Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

it's too late now, so just try to force a smile
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Back on the anti inflammatories ( I have taken them before for arthritis pain) and hoping that this will clear it up before next week. Meanwhile I'm 9 lbs above my target weight. Screw it. I'll just be a happy, limpy, chubby Coachellian.
    That stinks! I totally know how it goes, been dealing with RA since I was a kid. Part of why I've been trying to get fit is to lessen the flare ups.

I've lost a total of 28lbs since starting MFP in October. That puts me at 132, which is probably where I was for my first Coachellla in 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Final Fitchella weight = 151
    I'm down 19 lbs since Feb 1, through a combination of weight training in the mornings and walking + cardio machines at night, and protein shakes 3x a day.
    I haven't been this weight in over 10 years, and am in much better shape than those days. Feeling lean and mean.
    Bring it, Yuma stage.
    Great job!!
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    That stinks! I totally know how it goes, been dealing with RA since I was a kid. Part of why I've been trying to get fit is to lessen the flare ups.

I've lost a total of 28lbs since starting MFP in October. That puts me at 132, which is probably where I was for my first Coachellla in 2000
    Congrats!! The pills are helping, but I'll get back on a fitness regimen after we get home. I don't have RA thankfully, but my cousin does, I know how harsh that is. Good on you for meeting your goal!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

oh boy, i ordered a pair of skinny ankle pants for work. i tried them on and the crotch ripped. guess i won't be returning those. it was a small rip i could sow, but man did that ever motivate me to get my ass out walking last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    oh boy, i ordered a pair of skinny ankle pants for work. i tried them on and the crotch ripped. guess i won't be returning those. it was a small rip i could sow, but man did that ever motivate me to get my ass out walking last night.
    *ouch*

but, yeah, great motivation! I'd send them back, anyway... obviously poor construction

I hope everyone has been working hard. It all pays off in 2 days when you're in great shape at the festival!

It took me 7 days to get back to my lowest weight so far, fuck, what a waste. Anyone else have a problem, eating 1 big meal and then having to pay for it for like a week trying to lose the weight? Today is protein shakes for me!
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    It took me 7 days to get back to my lowest weight so far, fuck, what a waste. Anyone else have a problem, eating 1 big meal and then having to pay for it for like a week trying to lose the weight? Today is protein shakes for me!
    5 small meals a day and the gym at least 3 days per week seems to always work for me.

I'm down 2 more pounds since last week. that brings me to about 15 down total. not where I wanted to be, but it's a nice head start for fitchella 2014.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

15lbs is great! You've done a great job of losing it slowly, which makes it more likely you'll be able to keep it off

I think coachella should be a part of any diet and exercise plan. as of this morning I'm down another 5 and I still have another coachella to go! I know part of it is water weight, but I should be re-hydrated by now so i think it was just from dancing so fast. after this weekend, doublechella will probably help me lose another 5 and I'll have met my coachella goal albeit a week and a half later than planned.

now if I can just get weekends 3-52 i'll be a skinny minny! haha
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I think coachella should be a part of any diet and exercise plan. as of this morning I'm down another 5 and I still have another coachella to go! I know part of it is water weight, but I should be re-hydrated by now so i think it was just from dancing so fast. after this weekend, doublechella will probably help me lose another 5 and I'll have met my coachella goal albeit a week and a half later than planned.

now if I can just get weekends 3-52 i'll be a skinny minny! haha
    I thought you looked great when I saw you.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

aww thanks!
    2012 2013

I have not weighed myself and I am scared to. hehe I will do it when I get back this weekend.... Last time I weighed in I had 10 more to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I have not weighed myself and I am scared to. hehe I will do it when I get back this weekend.... Last time I weighed in I had 10 more to go.
    You also looked great! Believe me if I didn't gain weight at Coachella you won't have either. If anything the dancing/heat and constant hydration kept me steady.

i think I just ate my Coachella depression in a plate of rice krispies squares... damn it! 2 steps forward, 1 step back for me.
    Upcoming Shows:

i think I just ate my Coachella depression in a plate of rice krispies squares... damn it! 2 steps forward, 1 step back for me.
    Hi Paul! - we met this past weekend didn't we? I remember meeting you but not sure where.

