Thread: I'll Be Your Mirror - Melbourne

Default I'll Be Your Mirror - Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Default Re: I'll Be Your Mirror - Melbourne

Coachella?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

No.

Great to see MBV playing more shows next year This line up is fuckin awesome so far...

9/16 Seth Troxler @ Standard
    9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

It'll probably get moved to New Zealand.

NICE!
    Because fucking millenials that's what

my bloody valentine, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Beasts Of Bourbon, Einstürzende Neubauten, Swans, The Dead C, Lost Animal, Thee Oh Sees, Harmony, HTRK, Sleepy Sun, Cam Butler & The Shadows of Love, Standish/Carlyon + many more!

bold not on the poster.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Good god....

ATP announce second group of additions to their special Australian event...

I'LL BE YOUR MIRROR MELBOURNE
    curated by ATP & The Drones

February 16th & 17th 2013 at
    Westgate Entertainment Centre and Grand Star Reception, Altona, Melbourne, Victoria

Pere Ubu performing 'The Modern Dance',
    Crime And The City Solution (1st Aus show in over 20 years!),
    Kev Carmody, Oren Ambarchi, Ben Frost, Dan Kelly Dream Band, The Stickmen,
    My Disco, Civil Civic, New War, Don Walker & Strangers From Now On added!

Last few Weekend Passes & Sunday Passes On Sale Now via
    www.ATPFestival.com
    Saturday Day Passes Sold Out!

Described as the "ultimate mix tape", All Tomorrow's Parties is a boutique festival that goes against the grain of the larger, more commercial music festivals - with quality and customer experience coming first - presenting award winning sound and acclaimed organisation.

ATP confirmed late last year that they will return in February for a very special I'll Be Your Mirror event in Melbourne. Acting as sister events to the ATP Festivals which usually take place in holiday resorts, I'll Be Your Mirror is a series of artist curated music, film and art events taking place in cities worldwide, launched by ATP in 2011. IBYM is ATP without the accommodation aspect and is named after the b-side to The Velvet Underground's original All Tomorrow's Parties 7" single.

The Saturday of the event is curated by ATP and is headlined by the mighty my bloody valentine playing their first Australasian show since 1991 and Godspeed You! Black Emperor (playing their first ever Australasian show) plus many more. The Sunday is curated and headlined by Australian natives The Drones alongside the original line-up of Beasts Of Bourbon, the first Australian show since 1991 from Einstürzende Neubauten and many more.

Saturday Day Tickets sold out in one day. Less than 100 Weekend Passes are left available, with Sunday Day Tickets selling fast.

New Additions Joining The Line-Up:

Joining the ATP curated Saturday line-up of my bloody valentine (UK), Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Canada), Swans (USA), The Dead C (New Zealand), HTRK (Australia), Thee Oh Sees (USA), Sleepy Sun (USA) and Standish/Carlyon (Australia/UK) are...

OREN AMBARCHI (Australia) is a composer and multi-instrumentalist with longstanding interests in transcending conventional instrumental approaches. His work focuses mainly on the exploration of the guitar; he has collaborated with Sunn O))), Boris and many others. An ATP favourite, we're very happy to add him to our day.

Influenced as much by Classical Minimalism as by Punk Rock and Metal, BEN FROST's (Australia) throbbing guitar-based textures emerge from nothing and slowly coalesce into huge, forbidding forms that often eschew conventional structures in favor of the inevitable unfoldings of vast mechanical systems.

Formed in 2009 by guitarist Aaron Cupples and bass mangler Ben Green, CIVIL CIVIC (Australia) also include ‘The Box’, their drum machine/light show/robot sidekick. The band quickly manifested itself as a two-part human, one-part machine, three-piece instrumental act, it didn’t take long for them to get noticed.

NEW WAR (Australia), blooming from their own strange corner of Melbourne, have spent the last couple of years simmering in their own alchemy, plotting. Featuring former members of cult bands Shoplifting, Bird Blobs & Sir, they have quietly amassed a loyal audience, sharing the stage with the likes of Wire, Gossip, Laughing Clowns & Jandek, all on word of mouth.

Formed in early 2010 in Melbourne, STRANGERS FROM NOW ON (Australia) began as a collaboration between vocalist Gabriel Santos’ theatrical and lyrically focused songwriting and Aidan Kelly’s guitar sound; a combination of atmospheric swirling and screaming noise and lead lines that roll with a kind of drunken precision. Their songs are equally haunting and beautiful, snap changes move from tense whispers to violent shrieks.

