Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: It's Raining Top Gun Directors

Default Re: It's Raining Top Gun Directors

THE MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX

Yablo!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To me suicide isn't an option. It's just not something I believe in and I don't support it.

Wow. You're a heartless asshole.

In her defense, she is Canadian.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

I'm sorry that you have felt that way and I'm glad you changed your mind.
    i'm really not trying to be rude and i like you and don't think you're an asshole at all

i sincerely want to know if committing suicide has EVER crossed your mind. i'm not saying you had to have a plan, but just thought about it like i do when i'm sick (i have no plan, but it crosses my mind daily). i guess what i'm saying is i find it astounding that someone could go their entire life without thinking it might be easier just to throw in the towel. also, do you ever think there would be a situation where suicide makes sense? are you for assisted suicide? is the concern merely that loved ones don't get a say in the decision or do not get to say goodbye? just trying to understand
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Contemplating suicide seems to me like an inherent enough part of understanding and accepting your own mortality that it's hard to imagine anybody hasn't at least thought about it once or twice before forming their overarching opinion around it and death in general. I'm curious to know whether or not you feel generally okay with death and the fact that it could realistically come for you any second, or if it's something that you actively fear and try not to think about altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i'm really not trying to be rude and i like you and don't think you're an asshole at all

i sincerely want to know if committing suicide has EVER crossed your mind. i'm not saying you had to have a plan, but just thought about it like i do when i'm sick (i have no plan, but it crosses my mind daily). i guess what i'm saying is i find it astounding that someone could go their entire life without thinking it might be easier just to throw in the towel. also, do you ever think there would be a situation where suicide makes sense? are you for assisted suicide? is the concern merely that loved ones don't get a say in the decision or do not get to say goodbye? just trying to understand
    I can say that I have not even really thought about it since my teen days, even with all I go through. Just never thought of it as a real option for myself. Sure I could let all my medical treatments stop and in a way that could be construed as suicide, although it would take several month or years for the dying to actually happen. Guess no matter what I have always felt life is something of value and no matter how shitty I feel or how much I miss out on, the alternative definitely isn't better.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I can say that I have not even really thought about it since my teen days, even with all I go through. Just never thought of it as an option for myself.
    Do you also believe it is an option for no one else and does it make you personally angry when people commit suicide?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If a person doesn't want to live any more, the body has ways to shut down that whole thing.
    hahahahaha

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

I can say that I have not even really thought about it since my teen days, even with all I go through. Just never thought of it as a real option for myself. Sure I could let all my medical treatments stop and in a way that could be construed as suicide, although it would take several month or years for the dying to actually happen. Guess no matter what I have always felt life is something of value and no matter how shitty I feel or how much I miss out on, the alternative definitely isn't better.
    do you think you'd feel differently if you were single and childless? i'm not saying those are the only reasons to leave, but being a single childless person who thinks about suicide almost daily, i had to ask i also know you're MUCH more chronically ill than i am in that if i give up medical treatment i won't die, so i hope you don't mind me asking if the fact that death is so close makes it harder to want to give up? just curious being that we're in similar boats. i also have a history of suicide and childhood trauma, so i may be wired differently. either way, your strength contiually amazes me steve. i hope we get to meet someday <3

How many suicides have you committed, exactly?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings on any subject, and unlike some on this thread, I don't think having a less popular opinion makes you an asshole. It really doesn't matter to me if people disagree with me.

To answer your question: I've been sad and hurt and unhappy at many times in my life, and gone through horribly painful experiences just like anyone else. But I've honestly never been in a position where I seriously felt ending it was a solution. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I can only speak for my own experiences.

There are always personal circumstances that are tragic and terrible and if you knew me well, you'd know I do empathize with anyone that is hurting. For some, assisted suicide may be a totally different issue that falls in a different category. But that wasn't a topic this thread was covering at the time I first commented. However, I do think in the same way there is a reason we don't get to know what really happens after we die, maybe it should be out of our control and outside of our power to cross that line. It's nothing to do with any sort of religious belief or anything like that. What I do believe is that life and death are a mystery - and human life should be allowed to unfold as it's meant to without our own personal intervention. I hope that answers your question, and helps with your understanding my comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Not at all. Due to all my medical issues I truly understand the need for a person having a say in how/when their life ends when it comes to that point. I would wish the people that love me have the compassion to pump a bunch of extra painkilers into me if I am at the end stage of my disease and death is inevitable within a short amount of time. I know my dad tried to hep my grandmother in just such a case when she was dying from pancreatic cancer. And yes, I get angry when someone I know kills themselves, but purely for selfish reasons, because I still want them around and hate that neither myself nor anyone else that loved that person was enough for them to hold on. I do understand why some choose that route, though, and can sit comfortably knowing their pain and suffering is no more.

It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

to answer hannah's question, i've been resurrected from suicide at least a dozen times. i'm a saviour in all parts of the world. i've seriously only attempted suicide once, but was a cutter in high school and engaged in a LOT of "please kill me" behavior.

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings on any subject, and unlike some on this thread, I don't think having a less popular opinion makes you an asshole. It really doesn't matter to me if people disagree with me.