OK, I'm jumping in here this year. I've been working on a healthy diet since October and had lost 5 percent of my body weight before last weekend...which is only 10 pounds, but a huge goal for me. I am determined to get to my next goal of 10 percent! I'm not sure all the booze I consumed over last weekend will help though, but was worth the great weekend. Now to get back on track!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Hi Paul! - we met this past weekend didn't we? I remember meeting you but not sure where.
    No, that wasnt me. I wasnt able to attend this year Hopefully 2014 and Ill be a skinny healthy person.
    Upcoming Shows:

No, that wasnt me. I wasnt able to attend this year Hopefully 2014 and Ill be a skinny healthy person.
    Ok next year it is!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Just had the annual benefits meeting at work. Currently bariatric surgery is $500 co-pay. In July it goes up to $1000. Still can't do it. No doubt I have been frustrated and yo yo'd with weight for nearly 20 years but still... I personally would feel like a failure. Am I wrong? Is this some shit I should consider after struggling with weight loss for two decades? I'm beyond frustrated about this for sure. Is it time to see a shrink, i've done that once before and that sucked too.

Mark, I cannot advocate for that option until all others have been thouroughly exhausted. I ran a Bariatric Surgery program as one of my departments for a couple years and the number of horror stories I witnessed was appalling, even for high risk surgeries. They do a good job of selling these surgeries as simple, fix and go procedures, but in reality, even when all goes well, the adjustments needed for a successful outcome are more than most of the patients expected to have to make. Those success stories we see are more a result of the forced lifestyle changes needed after the surgery. If the same effort and money were put into getting a trainer, seeing a nutritionists, visiting a therapist, and overhauling your life, you'd get the same results or better without the same risks. If you've still got my number from ATP 2011 give me a call before going through with something like this. It's too risky of a road to go down without all of the facts.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I figured as much. I know people who have done it and so on. It sounds like a nightmare and I have never wanted a quick fix which is why I keep trying until I quit before I keep trying again. I really have almost no interest in surgery and mentioned it out of frustration. I will win this fight I tell ya! I have so many things I want to do that I need to be physically fit for and it just kind of depresses me knowing I am not that person yet. It isn't even that I think the weight loss will bring happiness. It is the being healthy that will allow me to feel great and do all thexciting things I want to do. I just have to figure it out. I will. Thanks for the reassurance I needed on the surgery deal.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I figured as much. I know people who have done it and so on. It sounds like a nightmare and I have never wanted a quick fix which is why I keep trying until I quit before I keep trying again. I really have almost no interest in surgery and mentioned it out of frustration. I will win this fight I tell ya! I have so many things I want to do that I need to be physically fit for and it just kind of depresses me knowing I am not that person yet. It isn't even that I think the weight loss will bring happiness. It is the being healthy that will allow me to feel great and do all thexciting things I want to do. I just have to figure it out. I will. Thanks for the reassurance I needed on the surgery deal.
    The best thing you can do for yourself is to never quit. Always keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I will win this fight I tell ya!
    keep this outlook and you'll do great! it's easy to get discouraged especially since set backs are bound to happen, but change always comes from within. bad habits may be easy to form, but good habits aren't as tough as you might think they are. get support wherever you can find it and if you can get a work out buddy to push you and challenge you it becomes more of a friendly competition instead of a struggle. we're here for you man!! xoxo
    2012 2013

I'm with Kory. Don't go the surgery route until you've exhausted all other options and read up on all of the facts. It can be a very scary thing, and is definitely not an "easy fix."

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    I'll take them off your hands
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Pre-Coachella weight was 153, post-Coachella weight at 147

Fuck yeah!

Another coachella and another 6 pounds. no more coachellas, so now I actually have to keep it up the hard way - with diet and exercise!

well, I guess there's still Lightning in a Bottle and Outside Lands coming up....
    2012 2013