Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Eat a snack. That is great for your metabloism and will curb hunger, which will keep you from overeating at lunch. Eat some nuts, fruits, greek yougurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I ate my healthy breakfast this morning with my coffee (oats, milk and a banana). It's 10:30 am and I'm famished for lunch already. Chugging water to get me through until noon.
    Get more high quality protien in there and you won't get as hungry as fast, also more sustainable carbohydrates like an apple, oats burn up fast and bananas are somewhat overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyliediscope View Post
    Eat a snack. That is great for your metabloism and will curb hunger, which will keep you from overeating at lunch. Eat some nuts, fruits, greek yougurt.
    Come to think of it I have some yummy raspberry yogurt in the fridge. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

For whatever reason, oatmeal makes me feel the same way. I try to avoid it, because I end up eating like a horse afterward. I usually do greek yogurt, or toast with avocado or peanut butter in the morning. Speaking of, anyone try PB2? I just bought some the other day and love it! Way less fat and calories than real peanut butter, just have to get used to the difference in texture.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I feel better after having the yogurt. I like the idea of toast with avocado, maybe with some light cream cheese instead of margarine as they are close to the same calories? Yum.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I spend a good portion of my calorie allowance on breakfast to help get me through the day knowing that I'll burn it all off throughout the day. often times, I have to force myself to eat lunch because I'm usually not hungry so that meal usually turns into a snack.

I'll have to look into PB2!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

My breakfast this morning is red pepper hummus and pretzels.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

For breakfast I usually eat : scrambled break free eggs - 60 calories, a low carb tortilla - 80 calories, light daisy sour cream- 40 calories, real bacon bits - 25 calories. for a total of 205 calories. I don't always use sour cream or bacon pieces, I do that when I am bored of the Avo,eggs, and tortilla. I like to switch things up a bit. The avo usually adds a few more calories but I don't mind since they are good fats and cals. This meal fills me up till about noon and I usually eat between 7am and 8am. At noon I usually have a snack similar to the ones listed above greek yogurt, nuts, apple.

Have any of you guys tried Xylitol as a sweetener? I work in a dental office and the Doctor has been talking about its health benefits for your teeth. I started reading about it and it comes in a granulated form. I like xylitol because its not as sweet as stevia/truvia I think it tastes better and if you like to bake you can replace the same amount of sugar with the xylitol, and its great for your teeth. I primarily use it in my coffee. Its a way better option than slpenda.. aspartame freaks me out.

EDIT : Not that I am saying splenda is aspartame, but more that all those types of sweeteners freak me out.
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 01-16-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

You need to be really careful if you have a dog that it doesn't consume xylitol under any circumstance. A small amount of it (1/4 teaspoon for a 20 lb dog) can make the dog extremely sick and even be fatal. I read a story once about a pug who almost died after eating a tiny piece of gum that contained xylitol. I hear it can also be really poisonous to cats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    You need to be really careful if you have a dog that it doesn't consume xylitol under any circumstance. A small amount of it (1/4 teaspoon for a 20 lb dog) can make the dog extremely sick and even be fatal. I read a story once about a pug who almost died after eating a tiny piece of gum that contained xylitol. I hear it can also be really poisonous to cats as well.
    Thanks for the heads up! I keep it in the cupboard up high in its container that is completely sealed. I don't chew much gum, but if my dog were to find something that's what it would be. if 1/4 of a teaspoon could be fatal to a 20lb dog I am sure it would harm my 10lb dog. Again thanks for the info!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

no problemo, I just wanted you to be aware. But also, if you use xylitol for cooking/baking make sure your pup doesn't get into any of that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    no problemo, I just wanted you to be aware. But also, if you use xylitol for cooking/baking make sure your pup doesn't get into any of that as well!
    Very true! I do not cook with it, I only use it for coffee. If I am gonna bake I use real sugar, just not refined sugar. I only know you can bake with it from a patient who did it over the holidays and said it worked great.

I have no shame admitting that my morning breakfast routine is an egg mcmuffin and a large sugar free french vanilla coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I have no shame admitting that my morning breakfast routine is an egg mcmuffin and a large sugar free french vanilla coffee.
    HAHA If im on the go, I am more of a breakfast jack kinda gal.

I personally hate Jack in the box. Just me, I know people love that shit. McDee's breakfast is so good. Damn I miss fatty food!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I love the ultimate breakfast sandwiches at jack in the box, but I always get it on sourdough bread to make it extra yummy. they don't have iced coffee anymore, so I haven't stopped there.

I don't feel like an egg mcmuffin is inherently unhealthy other than maybe some carbs from the muffin, but other than that it's ok. it's only 350 calories and I don't mind sacrificing some calories during lunch to have a good, filling breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I feel better after having the yogurt. I like the idea of toast with avocado, maybe with some light cream cheese instead of margarine as they are close to the same calories? Yum.
    I don't put butter or margarine when doing avocado toast. There's enough fat in the avo
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I bought some of those Jimmy Dean light egg muffin sandwiches the other day. Not my thing, but it was a big box so I guess I'm going to have to keep eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I don't put butter or margarine when doing avocado toast. There's enough fat in the avo
    True, but cream cheese and avocado together is great, so I can justify the 30 extra calories.

Down almost 8 pounds since Christmas

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

way to go!

over-eating got the best of me last weekend, but I've been good these last few days. smoking green makes it hard to stop myself :x
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    Down almost 8 pounds since Christmas
    Up eight pounds from 167 to 175lbs. But had quickly hopped on and off an animal scale at the veterinarian, so not sure how accurate it is. Puppy gained two pounds in two weeks as well. Fuckin holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    way to go!

over-eating got the best of me last weekend, but I've been good these last few days. smoking green makes it hard to stop myself :x
    THIS

Holidays kicked my butt too, I still have a few more to lose to get back to my pre-surgery/holiday weight.

I have not weighted myself today.... but last I weighted myself on Monday I am down 6 lbs since Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    way to go!

THIS
    Amateurs!
    Last edited by scenicworld; 01-17-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Good work everyone- I'm down 4 lbs, have 5-8 more to go.

So on myfitnesspal it says I should consume 1200 calories a day and on bodybug it says I should be consuming like 1900 daily. So I am going to shoot for the 1200 and hope I end up around 1400

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    So on myfitnesspal it says I should consume 1200 calories a day and on bodybug it says I should be consuming like 1900 daily. So I am going to shoot for the 1200 and hope I end up around 1400
    If you are exercising then 1250- 1550 is totally fine.

eh... I don't really exercise all that much. I walk on my lunch every day for about 30 minutes but that is about it.