Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '12

Default Re: Fantasy Football '12

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I wouldn't look into his Week 1 TD performance too much at this point. Need to see another week or few to see what his role really is in the SF passing game. He was used in very limited snaps, and his lone score came under busted coverage.
    I do agree with you however Moss will be getting red zone looks. That's one of the main reasons they got him in the first place. Example when Smith threw it to a double covered moss instead of a wide open Crabtree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    I do agree with you however Moss will be getting red zone looks. That's one of the main reasons they got him in the first place. Example when Smith threw it to a double covered moss instead of a wide open Crabtree.
    Look at the tape, Moss was thrown to in busted coverage, not double coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 49ers fan, I love Randy Moss being a weapon on our team. I want him to revive his career. He was brought to San Francisco to help stretch the field and relieve coverage on both the other receivers and to help open up the run game coverage. That's Crabtree was a lot more open than usual. Moss also caught all 4 passes that went his way. But that is the other concern; he was only targeted 4 times.

When he is only on the field for 1/3 of the snaps, there are concerns from a fantasy standpoint. (21-of-62 snaps). Mario Manningham played 29 snaps. I just need to see what his role is in the future first, and see if he is on the field for more snaps moving forward, before starting him for fantasy relevance. I'd love to have him stashed on my bench to see if he turns into a fantasy gem. But as far as Week 2 is concerned, if I had him, he'd still be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    No doubt! I thought AP would need another week of rest before regaining beast mode.
    Well since Rice is playing the 4PM game and Rivers the 2nd MNF game, barring something ridiculous with Rice, I'll be playing in come-from-behind mode to get the W for this week. It's gonna be a dramatic night for FF!
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Well since Rice is playing the 4PM game and Rivers the 2nd MNF game, barring something ridiculous with Rice, I'll be playing in come-from-behind mode to get the W for this week. It's gonna be a dramatic night for FF!
    Heck yes! To make things complicated, I'm a Bengals fan yet I'll be rooting for Rice to jump into the end zone about three times tonight.... in a loss.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I could REALLY complicate things with drama and bench Rivers and start Flacco so we face each other in the same game, hoping he never hands the rock off and plays in a shootout from always a few points behind Cinci.

But I won't. I (sort of) trust in Rivers. Although I am very intrigued by this new no-huddle offense Flacco is going to be spearheading, I'm going to hate myself if Flacco goes off and Rivers throws INTs. But when you crunch the numbers, 97% of the so-called-experts will start Rivers over Flacco's 3% this week. So will I.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Because.

Look at the tape, Moss was thrown to in busted coverage, not double coverage.
    Yeah I wasn't referring to the TD catch. I was referring to the Play before the Vernon Davis TD. Smith had Crabtree wide open in the corner of the end zone but he instead threw it to a double covered Moss and the pass was incomplete. And I agree with you on everything you said about Moss and I also am happy as hell he is on our team. However due to them limiting his reps and so far seems to be a Red Zone target I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the season with 45 receptions and 10-12 TD's he might be worth starting, depending on how he looks the next game or two.

I lost my week 1 game but appear to have won a strategic victory via CJ Spiller

I could REALLY complicate things with drama and bench Rivers and start Flacco so we face each other in the same game, hoping he never hands the rock off and plays in a shootout from always a few points behind Cinci.

But I won't. I (sort of) trust in Rivers. Although I am very intrigued by this new no-huddle offense Flacco is going to be spearheading, I'm going to hate myself if Flacco goes off and Rivers throws INTs. But when you crunch the numbers, 97% of the so-called-experts will start Rivers over Flacco's 3% this week. So will I.

God damn it. Hate myself. If I started Flacco instead of Rivers I would've won by about half a point. Fuck the experts, should go with my gut instincts more. Oh well. I've never won a week 1 matchup in my history of FF, ever, so not really that mad that I lost this year's opener too. I'll get my shit together as the season progresses.

Because.

I actually prefer to lose week 1 because then you get the better waiver number to pick up the people that look like they are poised for break out years.

If I started Flacco instead of Rivers I would've won by about half a point.
    Phew, a close one for sure. As soon as you typed 'I (sort of) trust in Rivers' I think the jinx machine was in motion.

Did you guy see the 'game recaps' in our Yahoo league? It's kind of funny and stupid, all at the same time.

"VanDownByTheRivers Regret Tracker

Left C.J. Spiller on the bench, where he scored the sixth-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 350.1%, the fifth-highest percentage in the league."

"Game Notes

On Like Ndamukong was not able to cover the 8.29-point spread in the win."

Ouch!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I won my first fantasy game ever! haha it's sad how excited I got.
    I am trying to pick up Ogletree this week... I need some depth in that position!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Wait, so why is Flacco on anyone's team right now? Wasn't he dropped last week by the guy who picked up Ogletree?

The game recaps are awesome. I agree with all of this:

Lord Humungus Tramples Sasha Grey CreamPies, Establishes Early-Season Dominance

Lord Humungus annihilated Sasha Grey CreamPies 141.26 - 81.72 while also putting up the highest point total this week. Lord Humungus completely surpassed expectations and scored 56.8% more than their projected 90.07 points, while Sasha Grey CreamPies failed to meet expectations and got just 87.5% of a projected 93.39. Sasha Grey CreamPies was led by Andre Johnson with 17.90 points and the Houston Texans Defense who scored 15.00. Lord Humungus kicks off the season with a 1-0 record, good enough for first place. Sasha Grey CreamPies opens at 0-1 and in 10th place.

