Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

Default Re: HARD Presents: Day of The Dead-- Nov 3rd-- LA Historic Park

The crowd in the disco tent over summer was phenomenal. Everyone dancing and giving each other space. Also noticed that everyone has ear plugs in, usually a sign of well-mannered concert goers. See you all there!

Interested in two tickets
    PM with details

Anyone know of any afterparties? Would love to see Soul Clap in any other venue but this thing.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

mfd warehouse will be going off and the well is doing one too

Is mfd the one on Anderson? Maybe I'll cya out there after some AFI festivities
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Everyone should be going to John Digweed at Exchange for afterparty. He is playing until 4am and a promoter I know said to show them your HARD ticket at the door for discounted entry.

@HARDFEST:

Sorry for the wait. Patrons rushed the barricade & it had to be rebuilt. Ur safety is our #1 concern. Pls stay calm. We're working on this.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

God that line to get in was pure death. Gary really fucked that one up or whoever is running Hard these days. Once I was in I did hear some good music as expected. Gesaffelstein was probably my favorite set for the night.

I hear Hard is deleting all negative comments on Facebook. Very tacky indeed.

wow that's awful. you sell out to live nation and then can't even have organized entrance with all the additional funding? lame

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    God that line to get in was pure death. Gary really fucked that one up or whoever is running Hard these days. Once I was in I did hear some good music as expected. Gesaffelstein was probably my favorite set for the night.

I hear Hard is deleting all negative comments on Facebook. Very tacky indeed.
    Yeah that line took a good hour to hour and a half. Surprised cuz hard summer was a breeze. Lights and production were not as good as hard summer too.

Gesaffelstein had the best set by far ... Wow he's a beast. Para one and soul clap were also very cool. Maya Jane Coles was not as good as I thought she would be ... Her production is so much better than her dj set. Justice was definitely a snoozefest, ppl seemed disappointed in them
    Last edited by sexualamandakiss; 11-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.

GESAFFELSTEIN.

dear god i love that man. soooooo good.

The line to get in was awful but once you were inside it was great. I guess I was told by many people there that the show sold out and a large group of people showed up at 7:45 and knocked down the barrier and tried to rush in without paying because it just sold out. Apparently the police mobilized, that's why there were so many cops at the entrance, parked outside and standing between the barrier and the entry. I guess the LAPD considered it a riot of some sort. And they had a cop with a whistle directing people through the barrier.

The discotheque stage was the highlight of the night.

Some of the rules were insane, for instance, you couldn't bring liquids into the beer garden. I can understand not bringing liquids out but being told you can't bring a bottle of water you bought there in. That's just nutty!

I thought that was a good idea that your ticket included a free ride to and form on the metro.

Definitely there were some really dumb people there. Here are some examples.

1. Wasted guy pissed on the guy next to me because he couldn't wait in the barrier line. I was so shocked the guy just didn't beat the crap out of him. He just yelled at him. I was amazed for what happened to that guy how civil he was being.

2. People who uprooted baby sapling trees and were carrying them around. What a bunch of douche bags.

3. Girl who kept trying to tell everyone that she had to go to the front of the barrier crowd because she would die from claustrophobia and she kept trying to push to the front. I feel sorry for her boyfriend, she complained non stop. If she didn't notice everyone was in the same situation not just her.

But those are just some examples but all in all people were nice.

Did anyone go to the after party with Zeds Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Some of the rules were insane, for instance, you couldn't bring liquids into the beer garden. I can understand not bringing liquids out but being told you can't bring a bottle of water you bought there in. That's just nutty!
    Live Nation seems to have some sort of dehydration fetish. i was at the palladium a few weeks ago for bassnectar (DONT JUDGE BRUH) and water was SIX FUCKING DOLLARS a bottle. soda on the other hand was $4. i've never seen a venue do this before but it seemed to work as i paid $12 for 32 ounces of water. i would have never done it but it was pretty damn hot in there and i was dehydrated as hell.

on that note i think its fucking insane to have an indoor dance show at a venue with a history of less than stellar AC and a tendency to heat up AND NOT HAVE A LINE EXCLUSIVELY FOR WATER. each time i went i had to wait in line 10+ minutes for a 30 second transaction, while everyone before me is ordering a Triple Istanbul Express. the second time this happened i was literally minutes away from hitting the floor. yes i fucked up on coming to the show not hydrated but still, blows my mind promoters dont think of simple things like this that make huge improvements to the concert experience.

i've said it many times, yes other promoters sometimes pull funny business but NONE as consistently and shittily as Live Nation

At least they had free water. First time hard did that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Doesn't Coachella have the same rule?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Doesn't Coachella have the same rule?
    No. They only check when you exit the beer garden for any liquids. Except of course, only if you have something in your hand, not your bag.

