Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Oh hey, speaking of snacks, I saw another one of those "healthy" snack delivery services: http://naturebox.com/naturebox-foods Is that similar to the one you're doing, Scenic?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

very similar. that looks like it's a monthly delivery, whereas graze is weekly and at first glance it looks like graze has more "fun" snacks compared to naturebox. I can actually see myself using both though if the price was right. it looks like naturebox is a little bit spendy compared to graze, but it's hard to truly compare unless you get into comparing like for like on the 2 sites.

actually, now that I look at it closer, I'd say graze and naturebox are very similar in price, but graze seems to have a larger selection. seems like you do get a little bit more from naturebox and I like that you can even get deliveries with 10 and 20 items instead of just 5.

I got my second graze box last friday, and it's very yummy!! my next one should be here by the end of the week
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I am eating something from my graze box right as we speak!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

yay!! they are so yummy aren't they? I love it!

Ok, so as some of you know, I've been Muay Thai training for about a year now....up until last month when I threw my back out. Like bad. I haven't been able to go back and each activity I've tried since has left me in a decent amount of pain (even taking a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood hurts). Aside from muscle relaxers, does anyone know of anything I can do? I'd like to keep my activity level up so when I do go back, I'm not a fucking wreck. I can't figure out what I could be doing in the meantime.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Ok, so as some of you know, I've been Muay Thai training for about a year now....up until last month when I threw my back out. Like bad. I haven't been able to go back and each activity I've tried since has left me in a decent amount of pain (even taking a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood hurts). Aside from muscle relaxers, does anyone know of anything I can do? I'd like to keep my activity level up so when I do go back, I'm not a fucking wreck. I can't figure out what I could be doing in the meantime.
    Have you tried physical therapy? They will give you the proper stretches/exercises to help your back based on your specific injury. And your insurance might even pay for some of it.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

I would try doing some stretches on your own at home. There are several youtube videos that demo stretches to alieviate certain types of back pain. I've been doing them for my lower back pain and they are very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I was in an accident years ago and my back has never been the same. stretching has been by far the best thing I can do for my back. surprisingly, hamstring stretches seemed to help my back the most. have you looked into yoga?

sexy--haven't been to the doctor, mostly because I hate them. But maybe I should suck it up and go.

senic--I did yoga for a bit but didn't enjoy it much.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I didn't/don't really enjoy yoga much either, but the stretches and core strengthening were probably the best thing for my back.

Sorry to hear about the injury Jen. If you are gonna go the DIY route, stretching, heat/ice, and aleve, can go a long way to helping you recover quicker. However, I've got to also recommend the MD/PT option. The fact that you are still hurting a month out warrants an outside assessment of what's going on, even if it turns out to be a muscle strain that remains inflamed. Try to find a therapist associated with one of the MMA gyms out there and you'll likely find someone who can diagnose and treat you back into training ASAP. Give PowerMMA a call in Gilbert and ask them who they use for physical therapy. They usually contract with someone who has a track record of treating, not just good at billing and reporting like the ones used for auto accidents. Also, I highly recommend a weekly massage to stay loose while healing. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

physical therapy is really helpful. plus, once you learn the exercises, if you can do them correctly at home, you can eventually stop going as much or at all even. feel better soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Thanks for the suggestions. PT may be a good option.

I should disclose that I didn't throw my back out during a Muay Thai class. I threw it out doing laundry. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I threw it out doing laundry. Derp.
    Then I guess we should see the other towel...

You're a towel!
    Last edited by koryp; 02-26-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

lol, silly things like that cause my back to go out far more often than just about anything else.

This graze concept sounds interesting, any of you have an extra invite code?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Have you tried physical therapy? They will give you the proper stretches/exercises to help your back based on your specific injury. And your insurance might even pay for some of it.
    I was going to also suggest the physical therapy, and maybe pilates. I wouldn't do pilates with out doing some PT. Some PT places have pilates reformers and use that as a form of rehab. A lot of the ladies in my pilates reformer classes have had major back injuries and surgery's and they say it helps tremendously.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    This graze concept sounds interesting, any of you have an extra invite code?
    I have one 7ZN5KPYD, you get your first box free!

