Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Default Re: Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    And aren't the first few pounds the easiest to lose?
    for me its always the hardest...motivation is key and i def dont have any to start losing so that may be why its hardest for me...

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    So, you can eat more because it's NOT vegetable soup? Go on...
    apparently you have a hard time reading too....not "JUST" vegetable soup...

Day One:

Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two:

Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:

Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.

Day Four:

Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:

Beef And Tomatoes: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for beef on one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:

Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart’s content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:

Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.

I've been doing well for myself. I've kept my post-Coachella weight in check and that's usually when I start to fall off the wagon. Been sitting on my ass less at night and working out in the morning.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by bettycarolyn View Post
    apparently you have a hard time reading too...."JUST"
    howabout you read into it and shut up
    She sounds a lil irritable.... must be from eating nothing but vegetable soup for a week.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

must be from stupidity trolling allover

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I've been doing well for myself. I've kept my post-Coachella weight in check and that's usually when I start to fall off the wagon. Been sitting on my ass less at night and working out in the morning.
    Way to go... I know we can't really complain with the way the rest of the country's heat wave has been going, but its been warmer out here in L.A. this past week. Really demotivational. We're starting to cool off a bit so I need to get myself back on check.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

You're right. That looks healthy AND smart.

EAT AS MUCH BEEF AS YOU CAN, Y'ALL
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

stupidity
    all you can eat irony
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    Being single again is great motivation. Working out like im tranining for Rio 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Started a new workout routine on Monday. Lifting 4 days a week with basketball, indoor soccer, hikes, and swimming thrown in there.
    When you guys get a chance post your routines in here. I've been doing the following routine that I found on the bodybuilding forum:

A Simple beginner's Routine
    You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive day. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
    The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
    The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
    The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
    The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
    If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
    Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
    I just finished my 11 rep, Cycle 2, light day (9th week) of the program and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll start my test day on Sunday and if I pass I'll be increasing my wieght on some lifts by 30lbs from where I began. That's 30lbs gains in 2.5 months.
    Last edited by Mr. Fuzz; 08-16-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

attaboy!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    And aren't the first few pounds the easiest to lose?
    for me its always the hardest...motivation is key and i def dont have any to start losing so that may be why its hardest for me...
    I think the first few pounds are the easiest to lose, but I can see why someone would think they are hard to lose. Motivating yourself to lose those first few pounds can be tough but once you step on the scale and see the number dropping or once those jeans that were getting tight start to feel lose it helps to motivate you and confirms that you're doing the right thing.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    I just finished my 11 rep, Cycle 2, light day (9th week) of the program and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll start my test day on Sunday and if I pass I'll be increasing my wieght on some lifts by 30lbs from where I began. That's 30lbs gains in 2.5 months.
    Great work...

Do you work on your ab section? One area you use regardless of what workout you're doing is your abs.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I think the first few pounds are the easiest to lose, but I can see why someone would think they are hard to lose. Motivating yourself to lose those first few pounds can be tough but once you step on the scale and see the number dropping or once those jeans that were getting tight start to feel lose it helps to motivate you and confirms that you're doing the right thing.
    Its the plateau you have to worry about. Thats when alot of people get frustrated because they don't see a difference in the scale. As much of a measuring stick as the weight scale is, its also one of the biggest anchors in weight loss.

^so true.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    Great work...

Do you work on your ab section? One area you use regardless of what workout you're doing is your abs.
    Yes, every other day I do cardio and abs. Yesterday morning, my rest day, I ran 2 miles plus did two sets of 50 sit ups. This workout really taxes your entire body but my routine is as follows:

Sun - Lift (Heavy)
    Mon - Cycle class
    Tues - Lift (Med.)
    Wed - Run + Abs
    Thurs - Lift (Light)
    Fri - Run + Abs
    Sat - Rest or Ride or Run = )

Went to a tribe anniversary about 9-10 weeks ago and haven't had a cigarette since, doing way more hikes and have better lung capacity than a 20 year old. Starting to do a meditation/yoga/dance "temple" and holy shit did my abs get worked from the first session. Gorgeous ladies in the class being stable at jaw dropping positions is also great motivation to stick with this plan.

I ran 2 miles in just under 17 mins and did 2 sets of sit ups this am. Tomorrow I'm going for a 30 mile ride outside. I'm gearing up for a Hercules and Love Affair make up date at Coachella 2013. You know, so I can boogie down in the Sahara with my shirt off.

"boogie down"

I just bought a jump rope. it's either going to help me with cardio or I'm going to kill myself in a bizarre accident because of my two left feet.
    2012 2013 2014

I just bought a jump rope. it's either going to help me with cardio or I'm going to kill myself in a bizarre accident because of my two left feet.
    Skipping rope using the proper technique is unbelievably tough. But it is a wicked workout. Have you ever done any boxing/sparring exercise, with a trainer? That whips you into shape in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I've never done any boxing or sparring but one of my girlfriends regularly jumps rope as part of her workout and she suggested it to me. She also said it helps to tone your legs and butt, so I figured it was worth a try. I'm currently only doing cardio workouts while I establish a routine, but eventually I'll add a bit of strength training and work on my core.
    2012 2013 2014

can anybody give me some suggestions on how to i guess take care of your back before a weekend festival? i have scoliosis in two places and the only thing running through my mind before a wicked festy weekend is my back and how much its going to affect me...which sucks cuz all i wanna think about is the actual show and who im going to see! anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions on some stretching techniques before concerts/festivals?

believe it or not, hamstring stretches do wonders for sore backs even if it's something like scoliosis.
    2012 2013 2014

believe it or not, hamstring stretches do wonders for sore backs even if it's something like scoliosis.
    thanks

can anybody give me some suggestions on how to i guess take care of your back before a weekend festival? i have scoliosis in two places and the only thing running through my mind before a wicked festy weekend is my back and how much its going to affect me...which sucks cuz all i wanna think about is the actual show and who im going to see! anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions on some stretching techniques before concerts/festivals?
    I stretch my liver and lungs before festivals.

I'm starting to wonder if being thin was just a phase and that I'll always be fat. I hate having tits.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

nice sepa....fucking idiot

I have been going to 6am bootcamp classes at the park next to my house for a couple weeks now. They are kicking my ass. But it's good for me. And I like that they are first thing in the morning because then I don't have any excuse to skip.

How are you all doing with your fitchella plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    How are you all doing with your fitchella plans?
    I put 5 of the 30 pounds that I lost due to my health issues back on, but I still consider that progress overall and expected it since I was so dehydrated. I'll be in New York and Philly for 3 weeks starting next week and if I can come home at the same weight or just a few pounds heavier I'll be very content. if I can come home a few pounds lighter, I'll be ecstatic!
    2012 2013 2014

I'm also 5 lbs up the 30 lbs I lost 1.5 years ago. I'm determined to lose it again before the new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.