Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I am struggling. Right now exercise is on hold for me as I just did laser eye surgery, and they don't like you to work out for a week or two so you don't get sweat in your eyes and cause bacteria/infection. I am missing my Zumba but being at home immobilized and bored makes it harder not to snack.
    I'm technically in the same boat as you. SInce I pulled my hammy and calf muscle, I havent been to the fitness center for two weeks now. I was gonna start this week, but i'm still feeling some pain, and don't want to injure myself all over again.

I'm just praying next week I can get back on the wagon and go full speed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    the pounds are coming off for me without breakfast....so, which one am I supposed to follow?
    the consensus seems to be go with breakfast

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

well again, they're coming off NOW but that does not mean you are just going to continue at this pace forever. not just from a weight loss perspective, but can you really see yourself eating this way for the rest of your life? if you don't want to eat breakfast, don't eat breakfast. i don't know how people do it but plenty do. if you feel it'll help get your metabolism started, do something small like yogurt or a small serving of fruit or something. there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach that works for everyone. some people snack throughout the day, others save their calories for meals. the point is finding a balance you can live with on a regular basis. being healthy isn't a destination, it's a journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by clleadz View Post
    Breakfast gets the body burning calories early on, if you wait until lunch then your body will try to conserve energy and fat, not use it.
    What you are describing is the thermic effect of food. The process of digesting food burns calories, so yes, what you are saying is half true. But the breakfast fallacy comes apart because it doesn't matter when you start eating. Whether you eat all your calories in one meal, or spaced between a "balanced" breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the same amount of calories are burned.

Anything you've ever read or heard about "stoking your metabolism", "getting your metabolism ready with breakfast", etc is bro-science.

If it were up to me I'd skip breakfast too. But the years that I did that, I gained the most weight.
    I don't eat much for breakfast, usually just a protein shake with a banana, and cereal with fiber. I have more energy now and don't feel the need to gorge at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    the pounds are coming off for me without breakfast....so, which one am I supposed to follow?
    The reason you are losing pounds is because you are only eating 800 calories. You are most likely burning through all or any muscle you have and your body may be storing fat. As I said before muscle weighs much more than fat. Regardless of breakfast or not, your body needs more calories to function properly. Are you going to eat this way forever?
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I'm technically in the same boat as you. SInce I pulled my hammy and calf muscle, I havent been to the fitness center for two weeks now. I was gonna start this week, but i'm still feeling some pain, and don't want to injure myself all over again.

I hope you feel more like yourself soon! Injuries are the worst.
    We have a bunch of leftovers of healthy stuff that we cooked up this week. I'm hoping to stay on track seeing as I'm not exercising. Man if it weren't for the red wine....
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Coachella Junkie

SOUNDS HOMO

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    SOUNDS HOMO
    I'm in great shape for a hetero, but I want to get in gay shape!

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

That made me lol, though it was a forced lol. You know, one where you say hahaha out loud, instead of actually bursting into spontaneous true laughter? I want to be in gay shape too =( Not "girl who kisses girls in hopes of attracting men" gay, either. I'm going for NPH on steroids gay.

so i realize it's a little late to start coachella fitness... but i am. trouble is, i'm a single mom who works full time and doesn't exactly have a lot of alone time to work out. mostly after bedtime or during breakfast. suggestions? besides eating healthy. i'm already doing that. just want to add some exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Changes in your bowel function often occur because of the unabsorbed fat. Fatty/oily stool, oily spotting, intestinal gas with discharge, a feeling of needing to have a bowel movement right away, increased number of bowel movements, or poor bowel control may occur. These side effects may get worse if you eat more fat than you should. If these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor promptly.
    Oh yeah, I cringed reading the side effects, but the less than desirable effects are also dependent on how much fat you're eating. You only take the pills with meals containing fat, so it's up to me to decide. So far, so good. I've dropped 3 lbs over the last week and I'm only taking the pills twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Have you changed your eating habits? One of the hardest things I had to learn was that- you can not work off a bad diet. I have done this stupid weight loss dance before and this is the last time, I am gonna do it, I will succeed and keep it off. I have learned that you can maintain weight with exercise and a bad diet, but you will not lose any weight. This "clean eating" thing is what I am trying to do, eating clean can be really hard though.
    I've been struggling to keep track of my calories. Since I've been working out, I've been eating a bit more. SparkPeople app says to keep between 1420 and 1770 each day and some days I struggle to eat less than 1700. I've realized my alcohol isn't quite worth the calories and I've stopped drinking this past week (excluding a few drinks Saturday night). I guess I should pack my food again. It's time consuming, but that way, you really control your portions and the quality of food.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I'm technically in the same boat as you. Since I pulled my hammy and calf muscle, I haven't been to the fitness center for two weeks now. I was gonna start this week, but i'm still feeling some pain, and don't want to injure myself all over again.
    If you're still feeling pain, you might want to take it even slower and more cautious. I wish you luck, and don't hurt yourself again!!

