Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    Protein: Chicken, fish, and eggs for complete proteins (all 9 essential amino acids found in animal products.) Rice & beans also complete this amino acid chain for a complete protein. Carbohydrates: 1.) Apples, mangos, spinach, arugula, asparagus, spinach, carrots, (fruits/vegetables) 2.) Brown rice, whole wheat breads, potatoes. (Starches should be consumed pre-workout for instant energy but fruits and vegetables are most sustainable energy.) Fats: Avocados, coconut oil, almonds, peanut butter. (All should be used sparingly but for those trying to add muscle mass need to know that growth hormone is a fat soluble hormone that needs a fat to transport it to proper cites. And vitamins A, E, D, K are all fat soluble as well so they require some fat for them to enter your system.
    All very helpful info, thanks for posting chillz.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

wearing the bugg while I dance and checking the real time data on my phone is so motivating!! after every song I would look to see about how many calories I burned. easy songs are about 20 calories, medium about 35 calories and a difficult song with a fast beat can be as high as 60 calories! not to mention, it's a ton of fun

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

Wow, that's a huge deficit! You don't do that every day, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I was closer to 1200 calories consumed but bodybugg didn't have exact items. MFP gives me a budget of 1200 calories and bodybugg gives me 1500 so I typically try to end up somewhere in between. I do try to overshoot the 1000 calorie deficit that bodybugg recommends though. my goal is usually about 1200.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

That makes sense. MFP has meat 1200 net, too. I log my exercise calories and try to eat them back. Doesn't always happen, though.
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Anyone want to try the Hundred Push-ups Training Program? There's a group on MFP that's going to start on it tomorrow.

I'm going to give it a try. I've always sucked at push-ups. Would be cool to be able to do a hundred of them! My username for both is PriceK01, if anyone would like to add me.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i can't do one push-up, so i'm out. it's pathetic.

i was horrible this weekend. over-eating like whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i can't do one push-up, so i'm out. it's pathetic.

I can barely do one, as well. I hate having to say, "I can't do" anything. That's why I'm going to give it a try.

Don't worry too much about blowing it this weekend. One screw up won't negate everything you've done so far

Errant is right, one large indulgence won't make or break you. I've decided the weekends are my time to eat or drink what I like, and then during the weekdays I'll be 100% disciplined, with workouts 3x a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I went for longer walks this weekend which I would say were a success. I was able to to walk 2.2 miles in about 45 minutes without stopping due to any discomfort. I call that progress. I mostly ate right except on Saturday I went to some Food Truck fest in Scottsdale where I had a beer and some cheese curds. Then I had a couple of vodka drinks later but no biggie. I'm fully stocked on fruits, veggies and foods for a healthy balanced diet. I rode my bike to work today in the freezing cold as well.

Today I brought an apple, orange and banana to work for snacks and for lunch i'll be having a chicken breast and green beans. I cooked three chicken breasts and brought them to work so I have lunch prepared for the full week already.

I feel great. After my walk on Saturday I felt like I broke through my first wall by being able to walk that full distance without stopping as well. I'm curious to see how my lunch walk goes today, i'm wondering if there is an incline ever so slight in the road that makes it more difficult here or if it will be just as easy as it was this weekend.

I'm going to Idaho this weekend to visit some family and my sister said we are going to the gym. Today is day 12 of a 30 day challenge to do at least 20 minutes of exercise every day. I stumbled on one of the first couple of days but I made it up.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i physically can't do push-ups. my whole life. i have tendinitis in my right wrist. i get what y'all are saying, but no motivational speaking changes this

and way to go, faxy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

If you can't do a push-up either do knee push-ups, eccentric push-ups (negatives), or push-ups on a table or counter, in order to build up to a normal push-up.

P.S. Today is when coachella officially begins for me, it's mostly because I assume the line-up to come out either today or tomorrow but it's also just a good time. Three months.

I kept up my burn for the most part this weekend, but this was a total over indulgence weekend for me too. it was a girlfriend's birthday so we had a night of all you can eat sushi and drinks (followed by silly dancing). one day won't break me, so I'll just work extra hard this week!! I finally worked through the pains from my previous workouts and actually feel pretty good! it's nice to be able to get up from a chair without wincing in agony anymore lol.

I can't really do pushups either, but nike+ had me do as many as I could and I surprisingly managed to do 5! no where near able to do enough for a contest though!
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

The murder capital where we murder for capital

and way to go, faxy!!!
    Thanks, it feels great moving around and getting healthy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post

P.S. Today is when coachella officially begins for me, it's mostly because I assume the line-up to come out either today or tomorrow but it's also just a good time. Three months.
    That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Last year I started the week after valentine's day, this year a month earlier!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I walked 3.3 miles an hour ago.

