Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 859

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

  1. #631

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    I Love bikram. I was in the best shape ever when I lived in tahoe and did bikram in the a.m and then either snowboarding or mtn biking in the afternoon.

    Can't find a place around here that has it..Really want to try crossfit too, but it is too pricey for me to justify. I feel like I'm in a bit of a plateau right now and need to add some variety to my workout, but having trouble finding the motivation to do so..

    any ideas for breaking a workout rut?

    Funny you mention it, I live in Tahoe myself.
    As for your plateau most places offer a free first class of crossfit..my advice is to try it and get the real idea of it so that you can do it at home/your gym to save money.
    Once trying it I was hooked so I made it work for my budget. (Although between that and Coachella I'm quite broke)

  2. #632
    old school CrimesceneCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,988

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Found out this morning that I reached my fitchella goal of being under 160 lbs a month early.
    I've been going through some stupid shit lately and I've been pouring all the stress into the gym, plus hiking and running, and have been weaning myself off a daily weed habit.
    Seeing the scale this morning was the lift I needed. Gonna go for at least 5 more lbs.
    The new dance tent is gonna be MINE.

  3. #633
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Ok, so as some of you know, I've been Muay Thai training for about a year now....up until last month when I threw my back out. Like bad. I haven't been able to go back and each activity I've tried since has left me in a decent amount of pain (even taking a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood hurts). Aside from muscle relaxers, does anyone know of anything I can do? I'd like to keep my activity level up so when I do go back, I'm not a fucking wreck. I can't figure out what I could be doing in the meantime.
    Little late on this, but I would suggest swimming. Low impact activity can work wonders.

    Or, even try using DIY Foam Rollers, such as these:



    My mother used these when she went through PT for her knee. I've used feet rollers before and they hurt so good at first. Once you've acclimated yourself to them by thoroughly stretching, the pain subsides.

  4. #634
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,141

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Found out this morning that I reached my fitchella goal of being under 160 lbs a month early.
    I've been going through some stupid shit lately and I've been pouring all the stress into the gym, plus hiking and running, and have been weaning myself off a daily weed habit.
    Seeing the scale this morning was the lift I needed. Gonna go for at least 5 more lbs.
    The new dance tent is gonna be MINE.
    Congrats - you obviously worked really hard, and the outcome is well deserved!! I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything- even though I'd hoped to be 10 lbs down by the fest I'm running short on time. Wish I had your persistence.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  5. #635

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Little late on this, but I would suggest swimming. Low impact activity can work wonders.

    My mother used these when she went through PT for her knee. I've used feet rollers before and they hurt so good at first. Once you've acclimated yourself to them by thoroughly stretching, the pain subsides.
    Foam rolling is the SHIT! Discovered these wonderful things recently and have gotten rid of soreness/tightness I've built up over years. Helped alleviate some pain I've had in my throwing shoulder I developed through HS football about a decade ago. Foam rolling feels fucking great.

  6. #636
    old school CrimesceneCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,988

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Congrats - you obviously worked really hard, and the outcome is well deserved!! I haven't gained but I haven't lost anything- even though I'd hoped to be 10 lbs down by the fest I'm running short on time. Wish I had your persistence.
    thanks! I was having trouble losing at first too, but I wasn't incorporating cardio yet, and I was eating dinner wayyyy too late in the evening. Now I make sure I eat 4 hours before bedtime, and keep evening meals protein only (like a steak). Once I changed that stuff I lost weight faster than I ever have in my life. It only took a month to lose almost 10 lbs. You still have time, go for it!

  7. #637
    Member Originalbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    689

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    I had a huge wave of disappointment wash over me today while talking fitness at work. I'm 5 months into my training and I've still not lost anything, except fluctuating up to 2 lbs. This includes inches. Measured my right calf and I've gained a half inch. FUCKING SAKES this is infuriating. I want to say that my body is looking "tighter" (I'll use that word rather loosely) but the tape measure begs to differ.

    My only progression: Increased weights and sustained jogging for more than a measly minute.