I just weighed myself this morning and I am down 16 lbs! I am so happy right now

I am really hoping to lose the other 4 before coachella. I am not sure if that is too much of a stretch but I think I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I just weighed myself this morning and I am down 16 lbs! I am so happy right now

I am really hoping to lose the other 4 before coachella. I am not sure if that is too much of a stretch but I think I can do it!
    That's so awesome!!!! Are you taking measurements, too? I wish I had started them in the very beginning. I seriously wonder if I've lost as many inches as I have pounds!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

YAY for you!!!
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    That's so awesome!!!! Are you taking measurements, too? I wish I had started them in the very beginning. I seriously wonder if I've lost as many inches as I have pounds!
    no and I am kicking myself for it. It sucks bc I can't tell that big if a difference. It is frustrating me! I mean, I can take them now I guess, but that won't tell me how far I have come.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Even with my back pain and my inability to continue training, I've lost five pounds.

Weight Watchers. Always thought it was bullshit.*shrug*
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I've committed to going to the gym everyday in March (and I've succeeded so far), but I'm getting terribly bored with my routine. Anyone have any fun exercises that they want to share, or music that gets them incredibly pumped?

One I'll share is this.. I love it and hate it because its hard... I find the challenging ones the least boring. Planking with a bosu and exercise ball.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Even with my back pain and my inability to continue training, I've lost five pounds.

Weight Watchers. Always thought it was bullshit.*shrug*
    I always thought that, too... but I have quite a few friends that are all about it?

I have fallen off the wagon. I am in the worst shape I've been in in 4 years. It will be an arduous Coachella. at least i have 3 weeks to prep. STARTING NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by saranater View Post
    I've committed to going to the gym everyday in March (and I've succeeded so far), but I'm getting terribly bored with my routine. Anyone have any fun exercises that they want to share, or music that gets them incredibly pumped?

One I'll share is this.. I love it and hate it because its hard... I find the challenging ones the least boring. Planking with a bosu and exercise ball.

Going to the gym every day can be counterproductive if you are getting a proper workout each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

I lack the willpower to lean out any more by the festival. I will come with an extra layer but hope it won't show too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Going to the gym every day can be counterproductive if you are getting a proper workout each time.
    I'm not. I do some form of cardio everyday (I'm also rehabbing my foot from a surgery I had Jan 30th so my cardio isn't super intense). Every second or third day I do a full body workout.. most days I do at least some form of core exercises.

I lack the willpower to lean out any more by the festival. I will come with an extra layer but hope it won't show too much.
    We're from Canada. We still need our "extra layer"!

I forgot how sore I get when I lift hard and keep my caloric intake really low. I'd put my caloric maintenance at ~2600 conservatively and have enjoyed a brief window of serious willpower keeping intake to ~1500-1600 a day the past week. Extremely boring eating but seeing the results in the mirror every day have kept me sane. But this soreness is intense, probably time for a refeed/cheat day.

Are you making sure to get plenty of protein? I try to get in at least 1g per pound of LBM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    Are you making sure to get plenty of protein? I try to get in at least 1g per pound of LBM.
    Yeah, at ~1600 kcal, diet's pretty much exclusively lean protein and greens. Hit about 145 g protein. Same as when I normally cut at ~2000, but the difference in soreness in that 400 calories is pretty stark.

Building I work in has a free fitness center now. It's empty when I go.
    Also, now vegan.
    I see another 5-10 falling off of me in the next month. I've never felt so healthy. I have a clavicle!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by BChillin View Post
    Yeah, at ~1600 kcal, diet's pretty much exclusively lean protein and greens. Hit about 145 g protein. Same as when I normally cut at ~2000, but the difference in soreness in that 400 calories is pretty stark.
    Dunno if this will help you or not, but I take a glutamine supplement powder scoop (mixed with protein) before and after workout. I should be really sore but I am pretty sure this is helping with that a lot. I used to barely be able to walk the day after a leg workout. I still feel sore now but it's more of a good kind of sore.

Congrats Jacy, that's really excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Jen, five pounds is five pounds and you've gotta start somewhere. Good work on the loss so far, keep up the good work!

You still look great, don't worry about it!