Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Oldchella 2013

Default Re: Oldchella 2013

Bob Mould. must have.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Eric Clapton is doing his Crossroads guitar festival sometime in April at Madison Square Garden and probably one of the Coachella weekends. That should make it tough(not impossible) for any act to do the Eric event and Coachella.

Though I'm not sure how many possible acts are being persued by both events. I'd love to see Jeff Beck at Coachella.
    Basically anyone on this list won't be on the Coachella lineup, though only a tiny handful had any likelihood. Surprised Matt Bellamy from MUSE isn't on the list as he's on the east coast and has a day off.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/1...festival-2013/

ric Clapton, Albert Lee, Allan Holdsworth, Allman Brothers Band, Andy Fairweather Low, BB King, Blake Mills, Booker T, Brad Paisley, Buddy Guy, Citizen Cope, Dave Biller, Doyle Bramhall II, Earl Klugh, Gary Clark Jr., Jeff Beck, Jimmie Vaughan, John Mayer, John Scofield, Jonny Lang, Keb Mo, Keith Urban, Kurt Rosenwinkle, Los Lobos, Quinn Sullivan, Robbie Robertson, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Sonny Landreth, Taj Mahal, Vince Gill

Surprised Matt Bellamy from MUSE isn't on the list as he's on the east coast and has a day off.
    No he doesn't.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No he doesn't.
    Muse play Boston 4/12 and MSG strarting 4/15. 13th is open and you don't have to play both days at Crossroads.

Muse play Boston 4/12 and MSG strarting 4/15. 13th is open and you don't have to play both days at Crossroads.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Muse is headlining Coachella on both Saturdays.

old school

There's about a 9 hour window to move light rigging across the country including 5+ hours on a plane. Then doing it again a week later.

There's about a 9 hour window to move light rigging across the country including 5+ hours on a plane. Then doing it again a week later.
    Who said they were moving anything other than themselves?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    LOL
    Sad, really

after watching the 12/12/12 concert I'm reminded of how awesome Billy Joel is.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I'd go nuts if I saw Santana at Coachella

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Ray Davies. The Kinks are obviously preferred... but I don't see that happening.
    i would love any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    We have to include Madonna, just to make fun of how old she is.
    if she's not actually going to sing, she shouldn't be there.

The Smiths

Nirvana

Led Zeppelin
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I could see Jefferson Airplane playing “Surrealistic Pillow” in its entirely on the Outdoor Stage to end one of the nights.

Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    Stray Cats reunion
    Brenton Wood
    Los Lobos

I think its a lil to soon for the Cure again.
    NICE ! STRAY CATS <3
    http://www.facebook.com/franticbabe http://twitter.com/thefranticbabe
    I dreamt about you last night
    And I fell out of bed twice
    You can pin and mount me like a butterfly

Elton John

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    I'd go nuts if I saw Santana at Coachella

This is an "old" act I would really like to see. There should be a festival for seasoned groups to keep people from suggesting a lot of these acts for Coachella. Santana, to me, is major. Too old to headline, and far too substantial to play Coachella if he's not headlining. Same goes for Neil Young. These acts are cut from a far different, far superior cloth. They don't belong at a festival where e-tards are frequently found at the wrong stage in between acts. They belong at Oldchella, where people show up for the aged acts, and can properly appreciate them.

I'm down for some Santana at Coachella! He's all about House of Blues in Vegas though these days. He's doing some over sea's shows in February and March and back to Vegas in May. Looks like he has April all free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    This is an "old" act I would really like to see. There should be a festival for seasoned groups to keep people from suggesting a lot of these acts for Coachella. Santana, to me, is major. Too old to headline, and far too substantial to play Coachella if he's not headlining. Same goes for Neil Young. These acts are cut from a far different, far superior cloth. They don't belong at a festival where e-tards are frequently found at the wrong stage in between acts. They belong at Oldchella, where people show up for the aged acts, and can properly appreciate them.
    Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Who (playing Quadrophenia)

Lou Reed

Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Patti Smith

Elvis Costello & the Imposters

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

the Mekons

Siouxsie & the Banshees

Reunions: the Replacements, the Jam, Husker Du

Unattainable holy grail: Bowie
    I would love this. But then again, I'm old.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I'm "old" also and I'm on board with those^ suggestions, though I'd be surprised if Mould and Hart appeared on stage together ever again.

Instead, I'll take Bob Mould Band ("The Descent" is a total earworm). I'd also steal the Fugazi suggestion.

Basically, give me any band that has sac and melody (Redd Kross, Superchunk, early Nick Lowe, etc). I'm so sick of the herky-jerky wuss, keyboards and hand-dancing of today.

Jerry Lee Lewis
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Go fuck yourself.
    Go ahead and cry about it. We'll wait.