Lord Humungus Smooth Moves

Lord Humungus had all nine players in their starting lineup exceed their projected points.
    Matt Ryan led the league in scoring with 32.46 points.
    Stevan Ridley had the fourth-highest score among RBs in the league this week with 21.20 points.
    The 19.50 points scored by Arian Foster was the seventh-highest score of any RB in the league this week.
    With 10.70 points, Jermichael Finley had the fifth-highest score of any TE in the league this week.

Sasha Grey CreamPies Regret Tracker

Did not start Tony Romo, who led the team in scoring with 24.48 points.
    Picked up Mike Tolbert, who was last on the team in scoring with 1.00 point.
    Sasha Grey CreamPies needed more points from the QB position, where Lord Humungus beat them 32.46 - 14.52.
    Lord Humungus won the K position battle, beating Sasha Grey CreamPies 11.00 - 5.00.
    6 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.

What If

Lord Humungus would have beaten every other team in the league this week.
    Lord Humungus would have had to score 78.25 fewer points to lose to all teams in the league this week.
    Sasha Grey CreamPies would have lost to eight other teams besides Lord Humungus this week.
    If Sasha Grey CreamPies had scored 18.71 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.

Game Notes

The top players for Lord Humungus were elite in the matchup, as three of their starters outperformed the leading scorer for Sasha Grey CreamPies.
    Lord Humungus won by the largest margin of victory in the league at 59.54 points.
    Sasha Grey CreamPies got the best total score from their WRs of any team this week with 34.40 points.
    Lord Humungus got a combined 52.50 points from their RBs, the highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
    With 81.72 points, Sasha Grey CreamPies ranked 10th in the league in scoring this week.
    Andre Johnson was on the losing team, but still had the fourth-highest score of any WR in the league this week with 17.90 points.
    The Houston Texans Defense tried to help Sasha Grey CreamPies in the loss, beating their scoring projection by 30.9%, scoring 15.00 points versus an 11.46-point projection.
    Lord Humungus beat their projected points, while Sasha Grey CreamPies fell below their projection.

Haha where are the game recaps in Yahoo Fantasy??

Hold on, how did VanDownByTheRivers pick up those players yesterday when they should've been on waivers since we changed it to Game Time?
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 09-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

^ Was curious about that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Hold on, how did VanDownByTheRivers pick up those players yesterday when they should've been on waivers since we changed it to Game Time?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    ^ Was curious about that as well.
    Ah man, not again. I'm gonna have to change my email notifications.

No it's all legit. Those waivers processed early this (Tuesday) morning. Game Time - Tuesday is our setting.

Another fucking Yahoo problem, will be taken care of by me. Pretty tired of this shit.

"Hi Fourthisto,

Engineering verified this issue at about 1am PT this morning, and started working on resolving it. By 2am PT, the issue was closed as resolved. Engineering reupdated each league player pool to correctly lock players. They also identified the source of the issue, and fixed the issue from ever occuring again.

Unfortunately, this offers little help for leagues where a team was able to take advantage of this early morning error.

You can use Commish Tools > Edit Rosters to reverse any add/drops.

My apologies that I can't offer a less manual solution. Hopefully, there were not too many impacted leagues based on this 2 hour outage."
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 09-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    No it's all legit. Those waivers processed early this (Tuesday) morning. Game Time - Tuesday is our setting.
    The waivers aren't supposed to process until 11:59 PT Tuesday. There was a glitch. See above.

The waivers aren't supposed to process until 11:59 PT Tuesday. There was a glitch. See above.
    Yeah, I didn't notice that Sean's waiver wire priority hadn't changed. At least he's pretty easygoing about these types of things.

this is just fucking silly, please don't blow up my inbox again
    Upcoming Shows:

Can someone address why Flacco is not available?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Wait, so why is Flacco on anyone's team right now? Wasn't he dropped last week by the guy who picked up Ogletree?
    That transaction never happened, it was canceled. Ogletree is available for pickup through our alleged now bug-free waiver system. Waivers go through tonight.

Besides Aphxtwinin, Boyz II Mendenhall would have been defeated by nine other teams this week.

Here we go again. Nice to see that nothing has changed from last season.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

That transaction never happened, it was canceled. Ogletree is available for pickup through our alleged now bug-free waiver system. Waivers go through tonight.
    Yep. Flacco was my spur-of-the-moment backup choice in the draft and it appears I may have hit the lottery ticket with him. And CJ Spiller. You want Flacco? Make me an offer!

This recap thing is amazing. Even though this week I'm on the negative insulting end of it.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 09-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Because.

Fucking lost by a point with Baltimores defense crushing the overrated Bengals. Well now I can pick up Olgetree and ride his ass into the championships.

At least my Skins looked pretty good beating up on the Saints. Holding Brees to under 50% completion rate is pretty fucking solid. Scoring 40 points for the first time in over 5 years was nice to watch too.
    Last edited by Vasoline Groove; 09-11-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Are you sure you want Ogletree.

Because.

Good week for football.

I win in both Fantasy FB leagues, and Chargers win too.

The other league I'm in that was on Yahoo moved to ESPN this week. Yahoo took the chat option out of the stat tracker and we could not tolerate such a stupid decision.

Ogletree will now disappear.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!