Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    eh... I don't really exercise all that much. I walk on my lunch every day for about 30 minutes but that is about it.
    A typical metabolic rate - the calories you burn just to get through the day w/o exercising, is around 1500- so if you consume less than that you'll burn fat even without exercising. It sounds like you are doing well fitness pal!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

So on myfitnesspal it says I should consume 1200 calories a day and on bodybug it says I should be consuming like 1900 daily. So I am going to shoot for the 1200 and hope I end up around 1400
    I try to land somewhere in the middle of the 2. bodybugg gives my 1500 and myfitnesspal gives me 1200. I need to get that display device to you so you can see your burn in real time! it's so helpful instead of uploading all the time.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    A typical metabolic rate - the calories you burn just to get through the day w/o exercising, is around 1500- so if you consume less than that you'll burn fat even without exercising. It sounds like you are doing well fitness pal!
    on this note, the bodybugg will also give you a great idea of your typical metabolic rate. wear the armband every day for 5 days and then take it off for a day and upload. the "off body" time will be your assumed metabolic rate based on your body parameters and average activity.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    on this note, the bodybugg will also give you a great idea of your typical metabolic rate. wear the armband every day for 5 days and then take it off for a day and upload. the "off body" time will be your assumed metabolic rate based on your body parameters and average activity.
    Where do you get this Bodybugg thing? I've only heard it mentioned here.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

So if I go home and look tonight on my computer it will already tell me what I have burned? Or do I have to plug it in to see that>?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Where do you get this Bodybugg thing? I've only heard it mentioned here.
    I work for 24 hour fitness and it's a device that attaches to your arm that measures your burn with 95% accuracy. you can get them from either 24hourfitness, apexfitness, or www.bodybugg.com but I actually recommend the bodybugg by bodymedia since the software is much better and the 24hourfitness devices will be transfered over after all the subscriptions expire. the devices are the same, but we did our own development and couldn't put the right amount of effort out there to truly compete with bodymedia so we partnered up again.

since you're in canada you have to get them through a reseller. well, not sure about the bodymedia devices, they might be sold direct. www.bodymedia.com

I can probably scrounge up a few other armbands if anyone else is interested? I won't be able to give out free subscriptions for that much longer though.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 01-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

So if I go home and look tonight on my computer it will already tell me what I have burned? Or do I have to plug it in to see that>?
    until I get you the display device or swap your armband out with an SP, you'll have to hook it up to the computer to see your burn. once you get the other armband or display device you can wear it for about 10 days between uploads and recharging. you can use the bodybugg app in the playstore/app store to enter your food either way though.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

It's called Basal Metabolic Rate, or BMR, for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post

I can probably scrounge up a few other armbands if anyone else is interested? I won't be able to give out free subscriptions for that much longer though.
    I would love to give it a try. I'm super curious to see what it would come up with for my BMR and TDEE values. I've tried calculating them on my own, but each calculator I try come up with different answers
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

let me see what I can get from the warehouse. right now I have 2 devices.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

well, I was VERY upset going into my normal lunch walk today (work bull) so I decided to run instead. I am ashamed.... I used to run a 7 minute mile in college (though that was the best shape of my life I will say) and I got a half mile in 6 minutes... walked for 2 minutes and ran a half mile back in about 7 minutes. It is a starting point you could say.

On another note I lost another pound. Down to 193.6 (at 6'4). I WILL be in the low 180's by Coachella so help me.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

heck, I can't even run a mile so you still got me beat!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I don't think I could run a mile, either :/

Congrats on the extra pound, tho! That's really great!
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Thanks guys. I almost cried I was so upset that I was hurting so bad.

No, don't be sad! You can get back to that point. It's just going to take a bit of work.

3 weeks ago I was sore after a workout and thought I was going to die, now I can work out and feel great! you'll get back there!!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

It does get easier the more you do it, and it sounds like you are determined! Hang in there.

I would like this dry-fit workout shirt:

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I would like this dry-fit workout shirt:

This makes me very happy

I got into a pair of pants today that I have not been able to wear in a year. I was so freaking happy... On another note, I am so sore I can hardly walk today. lol
    Massage after work will be glorious.

Schedule as follows:

Saturday: stretching/abdominal/basic workout routine (http://smokh.org/Abdomen2.php plus 75 sit ups, 50 push ups, 50 jumping jacks), Tennis match
    Sunday: laying out by the pool with an alcoholic drink concoction and Graham Greene novel, then watching football on TV
    Monday: a long hike

I am almost 2 weeks into my 12 week strength training/cardio challenge. I am down to 166 from 172. I am definitely feeling a ton more energy and have been eating relatively clean/no booze. I'm getting bored with my cardio routine already though. I typically do cardio 4-5x a week-usually HIIT on the elliptical or spinning class, but would like to work some new stuff into my routine, any suggestions(i'm not much of a runner)?

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    I am almost 2 weeks into my 12 week strength training/cardio challenge. I am down to 166 from 172. I am definitely feeling a ton more energy and have been eating relatively clean/no booze. I'm getting bored with my cardio routine already though. I typically do cardio 4-5x a week-usually HIIT on the elliptical or spinning class, but would like to work some new stuff into my routine, any suggestions(i'm not much of a runner)?
    20-20-20 hills

20 min stationary bike hills then 20 min elliptical hills then 20 min treadmill hills

remember to wipe the sweat.

(i'm not much of a runner)?[/QUOTE]

Never too late to become one. Like anything the more you do it the easier it becomes the more fun it becomes.

This makes me very happy

I got into a pair of pants today that I have not been able to wear in a year. I was so freaking happy...
    Congratulations!!!! I'm actually scared to try any of my old pants, but I did buy new ones in a smaller size than I've been wearing all year

On another note, I am so sore I can hardly walk today. lol
    Massage after work will be glorious.
    I'm going to be in the same boat tomorrow. Why oh why did I tack on 300 crunches to my regular routine??

So weighed in Thursday and I'm down 4.5Lbs...I cheated later that day and yesterday

Btw I'd like to say that I love myfitnesspal cause now I don't have to carry around my notebook.
    meow

So excited. I weighed myself again and I am down even more! It is so nice to get the reward of dieting. I have never been able to stick with it long enough, but I am hellbent on this!!! We can do it you guys!

way to go everyone!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Saturday was a total bomb... with a Hockey game (beer and junk food), baby shower (alcohol and Mexican food) and a friends movie screening (open bar) all in one day/night.. I don't even wanna know how many calories I consumed. But I guess I shouldn't focus on one horrible day of eating.. I also did 1 1/2 hrs of cardio on Saturday morning since I knew it was gonna be bad one.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

One day won't kill you

When I have days like that, I go ahead and try to log everything after the fact, then make it up in little bits each day.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

glad some of you are making progress

i managed to take a nice long walk today, so happy to have an ipod that will last the whole walk!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.