Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Speaking of working out at Coachella - if I organized morning Zumba classes somewhere on the grounds, would this interest anyone? I have music on my phone and would probably have speakers, just need a power source. It would be way more fun than trying to find a place to run.
    More interested in a 3-5 mile run.

Let's do this with a post-run bile-colored veggie-shake at the farmers market.

too many hyphens.
    Last edited by santasutt; 01-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Digging into a bottle of wine. Having garlic and herb chicken for dinner with asparagus and carrots. I want something fatty SO badly. ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

oh man, the elliptical goes by so much easier and faster when i do it AFTER hula-hooping. though yesterday the room smelled so gross and was super hot because three giant men were in there sweating their asses off. i haven't sweated that much in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Well now that the lineup is out its time to get serious!! 77 days away. I am looking to you ladies for inspiration!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

this is so superficial, but i'm so glad i was good all week and back to my pre-holiday gorging weight (18 pounds down, woo-hoo!) since i'm going to a show with my first boyfriend tomorrow. I'M BRINGING SEXY-PANTS BACK, YEAH!

don't want anything to happen with him of course, but you always want to look fly in front of an ex

I've been sick most of this week with that nasty norovirus so I haven't done much more than sit around on a couch. finally feeling better and back at work today, so hopefully I can find my groove again. going to Washington DC next weekend, so I'm sure I won't have a problem burning calories while I walk around, it's the eating and drinking that's going to kick my ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    What are your MFP usernames? I need to get some buddies on there-mine is mrmonsterface
    I'm scenicworlds, I just added you.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    oh man, the elliptical goes by so much easier and faster when i do it AFTER hula-hooping. though yesterday the room smelled so gross and was super hot because three giant men were in there sweating their asses off. i haven't sweated that much in awhile.
    I want to get a hula hoop to do while I'm jamming out to coachella music, those girls I always see hula hooping at shows have the best abs!

Climbed stairs 4 out of 5 days this week (yesterday I was exhausted all day so couldn't do it).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I want to get a hula hoop to do while I'm jamming out to coachella music, those girls I always see hula hooping at shows have the best abs!
    find a weighted hoop, i.e. not a kids hoop. astral hoops makes light-up hoops (i know the ppl who make them) but you could ,maybe ,message them for a traditional homemade one.

PS, these guys at the airport next to me are talking about coachella and how awesome phoenix is lulz

My sweetie bought me a weighted hoop last weekend. It's been ages since I've hooped, and I ended up with bruises They are just about gone, so I'll give it another try this weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

What are your MFP usernames? I need to get some buddies on there-mine is mrmonsterface
    I'm PriceK01, I'll add you
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I'm now in for Coachella, if I can land Weekend 2 passes. For some reason I like running now, and I plan to keep that up. Pretty much on running alone, I've fallen from the 280s to the 250s since July. I don't have a target weight for the fest, but I do want to be in even better shape by then.

I'm looking to add some upper body routines (chest and arms, mostly). Any suggestions for someone who doesn't plan to join the gym nor has (at the moment) weights at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

It's clear I'll be doing lots of dancing this year. Back to the gym for me... Cardio cardio cardio

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    It's clear I'll be doing lots of dancing this year. Back to the gym for me... Cardio cardio cardio
    I've got 8 am Zumba today, just got up. This will require coffee.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    I'm now in for Coachella, if I can land Weekend 2 passes. For some reason I like running now, and I plan to keep that up. Pretty much on running alone, I've fallen from the 280s to the 250s since July. I don't have a target weight for the fest, but I do want to be in even better shape by then.

I'm looking to add some upper body routines (chest and arms, mostly). Any suggestions for someone who doesn't plan to join the gym nor has (at the moment) weights at home?

Basic exercises can easily be overlooked, pushups, situps, pullups. If you can get a kettlebell, that can be very versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Basic exercises can easily be overlooked, pushups, situps, pullups. If you can get a kettlebell, that can be very versatile.
    This. Even without a Kettleball or another weight, using your own body for resistance is a simple way to get good results. These can be tough but they really work.

