Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

This weekend i overate and drank, but i balanced it out with working out. Yesterday on the treadmill (hungover and all) I burned 600 calories. I will continue the diet mode this week, but I'm already feeling hungry...HELP ME JESUS!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

This is the week I finally get myself back on track. I don't think I've been terrible as far as the calories going in, but I've definitely slacked on the calories going out. all in all I'm holding steady with my weight, so at least I haven't gained more than a pound or two back, it's just a bummer to be off my pace.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

oh, has anyone heard of www.graze.com? I signed up last week and should get my first box this week. I always want to snack on stuff throughout the day but I never bring healthy stuff to work with me and the stuff in the vending machine is far from healthy. these snack boxes give me a healthy option to snack on during the week. some of the food options look delicious! it's $5 a week, but it seems like a reasonable price for what you get. currently it's invite only, but I have invite codes if anyone is interested.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    oh, has anyone heard of www.graze.com? I signed up last week and should get my first box this week. I always want to snack on stuff throughout the day but I never bring healthy stuff to work with me and the stuff in the vending machine is far from healthy. these snack boxes give me a healthy option to snack on during the week. some of the food options look delicious! it's $5 a week, but it seems like a reasonable price for what you get. currently it's invite only, but I have invite codes if anyone is interested.
    That is an awesome idea! I would love and invite code!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

here ya go!! L6551ZQ

I only have 2 left after that one.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

here ya go!! L6551ZQ

I only have 2 left after that one.
    thanks so much!!!!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

no problem, enjoy it!!! it gives you two choices of boxes (first one is free, btw!), the nibble box and the low calorie box. I went with the nibble box instead of low calorie since even the stuff that isn't listed as low calorie still has a lot of health benefits and is lower calorie than anything in my vending machine.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

no problem, enjoy it!!! it gives you two choices of boxes (first one is free, btw!), the nibble box and the low calorie box. I went with the nibble box instead of low calorie since even the stuff that isn't listed as low calorie still has a lot of health benefits and is lower calorie than anything in my vending machine.
    I signed up and have a week coming! I am trying the low calorie box first and I may change it up. I'm curious if the nibble box will give you calories so you can at least enter them into MFP.

yay!

I'm sure they will, all the nutrition facts are on the website. for example, the Yin and Yang (blanched almonds, jumbo raisins, dark chocolate buttons and cherries) lists 217 calories on the website (click Nutrition Facts on the upper right of any food item). the hard part would be knowing how much of each you are eating since I doubt I'll eat an entire item in a single sitting.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

cool idea, hope they are tasty!

i keep 100 calorie packs at my desk for just this purpose. not always the most "healthy" but super easy and i can leave them here for awhile and still be able to eat them.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

got in a quick walk today at work and then spent about 40 minutes on the treadmill during the SOTU today. finally did some actual working out after being super unmotivated the last several weeks (sick, vacation, stuff).

oh, and I finally get to see what my graze box will look like the smoky gazpacho dip and super berry detox looks DELICIOUS!!!

http://grz.cm/b/0COTZ
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

That's a cool idea, although personally I would definitely make a point of mixing up fresh fruits and vegetables with the dried.

However, I could be slightly biased. Tuesday is CSA delivery day, and I just received the most lovely, bountiful box of kale, rainbow chard, lettuce, zucchini, bell peppers, beets, apples, pears, tangerines, onion and cauliflower. Made a salad for dinner with red leaf lettuce, sliced fiji apple, grated carrot, grated beet, feta, green lentils and balsamic vinaigrette -- SO YUM.

yum, that all sounds delicious! I've considered joining one of the local farming co-ops and getting a delivery twice a month, but I never get around to it. it seems like it would make it so much easier to eat healthy!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

all that running, yoga, and gym time is going to pay off. gearing up for saturday's tough mudder!

Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

wow, that's intense!

i've totally been slacking. feeling absolutely insane has not been helping, but i have at least kept up with hula-hooping, even if it's after gorging on cheesecake.

have fun/good luck!!

I'm holding steady on my weight. I actually gained a few the first time I was sick and during my vacation, but then I lost all of that the second time I was sick so I guess I broke about even. I seriously need to get out of my funk and get back to business...

dance party tonight? yes. dance party tonight.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

yikess!!! Good luck! I have been doing horrible lately. I am back on the horse today, though. Celery with peanut butter and banana for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

have fun/good luck!!

I'm holding steady on my weight. I actually gained a few the first time I was sick and during my vacation, but then I lost all of that the second time I was sick so I guess I broke about even. I seriously need to get out of my funk and get back to business...

dance party tonight? yes. dance party tonight.
    I will be there!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

yay!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Wow, sounds like we've all been slacking the last week or so! I know I have, but don't know what my deal is. Vacation, health issues, and just a general funk. Nutrition-wise, I've not been overly horrible, but I have not been working out at all like I should. I've been lacking in time/motivation/energy.

But my motivation is back! This morning I was down two pounds. That makes an even 20. I want to lost at least 5 more, but for now I am a happy girl
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    Wow, sounds like we've all been slacking the last week or so! I know I have, but don't know what my deal is. Vacation, health issues, and just a general funk. Nutrition-wise, I've not been overly horrible, but I have not been working out at all like I should. I've been lacking in time/motivation/energy.

But my motivation is back! This morning I was down two pounds. That makes an even 20. I want to lost at least 5 more, but for now I am a happy girl
    Good for you! I'm exercising lots but not losing as I need to find the motivation to get my diet under control. I'm having laser eye surgery soon and the doctors say you should lay off alcohol for a week afterwards (since dehydration lends itself to the dry eye issues) so maybe that will be a good way to force me to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post

Nice work!
    Ive been slacking a bit this week, been feeling a little under the weather and having to work a bunch=no gym..been working on boosting my water intake though, and eat less salt since that seems to be a problem for me.

I fucking love salt.

in high school, i used to put so much salt on my food and carry salt packets with me that my friend jill (enluv met this past weekend) wouldn't sit next to me in booths at restaurants because it would get everywhere lol. i'm better now.

ugh, i forgot i bought some girl scout cookies before i went on vacation and ate a bunch last night. i did hula-hoop though! trying to get back on the wagon today.

I'm also a recovering salt addict. I used to have to take a diuretic everyday and it would just make me crave salt like crazy! since I no longer take the diuretic, I've had to watch my salt intake a little more closely.

I still put salt on fruit though. people that don't put salt on fruit should never be trusted!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

OMG I used to salt my fruit, too. And carry packets with me. And bring my own shaker to the move theater because you can never get your popcorn salted properly at the counter. I put salt on my toast and on bacon. I was really bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I ALWAYS put salt on my fruit and people look at me crazy. I thought it was a midwest thing (where I am from)

We don't do that in Seattle. We put salt on slugs.

There is that, too. though that seems a little mean.

My city got hit with 10 inches of snow yesterday. I shoveled my driveway in a couple of 45-minute intervals. I wonder how many calories that burned and how long of a run that would be comparable to?
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.