Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

i have a wii and can't afford an xbox, so i only want wii or dvd options. i'm not really looking for a game to track my movements, but more something that explains things well and is fun. i was a gymnast, was in a children's singing/dance group, and took dance lessons for many years, so i can pick things up quickly and correctly as someone explains things well. i bought this stupid dancersize dvd at target and they do a horrible job of explaining the movements, which aren't very good to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

For some reason "dancersize" made me think of

I remember putting on a leotard and dragging my exercise mat in front of the TV to do this on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i have a wii and can't afford an xbox, so i only want wii or dvd options. i'm not really looking for a game to track my movements, but more something that explains things well and is fun. i was a gymnast, was in a children's singing/dance group, and took dance lessons for many years, so i can pick things up quickly and correctly as someone explains things well. i bought this stupid dancersize dvd at target and they do a horrible job of explaining the movements, which aren't very good to begin with.
    in that case, I would definitely go with the videos instead of using the wii. the wii just frustrated me when I would do something the right way, but because of the balance board it would think that I didn't.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Hrm, really? I didn't find that on the Wii Yoga games, but I wasn't very good at them either, so I felt like mostly it was making me correct balance/wobbliness in postures, which was OK.

I'm not really a fan of the dance and sports games I've played for Kinect so far. Which ones have you liked?

maybe it wasn't calibrated correctly for me, but in order for me to get a good score on balance and stuff I would have to pose incorrectly and I felt like I was cheating/being cheated. then wiifit called me fat after I put on a few pounds and our relationship has never been the same since. harumph!

you have to get passed the music, but I've had a lot of fun with the Dance Central series. I've heard Just Dance is more fun and less structured, but I haven't played those at all yet. There are at least 2 zumba games out there. I have the Core version but have yet to play since work has been keeping me busy with 16 hour days, but the video makes it look like a somewhat advanced skill game. I also picked up that Jillian Michaels game on reputation only, but after reading the box and booklet I think it's going to be disappointing at best.
    2012 2013 2014

Just Dance is pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I wonder if it has problems detecting center of gravity? You're a lot taller than me, I think. My brother and his wife (who are both tall) played it at my place and had issues too, now that I think about it.

I have a small area to play in and my height actually causes some issues when I have to reach above my head unless I'm as far back as I can be. it detects me almost all the time besides that. where is your sensor positioned? I've had the best results with it above my TV.
    2012 2013 2014

My Wii sensor is on the surface my TV is sitting on (less than 2' off the ground). My Kinect one is over my TV (maybe about 4.5' off the ground), and I have problems with that one detecting me no matter where I place is, as I don't think my living room is really deep enough for it.

that's how I have my living room set up too. I can barely calibrate the kinect sensor into the "best" setting but I have to be right up against my couch. are you cold blooded?
    2012 2013 2014

Hah. Yea, I can't get mine to calibrate that well. It wants me to be a couple of feet behind my couch/wall.

they have stands, but they are only 3 feet tall. I have space behind my TV that I can use, but without something to hold the sensor above my TV it's rather useless.
    2012 2013 2014

Goal for Coachella 2013: lose 10-15 pounds.

Cheap-ass ways I'm going about it (I moved a couple months ago, so no more free gym, and my rent is higher ):

*Checking out fitness DVDs from the library, ripping them onto my laptop via Handbrake, and doing living room workouts
    *Made a copy of my boss' gym key at the apartment complex by work, so sometimes sneaking in during lunch
    *Ordering a little bit extra for lunch (which is paid for by work), eating smaller portions, and finishing the rest for dinner
    *Refraining from imbibing too much when I go out, opting for flailing on dance floors instead of chugging down cocktails
    *Taking advantage of some of the steep hills around my neighborhood, and running up them
    *Living room dance parties
    "If you've lost your faith in love and music, the end won't be long." -The Libertines

are the zumba dvds or the wii disc any good? i thought about buying one recently, but had a bad experience with the last dance dvd i bought.
    Apparently the kinect one (with no controllers to have to hang onto) is really good. I have the one for the Wii and the choreography is decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by amandabomb View Post
    *Refraining from imbibing too much when I go out, opting for flailing on dance floors instead of chugging down cocktails
    *Living room dance parties
    These are the main reasons I lost any weight last year, while otherwise being pretty lazy. The drinking especially. The additional upside is that I felt GREAT the morning after dancing until 4AM, when I drink I feel slightly gross the next day and just want to stay in bed or on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    These are the main reasons I lost any weight last year, while otherwise being pretty lazy. The drinking especially. The additional upside is that I felt GREAT the morning after dancing until 4AM, when I drink I feel slightly gross the next day and just want to stay in bed or on the couch.
    If I cut out the booze 5-8 lbs disappears within 2 weeks. I just don't want to give it up. But my honey and I have a pact to get on the wagon in January and lean out again. I lost 30lbs 2 years ago, and have only gained back about 7, but its a slippery slope I don't want to slide down again.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Well, I haven't cut out booze completely, I just don't drink like I used to. It's nice actually, my tolerance is FAR lower than what it was, so I'm also a cheaper drunk now. Plus I did realize that while I don't frequently get hangovers that are bad enough to complain about, drinking definitely makes me feel kind of run down the next day. So, on the weekends especially, it fed a cycle where I just did nothing productive instead of working out.