----------

Joining Sunday curators The Drones and their previous choices Beasts Of Bourbon (Australia), Einstuerzende Neubauten (Germany), Lost Animal (Australia), Harmony (Australia) and Cam Butler & The Shadows Of Love (Australia) are...

PERE UBU (USA) burst upon the scene in 1975 and changed the face of music. For over 35 years they’ve defined the art of cult; refined the voice of the outsider; and influenced the likes of Joy Division, Pixies, Husker Du, Henry Rollins, REM, the Sisters of Mercy, Thomas Dolby, Bauhaus, Julian Cope and countless others. Pere Ubu make a music that is a disorienting mix of midwestern riff rock, “found” sound, analog synthesizers, falling-apart song structures and careening vocals. It is a mix that has mesmerized critics, other musicians and fans ever since. They will be performing their classic debut album The Modern Dance in full - one day shy of the 35th anniversary of it's release - as part of this special appearance!

CRIME AND THE CITY SOLUTION (Australia) recently announced details of their first tour in over 20 years, following the release of An Introduction To... Crime & the City Solution – Berlin 1987 - 1991. This retrospective will be followed by a new album, American Twilight. Recorded in Detroit, this will be Crime & the City Solution’s first studio album since 1990’s Paradise Discotheque. This latest incarnation of the band will feature Berlin era members Simon Bonney (vocals), Bronwyn Adams (violin) and Alexander Hacke (guitar), and will be joined by renowned visual artist Danielle de Picciotto, Jim White (drums, The Dirty Three), David Eugene Edwards (guitar, 16 Horsepower / Wovenhand), Troy Gregory (bass, The Dirtbombs / Swans / Spiritualised) and Matthew Smith (keyboards).

KEV CARMODY (Australia) is a singer-songwriter, highly respected as an advocate of Indigenous Australia’s oral tradition of teaching and learning through storytelling. Considering himself a “conduit of stories”, Kev has collaborated with many Australian music icons. More recently, some of Australia’s most celebrated musicians have come together to record some of Kev’s songs; the Cannot Buy My Soul album and concerts spreading the wisdom, common-sense and evocative message in Kev’s music to a wider audience.

DON WALKER (Australia) has been mapping Australia through his songs, from Kings Cross to “regional towns – maybe the race-track end of things – and the spaces between”, for thirty years, through solo albums and shows, a couple of albums with Tex Don and Charlie, back to his youth as a member of Cold Chisel. His most recent solo album, Cutting Back, was released by Warners in 2006, and was followed in 2009 by his first book, Shots and a live album in 2011.

THE STICKMEN (Australia) emerged from Hobart’s iconic music scene of the 90s and with their unique brand of frenetic psychedelic surf/noise rock forged a reputation as one of the great live acts of the time. They released two innovative albums before splitting in 1999 dissolving into obscurity. They now reform to play “I’ll Be Your Mirror” Altona 2013.

DAN KELLY (Australia) moved south to Melbourne in the late 90s, having spent an itinerant youth labouring on Queensland farms and dreaming of better days as an itinerant, 20-something musician. His reputation as a writer and singer of rare talent quietly spread through music circles on the strength of a homemade demo and ever-compelling live performances. He will perform with his DREAM BAND feat. members of Augie March and Ground Components.

Founded in 2003, MY DISCO (Australia) have spent nearly a decade defining and refining their sound in a way that defies rock music's most enduring tropes. Each new album finds them subtracting a little more, applying minimalist instincts to relentless, stripped-bare post-punk grooves. The result is a hypnotic, almost subconscious body music that lives and breathes with the persistent repetition of a heartbeat and the menacing precision of a sniper.

Here is how each day is currently looking with DJs and more to be added:

Saturday February 16th curated by ATP

my bloody valentine
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Swans
    The Dead C
    Oren Ambarchi
    Ben Frost
    HTRK
    Thee Oh Sees
    Sleepy Sun
    Civil Civic
    New War
    Standish/Carlyon
    Strangers From Now On

Sunday February 17th curated by The Drones

The Drones
    Beasts Of Bourbon (original line-up)
    Einstürzende Neubauten
    Pere Ubu performing 'The Modern Dance'
    Crime And The City Solution
    Kev Carmody
    Dan Kelly Dream Band
    The Stickmen
    Don Walker
    My Disco
    Lost Animal
    Harmony
    Cam Butler & The Shadows Of Love

9/16 Seth Troxler @ Standard
    9/17 Ty Segall @ Webster
    9/18 Kode 9 @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Swans, GYBE and MBV on the same day would be most insane, but I got a feeling at least two of them would conflict. Some pretty good adds there.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.