Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

I haven't used myfitnesspal but I am thinking about setting up my bodybugg again. as you know I work for 24 hour in the IT department and one of my main things that I work on is the bodybugg so I can hook myself up with a freebie (anyone else use it?). it's not as good as some of the others on the market but it helps to get a better idea of your calorie intake and burn so that you can get the ideal deficit for weight loss.
    Our mutual friend ALWAYS has hers on and I want one SO bad, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I really want one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Thank you! I hate to admit it, but I literally can't tell one bit of difference. It makes me so mad. When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up? Walking is a really good idea, and IDK why I didn't even think about it. I am going to start walking on my lunch break, it is at least something, though IDK how many calories I will actually burn. Better than nothing!

I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it. I need something to keep me going. I am so sick of the way I look. I feel disgusting and it is driving me nuts. I see pictures of myself and I am embarrassed.
    walking at work is an easy way to burn roughly 70-100 calories (depends on weigh, how fast you go, etc.). i keep a pair of sneakers at work. and myfitnesspal is a free calorie and exercise tracker i learned about in the old fitchella thread. i like having friends on there; seeing them log-in below their calorie goal tends to motivate me

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Ivy, if you search full figure sports bras on just about any sports good or bra/underwear site, you'll find lots of options. You may have to order online and try on at home, there aren't many stores that sell larger cup size sports bras at all, and those that do tend to have more the type you've posted.

Here's some examples:
    http://www.barenecessities.com/Sport...7,style,31.htm
    http://www.freshpair.com/womens/bras.../size-34F.html

A lot of them look like the "elastic band" type but will have a closure in the back rather than being pull-on.
    thank you!!! i was on bare necessities last night

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I'm starting a 30 day challenge of 20 minutes of exercise a day. I will star with walking. I hope to start walking to work on Monday until it gets warm and then I will switch to biking. It's about a 1.5 mile walk each way. Walking brings great pain again. I'm probably around 290 at this point. I will be grocery shopping this weekend as well so I stop eating out!
    good luck, faxy! walking 20 minutes a day is generally my goal. i know you can do it!!! on a warmer, less-windy day, we should hike n' brunch again!

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds! and since I worked a bunch of shifts to make some of that extra holiday money I always felt really rushed and just grabbed 'quick and easy' food instead of 'good for me' food. I'm not one for new year's resolutions, but I just want to get back on track to where I was a few months ago before I was in and out of the hospital.
    being busy makes it so hard to eat right! best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Our mutual friend ALWAYS has hers on and I want one SO bad, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I really want one though.
    I got your back

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    being busy makes it so hard to eat right! best of luck
    so true. but thankfully those days are behind me at least until summer so it's time to get back into good habits

I bought a new computer desk a couple months ago, and it's still sitting in a box. the box just so happens to be where my treadmill is so I haven't been able to use it in ages. everyone tells me to just walk/run outside, but there's something about watching mindless television while I walk.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 01-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Ivy, I just signed up! hehe
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

I find walking outdoors to be immensely better for me than a treadmill. I like to get my lazy on when I watch a movie or tv show, and I like to get fresh air and see the sights when I walk around. There're also a ton of great places to hike near Coachella once that gets a bit closer.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    good luck, faxy! walking 20 minutes a day is generally my goal. i know you can do it!!! on a warmer, less-windy day, we should hike n' brunch again!
    Thanks. I know I can do it too but i'm sooo lazy. I'm definitely interested in hiking again. With any luck i'll be capable in about 6 weeks. I'm beyond frustrated as i've been battling weight my whole life. I need to just relax and do it. Darn vicious cycle of eating bad and having no energy to exercise.

What time of day do you like walking the most?

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

I prefer walking in place at night when it's around 42 degrees out, smoking an entire pack of cigarettes.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I find walking outdoors to be immensely better for me than a treadmill. I like to get my lazy on when I watch a movie or tv show, and I like to get fresh air and see the sights when I walk around. There're also a ton of great places to hike near Coachella once that gets a bit closer.
    I can't watch shows that require concentration, but news, reality television (which I otherwise despise) or a repeat of a sitcom I've seen help to take my mind off that fact that I'm working out. I think it's because I still think of it as a chore...
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Anytime between dusk and dawn is great, especially around 3 am when the world is all but dead. Crisp air, empty streets, moon-lit sidewalks, an absence of consumerism.... real magic. No wonder demons and ninjas prefer the dark.

I have a stationary bike, which was wonderful for cycling while watching crap TV shows, but I don't have any room for it now because my record collection has taken up all the free space in my living room... :/

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I can't watch shows that require concentration, but news, reality television (which I otherwise despise) or a repeat of a sitcom I've seen help to take my mind off that fact that I'm working out. I think it's because I still think of it as a chore...
    I'm a big fan of music while I walk. I didn't even know I could sing until I started walking regularly with my cd player (years ago when we were all younger, and cooler, and had cd players). When I would use my mom's treadmill back then, I would have to watch MTV (you and me baby ain't nothin but mammals was big around that time lol). Sometimes the music gets kind of old, and you have to resort to actually thinking. I'll let you decide whether that's a good or bad thing haha

I wake up at 5am for work as it is, so waking up any earlier is nearly impossible. I tend to workout between 8 and 9 after I've relaxed a little bit and had dinner and before my evening shower.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I don't have a preference. Lunch hour is fun because there are people around to see me huffing, puffing, waddling (literally) and then the painful look on my face when I need to rest for a minute before carrying on.

