Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SAVE THE FUNKYLAMA!!!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Exclamation SAVE THE FUNKYLAMA!!!

ATTENTION COACHELLA LOVERS!

the beautiful and fun miss thefunkylama was recently in a tragic accident and needs your help!!!!

DONATE HERE!

and if you can't help, she could at LEAST use a full analysis from rotationslimwang as to why god did this to her

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a picture of the lovely miss funkylama before her accident:

and here she is at coachella 2008 with hawkingvsreeve and me. she yelled "rack" across the field to get my attention and that's how we met <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously though...

alma was horrifically attached by an evil light pole. thankfully she survived; however she has been left with many unfortunate injuries requiring dozens of stiches/staples, surgery, hospital stays, and requires the use of a wheelchair and shower chair. apparently the infrastructure of the light pole cracked and landed right on her. a few inches and she would have been dead.

some of you may not remember thefunkylama; however she has been a fair member of our lovely community for many, many years. she is a pastry chef and a hard worker. just when she was finding herself on solid ground and about to enter a new job related to her pastry chef career, this tragedy happened. she has no insurance and had to quit her job before she even started.

she has no choice but to ask for help. and god damnit we are going to give it to her.

please donate money towards her medical bills. in return for your donation, she will send you handmade postcards, which she designs beautifully. even a donation as small as $5 or $10 gets you something. your good deed will not go unrewarded!!!

the site asks that all donations be made by 9/20/12. please donate as soon and as often as you can!!! let's make life a little easier for alma as she has done with her wit and humour for us over the years.

here are a few pics of the accident, so hard to look at, poor girl!!!

you can read her full story, see pictures, and make a donation here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Help-Alma?c=home

even though i have a mountain of medical bills myself, i'm fortunate enough to have a job and have insurance. so i scraped together $10 from my pit of nothing because i think alma is a wonderful person who deserves our help. please do the same and show her that coachella isn't the same without her <3
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 08-02-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Default Re: SAVE THE FUNKYLAMA!!!

in the same boat as you, ivy, but i will look at our finances and hopefully be able to help out a bit.

read the story. are the event organizers offering any assistance? i would hope so based on their negligence. and this is a case where a lawsuit is most appropriate or where insurance should be there to cover an accident like this. has she at least looked into it? the people that did this better at least run some kind of fundraiser. i understand not being a litigious person, but when you are injured due to someone else's actions you have a right to not have to pay the costs involved in fixing that damage.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.

yay, how generous given all your medical situations. maybe you, me, and alma could start our own "special" coachella olympics.

SEE PEOPLE, EVEN JUSTSTEVE IS WILLING TO HELP! WHAT'S YOU'RE EXCUSE NOW?!?!

Geez, I'm sorry to hear about what happened Alma, and i'm glad you're still here.
    Last edited by buddy; 08-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.

holy shit.

Seems to me Alma needs a lawyer to sue the fuck out of whoever owns that lamppost. Seriously. If it's a city park seems like it should be the city's responsibility to cover these costs.

edit: I donated.
    Last edited by TomAz; 08-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Litigation is something that we've definitely looked into, and it's all up in the air. The chances that the city will cover it, given the circumstances, aren't very high. It'd be nice, but after talking to a lawyer, I don't think it's going to happen. That said, I've submitted a claim to the city, and we'll see where that gets us.

Also holy shit is this humbling and hello, everyone.

How long will the donation page be up? I don't know her at all, but I'll donate.
    I just need to check my finances after the end of August.

This news is awful. I hope Alma gets back on her feet soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkylama View Post
    Litigation is something that we've definitely looked into, and it's all up in the air. The chances that the city will cover it, given the circumstances, aren't very high. It'd be nice, but after talking to a lawyer, I don't think it's going to happen. That said, I've submitted a claim to the city, and we'll see where that gets us.

Also holy shit is this humbling and hello, everyone.
    I would seriously push through with litigation regardless of the projected chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Um, kinda interested in reading the story. What, did the lamp post fall from the sky?
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

Me too; plenty of lawyers around here that would probably want to help you in exchange for pies. SOME entity should be responsible for this.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 08-02-2012 at 09:56 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    How long will the donation page be up? I don't know her at all, but I'll donate.
    50 days I think.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    until september 20th what a nice thought, robin! thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Um, kinda interested in reading the story. What, did the lamp post fall from the sky?
    um, it's there, read below

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    you can read her full story, see pictures, and make a donation here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/Help-Alma?c=home

You should also sue the slackliners for being slacklining assholes.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Okay, I read it. So it did just "fall out of the sky". It sounds like you should be suing the city. Don't you have one of those "in a wreck, need a check" type lawyers that advertises on tv? I would call them asap.

Except that I would have been one of the slacklining assholes. This is where things get complicated. While I didn't set it up myself and I wasn't on the line, I was with the people who were.

If it was me I wouldn't pay a dime or call the hospital asap and work out a plan with them to pay 5 dollars a month until that shits paid off. What are they going to do, sue you?

Except that I would have been one of the slacklining assholes. This is where things get complicated. While I didn't set it up myself and I wasn't on the line, I was with the people who were.
    Still doesn't remove responsibility from the city to maintain its property at a reasonable level of public safety.

while delaying hospital bills is probably an obvious option for alma, she probably has other out-of-pocket costs that can't be delayed, such as buying medications, a shower seat, and renting a wheelchair. she also does not have a job and probably needs help with basic living necessities too.

and while any other stranger should get the troll treatment from us, this is a long-time member who needs our help!!!

That story makes me so sad!
    Here's hoping that I'll win poker tomorrow so I can donate sooner.

If you were playing basketball and someone slammed and hung on the rim and then the rim came off and broke your skull, I believe that you could sue the city.

Yikes, sorry to hear about this accident. I hope you get back on your feet soon.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Except that I would have been one of the slacklining assholes. This is where things get complicated.
    Oh. I see now.

damn.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

If the people that were doing this slacklining checking weren't city employees, who were they? Event organizers? Party goers? It seems like they should be responsible for your medical expenses at least.

It's still on the city to make sure that their lamp posts aren't at risk of falling on people, slackliners or no slackliners.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Still doesn't remove responsibility from the city to maintain its property at a reasonable level of public safety.
    this.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    Okay, I read it. So it did just "fall out of the sky". It sounds like you should be suing the city. Don't you have one of those "in a wreck, need a check" type lawyers that advertises on tv? I would call them asap.
    he should help...

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

In all seriousness, I just gave what I could right now. This board has brought me alot of lulz and I'm glad to lend a hand when i can. Hope you have a speedy and as pain free recovery as possible.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Best wishes with the recovery and this effort!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    If the people that were doing this slacklining checking weren't city employees, who were they? Event organizers? Party goers? It seems like they should be responsible for your medical expenses at least.
    Agree 100%, it's going to be hard to fault a city for not designing their light posts to withstand 1,500 lbs of lateral (and leveraged) tension. Those who set it up and tested it are most responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone on and around the area.

a lightpost that cannot support a slackline sounds kinda scary to me.

for those who aren't familiar, it's just a single rope of rock climbing type rope (somewhat wide and flat). if slacklining were mainstream and the lightposts were set-up for slacklining purposes, the basketball analgoy would make sense. but i think this could get tricky, as alma already said.

were there people actually on the slackline at the time (or just before) the lamp post fell?