I need to try imagining myself walking from my car at the polo fields, to the entrance, around the food court, and into the sahara next time.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Last year I started the week after valentine's day, this year a month earlier!
    They key to starting this early is pacing yourself and not burning out too early, it's a marathon not a sprint. It's about creating good habits and not cramming it in weeks before.

good advice Chill. I'm trying to set realistic goals in a realistic time. my workout buddy is also a coachella regular and both of us would love nothing more than to reach our goal weight in time for this coachella but it may not be realistic and we may just burn ourselves out instead. These are habits that should be in place well after coachella so I'm trying to set our goals as far off as coachella 2014 and beyond

I left a few calories unburned yesterday. I was about 200 calories short of my goal, but since I was so busy at work I didn't get a real lunch and just snacked on oranges and string cheese so I felt like could leave those calories unburned. I still had a deficit of just over 1000 though.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

The last 4-5 days have been hard for me. I am trying to focus more on my diet than anything else. Myfitnesspal says I should be around 1200 so I am going for that daily... but it is getting harder and harder. I keep reminding myself, this is a life style change... not a diet. ahhhhh help
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

MFP gives me 1200 calories too. bodybugg gives me 1500, so I try to land somewhere in between the two. you've already got the right mentality about it being a lifestyle change instead of a diet and you DEFINITELY have the motivation to drop a couple dress sizes for your wedding so I'm positive you'll get it all sorted out!!!

it's tough to be good when you're so busy though, I totally understand. a drive thru burger joint is always there when you need it and you don't have to shop for something and then cook it, but all that time saved is paid for in other ways.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

If we're going to eat fast-food, we have to go inside and get it. NO DRIVE-THRU! It's different in there, and most times we don't want to go in. It has helped us, hope it can help some of you.

MFP Gives me 1200 as well. I thought that was because I am so short (5'1) how tall are you ladies?

I also started using a "fitbit one" http://www.fitbit.com/one

Its basically a fancy pedometer. I am a total nerd and I love graphs and charts and things that track my progress. It shows you - Steps, stairs, calories burned, and distance. At night it tracks how long you've slept and how many times you wake up in the night... I don't know exactly how accurate that part is because its based on movement and I don't think that just because you're moving that it means you are awake. Anyways its nice to see what you have done in a day. I sit in an office all day , I average 2,000-3,000 steps. A "normal and Healthy" person takes 10,000 steps a day, which equals to 3mi. - 5mi. a day. It reminds me to get off my ass when I get off work so I guess its helping. Oh and the part that I think is super neat-o is that the fitbit syncs to MFP - so if you burn calories it syncs to MFP and will give you calories back. I think its important to eat back some of your calories.. not all but atleast a few.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I'm 5'9.

I deal with a lot of people the use the fitbit and they all seem to love it. it's not all that accurate, but it's much better than guessing! I like that it integrates with some of the partner sites too. that's why I want to get one of the bodybugg by bodymedia armbands instead of the one that I have now.

I don't really eat back my calories, but MFp says you should. bodybugg and some of our other fitness apps don't encourage it, but they also don't frown on it. I think it depends on what your goals are. if you're trying to lose weight, I think it's counterintuitive to eat your calories back as long as you are eating your meal plan or staying in budget. if you're trying to bulk up or work on core strength or even toning up, then I think eating your calories back makes sense.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I am 6'4. A lot of people seem to think 1200 is a little low for me, which I kind of agree with... Then again, I don't really work out much because of my schedule... so idk
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

My exercise in 2013 has so far consisted of:

- Riding on a friend's bicycle handlebars for 2 miles, abs flexed the entire time (drank 2 pitchers of beer immediately following)

- Half of a pull-up, followed by 3 shots of tequila.

I suppose my current aim is to ween the drinking aspect of my fitness regiment down somewhat.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Yea the eating your calories back is always something I go back and forth with. I have heard (which I am sure you have as well) that you should eat back your calories so you don't go into "starvation mode" which leads you to store fat instead of burning it. I really have no clue what is right. I usually work out at night and I have been doing 4-6 miles of steady jogging and that takes me about an hour and half, then I do some hoop dancing and some toning. After a 2 hr work out I am usually hungry so I will eat a quest bar or have some yogurt or something. If i burn 700 calories I never go home and try to eat those back.. I just have a snack so I am no longer hungry. Btw if you guys have not had a quest bar, I HIGHLY recommend - best protein bar with the least amount of sugar and net carbs.. they are FANTASTIC and taste great!

http://www.questproteinbar.com/?gcli...FaGPPAodlB8APA
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

if you're eating your plan and taking in what you should be, your body shouldn't go into starvation mode unless you're doing some pretty extreme workouts. my workouts are still just 90-120 minutes of dancing with dance central 3. with the bodybugg, I can tell that it burns about 500 calories an hour as long as I stay active between songs.

i'm not a big fan of protein bars, but it's probably because my main exposure to them are expired apex bars that we put out in the breakroom lol
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

I was never really a fan of them either and they always seemed to have crappy ingredients, my boyfriend suggested I try these and I really do love them.

MFP also has me at 1200 calories. I'm 5'10" and people tell me that's too low, but it really doesn't feel like it. I do try to eat back most of my burned calories, though, just to be safe. Trying to figure out my BMR and TDEE from the different calculators out there gives me wildly varying results, so I'm just going to stick with what I'm doing for now.

It doesn't feel to low for me, either. I only get into trouble when I drink more calories that I need to be... If I stick to water and calorie free drinks 1200 is plenty for me.