I'm very fond of doing dips for the triceps. But getting into a groove is so tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    But getting into a groove is so tough.
    This. I had a great routine going for a while. I'd do 15 mins of cardio, then 4 sets each of 25 squats, lunges (each leg), pushups, sit ups. Then finish with 15 more minutes of cardio. It took about an hour. I got great toning results all around with this. I'd do it every other day and on off days I'd do Zumba. I'd like to get back into this in Feb if I can find the will.

the last 10 days have been nothing but a struggle for me. First, I was sick and haven't had a really good workout ever since. then, I was busy at work and only had a 1 day weekend so that I can save some of my vacation days for my DC trip next weekend and now I have to pack and get everything ready for said trip! when I get back, I need to concentrate on getting my spare bedroom ready to rent out the following weekend and I just don't seem to have time for anything! today is going to be tough, I'm working until 11:30 tonight and then I have to work around 8 tomorrow morning. I just hope I can get a good workout in before my trip..

I guess my silver lining is all the walking around DC I'll be doing this weekend, I just hope the weather isn't too bad.

*edit: I know the whole "there's always time for a 30 minute workout" thing, but it's so much harder to motivate yourself for those when all you want to do is breathe for a little bit.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Superhooper.org makes great weighted hoops and you can customize your color and size. For a new hooper, the bigger the hoop the better.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    the last 10 days have been nothing but a struggle for me. First, I was sick and haven't had a really good workout ever since. then, I was busy at work and only had a 1 day weekend so that I can save some of my vacation days for my DC trip next weekend and now I have to pack and get everything ready for said trip! when I get back, I need to concentrate on getting my spare bedroom ready to rent out the following weekend and I just don't seem to have time for anything! today is going to be tough, I'm working until 11:30 tonight and then I have to work around 8 tomorrow morning. I just hope I can get a good workout in before my trip..

I guess my silver lining is all the walking around DC I'll be doing this weekend, I just hope the weather isn't too bad.

*edit: I know the whole "there's always time for a 30 minute workout" thing, but it's so much harder to motivate yourself for those when all you want to do is breathe for a little bit.
    Its so difficult not to be hard on yourself when these things happen. Same thing happened to me right after the new year. As long as you keep your good eating habits it shouldn't throw you that far off track. Try not to worry too much about it (easier said then done, I know - I am the same way)
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

welcome, zen! i took a break from calorie counting this weekend on vacation in LA, el compadres, the kitchen, the counter, the best ramen ever, plus all the beer! I'm back to business today.

hashish, cherry flavored scone, hot tea

http://weightloss.allwomenstalk.com/...-perfect-butt/

all amazing and leave you sore as heck later on.

for a skinny white girl ass. #22 is nice though. Not doing these, but hope to hear reports and see pix from other members.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    for a skinny white girl ass. #22 is nice though. Not doing these, but hope to hear reports and see pix from other members.
    after adding most of these (the ones i can do at home) i've lost about 10 lbs. in the last week. it helps that i have a list of them written out and taped between my closet and tv.

Long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. I just want to say keep up the good work everyone. This thread helps keep me motivated to go to the gym. Happy Coachella.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

so, my 10 days or so of being out of any kind of fitness routine only cost me about a pound and a half so I guess it wasn't nearly as bad as I felt like it was. that's a relief! of course, then I think that those 2 pounds could have easily swung in the other direction and it makes me a little sad. once I get through this DC trip weekend, I'll get my self back on track. sorry for the lack of updates in this thread and on MFP. i'll be back in a jiffy once things settle down!!

Quote Originally Posted by alysiarenee View Post
    after adding most of these (the ones i can do at home) i've lost about 10 lbs. in the last week. it helps that i have a list of them written out and taped between my closet and tv.
    10 pounds in a week? that's a bit excessive, please be careful!! unless you're a robot speaking in binary, then it's perfectly ok! (yeah, I just made a binary joke, so what?)

I also have a list of exercises and reps taped to my vanity mirror and try to do them every night before my shower.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    Long time lurker of this thread, first time poster. I just want to say keep up the good work everyone. This thread helps keep me motivated to go to the gym. Happy Coachella.
    welcome!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I have some events coming up in February that will make it hard to keep on track food wise. But I'm going to start doing my calisthenics routine 2x weekly starting next week. And I'm doing a Flashmob in March, so practices for that in addition to my Zumba workouts means lots of workout time in. By mid Feburary I want to be in non-cheating full discipline mode so I can be leaner and more toned by weekend one.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 01-30-2013 at 07:42 AM.

I am back up 3 lbs from the weekend. Damn. I know I am going to fluctuate.. so trying to not let it get to me. I need to check my eating a little bit. I got somewhat loose with it. Back on it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.