Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

Default Re: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    compared to HARD's...they don't, they also throw a lot more events than HARD, yet HARD still has less changes in their lineups
    I've been to all 4 Hard haunted mansions and two hard summers and have had 6 completely different musical experiences. There is some overlap, but I find that the ones that haven't played are usually the better sets.Also, Justice, Boys Noize and soulwax/2manydj's can play as many times as they wan for all I care.

looks like i might end up at this. you can find in the discotheque

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I've been to all 4 Hard haunted mansions and two hard summers and have had 6 completely different musical experiences. There is some overlap, but I find that the ones that haven't played are usually the better sets.Also, Justice, Boys Noize and soulwax/2manydj's can play as many times as they wan for all I care.
    look at the lineups for every hard event over the last year and a half...its starting to get wayy too similar, theres always the same good people surrounded by owsla garbage, dirtybird, diplo moombahton stuff, etc

Not arguing, just saying that there is always enough quality to make it worth it for me. Some of it may be repeats from a year or two before, but generally those are acts that I have no problem seeing again.

i like the lineups, i don't want to support HARD for selling out though. live nation monopolization of electronic music events sounds like a massive nightmare to me

Yeah, this could be the last one for me. Really thought Gary was gonna hold onto it a little longer.

I thought HARD would be the least likely to go that route :/

Might go, first hard event. How strict is security on the pat downs/getting stuff in?

Quote Originally Posted by Cydewonder View Post
    Might go, first hard event. How strict is security on the pat downs/getting stuff in?
    Shoes usually come off, but I have never seen anyone get stuff taken away.

i like the lineups, i don't want to support HARD for selling out though. live nation monopolization of electronic music events sounds like a massive nightmare to me
    ha this is only the beginning.

Yeah, this could be the last one for me. Really thought Gary was gonna hold onto it a little longer.
    hard to turn down all that $$$

Gary should be happy to live in a studio apartment in LA for the all the parties he's thrown, he got too greedy man.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    ha this is only the beginning.

luckily insomniac and the tomorrowland guys already turned them down, hopefully not just for now..

Can't wait for this, it'll be my first time seeing Gesaffelstein. Pretty conflicted with the set times though, I have a feeling I'm going to have to miss out on Para One and Maya Jane Coles to go see someone else that appeals more to my friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Can't wait for this, it'll be my first time seeing Gesaffelstein. Pretty conflicted with the set times though, I have a feeling I'm going to have to miss out on Para One and Maya Jane Coles to go see someone else that appeals more to my friends...
    Get new friends. Or let them bail. The park is really easy to navigate and meet back up with friends. Decent cell coverage. The crowd will be thin for para one, so no excuses for that one, if you get your friends there in time, that is.

so will crookers be both of them? and is brodinski back?
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by vertin View Post
    so will crookers be both of them? and is brodinski back?
    One;no

some observations of the map:
    -different than previous events at the park
    -Ferris wheel and pirate ship ride
    -Makes it easy to go from Gesaffelstein to Justice

http://harddayofthedead.com/wp/wp-co...stival-map.jpg

some observations of the map:
    -different than previous events at the park
    -Ferris wheel and pirate ship ride
    -Makes it easy to go from Gesaffelstein to Justice

http://harddayofthedead.com/wp/wp-co...stival-map.jpg
    HUGE. And it ensures a good spot at Justice before the knife party bros (my friends that I'm bailing for the impecable disco tent lineup) come over

People are actually seeing Justice? They've played the exact same snooze fest "live" set this entire year, playing out their terrible new songs for 7+ minutes. Transitions are slow, nothing special at all about them or their sets

People are actually seeing Justice? They've played the exact same snooze fest "live" set this entire year, playing out their terrible new songs for 7+ minutes. Transitions are slow, nothing special at all about them or their sets
    I agree, seen them at ultra, coachella and the fox this year. However, its a good compromise set to watch with friends that you'll otherwise not be with the rest of the night.

i mean to be fair..knife party and major lazer arent the two best alternate choices, i guess id choose major lazer. its a bummer discoteque isnt still going

I'm sure it would be if Brodinski didn't drop out. I guess you could say it's all his fault.

let maya/soul clap/gessafelstein play longer then.

Preaching to the choir. Justin Martin and Claude vonStroke played extended sets at hard summer when brodinski dropped out. No complaints there.

