Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

I'm find I'm getting used to the healthy eating, it's just the exercise that I hate. Ugh, I need to find something I like. I did find my feet and legs didn't hurt this past Coachella just losing the 10%!

Woohoo finally hit the 60lb weight loss mark since December!! Old shirts are fitting again, pants are much looser. What the hell was I doing before?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

woohoo! fitting into old pants might be one of the best feelings of accomplishment someone can get from fitchella (next to the inevitable shopping trip to buy NEW clothes, that is!)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Most people aren't meeting exercise guidelines

Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY12:01 p.m. EDT May 2, 2013

Few people doing enough aerobic activity and strength training.

Most adults in the USA aren't meeting the federal physical activity recommendations for both aerobic exercise and muscle-strengthening activity, according to government statistics out today.

About 79% of adults don't meet the physical activity guidelines that advise getting at least 2˝ hours a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity such as brisk walking, or one hour and 15 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, such as jogging. Plus, the guidelines recommend that adults do muscle-strengthening activities, such as push-ups, sit-ups or exercise using resistance bands or weights. These activities should involve all major muscle groups and be done on two or more days a week, the guidelines say.

Regular physical activity has been shown to lower the risk of early death, help control weight and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, depression and some types of cancer and a host of other conditions. It lowers the risk of cognitive decline and hip fractures.

Other research indicates that people are less active than these statistics suggest. Scientists with the National Cancer Institute, using actual motion sensors, found that fewer than 5% of adults in the USA get at least 30 minutes a day of moderate-intensity physical activity in bouts of at least 10 minutes.

The latest statistics, published in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, a journal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, are based on self-reported data from more than 450,000 respondents participating in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, an annual phone survey of adults, 18 and older.

Among the findings:

• 21% of adults say they met both the aerobic and muscle-strengthening guidelines.

• About 52% say they are meeting the aerobic activity guideline.

• 29% say they are meeting the muscle-strengthening activity recommendation.

• The range of people meeting the overall guidelines varied by state. For instance, 27% of those in Colorado met them compared with 13% in Tennessee and West Virginia.

• Women, Hispanics, older adults and obese adults were all less likely to meet the exercise guidelines.

"This is a great start, and we can use this information to encourage other adults to increase their aerobic and muscle-strengthening activity," says Carmen Harris, an epidemiologist in CDC's physical activity and health branch. "Improving access to safe and convenient places, such as parks, walking trails and sidewalks, can increase opportunities for physical activity in communities."

Tim Church, director of preventive medicine research at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, says, "It amazes me that given all the well-known benefits of physical activity that so few Americans choose to be regularly active. The most powerful thing you can do for your health is become active."

Here are some ways people can meet these exercise recommendations in a week, according to the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans:

• Take a brisk walk for 30 minutes on five days (moderate intensity); exercise with resistance bands two days (muscle strengthening).

• Run for 25 minutes three days (vigorous intensity); lift weights on two days.

• Take a brisk walk for 30 minutes two days (moderate); go dancing for an hour one evening (moderate); mow the law for 30 minutes (moderate); do heavy gardening two days (muscle strengthening).

• Do 30 minutes of an aerobic dance class (vigorous); do 30 minutes of running one day (vigorous); take a brisk walk for 30 minutes one day (moderate); do calisthenics (sit-ups, push-ups) on three days.

• Bike to and from work for 30 minutes on three days (moderate); play softball for 60 minutes one day (moderate); use weight machines two days.

• Play doubles tennis for 45 minutes two days (moderate); lift weights one day; hike vigorously for 30 minutes and go rock climbing one day (muscle strengthening).
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I've lost 30 pounds in 90 days. 60 more to go.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    That's awesome!! Good for you! What is working for you?

On Monday I started over and so far am doing ok. I have to calorie count because I know that is what works for me. I have a goal to lose 10 lbs at first, and see how that feels, maybe 5 more after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Weight Watchers and doctor-controlled medication.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Y'all need to try the Ecstasy diet for major weight loss.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Weight Watchers and doctor-controlled medication.
    I'm back to tracking with Sparkpeople.com. It's got a water intake tracker, fitness tracker and reports section so you can see your daily calorie differential, weekly or monthly progress, carb/fat/protein breakdowns daily. If you actually do the inputting and take the time it works very well.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

wow! thats amazing Jen!!! Great job! Keep it up!!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