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I have one 7ZN5KPYD, you get your first box free!

Just signed up to check it out, thanks!

hooray!!!

fitness noob here, but trying to do the damn thing. apparently, weight training is just as important as cardio? im not trying to bulk up, just slim down.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Decided I needed to drop like 20 pounds in time for Coachella. That was two weeks ago. I have already lost 10 pounds. I ask again: are you guys sure you need to be doing all this exercising? You should really spend more time just lying perfectly still and thinking about being thinner. It works wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    fitness noob here, but trying to do the damn thing. apparently, weight training is just as important as cardio? im not trying to bulk up, just slim down.
    more muscle means your body burns fat more efficiently.
    If you're going to do both, do weight training first, then wait at least 3 hours before doing cardio. This way you have all your strength for lifting.
    Start with low weights and do 3 sets of 15 reps of whatever you do, this will burn more calories. Just make sure you eat lots of protein or get a shake mix to help your body recover.
    I've been lifting in the mornings, and back to the gym for cardio at night, or hiking around the hills at Griffith Park.
    I've lost around 5 lbs in a couple of weeks. I could lose more if I didn't loathe veggies or healthy foods, but I'm trying.
    I haven't felt this good in years, but I want to feel like a superhero come April.
    I'd love to feel like I did in 2011... when Sunday rolled around I was still dancing like a madman to Sven Vath while my friends had to sit down most of the day.
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 03-03-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

work team-builder, karaoke, & spring training drinking the past few days set me back a bit, but it's been all about the elliptical & the hu
    hula-hoop. built a nin playlist with discipline, starfucker, and only to motivate me. how's everyone else doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

12 mile slog yesterday - hills and more hills - at a sluggish 9.5 min mile pace.

Tried not to drink all the calories back last night and think I did ok.
    Last edited by santasutt; 03-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Started bikram yoga 4 days ago and plan to complete 31 days.
    Its already working wonders...for those of you with injruries, bikram is great.
    Most places have a deal for first timers, 20 days for 20$.

I do crossfit 3-4 times a week as well. Although these are very opposite practices, they work great in conjunction!

I've been running for the first time in my life. I'm using the couch to 5k app. It's been really helpful. I still hate to run but it's so effective for weight loss and endurance. I really want to dance at chella and not be tired. I've also started Ashtanga yoga. I love it and it has really helped with my back aches. I had gained some weight but now I'm back into my old clothes. I feel much better.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
    Started bikram yoga 4 days ago and plan to complete 31 days.
    Its already working wonders...for those of you with injruries, bikram is great.
    Most places have a deal for first timers, 20 days for 20$.

I do crossfit 3-4 times a week as well. Although these are very opposite practices, they work great in conjunction!
    I Love bikram. I was in the best shape ever when I lived in tahoe and did bikram in the a.m and then either snowboarding or mtn biking in the afternoon.

Can't find a place around here that has it..Really want to try crossfit too, but it is too pricey for me to justify. I feel like I'm in a bit of a plateau right now and need to add some variety to my workout, but having trouble finding the motivation to do so..

any ideas for breaking a workout rut?

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    If you want to slim down then focus on food intake as that will get you 75% of your results. The other 25 will come from a mix of cardio and light muscle/ weight training.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    I Love bikram. I was in the best shape ever when I lived in tahoe and did bikram in the a.m and then either snowboarding or mtn biking in the afternoon.

Can't find a place around here that has it..Really want to try crossfit too, but it is too pricey for me to justify. I feel like I'm in a bit of a plateau right now and need to add some variety to my workout, but having trouble finding the motivation to do so..

any ideas for breaking a workout rut?
    Have you tried lifting? heavier weight? maybe take a spin class? The larger your muscles are, the more calories they burn. There is a giant myth that if you lift heavy you will get "bulky" ( I personally think its a myth after watching my boyfriend and talking with his trainer) The hottest babes with the most awesome bodies all lift heavy weight and they are not she-men, just cut and hot.