Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

Default Re: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

Quote Originally Posted by keving7 View Post
    I'm headed at there today, Bloody Beetroots yesterday was just incredible! who do you guys recommend i see today? I'm pretty stoked for Cut Copy and Eric Prydz, other than them the rest is a toss up.
    Check out Pretty Lights. I was going primarily for cut copy, but I am really excited about pretty lights and his new live band set up
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by keving7 View Post
    I'm headed at there today, Bloody Beetroots yesterday was just incredible! who do you guys recommend i see today? I'm pretty stoked for Cut Copy and Eric Prydz, other than them the rest is a toss up.
    Pretty Lights.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

How was Justin Martin last bit? Anyone catch him?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Really enjoyed yesterday! Not too many people and good vibes all around. HARD Summer was definitely way more packed.

Also always good runnin into you choice cat!

tmac is a gentleman and a scholar
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Tensnake, Kill Frenzy, and Skream. What a fun time yesterday. Realllly good vibes all around. I was Very surprise.d met a lot of great people yesterday

I really dug Amine Edge & Dance. Fun stuff, interesting timbres.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Tensnake, Kill Frenzy, and Skream. What a fun time yesterday. Realllly good vibes all around. I was Very surprise.d met a lot of great people yesterday
    What kind of set did Skream play? Old school or new stuff (disco/house)???

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

No dubstep. All disco-ey stuff.

Ah, yes, the ever-so-new sound of disco and house.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

guedita, didn't you know that 1990s music is newer than 2010s?

did anyone see xxxy? Curious how that set went.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    No dubstep. All disco-ey stuff.
    Damn When I saw him in May with Hatcha, Mala and Plastician, it was all old stuff! I'm expecting him to mix it up little bit though on Thursday since he curated the show. Let's hope...

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Was anyone else at Kill Frenzy that can possibly Track ID anything?

One of them had the following lyrics.......

All you hoes out south dick and balls in ya mouth. all you hoes out west put my dick between yo chest. all you hoes up north you can suck it back and forth. all you hoes out east put my dick between yo titties. dick and ball, dick and balls...

Trust me, it was a great song

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Damn When I saw him in May with Hatcha, Mala and Plastician, it was all old stuff! I'm expecting him to mix it up little bit though on Thursday since he curated the show. Let's hope...
    Skream is done with dubstep man, no chances of that occurring unless he's booked for another DMZ anniversary gig around March

I'd never heard of Amine Edge & Dance - what a great party into Jamie Jones who took Best In Show Sunday.
    This set was from Aug 31 in Brazil and is pretty similar to what they brought here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRKxKV3k_s

Did anyone catch Lunice on Saturday night? I need a track list!

so did deadmau5 have a crazy new set up?

No, the usual Cube and his performance was the worst of the night.

Really enjoyed Tourist, who did an hour-long live set, gave off some slight Burial/Nocow vibes. Not many people gave him a chance yesterday since it's not something you can shuffle to, but it was quite lovely. Dusky was as fun as I was hoping, after waiting two years to finally see them. Soul Clap was a surprise! Was not expecting a good set at all, but I got really into it. J Paul Getto, Cut Copy, Tensnake, Skream, and Duke Dumont also had really good sets. Giorgio was a bit of a letdown, but those Donna Summer songs were going OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    No, the usual Cube and his performance was the worst of the night.
    The cube has seriously outstayed its welcome its gotta die.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

Even heard the mau5 set was weak from numerous mau5 fans.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

What the hell was up with Pretty Lights and a dj set anyways? anyone else totally bummed about that? i left that stage immediately. and then bringing his live band to San Fran later this month.

I hope this means a live band appearance at Coachella

Wait, he didn't have the full band for Hard?
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Wait, he didn't have the full band for Hard?
    Saaaay whaaat? Hmm Maybe they had some technical difficulties..However i probably would have stayed around for a bit..he picks some pretty funky tracks in his dj sets

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    What the hell was up with Pretty Lights and a dj set anyways? anyone else totally bummed about that? i left that stage immediately. and then bringing his live band to San Fran later this month.

I hope this means a live band appearance at Coachella
    Pretty Lights @ Wiltern 12/3

No mention on it being a full band, but I would imagine for a "normal" venue like this, it will be.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

"Performing with full live band"

Cool. May have to check that out.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House