Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

weighed myself on the animal scale yesterday while the Veterinarian attended to a dog in another room. 185lbs, which is my limit. Hope to knock off at least five pounds soon as arms are looking too beefy/muscular in pictures.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

go jacy and jen!

i have been slacking on the exercise. i've been sick, which also caused me to do shit like order pizza because i am lazy. i have to say though, i'm loving the whole frozen "amy's organic" lunches for work. i'm sure i'll get sick of them after awhile, but they're pretty yummy. and i'm sneaking in things like broccoli and tofu as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I've been stress eating about my lack of fitchella.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I'm down 12 pounds since christmas. it should be much more, but like Ivy I had a battle with some illnesses that set me back and caused me to gain about 8 pounds back (otherwise I'd be closer to 20 pounds gone and pretty much at my goal for this year). this yo-yo thing is one of the most frustrating things especially when you feel like you're eating decent and doing your best to stay active. my travels didn't help much either even though I tried to stick to my plan.

I'm not where I wanted to be by coachella, but 12 pounds is 12 pounds so I'll just have to continue the good habits and get ready for fitchella 2014
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

12 pounds is nice work. i think we'd always like to lose a little more, but good work! now just try to maintain until coachella

thanks! hopefully I can drop a few more pounds before coachella if I try
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I've off work next week so I plan on jogging and doing sit ups/stretches every day; and then doing a carb-less fast in April leading up to Coachella.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I've decided to make this Monday my fresh start at an attempt to get at least 5 lbs off. We don't normally do anything special for Easter so I should be able to avoid any indulging.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

If you are looking for motivation, I got a ton of it by watching a few "health" movies streaming on Netflix (see below). I've been a serious red meat and fast food fan my entire life but i have been able to stay somewhat healthy with exercise. With work being a bit crazy I haven't been able to exercise as much (i know that this should be the opposite) and I've put on a few extra lbs. I started with one movie and have since watched two more and the message of these movies has stuck more than any paid personal trainer. I've been on a veggie/fruit juice and smoothie diet with chicken and fish for the last 10 days now and I feel Fantastic. I am truly shocked by how good I feel and how my motivation to eat bad foods has disappeared. I've even had co-workers, the gf, and family members say they've recognized a difference in my attitude and energy levels. This is all having given up red wine, red meat, and coffee (my three favorite things). Best of all I've saved a ton of money not buying napa cabernet, expensive steaks, or starbucks....

10 day Results:
    Pre: 6'3'' 242lbs @ 28.1% BMI

Now that I'm stepping up my exercise, logging food into myfitnesspal, and using my Jawbone Up to track my sleep/walking I expect the weight to keep coming off.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or reply here...

Moview List:

Hungry for Change: A good basic place to start. Introduced me to the main character of movie 2
    Explains the biology of why we overeat, the reason diets fail, and how the modern food system (supermarkets, fast food, food manufactures, etc) are motivated to drive us to obesity. A mix of interviews with doctors, experts, and people whose lives have been changed by healthy eating. Overall a very place to start.

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead This is a great story with a strong underlying message.
    The personal journey of Australian Joe Cross as he drives across the US while only eating juice. He was diagnosed with a rare skin disorder and the steroids needed to fight it led to weight gain and depression. Along the way he talks with people throughout the US about his diet and ends up really helping someone he meets along the way.

Forks Over Knives: Much more scientific but the nail in the coffin which led to my change.
    Starts off with why we think we need to eat what we do (meat, dairy, processed foods) and uses science to disprove many common notions. Takes the point that by adopting a "whole foods" based diet we can live much longer and healthier lives.
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 03-21-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I've done very healthy diets and working out and have never really felt any better. I'm not depressed but I am lazy, always tired, and lack any motivation. Right now I am at my lowest weight and best shape in 4 years too. Still sluggish
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I exercise all the time and have lots of energy and motivation, feel good in general, but I'm lacking the willpower to keep my calories in a weight loss range.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I think it may just be the lack of sun I have had over the last half of year. In the summer I am never lazy but I'm going on month 7 of snow and cold. I know you can relate, ThatGirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I think it may just be the lack of sun I have had over the last half of year. In the summer I am never lazy but I'm going on month 7 of snow and cold. I know you can relate, ThatGirl.
    Oh yeah. We are lucky to get a lot of sunshine here even in our coldest days, and I'm outside a lot - but yes it's hard to be in the dark when you start work, and then it's dark again by the time you finish. We've had a relatively good winter compared to what it normally is but we won't get really warm and dry until at least May or June here. It's long and dreary.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    If it were up to me I'd skip breakfast too. But the years that I did that, I gained the most weight.
    Makes sense. I would assume that skipping breakfast would lead a person to have pretty low blood sugar, which would result in craving more food, specifically sugary foods, which would result in a peak in blood sugar, insulin production, and low blood sugar again (story of my life, considering I've always been hypoglycemic). Not exactly stellar for weight loss... or just for not feeling like a bag of dicks all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I've off work next week so I plan on jogging and doing sit ups/stretches every day; and then doing a carb-less fast in April leading up to Coachella.
    I always try and go booze free after st patty's day to give myself a break from the beer carbs and cleanse a bit before coachella. I have such a hard time staying low carb though , I love bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    I have such a hard time staying low carb though , I love bread.
    http://www.julianbakery.com/carb-zer...ero-net-carbs/