Security line was a nightmare, I got in just before people started lifting the barricades to let others under. It took the rest of my group who showed up after the police formed a line an hour to get through. Maybe I'm just getting older, but it seems like the Hard crowd is turning into an Insomniac crowd. It also seemed much more crowded and harder to get around compared to Hard Summer.

Anyways, on to the music. Gesaffelstein was fucking MASSIVE, my god what an incredible set. It was my first time seeing Crookers too, so that was great. Dragged a few of my friends to the Discotheque earlier in the night and watched a bit of Soul Clap, I hadn't been exposed to him prior but he was great and had us all dancing.

Seemed like a ton of people left early. I went to the restroom and walked by Justice, the crowd wasn't into it at all. Overall, pretty decent, but I've been to better Hard events. Looking forward to seeing what talent is booked for Hard NYE.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    No. They only check when you exit the beer garden for any liquids. Except of course, only if you have something in your hand, not your bag.
    I'm not asking if it's easy to sneak stuff in/out of the beer garden, but doesn't this event and Coachella promise to adhere to the same laws keeping alcohol out of the the all ages areas?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I'm not asking if it's easy to sneak stuff in/out of the beer garden, but doesn't this event and Coachella promise to adhere to the same laws keeping alcohol out of the the all ages areas?
    Yes, but bringing drinks into the beer garden does not present a condition in which alcohol could get into the all ages area. Not letting people bring water into the 21+ area makes no sense whatsoever, unless it's just a shitty tactic to try and make people buy more once they're in the area.

EDIT: And no, nobody at Coachella gives a shit if you bring water or lemonade or food or whatever into the beer gardens.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Sorry to hear about the people who waited forever to get in.Fortunately we wanted to see J Phlip and got there early, which was well worth it for the easy entrance and the good set. A couple thoughts on the sets:

- Soul Clap was the favorite of the sets that I hadn't seen before. Para one was okay, didn't think it was anything too special.
    - It was good to see a decent crowd for Destructo. Everyone went nuts when he played Technology as the last song. It was pretty funny when he thanked everyone in the disco tent for listening to good music.
    - Gesaffelstein killed it as usual. His set was definitely different than the previous times i'd seen him this year, but in a very good way. The twenty minutes leading up to Control Movement was awesome.
    - Justice was pretty boring, as expected. It's a shame, because they have some really good moments within their set, mainly in the encore. But overall it is a frustrating snoozefest.

The setup in the park was my favorite to date. It kept people moving and used all of the space. Also, the crowd seemed pretty good. Didn't see anyone too fucked up. Props if anyone reading this was the dude wearing a dress in the front of the disco tent early in the night. You were definitely in first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Maybe I'm just getting older, but it seems like the Hard crowd is turning into an Insomniac crowd.
    Pretty sure the mainstream crowd that EDM now attracts is just plain awful. Although there seems to be presence of PLUR at Insomniac events and very little at HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Pretty sure the mainstream crowd that EDM now attracts is just plain awful. Although there seems to be presence of PLUR at Insomniac events and very little at HARD.
    agreed. i wasn't feeling the crowds, particularly bros moshing. hard nye is the after party in detroit apparently.

HARD events seem more Bro/Hipster to me.

At least Insomniac events still have some of the same vibe that we once loved.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    HARD events seem more Bro/Hipster to me.
    Right next to downtown LA, USC, Alhambra and Ghettopark. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    The setup in the park was my favorite to date. It kept people moving and used all of the space. Also, the crowd seemed pretty good. Didn't see anyone too fucked up. Props if anyone reading this was the dude wearing a dress in the front of the disco tent early in the night. You were definitely in first place.
    0:32 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvD37RTHC-s

old school

Quote Originally Posted by pezGato View Post
    At least they had free water. First time hard did that.
    that's not true, but maybe for the park venue (this is the 3rd time they've used it?)..was it fountain or bottled?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

it was a HARD crowd that turned into an LA crowd with no Insomniac events..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

talent was alright..without gesaffelstein it wouldve been a lot worse
    2012w1
    2013w1

They claim the line up for this years (that they are dropping tomorrow) will make you sh*t your pants...sigh...it's all over their facebook.

what happened to the lineup today?