Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2012 Edition!!

Default The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2012 Edition!!

Hello again. This will be the official thread for attempts at getting a group shot of those of us willing and able on the Polo Fields we long for throughout the year. There will be attempts both weekends. Location and time are to be determined in the upcoming days. Usually the shot happens on a Saturday, early in the afternoon. When set times are released, a discussion will happen here and the time best for most will be selected. EVERYONE is welcome. EXCEPT those who want to start shit with someone. This has been a love fest the past 3 years and it always will be.

Since the Coachella app seems to be lacking the message boards, i think i will start a face book group for this event. That way y'all can be informed of time and place on your phones if the updated Coachella app is still missing the board. Once i do i will put a link here.

Here are the past shots and links to their threads:

The 2012 picture will be taken in front of the Polo sign next to the first entrance of the food court (facing the Main Stage) at 1:40PM today (Friday).

The 2012 Weekend 1 Group Shot

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Think I got a number on everyone.

It keeps resizing the photo. Here is a link to the full size photo. http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/6...2groupshot.jpg

1. Bomber 1?
    2. Bomber 2?
    3. nosurprises12
    4. Westy
    7. gaypalmsprings
    8. fetuspiniata
    10. The Clares
    11. The Clares
    12. RagePatton
    13. JelloPuddingChat
    14. sonofhal
    15. Grant
    16. HotHamWater
    17. Nathanfairchild
    18. fiyahhh!
    19. Dale Gribble
    20. redhotsgtpeppers
    22. Brother kreutz2112
    23. MoSetsfire
    24. paulb
    25. menikmati
    26. kreutz2112
    27. getbetter
    28. stinkbutt
    29. cutterbutter
    30. Non-boardie?
    31. TomAz
    33. higgybaby23
    34. venturas90sgirl/Sin213's girlfriend ??
    35. sin213
    36. indietron
    37. frizzlefry - He thinks....
    38. Hawkingvsreeve
    39. weeklymix
    40. guedita ?
    41. Mr. Rskapcat
    42. Mrs. Rskapcat
    43. GuyInTuscon
    44. pixiessp
    45. Motionnn77
    46. tyles
    47. sbessiso
    48. Mrs. Roberto
    49. roberto
    50. downingthief
    51. M Sparks
    53. Frazzles
    54. goatchella
    55. Mr. Hairygoomba
    56. boardie wannabe
    57. hairygoomba
    58. JorgeC
    59. zonkerB
    60. karecares
    62. IceyHotshot
    63. neighborhood creep
    64. locachica
    65. little loca
    66. Amyzzz
    66a. zKida
    66b. zKidb
    67. boardie wannabe
    68. boardie wannabe
    69. boardie wannabe
    Some are difficult to read because I did it kind of quick. Don't feel obligated to use this one. I also filled in a couple I was pretty sure of, or kind of sure of.

The 2012 Weekend 2 Shot

1. Cheddar...something?
    2. JorgeC
    3. gaypalmsprings
    4. Cheddar's Cousin
    5. menikmati
    6. Santasutt
    7. Stickjohn
    8. Squeaks
    9. KoryP
    10. NeutralMilkHotel
    11. bmack86
    12. Kreutz2112
    13.Seanthejeweler
    14. Drewski27
    15. JClemy
    Thanks maroo for numbering and keeping up on the id process. You are swell.

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2012 Edition!!

I'm not on facebook, have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2012 Edition!!

Hahahah

Who is the freaky looking chick in the 2010 pic.

Bikini far left ?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I'm not on facebook, have fun.
    PM me your number and i'll text you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Hahahah

Who is the freaky looking chick in the 2010 pic.

Bikini far left ?
    Aloe Vera. Each thread on the first page has the results of the identification process that happens after Coachella. Someone is kind enough to number the people in the picture and then we all chime in on our or the people we know for sure's identities.

Not allowed to start shit? So we have to be nice in real life?? oooohhh kayyyy fine. I guess i can hold it in until we get back on the message boards.

i've tried the last 2 years and missed it both times. i will try again this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/9 Operators@Echo - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/16 Massive Attack@Greek - 10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

ivankay, I would like to propose a shot that can be woven together for weekend 1 and weekend 2.