    I started taking alli a day ago. Maybe this will help. I'm also going to try a week of no drinking as well. *sigh*

  8. #638
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,792

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    I started taking alli a day ago.
    Changes in your bowel function often occur because of the unabsorbed fat. Fatty/oily stool, oily spotting, intestinal gas with discharge, a feeling of needing to have a bowel movement right away, increased number of bowel movements, or poor bowel control may occur. These side effects may get worse if you eat more fat than you should. If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  9. #639
    Member Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Running Springs, CA
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    any ideas for breaking a workout rut?
    Do you have a Roku? Whenever I get bored with my regular workouts, I switch to those on the NetFit channel. The Pilates, Core, and Yoga aren't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

  10. #640

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    I'm finally back on track. down 2 pounds from where I was before I got sick and went on vacation. baby steps, but still steps.

    sorry to the folks on MFP, the mobile app will never take my username or password so it makes it difficult to log, but I'm still sending as much e-support as I can!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    200620072008200920102011
    201220132014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  11. #641
    Member euphonicfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pacific palisades, CA
    Posts
    550

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    I had a huge wave of disappointment wash over me today while talking fitness at work. I'm 5 months into my training and I've still not lost anything, except fluctuating up to 2 lbs. This includes inches. Measured my right calf and I've gained a half inch. FUCKING SAKES this is infuriating. I want to say that my body is looking "tighter" (I'll use that word rather loosely) but the tape measure begs to differ.

    My only progression: Increased weights and sustained jogging for more than a measly minute.

    I started taking alli a day ago. Maybe this will help. I'm also going to try a week of no drinking as well. *sigh*
    Have you changed your eating habits? One of the hardest things I had to learn was that- you can not work off a bad diet. I have done this stupid weight loss dance before and this is the last time, I am gonna do it, I will succeed and keep it off. I have learned that you can maintain weight with exercise and a bad diet, but you will not lose any weight. This "clean eating" thing is what I am trying to do, eating clean can be really hard though.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

  12. #642
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,476

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Found out this morning that I reached my fitchella goal of being under 160 lbs a month early.
    I've been going through some stupid shit lately and I've been pouring all the stress into the gym, plus hiking and running, and have been weaning myself off a daily weed habit.
    Seeing the scale this morning was the lift I needed. Gonna go for at least 5 more lbs.
    The new dance tent is gonna be MINE.
    nice work, congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  13. #643
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    How many calories do you guys usually eat a day?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  14. #644
    Member euphonicfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pacific palisades, CA
    Posts
    550

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    How many calories do you guys usually eat a day?
    1200 - 1350 if I have a crazy work out day and I burn over 600 calories Ill maybe eat 1450 IF I am hungry.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

  15. #645
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,476

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    i shoot for 1200. sometimes i earn calories from exercise. though some days it feels like i eat 12,000.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  16. #646
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    my diet app Lose It says I should eat 1800-1900 a day....but Im eating more like 800 a day and losing weight every day I do so.... I dont find myself hungry, so are there any problems with that?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  17. #647
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,476

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    800 seems a bit low. i don't know your body weight, height, or how active you are, but i've never read anything that says that's a healthy number. i believe you go into starvation mode. someone with more expertise can probably explain the "why" this is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  18. #648
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Well ive lost 47lb from 265 to 218 in 3 months and 4 days... So, im really happy with this approach. Skip breakfast, have a Visalus shake for lunch, eat fish and veggies or something healthy for dinner.... = lose weight.
    Last edited by paulb; 03-12-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  19. #649
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,476

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    i can imagine that losing a ton of weight in a short amount of time is satisfying, it just isn't healthy in the long-term. i'm not trying to tell you what to eat, just answering your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  20. #650
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Right, i get you, although being over 260 pounds isnt healthy either... I plan on doing this for another 50 pounds... so Im hoping it all works out ok. Its kind of nice being more flexible and fitting old clothes again and not feeling short of breath or anything.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  21. #651
    Member euphonicfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pacific palisades, CA
    Posts
    550

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Well ive lost 47lb from 265 to 218 in 3 months and 4 days... So, im really happy with this approach. Skip breakfast, have a Visalus shake for lunch, eat fish and veggies or something healthy for dinner.... = lose weight.
    The problem is that unless you eat like that for the rest of your life, the weight will just come right back, quickly. 2lbs a week is what "they say" is the most you should lose if you plan to keep it off. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and maybe you can add some eggs, eggs are great. Also your are most likely burning muscle and storing fat since muscle weighs much more than fat ( reason for the quick weight loss) . Seeing the scale change so rapidly can be encouragement, but it will most likely come back once you start eating like a normal person. I do not recommend your method, but its your body and you can do what you want to it.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