surprisingly, it's delicious! it's a little spendy though.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

So far I am 22lbs down since the beginning of Jan. The last week I haven't lost anything but I am hoping that is due to muscle gain. My April 3rd goal is to lose 24 lbs, only 2lbs away.. hoping I can do it. I have been steadily losing 2lbs a week. I have recently added doing the Santa Monica stairs twice a week, 400 stairs in one set, doing 6 sets and upped it to 7 yesterday (burns 600-700 calories). I am hoping the muscle gain is in my legs since they have been so sore! Feeling very good and motivated, did Pilates this morning before work and will be doing cardio after work! so excited for coachella!

Side note - Yesterday on my 5th set I got this explosion of endorphin's and got goose bumps all over and this euphoric feeling, I am assuming it was something close to the "runners high" I was high for hours after that, felt good.
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 03-22-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

way to go!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I don't do low carb for the sake of being low carb, but trying to get in the amount of protein and fat I need within my 1480 calorie allowance doesn't leave much room for them without exercise. I hate exercise more than I love bread, so it seems to be working out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Building up muscle from those stairs is really going to help with long term calorie burns You are doing fantastic!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    So far I am 22lbs down since the beginning of Jan. The last week I haven't lost anything but I am hoping that is due to muscle gain. My April 3rd goal is to lose 24 lbs, only 2lbs away.. hoping I can do it. I have been steadily losing 2lbs a week. I have recently added doing the Santa Monica stairs twice a week, 400 stairs in one set, doing 6 sets and upped it to 7 yesterday (burns 600-700 calories). I am hoping the muscle gain is in my legs since they have been so sore! Feeling very good and motivated, did Pilates this morning before work and will be doing cardio after work! so excited for coachella!

Side note - Yesterday on my 5th set I got this explosion of endorphin's and got goose bumps all over and this euphoric feeling, I am assuming it was something close to the "runners high" I was high for hours after that, felt good.
    nice work!!!

Thanks guys!!!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Nice! Good job!

Yea, one of the things I love about jogging is at the end where you're both "I'm glad it's over" and "hey, I feel pretty good."
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Post some pictures in here for inspiration guys!

I am about to embark on a great diet, its called "getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled". Not super excited about it as you could imagine, but it is going to be interesting having to exercise a little self control over what I eat. I can exercise like a beast all week but my diet continues to be shitty. I need to eat at home more and go out less. Unless, you guys have a good idea for a healthy option out???
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

I was supposed to have my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday but I didn't want to have any issues with 2 weekends of coachella so I pushed it off until May.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I ate pasta this morning, and a tuna sandwich....I feel fat lol, somehow the other day I lost 2.4lb, and today woke up .8lb lighter.... at an all time low starting this diet. 0.2lb away from the 50lb mark.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    I need to eat at home more and go out less. Unless, you guys have a good idea for a healthy option out???
    Bring your lunch to work a few times a week.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I ate pasta this morning, and a tuna sandwich....I feel fat lol, somehow the other day I lost 2.4lb, and today woke up .8lb lighter.... at an all time low starting this diet. 0.2lb away from the 50lb mark.
    A small dump should get you to your goal. Go pinch one off.

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    A small dump should get you to your goal. Go pinch one off.
    hahhahahahha, we always say that to my tiny boss when she complains about her weight.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Lost another 8 pounds this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.