With the pre-sale starting Friday, I have more motivation to drive me to my goals. 33lbs down since Jan. 8th. averaging a stead 1.73lb loss per week. I am half way to my first major goal. I plan on adjusting my goals once I hit the 60lb mark. I really want to be taut for next years coachella. I want to rid of this squish. My plan is to reach my weight loss goals first and then focus on becoming strong and tight. I want to be able to do pull ups by next years coachella! Maybe a 2014 thread to start fresh?
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 05-21-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I haven't even been able to look in this thread without feeling ashamed at how bad I have been lately... but I am back on today so help me. I am goign to walk the half mile to starbucks for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Any step is a good step! You can totally do it, nice job on the walk!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Yoga once a week is getting this body sexay and also relieving a ton of tension in my lower back, I hear so many cracks after about 30 minutes into the session. My endurance for whacky positions that no one should ever have to stand in for more than 10 seconds is growing.

So much more my vibe than the gym.

I am an Endomorph:

"You're on the heavier side and have always been good at sports that require strength and toughness. You probably don't run a 5k in 17 minutes, but you don't need to. You're by no means fragile, and that makes you a perfect candidate for full contact sports such as hockey, football and boxing, wrestling and weightlifting. Other sports that you may like are soccer, basketball, jogging and swimming."

Interesting how your body can change. I used to prefer weights over cardio, all day every day. I now prefer cardio over weights. I will have to get in touch with my strong Endomorph side when I start lifting weights and doing some serious toning. First trying to lose the extra fat. I do not think I am going to play contact sports any time soon..

I cant pull it up at work
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Yoga once a week is getting this body sexay and also relieving a ton of tension in my lower back, I hear so many cracks after about 30 minutes into the session. My endurance for whacky positions that no one should ever have to stand in for more than 10 seconds is growing.

So much more my vibe than the gym.
    I'm loving yoga too. I can stay consistent with it because I enjoy it so much more than lifting weights.

I'm feeling bummed though. I had lost weight before Coachella but I've been eating terribly for the past month. I put some of that weight back on. So discouraging! so far this week I've been back to eating healthy and I started running again.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Endomorph

You're on the heavier side and have always been good at sports that require strength and toughness. You probably don't run a 5k in 17 minutes, but you don't need to. You're by no means fragile, and that makes you a perfect candidate for full contact sports such as hockey, football and boxing, wrestling and weightlifting. Other sports that you may like are soccer, basketball, jogging and swimming.

That's about right.

Yeah.

Ectomorph You're lean and mean. You probably have no problem playing any sport. You might have a difficult time getting buff, but that's not really what you're into anyway. Your idea of a good workout is putting on the head phones and going for a nice long jog. Some sports you might consider would be distance jogging, swimming, basketball, soccer, or boxing. Some other challenging sports that you may want to try are football, baseball, weightlifting, wrestling and hockey.

-- I guess I should just start jogging.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I want to rid of this squish. My plan is to reach my weight loss goals first and then focus on becoming strong and tight. I want to be able to do pull ups by next years coachella! Maybe a 2014 thread to start fresh?
    This is exactly what I did! Met my initial 25lb goal, then upped it to 30lbs. With one more pound to go, I started barbell training. I'm about six weeks in to Starting Strength and am loving the changes! Not much squish left on me, other than boobs

I haven't tried pull-ups, yet. But I'm thinking I'll work on that when I'm finished with this 12wk beginner's program. Also need to work on pushups. I hate not being able to do either one of those
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

According to the quiz, I'm an Ectomorph. I'm not sure how accurate that is, as I absolutely hate running (same with biking, aerobics, etc.). Not really a team sports player, either. I think all of that's more of a self-esteem issue, tho, as I don't like being looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

According to the quiz I'm an endomorph but I'm also a wimp. My sports of choice are dancing and hiking/walking. Team and contact sports hold very little appeal.

<~~~~~ mighty ectomorph

I may be a skinny fuck but after I get thru the waiting room tomorrow my training begins...

Imma add me some bumps

I was wondering if there is a thread for workout playlists/music suggestions? Just like good motivational high energy songs that are good for running. I tried searching but didn't know exactly what to search for...

^ Anything Prydz

I have presale anxiety, my heart rate is so high right now and I am probably burning calories just from waiting.. I can probably skip my work out today... I probably wont though.

I'm 6'3" , 200 lbs. I'm on the brim of being moderately overweight LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?