  22. #652

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    well, it's not a recommended approach by any means, but I have to admit that I lost the most weight by pretty much starving myself. I used to weigh in excess of 330 pounds and when I DRASTICALLY reduced my diet to the sub 1000 range and added a light cardio workout of 45 minutes on the treadmill 4 days a week the fat melted off down to about 145. I used to have an orange for breakfast, an orange for lunch and then a light dinner. now that I've tried to have a normal diet and routine exercise, I've found that it's a battle just to break even and I've put 40+ pounds back on over the last 3 years as a result.

    you won't find any nutritionist that will tell you this is a good way to lose weight and they will probably warn you of the problems you'll face down the road with regards to bone density, hair loss and all the other nasty stuff no one wants to deal with.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    200620072008200920102011
    201220132014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  23. #653
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,554

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Don't skip breakfast! If anything, add another Vi shake even if it's half the size.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  24. #654
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    ok good to know, thanks for the suggestions. Eggs for breakfast sounds smart.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  25. #655
    Member Errant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Running Springs, CA
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    I have my caloric intake set at 1380, and try to eat back my exercise calories. What seems to be working for me it to make sure I'm getting 100+g of protein each day. Without enough protein, you'll lose muscle and muscle helps burn calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

  26. #656
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,141

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    thanks! I was having trouble losing at first too, but I wasn't incorporating cardio yet, and I was eating dinner wayyyy too late in the evening. Now I make sure I eat 4 hours before bedtime, and keep evening meals protein only (like a steak). Once I changed that stuff I lost weight faster than I ever have in my life. It only took a month to lose almost 10 lbs. You still have time, go for it!
    I am struggling. Right now exercise is on hold for me as I just did laser eye surgery, and they don't like you to work out for a week or two so you don't get sweat in your eyes and cause bacteria/infection. I am missing my Zumba but being at home immobilized and bored makes it harder not to snack.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

  27. #657
    Member ELIZA83TH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am struggling. Right now exercise is on hold for me as I just did laser eye surgery, and they don't like you to work out for a week or two so you don't get sweat in your eyes and cause bacteria/infection. I am missing my Zumba but being at home immobilized and bored makes it harder not to snack.
    its okay to snack, but keep your snacks light & healthy - veggies are good, fruits are okay but can be high in sugar…
    keep the processed & fatty foods at a low (And altogether OUT if possible).

  28. #658

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Don't skip breakfast! If anything, add another Vi shake even if it's half the size.
    I really dislike the "you must eat breakfast" mantra in health/fitness. If you like to eat breakfast, eat breakfast. If you don't, don't. I haven't regularly eaten breakfast in years. I've never had much of an appetite in the morning, but used to choke down breakfast because I thought it was the healthy thing to do. Meal timing is pretty much meaningless. Weight loss comes down to one thing, a caloric deficit.

  29. #659
    Member clleadz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco / London
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    Quote Originally Posted by BChillin View Post
    I really dislike the "you must eat breakfast" mantra in health/fitness. If you like to eat breakfast, eat breakfast. If you don't, don't. I haven't regularly eaten breakfast in years. I've never had much of an appetite in the morning, but used to choke down breakfast because I thought it was the healthy thing to do. Meal timing is pretty much meaningless. Weight loss comes down to one thing, a caloric deficit.
    That's true, but eating breakfast can help to encourage a calorie deficit.

    I was trying to lose a few pounds a while ago, I was running 30 mins - 1 hr every other day and doing weights on the other days, and was not losing anything. Even having a tiny salad for lunch. I started eating a half bagel every morning, then the pounds started to come off quickly.

    Breakfast gets the body burning calories early on, if you wait until lunch then your body will try to conserve energy and fat, not use it.

  30. #660
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

    the pounds are coming off for me without breakfast....so, which one am I supposed to follow?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Fitchella 2012 It's GO TIME!
    By faxman75 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1758
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
  3. Fitchella 2011
    By Gribbz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2310
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
  4. Fitchella
    By zajaa in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 11:20 PM
  5. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •