Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

It takes time yes, but I don't necessarily think one should get a beast if one can't spend time with it. Most people I've met with out of control dogs are the ones who can't spend time with them. Dogs that can walk without leash and listen to their owner obediently are usually ones that have an owner who spends a lot of time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    It takes time yes, but I don't necessarily think one should get a beast if one can't spend time with it. Most people I've met with out of control dogs are the ones who can't spend time with them. Dogs that can walk without leash and listen to their owner obediently are usually ones that have an owner who spends a lot of time with them.
    We have both our dogs off leash now, and it's been a result of 2 hours a day at the dog park, every day, and training and time. We haven't paid for a trainer but we made the time. But I work at home - that really helps. So when people work full time and don't have the flexibility in their schedule, bringing in help can be a good thing. It's the responsible thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I've been traveling so much for work during the election season. Time to get back on the wagon here. Just got the new iPhone. Any fitness apps you guys like? Any HIIT apps?

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    I've been traveling so much for work during the election season. Time to get back on the wagon here. Just got the new iPhone. Any fitness apps you guys like? Any HIIT apps?
    I like Sparkpeople.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

hi everyone, i hope you are all keeping fit

i'm back on the wagon. three surgeries later and i finally feel pretty normal. i'm still doing physical therapy. it's amazing how certain parts of the body affect other parts of the body. we are focusing on strengthening my legs/butt/abs so that i can put less strain on my hip. along with my abdomen pain, my hip flexor is kinda fucked. i have missed stretching and was afraid to do it before surgery. i've had lower back problems on the same side, so i wonder if it's related to the hip.

i am hoping to start yoga again this week. my girlfriend also talked me into buying a living social deal for 10 fitness ballet sessions. i'm so excited. ballet was perfect for me as a little girl. though i sucked at it, being pigeon toed and klutzy meant this helped me build strength and poise. i hope i can keep up with it, but i probably won't start until the end of the month or december since i'm still getting my energy back up.

i have been walking. not as long as i'd like, but i'm doing it. i lost a bunch of weight after vomiting daily for over five months. but i gained it all back in one week of eating crap and laying around. i'm doing better about watching what i eat now that i'm back at work.

my goal is to lose close to 10 pounds by the end of the year. let's do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Ran the Savannah Half-Marathon last weekend, my first. Finished in 1:55:35, which I'm satisfied with. I wanted to finish in under two hours, and now I've got a solid target for the Atlanta Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving Day.

In weight loss news, the good news is that I'm 15 pounds lighter than I was a year ago at this time. The bad news is that I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was in April at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

I've lost 30 lbs since June. Now that I have reached my weight loss goal, I have had a hard time transitioning from the low calorie diet that got me here to something better suited for maintaining my current weight and possibly bulking up. I'm pretty set in my workout routine, but the nutrition part is very confusing to me.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

congratulations!!! i wish i had your problem and that i could help. keep up the good work!

i just got back from a long walk and got on the stationary bike and hula-hooped for the first time in awhile. i've been doing my PT stretches every day and i'm noticing a difference.

i've found that trying to divide my calories out equally through the day is a frustrating experience. instead i eat a tiny breakfast and lunch and save my calories for dinner. it seems to be working and i'm not starving. life is good.

what are some lower calorie wines? i tend to like red or white sauvignon. malbecs and pinot noirs are good too. i've been on more of a red kick lately though. i'm not a fan of pino grigio. thanks

also, it was nice taking the health assessment at work and realizing i weigh ten pounds less than this time last year. while that's not a lot, for someone who has been through two surgeries since then, i think that's pretty good!!!

keep up the good work everyone, i know this weekend will be rough!

lost five more pounds. finally broke down and bought a digital scale. i've been good about logging into myfitnesspal every day too. physical therapy is getting to be a lot more difficult which is good. no matter how hard i try to do things correctly though, my back has been bugging me. i hope that goes away because it makes me not want to do my therapy at home. also i discovered the best late night craving snack, there these sugar-free gelatin packs that are only 10 calories.

Down to 168lbs (6’2” height). Lowest in years and years. “Skeleton, skeleton loveee”.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I think I'm going to lose seven pounds in the next week without doing a drop of exercise just to prove a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Slater burger, bacon mac and cheese balls, a beer, crepes suzette, a glass of muscat, and a cup of decaf for dinner.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

you fat bastard =P

i've lost 2 more pounds since my last weigh-in the other day, w00t!

Nothing like the good ol' stomach flu to kick start your weight loss. Comes out both ways.

squat a thon.jpg

I am doing this for the month of December. The 100 number days are going to suck but hope there will be payoff!

Are these just standing squats or squats against a wall?

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

I'm doing just standing squats, but trying to take it slow and squeeze with each one.

Nice.

last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

some of that is similar to my physical therapy. it's amazing how much i've let myself go from the days of ballet and gymnastics. i'm not doing squats, but rather plee-ays (however you spell that) to work on my hip. i'm starting adult ballet this week though!

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i'm starting adult ballet this week though!
    That sounds like SO much fun! I wish I could do that.

i hope it's fun. i remember ballet as being hell lol. you spend half an hour at the bar and half an hour doing "ballet fitness", whatever that means. i'm just happy i don't have to wear a leotard, pink tights, and a perfect bun anymore.

I've been trying to do that every morning before I get ready for work or every night before I get ready for bed and so far I've been pretty good about it. I also bought an Xbox 360 to replace my broken one so that I can use my kinect and dance/zumba (zumba is HAAARD!!!). Adult ballet sounds fun!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Was on the stairmaster last night. Must be 10 or 11 of them in a row. All of them are vacant except for mine. An elderly Korean woman hops on the one directly to my left and spends the next 20 minutes on the machine staring at me. I mean, right at me in an unending and creepy gaze. I thought I was imagining it or that she was just looking at the tv to my right, but I turned at one point and sure enough she was staring directly at me. Making eye contact and smiling did not dissuade her one bit, either. Soon as I got off, she turned her gaze to the tv in front of her. Have to say, I was exhausted yesterday and thought about getting off the machine before my 30 mins was up, but having Mrs. Kim's eagle eye on me caused me to break through that wall.

I have been substitute teaching Zumba classes for my instructor when she's away, and I have two classes to teach this week. If I can just get my diet under control i'm hoping the squat-a-thon mixed with Zumba 3-4 x weekly will get me leaner/toned for the new year. But I'd like to look into whether adult ballet is offered around here.

Was on the stairmaster last night. Must be 10 or 11 of them in a row. All of them are vacant except for mine. An elderly Korean woman hops on the one directly to my left and spends the next 20 minutes on the machine staring at me. I mean, right at me in an unending and creepy gaze. I thought I was imagining it or that she was just looking at the tv to my right, but I turned at one point and sure enough she was staring directly at me. Making eye contact and smiling did not dissuade her one bit, either. Soon as I got off, she turned her gaze to the tv in front of her. Have to say, I was exhausted yesterday and thought about getting off the machine before my 30 mins was up, but having Mrs. Kim's eagle eye on me caused me to break through that wall.

And once again, Mrs. Kim would fail to seduce a stranger with her longing gaze

that is so bizarre. maybe she was challenging you to a staring contest and you were failing miserably.

good luck with your search, thatgirl!

I am still working on training my dog on her leash. She does well on very short distances, but we are nowhere near good enough for me to get any amount of exercise myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I am still working on training my dog on her leash. She does well on very short distances, but we are nowhere near good enough for me to get any amount of exercise myself.
    Are you using the start/stop method when she pulls? How long do you walk her for?