Same background and you would be in the same spot with a 'hard stop' straight in front of you that would be an invisible wall. Everyone from weekend 1 poses on the left side of the 'wall' and everyone from weekend 2 on the right side.

It would be like weaving a two pane panorama together, but taken 1 week apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

See you there.

Cool beans! I'll be there weekend 2 and am looking forward to this!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    ivankay, I would like to propose a shot that can be woven together for weekend 1 and weekend 2.

Same background and you would be in the same spot with a 'hard stop' straight in front of you that would be an invisible wall. Everyone from weekend 1 poses on the left side of the 'wall' and everyone from weekend 2 on the right side.

It would be like weaving a two pane panorama together, but taken 1 week apart.
    Interesting. The organizing might require a little more time, but not much. i would have to lock a position which would be complicated without a tripod (not about to lug one of those in). Consider this in the consideration stage.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

It never occurred to me that i am doing the exact same thing is all 3 pictures hahaha
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Your beard is too....growing

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    EXCEPT those who want to start shit with someone.
    Has there been trouble in past group shots?

One year I tried to pick a fight with Ronnie but he just wanted to make out.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I need to get knocked out by a boardie.

I think stink bug is the only one punk rock enough. I would like that

Is this traditionally a morning event? I'd like to come meet people. I guess I'll have to get an early start on my parking lot binge drinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I wonder whatever happened to JelloPuddingChat. We had a very heavy beer-fueled discussion in the beer gardens one night.

I gradually moved closer to the centre every year. Last year I got to watch Ronnie wank off hotshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It never occurred to me that i am doing the exact same thing is all 3 pictures hahaha
    WOW, I got a laugh out of that one.

I always miss the group photos! This year I'm not going but have fun, y'all. I love looking at the picture every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Has there been trouble in past group shots?
    Never. Just good times. i know there's a lot of bullshit that goes on here and if there is anybody that thinks this is an opportunity to confront someone is real life, they can fuck right off. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Is this traditionally a morning event? I'd like to come meet people. I guess I'll have to get an early start on my parking lot binge drinking.
    Usually happens in the early afternoon on Saturday. Time will be determined after a discussion here once set times are released. The shot only takes minutes. For all 3, hanging out and chatting after last a bit longer.

I agree. Fuck right off. Fuck left even.

Any obvious avoidance's?

This conflicted with Tallest Man on Earth in 2011. Hopefully I can make it this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

if there is anybody that thinks this is an opportunity to confront someone is real life, they can fuck right off.
    ur ass is mine motha fucka.

Someone please protect me and my children from suprefan.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I agree. Fuck right off. Fuck left even.

Any obvious avoidance's?
    Have no clue. When it comes down to real life, i have never heard of any fights at Coachella resulting from this board. Sure, a lot of shit gets thrown around here, but once thing we love about Coachella is the amazing times we have. Petty bullshit ain't part of that. That all fades away on the Polo Fields. If it doesn't, you got some serious stick up your ass.

I want to meet up with you guys on weekend 2!!! But can I ask for a favor? Can one of you take pictures of front and back of your wristbands? I am going on a mission to Hollywood to pick up one then someone is coming by my place tomorrow to drop off another one. Tax return baby - I AM GOING TO COACHELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! (as long as I don't get scammed)

-Edit- can the tickets be registered while on my Android 4G?
    -Edit2- I know this isn't the place but I am excited and want answers.
    Last edited by vogina; 04-06-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Have no clue. When it comes down to real life, i have never heard of any fights at Coachella resulting from this board. Sure, a lot of shit gets thrown around here, but once thing we love about Coachella is the amazing times we have. Petty bullshit ain't part of that. That all fades away on the Polo Fields. If it doesn't, you got some serious stick up your ass.
    I agree.

I've heard of a couple situations where people kinda shrugged off others, but I don't think it was at the group photo or anything. Good times there, always. Can't wait till I'm able to make it again.

The only person I've ever heard of even being rude because of board squabbles was Randy, and we all know he had a screw loose.

*Has a screw loose. He's the last person I would expect to show up to this type of thing anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk