony and the Johnsons came on straight after. Was a good evening.

signed..... love me some lesbian freak folk.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

100% signed, would absolutely love this at Coachella!

I really want to see them live and what better place then the Polo Fields? I really hope they come!
    '10, '11, '12(W1), '13(W1), '14(W1)*

2013:
    Nine Inch Nails 11/09 | RJD2 11/15
    2014:
    Coachella #1 04/11-13

So, I just saw CocoRosie live and it really looked as though Bianca was lipsyncing for at least a portion of the songs. Her mouth seemed a slightly off with the actual track. Plus, the sound was TOO perfect for the venue. I've never heard a single other band where the singers voice sounded so clear and perfect.

Has anyone else noticed this at a live show? Really turned me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

^ was this just now at the Regency?

I noticed some delay, I liked to think it was with the equipment rather than with syncing

Also, during the more active songs you could hear it in her voice, so I'm still hoping there was no cheating going on
    Last edited by clleadz; 10-28-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    ^ was this just now at the Regency?

I noticed some delay, I liked to think it was with the equipment rather than with syncing

Also, during the more active songs you could hear it in her voice, so I'm still hoping there was no cheating going on
    Yes, just now at the Regency. There was noticeable delay during the first few songs. Not so much towards the middle of the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I thought they were fantastically weird and wonderful. I was looking for it after it was pointed out to me she might be lip syncing but I couldn't convince myself either way. It would be a shame if true, because the rest of their live show is so great. Song interpretations change a lot from tour to tour and there's always a lot I don't recognize. I love them.

^ same

After some cursory research, it seems once or twice a journalist has accused them of this, and the management claimed 'Cocorosie have never lip-synced or used backing tracks' and then the site/magasine has apologised afterwards

Although this was from 2007... http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-2...allroom_t.html

I still thought the show was pretty incredible, it had been almost exactly 8 years since the last time I saw them

I was at the show last night as well, incredible indeed! Wow!!! I expect to see them at Coachella this year closing the Gobi or Mojave, especially seeing how this was a GV promoted show and I can't see anyone following them up afterwards.

I was standing directly over top of them in the balcony (intriguing vantage point) and wondered the same thing about possible lip synching towards the start of the show but also noticed some vocal nuances throughout that seemed to sync up with visible energy levels, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this.

since there were a couple of people here at the show last night - how familiar are you each with the songs they played? there's two I really wanted to identify. nothing up on setlist.fm yet and based on other content there it seems they change the set list a lot. one was the first song they played featuring a trumpet. (I think it was the last song before the beatbox solo.) the other was right after they played villain. real helpful descriptions, I know, but it's worth a shot.

I think they followed pretty closely to this older setlist http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/cocoro...-5bc70790.html

But other than that, I can't help too much...

that doesn't help much, but last night's show in hollywood looks very similar. looks like Ana Lama and Far Away are my songs. looks like they played 5 non-album tracks, which explains why there is so much I don't recognize.

looking at some youtube videos I am now pretty convinced that Bianca sometimes lip syncs. there's some where she is clearly live, but some where she is clearly not. shame.

also, Busdriver! wtf! we missed out on that in SF.

They were wonderful at the fonda

I saw them at the Fonda too and thought she was lip syncing as well. There was only one person in front of me so I was pretty close and I was kinda disappointed. Still an absolutely amazing show nonetheless.

I'd love to see them at Coachella 2014...but am saddened with all this lip syncing talk.