Thread: lost and confused...

Lurker

Cool lost and confused...

I am from the UK and am going to be coming over for Coachella next year, but while I am searching the web for all the stuff I need I thought who better to ask then people that know what they are talking about! I will post a list of questions and if you can offer any info please feel free to do so 'cause at the moment I am sifting my way through waaaayyy too many websites that seem to say they can offer the 'Coachella Experience'

>When do the tickets become available (see attached Q below to understand why I have asked the obvious...)

If you are overseas is there a different way to order tickets? or are they available at the same time as they are for everyone else?

>We are coming over to Cali a few days before the festival so can you think of any good hotels that are affordable and will put us (me and a friend) for the whole time? (we are travelling on 5th April will be over 'til 15th).

>Any other advice you can offer?

I am sorry if this post makes me seem like a bit of a muppet but I am used to how it all works in my native UK, its all a bit different in another country

Cheers in advance dudes xo

Shona

Default Re: lost and confused...

You missed the presale by a couple months. There should be some tickets available sometime in late January, and they are available to everyone the same day. You should start searching for hotels as soon as you can -- make a reservation for both weekends if you are not sure which weekend you are going to. A lot of hotels allow free cancellations by a certain date. Do some advanced searches on this message board, and you will find out a lot of info. Also check out the Coachella FAQ. http://www.coachella.com/festival-info
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Remaining tix will likely go on sale in January once the lineup is announced. They will sell out within hours so be prepared the moment they go on sale. Same process for international / domestic.

California has a lot of hotels and before people start recommending them to you, perhaps you can elaborate on what you want to do / where you want to go during your few days before.

As far as advice goes, I would suggest monitoring the forums and digging around into past year's threads in the topics you seek advice in.

Lurker

this is awesome and really useful, thanks so much x

And I guess if you want to make things really easy on yourself and can afford it, go with one of these travel packages. They include hotel, shuttle, and festival tickets. And I believe you can even book them right now. Be sure to add the "Additional Night in Hotel" for Thursday.

http://valleymusictravel.com/coachel...3_weekend1.php

Oh, and you don't need VIP.

Lurker

we havent acutally decided what we want to do in the time we have before the festival, we were thinking about possibly visiting a couple of different cities and maybe sight seeing but that's as detailed as we have so far, I have now started to look through previous threads so thanks for that. I have also made contact with a couple of booking agencies to see what they can offer in terms of deals so hopefully I wont remain completely clueless!

Lurker

thanks! so useful

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    They will sell out within hours so be prepared the moment they go on sale.
    more like minutes.

Shona,
    I am coming from Australia for my first Coachella. Knowing that tickets sell out within hours, I decided to go the safe route and book a package with Valley music travel. That way I have it all organised, and from what others have been saying, a worry free setup when you arrive at the hotel.
    Having been to the US before, I would suggest with the time your talking and how long Coachella goes for, you really do want to just looking into what you can do in California.
    Anything if I can't help you with, I can ask my friends in LA, who have been to Coachella many times.

Lurker

Thanks so much for this advice, it's really useful. I think the more we look into it the easier it would be if we do the package deal so I think that will be the road that we go down!
    I will be sure to keep in contact as Im sure there will be things I have no idea about

Not a problem. I normally organise all travel, tickets and transport for festivals in Oz by myself, but the more I looked at it, and knowing that my tickets are locked into the package, with no hassle, it was best for me. Now just to move the other ticket.

Lurker

2012 was my rookie year at Coachella, and I booked through Valley Music Travel. The whole process was a breeze and extremely well organized. Checkin took less than 2 minutes and then we were in our room. Shuttle passes and VIP were included in my package. The shuttle was defintely worth it as it is near impossible to get close to the site without a parking pass. Shuttles to and from my hotel (La Quinta Resort) were abundant. The only pain in the ass is the walk to the shuttles at night is quite a hike as the coaches are staggered and spread out to accomodate all the people leaving after the show..

VIP in my view was worth it for a number of reasons. One is shade. Many of the VIP areas offer shaded areas with couches to chill and regroup and they were never too busy. Also the line up for booze was never too long. As well as there were a few more food options (that were excellent) that weren't in the general area. Lastly the walk into the VIP area from the shuttle was probably a third of what is was to get in at the General Admission entrance. There is a lot of walking to and from the shuttles as it is then add the heat and the venue size, you will do alot of walking.

VIP doesn't really offer better viewing, however during Radiohead's set the VIP area to the right of the stage was not as busy and had a cool relaxed vibe. That area specifically offers a bit of a terraced view in a few areas and was really nice.

VIP if you can afford it is the way to go, however if you don't go VIP and the items I mentioned don't matter to you I am positive you will have a blast!

Lurker

Hi all, we have now booked our tickets for coachella and are now in the process of putting together our trip, we are planning on travelling down the west coast from San Fran to end up in Palm Springs by 12th April...We are currently looking for good places to stop off/things to see and do/places to stay...we have looked at going through a travel agent but it just looks far too expensive. Any ideas for good travel ideas? now looking at amtrak and greyhound coaches! Neither of us drive so will be relying on public transport any advice/experiences you feel like sharing will be greatly appreciated xx

Lurker

Thanks so much!! We have booked standard tickets but we are still so excited!! all of your advice has been noted. Thanks again

This will be a ton of fun for you. I have lived in the bay area, central california and in so cal. You will have a blast wherever you go. How much time do you have to make it from sf?

Shona,

I'm coming from Korea and next year will be my third.

I found these threads helpful planning our side trip last April.
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...fter-Coachella
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...ter-Coachella)
    I went to Joshua Tree National Park last April and will definitely re-visit next year.
    (And I still can't forget the good vibes and BBQs at Pappy & Harriet's.)
    Ace Hotel Palm Springs was as hip as it could be.

Oh, you're not renting a car... I'm not sure if you could visit Joshua Tree NP by public transport.
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut