Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I went running today. But now I want to start drinking to celebrate such a mediocre accomplishment.
    Nothing wrong with this.

One mile at 9-10 min mile pace buys you one domestic pint (150 cal) or 12 oz hoppy microbrew.

Run 6, drink 3, lose weight.
    Last edited by santasutt; 03-27-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Quote Originally Posted by BChillin View Post
    I certainly don't know the ins and outs of this diet, and you know your body better than I do, but a pound a day does not seem right. A pound of fat is equivalent to ~3500 calories. 14 pounds of fat (or anything close to that) in 14 days definitely isn't doable. Not trying to hate or rain on your parade, just tossing in my two cents. Do you, but be careful.
    No worries, we've all been taught that about weightloss. I understand your reaction

But I am eating 2000 calories a day and the healthiest I've ever eaten. I lost that much weight because I was decreasing inflammation. To be able to eat filet mignon with salad, potatoes and butter for dinner, and lose weight? So awesome, my body is so happy and my other ailments have disappeared.

I know it sounds strange, but this nutritionist looks at food how it reacts to each individual. (I am reactive to oranges and pineapple). It's such a helpful tool for me to learn how to eat for my body. Cool stuff!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Well, it took a couple extra days....but I finally hit the 50lb loss mark!!! Im super happy, but still have 45lb to go to reach my goal weight. But for someone who usually gives up on diets after losing 7 pounds and then saying "I got this" and then just regaining it all back immediately, Im thrilled!

/rant
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

yay!! that's quite a milestone!!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

That's awesome, Paul!

Yesterday I began the Starting Strength program. This week, I'm just using the olympic bar without any added weights. I figured the 45lb bar is a good place to start, since I've not done any serious lifting in years. I'm thinking I'll add five pounds a week and see how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Happy for everyone's successes here, there has been some hard work put in. Good on ya folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'm down another 3, so I've lost 13 in 5 weeks.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Might as well do an update myself:
    Started 01/15 @ 339pds...today I'm 307.4. Pretty pleased, but this week I'm gonna try to kick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I'm still stuck on 15 total pounds down but I haven't really been trying my best to drop anymore lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Happy for everyone's successes here, there has been some hard work put in. Good on ya folks.
    Translation of that last sentence, please. My Google Canadian (to U.S. English) failed.

I started at 170# on Feb 1, today I'm at 154#. Maybe not a huge difference to many, but I think it's the lowest I've been in 10 years. Been making some decent strength gains too.

I remember reading in a previous year's Fitchella thread that most people drop a few pounds at the fest, but it comes right back. I wonder if this is because it's water weight lost? Anyone knowledgeable about this?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I started at 170# on Feb 1, today I'm at 154#. Maybe not a huge difference to many, but I think it's the lowest I've been in 10 years. Been making some decent strength gains too.

I remember reading in a previous year's Fitchella thread that most people drop a few pounds at the fest, but it comes right back. I wonder if this is because it's water weight lost? Anyone knowledgeable about this?
    Yeah, the heat and all the walking around and/or dancing combined with dehydration and probably less eating during the fest would cause this. It wouldn't be actual fat loss.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Not going well as it's easy to become a midnight marijuana magnet for all the Easter chocolates.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I haven't lost anything since my last check in here. Still 24lbs down, again hoping the the no loss is due to muscle gain. I had set a goal for April 3rd to lose 24lbs, and I have achieved that. I set a mini goal to lose an extra 6lbs by coachella, not sure if it will happen.. maybe. I am still pushing through and eating well, and doing tons of exercise! I got a week, lets see what I can do!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    I haven't lost anything since my last check in here. Still 24lbs down, again hoping the the no loss is due to muscle gain. I had set a goal for April 3rd to lose 24lbs, and I have achieved that. I set a mini goal to lose an extra 6lbs by coachella, not sure if it will happen.. maybe. I am still pushing through and eating well, and doing tons of exercise! I got a week, lets see what I can do!
    You're doing fantastic! Forget about the 6lbs more by Coachella. That's too much to lose in such a short amount of time.

I'm still at 26lbs down, one more than my original goal. I was thinking I wanted to try for four more, but decided to go ahead with strength training now. I upped my calories a few weeks ago and have been maintaining, so I went ahead and began the Starting Strength program. I've completed four sessions and am loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    You're doing fantastic! Forget about the 6lbs more by Coachella. That's too much to lose in such a short amount of time.

I'm still at 26lbs down, one more than my original goal. I was thinking I wanted to try for four more, but decided to go ahead with strength training now. I upped my calories a few weeks ago and have been maintaining, so I went ahead and began the Starting Strength program. I've completed four sessions and am loving it
    Thanks! I'm not too set on that mini goal, I only set that goal because I met my 24lb goal 2 weeks early. But I have not lost anything in those 2 weeks. Sometimes I'll have slow periods and then have a large drop so its possible, but I'm not gonna be too bummed if I don't make the mini goal. Looking forward to coachella!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

7lbs heavier than last year, not muscle. Thanks Fitchella thread.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post
    7lbs heavier than last year, not muscle. Thanks Fitchella thread.
    Same number for me except it was Coachella 2011 where I weighed 7 lbs less.

I mapped out and ran a half marathon (13.1miles) just to see if I could do it. It really wasn't that hard and I did it under two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    I mapped out and ran a half marathon (13.1miles) just to see if I could do it. It really wasn't that hard and I did it under two hours.
    There you go.

I ate a bag of cheetos today, i fuckin hate myself.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

I just started Month 2 of the Insanitiy workout program - holy hell it's intense! It's a HUGE jump up from the first month! I still haven't really lost any pounds, but I've lost inches (my waist went from 30.5 to 28.5 and my hips went from 42 to 41) and my stamina's increased. I've been trying to stick to their eating plan of 300 calorie meals, 5 times a day, but sometimes socializing gets in the way...

Part of me still gets annoyed that I haven't lost any pounds, even though I know I've lost weight/gained muscle, that pesky number on the scale messes with my head! But overall, I feel more Fitchella-ready than I did at the beginning of the year
    "If you've lost your faith in love and music, the end won't be long." -The Libertines

I can't exercise for two weeks as I've got a problem with the ball of my foot, apparently this is common to dancers and it will subside but right now I can barely walk on it. I'm worried about being in pain for Coachella. This sucks.

my boyfriend has a bone spur or something on the ball of his foot. he's a little worried about all the walking too.

I fell off my cruiser a few days ago in flip flops and removed a chunk of my toenail, havent been able to wear closed toed shoes-fitchella fail..

Back on the anti inflammatories ( I have taken them before for arthritis pain) and hoping that this will clear it up before next week. Meanwhile I'm 9 lbs above my target weight. Screw it. I'll just be a happy, limpy, chubby Coachellian.

Lucky Chinese in Fountain Valley! Two item combo!! Arghhh!!!
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Fucking grubbed out on Filipino food last night and don't feel like going to the gym today at all.

ugh.

Any runners out there who want to get together Saturday AM (between 8-9) for a 3-4 mile run in and around La Quinta PM me and I will try to get this going.

Final Fitchella weight = 151
    I'm down 19 lbs since Feb 1, through a combination of weight training in the mornings and walking + cardio machines at night, and protein shakes 3x a day.
    I haven't been this weight in over 10 years, and am in much better shape than those days. Feeling lean and mean.
    Bring it, Yuma stage.