I wonder if there will be food trucks

Most likely they will. At hard summer they had spicy pie.

Most likely they will. At hard summer they had spicy pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    i thought going to shows and having a good time was how it's done but apparently i'm doing it wrong =o(
    you are, but only since the dawn of the #YOLO bros. you're not supposed to have fun so much as try to make it as obvious as possible to everyone around you that you are having the most fun and that everyone around you is lucky to be in your presence, because you bring the fuckin party. YOU. no one can have more fun than you. if you hear a song you like, scream "OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!" and then proceed to ignore the rest of the song and talk loudly over the music. make sure everyone can hear you, remember they need to know where the party is.

also fuck the music because that shit's for fags. its all about the party. where are the girls at? WHERE'S THE PARTY? RIGHT HERE! HERE'S THE PARTY BRO!!!

follow up by pushing your way to the front of a stage and then asking everyone around you who the next artist is. when they answer, don't bother even pretending to know the artist you've actually never heard of. let your ignorance shine! then a few minutes later, remind everyone that you (YOU.) are the party by yelling the name of previously unheard of artist and claiming they're your favorite. do this over and over again until you have the attention of everyone within the surrounding 20 foot radius. if you forced your way up to the front then you will be maximizing your attention potential.

a few more quick protips:
    • cut in food/drink lines
    • act drunk even if you aren't. you'll get more attention
    • put down people you dont know
      • bonus points if you do it to their face
      • bonus multiplier if they are alone or appear to already be having a shitty time
    • cut in bathroom lines
    • really if there is any sort of line at all anywhere you should cut, because you are the shit and fuck everyone else
    • make sure when you get home that no matter what anyone else saw, THEY "missed out bro" because whatever you saw was better
    • especially that one drop dude that was so sick i was all like jumping and going off and everyone just stood there looking at me it was awesome
    • fuck punctuation
    • troll forums (best done in cliques)
    • basically just pretend you are the reality star of a show called "Real Housewives of Concert Going" and you should be platinum (because fuck gold)

i've come to learn all this from previous (observed) experiences, seems to work well for about 20% of the crowd. anyway looking forward to you all seeing me there saturday

sorry dude but you're doing it wrong since there was nothing in your post about RAGING it.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    you are, but only since the dawn of the #YOLO bros. you're not supposed to have fun so much as try to make it as obvious as possible to everyone around you that you are having the most fun and that everyone around you is lucky to be in your presence, because you bring the fuckin party. YOU. no one can have more fun than you. if you hear a song you like, scream "OMG THIS IS MY FAVORITE!!!!" and then proceed to ignore the rest of the song and talk loudly over the music. make sure everyone can hear you, remember they need to know where the party is.

also fuck the music because that shit's for fags. its all about the party. where are the girls at? WHERE'S THE PARTY? RIGHT HERE! HERE'S THE PARTY BRO!!!

follow up by pushing your way to the front of a stage and then asking everyone around you who the next artist is. when they answer, don't bother even pretending to know the artist you've actually never heard of. let your ignorance shine! then a few minutes later, remind everyone that you (YOU.) are the party by yelling the name of previously unheard of artist and claiming they're your favorite. do this over and over again until you have the attention of everyone within the surrounding 20 foot radius. if you forced your way up to the front then you will be maximizing your attention potential.

a few more quick protips:
    • cut in food/drink lines
    • act drunk even if you aren't. you'll get more attention
    • put down people you dont know
      • bonus points if you do it to their face
      • bonus multiplier if they are alone or appear to already be having a shitty time
    • cut in bathroom lines
    • really if there is any sort of line at all anywhere you should cut, because you are the shit and fuck everyone else
    • make sure when you get home that no matter what anyone else saw, THEY "missed out bro" because whatever you saw was better
    • especially that one drop dude that was so sick i was all like jumping and going off and everyone just stood there looking at me it was awesome
    • fuck punctuation
    • troll forums (best done in cliques)
    • basically just pretend you are the reality star of a show called "Real Housewives of Concert Going" and you should be platinum (because fuck gold)

i've come to learn all this from previous (observed) experiences, seems to work well for about 20% of the crowd. anyway looking forward to you all seeing me there saturday
    Post of the year. See you there!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.