I disagree on so many levels. Sure there are young kids wandering aimlessly but who cares?? Some of the most best concerts I've seen were "older" acts... Prince, Roger Waters, Paul Weller. That's what I love about Coachella! You can see bands like that and then go to another stage to see up and coming talent. Besides that, maybe the younger crowd can gain appreciation for bands that have been around. When I was watching the Buzzcocks play last year there were tons of young teenagers singing along.
    '99 '06 '07 '08 '09 '11 '12 '13

Go ahead and cry about it. We'll wait.
    You don't follow directions very well. I told you to go fuck yourself. Now get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by krk67 View Post
    I'm "old" also and I'm on board with those^ suggestions, though I'd be surprised if Mould and Hart appeared on stage together ever again.

Instead, I'll take Bob Mould Band ("The Descent" is a total earworm). I'd also steal the Fugazi suggestion.

Basically, give me any band that has sac and melody (Redd Kross, Superchunk, early Nick Lowe, etc). I'm so sick of the herky-jerky wuss, keyboards and hand-dancing of today.
    Ahahahaha perfect. Also bob mould was fucking awesome at FFF

Quote Originally Posted by dancedancedance View Post
    I disagree on so many levels. Sure there are young kids wandering aimlessly but who cares?? Some of the most best concerts I've seen were "older" acts... Prince, Roger Waters, Paul Weller. That's what I love about Coachella! You can see bands like that and then go to another stage to see up and coming talent. Besides that, maybe the younger crowd can gain appreciation for bands that have been around. When I was watching the Buzzcocks play last year there were tons of young teenagers singing along.
    Prince and Roger Waters aren't too big for Coachella. That's what you fail to realize. Prince has, arguably, one or two good albums. Roger Waters is PART of a great band that no longer exists. Did Paul Weller or the Buzzcocks headline? Neil Young could easily play a four hour set. Have you ever seen a headliner at Coachella play a four hour set? Now you're trying to tell me that Neil Young is comparable to any COACHELLA headliners in drawing power? We've all heard the stories of him headlining other venues. Cool stories, lil bros. Go ahead and tell them again. If you have SMH vs. Neil Young. Chemical Brothers vs. Neil Young. Deadmau5 vs. Neil Young. Any major non-DP EDM act will overthrow him as a headliner, if they're put on any other stage at the same time as him. Paul McCartney, on the other hand. Roger Waters, on the other hand. Prince, on the other hand. Is it starting to make any sense to you? Neil Young has practically no airplay, and the majority of his fans won't buy tickets to Coachella, because the tickets are already sold out (by the time the lineup drops, eh). You guys can rage about this all you want, but it's 100% the word of God.

You don't follow directions very well. I told you to go fuck yourself. Now get to it.
    Perhaps because the directions you gave were tear-stained to the point of illegibility. Try again.

Prince and Roger Waters aren't too big for Coachella. That's what you fail to realize. Prince has, arguably, one or two good albums. Roger Waters is PART of a great band that no longer exists. Did Paul Weller or the Buzzcocks headline? Neil Young could easily play a four hour set. Have you ever seen a headliner at Coachella play a four hour set? Now you're trying to tell me that Neil Young is comparable to any COACHELLA headliners in drawing power? We've all heard the stories of him headlining other venues. Cool stories, lil bros. Go ahead and tell them again. If you have SMH vs. Neil Young. Chemical Brothers vs. Neil Young. Deadmau5 vs. Neil Young. Any major non-DP EDM act will overthrow him as a headliner, if they're put on any other stage at the same time as him. Paul McCartney, on the other hand. Roger Waters, on the other hand. Prince, on the other hand. Is it starting to make any sense to you? Neil Young has practically no airplay, and the majority of his fans won't buy tickets to Coachella, because the tickets are already sold out (by the time the lineup drops, eh). You guys can rage about this all you want, but it's 100% the word of God.
    I think it's funny that you have to change your argument to try and refute what we've been saying here. You were arguing that old acts don't belong at Coachella. Nobody was talking about headliners. Follow the conversation.
    '99 '06 '07 '08 '09 '11 '12 '13

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearstevem View Post
    I'm down for some Santana at Coachella! He's all about House of Blues in Vegas though these days. He's doing some over sea's shows in February and March and back to Vegas in May. Looks like he has April all free.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kat...ual-swingin-c/

Santana has a Vegas radius clause preventing him from being booked at Coachella for 2 YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by dancedancedance View Post
    I think it's funny that you have to change your argument to try and refute what we've been saying here. You were arguing that old acts don't belong at Coachella. Nobody was talking about headliners. Follow the conversation.
    Where did I say that? What's wrong with modifying stances, if in fact I did say that? It must suck to be the same person without variation year after year. Tell us about it.