I still work out 3 or 4 x weekly, mostly Zumba, even with a hangover. The morning class gets me out of bed and always makes me feel better if I force myself to go. I think that's been my saving grace as my diet really needs improving.

i've hit a bit of a holiday slump. who's on myfitnesspal? i find that logging in & seeing friends under their calorie goal really motivates me, so add me!

chairmenmeow47

i forced myself on the elliptical today. i used a different one that last time and only burned like half the calories according to the machine. it just seemed really low. anyone else ever feel like the calorie thing on workout machines is off?

i've hit a bit of a holiday slump. who's on myfitnesspal? i find that logging in & seeing friends under their calorie goal really motivates me, so add me!

chairmenmeow47

i forced myself on the elliptical today. i used a different one that last time and only burned like half the calories according to the machine. it just seemed really low. anyone else ever feel like the calorie thing on workout machines is off?
    If you work out and truly sweat and work hard for at least 45 mins don't worry what the machine says. Many of them aren't set right and are off anyway.

after being on the elliptical for awhile now. i really need to invest in a heavy-duty sports bra. my methods just aren't cutting it. i kept having to discretely hold my boobs in place while another guy was in there the other day. is this really what it's come to?!?!

I am really trying to eat better. I have cut out sugar and dairy and in 3 weeks I have lost 10 lbs. Some of that could very well be from being sick part of the time, but I am still really happy with it. I am not disciplined enough to work out and being I usually work 7 am - 9 pm, I don't seem to be able to make the time for it. I am hoping that I can get there with my diet mostly, and when I hit a lull start working out then.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I'm keeping my calories for food within my recommended intake for weight loss. I'm using SparkPeople to count my calories and my carb/protein/fats which is helpful. Just gotta cut out the red wine in the evening but that's a work in progress.

I am actually happy with my alcohol intake lately. I love wine but I have been staying away from it, not easily done!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

good work, enluv! it is hard to find time to work out. i usually walk for 20 minutes while at work, but it's been too cold and i haven't been feeling great, so i've put it off. i love using the elliptical, but getting down there is the hardest part. i slacked the last few days.

alcohol intake is definitely the hardest part of counting calories. i've been drinking more lately than usual. time to cut that out and get back on track!!!

also, i gained about 5 holiday pounds and have refused to update my weight on myfitnesspal. i need to just do it to help me find my motivation.

after being on the elliptical for awhile now. i really need to invest in a heavy-duty sports bra. my methods just aren't cutting it. i kept having to discretely hold my boobs in place while another guy was in there the other day. is this really what it's come to?!?!

I could use one of these.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

good work, enluv! it is hard to find time to work out. i usually walk for 20 minutes while at work, but it's been too cold and i haven't been feeling great, so i've put it off. i love using the elliptical, but getting down there is the hardest part. i slacked the last few days.

alcohol intake is definitely the hardest part of counting calories. i've been drinking more lately than usual. time to cut that out and get back on track!!!

also, i gained about 5 holiday pounds and have refused to update my weight on myfitnesspal. i need to just do it to help me find my motivation.
    Thank you! I hate to admit it, but I literally can't tell one bit of difference. It makes me so mad. When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up? Walking is a really good idea, and IDK why I didn't even think about it. I am going to start walking on my lunch break, it is at least something, though IDK how many calories I will actually burn. Better than nothing!

I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it. I need something to keep me going. I am so sick of the way I look. I feel disgusting and it is driving me nuts. I see pictures of myself and I am embarrassed.

Ivy, if you search full figure sports bras on just about any sports good or bra/underwear site, you'll find lots of options. You may have to order online and try on at home, there aren't many stores that sell larger cup size sports bras at all, and those that do tend to have more the type you've posted.

Here's some examples:
    http://www.barenecessities.com/Sport...7,style,31.htm
    http://www.freshpair.com/womens/bras.../size-34F.html

A lot of them look like the "elastic band" type but will have a closure in the back rather than being pull-on.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm starting a 30 day challenge of 20 minutes of exercise a day. I will star with walking. I hope to start walking to work on Monday until it gets warm and then I will switch to biking. It's about a 1.5 mile walk each way. Walking brings great pain again. I'm probably around 290 at this point. I will be grocery shopping this weekend as well so I stop eating out!

I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds! and since I worked a bunch of shifts to make some of that extra holiday money I always felt really rushed and just grabbed 'quick and easy' food instead of 'good for me' food. I'm not one for new year's resolutions, but I just want to get back on track to where I was a few months ago before I was in and out of the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up?
    I'm not as tall as you, but it definitely feels that way! but on the positive side it also helps to hide a few pounds too!!

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it.
    I haven't used myfitnesspal but I am thinking about setting up my bodybugg again. as you know I work for 24 hour in the IT department and one of my main things that I work on is the bodybugg so I can hook myself up with a freebie (anyone else use it?). it's not as good as some of the others on the market but it helps to get a better idea of your calorie intake and burn so that you can get the ideal deficit for weight loss.
    2012 2013 2014

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds!
    You and me both. After last year, I vowed to get into a good shape for Coachella each year. Think I'll start this year by cutting meat products out of my diet for a few months, with weight lifting and long walks mixed in (much like the old days). It just takes one nasty hamburger to get me back to not eating meat. Jack in the box, here I come!