To answer your question: I've been sad and hurt and unhappy at many times in my life, and gone through horribly painful experiences just like anyone else. But I've honestly never been in a position where I seriously felt ending it was a solution. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I can only speak for my own experiences.

There are always personal circumstances that are tragic and terrible and if you knew me well, you'd know I do empathize with anyone that is hurting. For some, assisted suicide may be a totally different issue that falls in a different category. But that wasn't a topic this thread was covering at the time I first commented. However, I do think in the same way there is a reason we don't get to know what really happens after we die, maybe it should be out of our control and outside of our power to cross that line. It's nothing to do with any sort of religious belief or anything like that. What I do believe is that life and death are a mystery - and human life should be allowed to unfold as it's meant to without our own personal intervention. I hope that answers your question, and helps with your understanding my comments.
    thank you. i understand a little better. it seems like you're against the idea of suicide in general, unrelated to whether or not people get to say goodbye.

Not at all. Due to all my medical issues I truly understand the need for a person having a say in how/when their life ends when it comes to that point. I would wish the people that love me have the compassion to pump a bunch of extra painkilers into me if I am at the end stage of my disease and death is inevitable within a short amount of time. I know my dad tried to hep my grandmother in just such a case when she was dying from pancreatic cancer. And yes, I get angry when someone I know kills themselves, but purely for selfish reasons, because I still want them around and hate that neither myself nor anyone else that loved that person was enough for them to hold on. I do understand why some choose that route, though, and can sit comfortably knowing their pain and suffering is no more.
    and thank you for answering too <3

Life is boring. Death is fun. I bet for at least half a second he said "wheeeeee!! " as he plummeted.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I'm hoping we can segue from talk of the aborted Top Gun sequel into ThatGirl's views on pregnancy termination. Implication that others who hold different opinions "support it" or "believe in" it are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I'm hoping we can segue from talk of the aborted Top Gun sequel into ThatGirl's views on pregnancy termination. Implication that others who hold different opinions "support it" or "believe in" it are welcome.
    I'm hoping we segue straight to the death of this thread. But not self-inflicted, of course.

do you think you'd feel differently if you were single and childless? i'm not saying those are the only reasons to leave, but being a single childless person who thinks about suicide almost daily, i had to ask i also know you're MUCH more chronically ill than i am in that if i give up medical treatment i won't die, so i hope you don't mind me asking if the fact that death is so close makes it harder to want to give up? just curious being that we're in similar boats. i also have a history of suicide and childhood trauma, so i may be wired differently. either way, your strength contiually amazes me steve. i hope we get to meet someday <3
    Not sure if it would have been easier to give in and end life single and without any kids. I would still have my parents, sister, and other family that I would leave behind. So, no, don't think I'd feel any differently. I just could never see myself ending my life suddenly in any situation.

The way I go through life is knowing I could get in a car accident and die any day, any time, or from some other freak accident. Same for all of us. My trick is to try and not dwell on the disease being the thing that's going to take me out because who the fuck knows what's coming next, haha. I definitely do have something to prove by staying alive as long as I can, the older I get the harder it is to stop fighting because I have been fighting for so long, why stop now, you know? It's just a routine now. There are days where I give up on the short term stuff, where I will call it a day around noon because I am just so exhausted or something. Giving up on the long term, though, just isn't in my makeup.

meant to
    all you need to know right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Have you never been so in the grip of despair that killing yourself seemed like the most reasonable action? I think it's fucked that he did this, especially since he had a couple of kids, but I can empathize with being despondent enough to think about committing suicide in the first place, much less going through with it.
    No and there is no way of knowing that everyone who kills themslves is in the grip of despair. If you're able to empathize with the thought of suicide being a reasonable action, then you should seek help.

Your feelings sound like they will surface one day and you should seek help too. Daily thoughts of suicide are not normal.
    fuckin' with the lights on

What about accidental humorous suicide? I think about funny ways to die every 3 hours.
    Last edited by Tubesock Shakur; 08-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    No and there is no way of knowing that everyone who kills themslves is in the grip of despair. If you're able to empathize with the thought of suicide being a reasonable action, then you should seek help.

Your feelings sound like they will surface one day and you should seek help too. Daily thoughts of suicide are not normal.
    More like "Dr. Fuzz" amirite
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

thank you, but i have a whole team of people at the mayo clinic who are helping me so i'm on the right path

Are you Dr. Phil's bastard?
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Yablo!
    Who the fuck are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

The topic is very interesting to me. At what point does suicide become an inevitable reality; is it once you start "toying" with the idea in your head; is it after several failed attempts; or is it only real once the act has been committed?
    Last edited by Mr. Fuzz; 08-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    fuckin' with the lights on

I'm hoping we segue straight to the death of this thread. But not self-inflicted, of course.
    Kill yourself, hoser.

Coachella Junkie

What.

The topic is very interesting to me. At what point does suicide become an inevitable reality; is it once you start "toying" with the idea in your head; is it after several failed attempts; or is it only real once the act has been committed.
    Fascinating.