I made it .8 miles before the numness in the lower back and pain above the ankles caused me to stop. I rested for about 2 minutes and then walked back. Then I had to stop again a block away. This pain nonsense goes away after I do this for a few weeks. An early goal for me is to walk to and from work (just over 3 miles round trip) and walk on lunch hour while drinking more water and starting to change poor eating habits.

1.5 miles in 25 minutes. I paused the timer for the 2 stops I made. It was about 48 degrees and I was still sweating at the end of it.

I like to start my diet at least a couple weeks before I get heavy into physical training of any sort. That way the body has had time to lose a couple pounds or so, which makes the job that much easier. I ought to go back to working construction, really. Avoiding meat, and working construction got me into the best shape of my life. Had me climbing walls n' shit. Biking can be pretty fun too, if you know where to go. Try biking up a steep grade until you can't bike any farther, then sit back and enjoy the downhill you just earned =) After a week or two of doing this every other day or so (every day, after you do it for so long), you'll see your progress. Once you get comfortable walking that 1.5, try adding jogging into the walk. It all adds up!

Well, I am walking on my break today! You guys motivated me to get out of the office and get some shit done!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I hate gyms so I just bought a ski pass the other day. I'm shooting to go 3-4 times a week for at least 3 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I'm just a young, decently built bro. I am currently 205 lbs, 6'3". Definitely looking to add some muscle for chella this year. Tired of having a mini gut too. Time to drink some brotein and hit the weights with all the NYresolution turds.

Well, I am walking on my break today! You guys motivated me to get out of the office and get some shit done!

I need to follow Ivy's lead and keep some sneakers here at work. I want to go for a walk but I wore heels today!
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Once you get comfortable walking that 1.5, try adding jogging into the walk. It all adds up!
    Good point on the starting the diet first, i'm definitely doing things backwards a little this time. I tend to do great when I kickstart things low carb and then slowly add a balanced diet. I was on a roll for about 7 months in 2011. I was jogging in the morning before work, walking at lunch and hiking after work. If I remember correctly my best treadmill workout was 18 minutes at 5.5 mph without stopping. That's a fast jog for me as i'm short. At the time I was 5'7 255 pounds after starting at 300 even. I had it going pretty good, I was even exercising on vacation, hotel gyms in Vegas, hiking in Hollywood with friends etc. So I at least know what i'm capable of and what I can get back to.

Got a kettlebell for Christmas, and just hit the gym last night for the first time in about a month. Not for chella, just for life. Whatever it my be, I'm glad some of you are finding motivation. For those that aren't, the buddy system seems very beneficial for many. Sure that's been covered, so goo luck to everyone.

And fuck that kettlebell, it's kicking my ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Got a kettlebell for Christmas, and just hit the gym last night for the first time in about a month. Not for chella, just for life. Whatever it my be, I'm glad some of you are finding motivation. For those that aren't, the buddy system seems very beneficial for many. Sure that's been covered, so goo luck to everyone.

And fuck that kettlebell, it's kicking my ass!!
    Kettlebells are credited. They help build solid foundational strength. I have a 40lb that I use for a ton of shit. I finally got my gym membership, but I'll definitely use the bell here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I hate gyms so I just bought a ski pass the other day. I'm shooting to go 3-4 times a week for at least 3 hours.
    Just went snowboarding and my legs are on fire.

It was a great workout, and I was able to drink and smoke a lil ganja while doing it.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Just went snowboarding and my legs are on fire.

It was a great workout, and I was able to drink and smoke a lil ganja while doing it.
    Defeats the purpose but I am always guilty of that as well haha. It's nice to loosen up on the hills
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Just got back from my walk. I feel great! Kicked my ass. I went a but was goign fast the whole time. yay

^good job!
    2012 2013 2014

Fitchella doesn't officially start for me till line up comes out but I'm hoping and praying that my knee tendonitis doesn't flare up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    It's nice to loosen up on the hills
    Word.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

smoking and having a little sip of the glenlivet helps push me to go faster on the slopes, i like it

and my new sports bra is fabulous, hooray! i literally could only find one brand of bra in the entire mall to try on; and there's like three sporty shops like lululemon and shit. fuck those bitches. i got a wacoal sport underwire. it's cute in a dark pink colour so it doesn't look like a granny bra, and you can adjust the straps in the back with hooks instead of those pull things that always wear out. i felt much more confident on the elliptical right next to the hottie on the treadmill today. so glad i pushed myself to get on there today, i've been slacking on my pimping this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Do any of the serious lifters on here use weightlifting straps or hooks? I do all my cardio (HIIT) at the gym, but save all my weightlifting for home exclusively using select-tech dumbbells. I use gloves when lifting, but in the last few months I've come to a point at which I am lifting a significant amount of weight. There are many reasons why dumbbells are great for weightlifting but one of the downsides is that when you start lifting a significant amount of weight you end up putting a great deal of stress on your hands and wrists and forearms even when those are not the muscles being targeted in the specific exercises (ex: deadlifts).

I'm at a point now at which at about 3/4 of the way into a workout (especially on back days) I'm struck with "grip fatigue". At that point the muscles that I'm supposed to be working with those particular exercises still have the capacity to work out but my hands are so over strained from holding the dumbbells that they can no longer grip. I do exercises for the forearms wrists and hands and I've been told I have a pretty strong grip. I'm looking for anyone who has experience using weightlifting straps or hooks. Cheers!

(Oh, and, excuse any typos. Had to use Siri for most of this Message and she doesn't always recognize my accent)