Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '12

Default Re: Fantasy Football '12

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Didn't Thursday games start at the end of October last year? The waiver wire is pretty bare by midseason. It's possible that there was simply no unowned players that sent people running to the computer mid-game for an add/drop. I honestly don't care about Ogletree. Sean can have him, possibly even deserves him at this point. That was thoroughly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    As a Witten owner, I'll probably be dropping one of the two in a few weeks anyway.

Can we now talk about redrafting because it's unfair you were awarded the first pick of the draft? Let's talk more about that. Yes.
    I think we need to throw you guys in the Thunderdome and let it all work itself out. My god!
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Can we now talk about redrafting because it's unfair you were awarded the first pick of the draft? Let's talk more about that. Yes.
    This is a sound argument. I'm also smarter, funnier, and more handsome than you. Not everything is fair or deserved. You need to consider the possibility that your opinion on the matter would be different if you weren't the one benefitting from this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    I think we need to throw you guys in the Thunderdome and let it all work itself out. My god!
    Don't be jealous of our rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I'm also smarter, funnier, and more handsome than you.
    You can't bring me down. I do this in the mirror every day.

Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Nothing like a little controversy to fan the flames of hatred. See you week 6.

bobert, consider this your official nomination for the 2012 Coachella Fantasy Football Drama Queen. Don't lie. You love this.

Because.

my inbox is fulllll of yahoo fantasy messages what did i miss?

nothing important.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbles View Post
    Question for you guys:

I'm in a 14-team PPR league. I have 4 good receivers and want to start 3. My receivers are: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Pierre Garcon.

I know I want to start Marshall and White, but I'm not sure about the last position. Steve Smith is coming off a foot infection and playing against Tampa Bay. Tampa is not great, but he did not play well against them last year. He had 4 receptions for 50 yards in 2 games vs. them last year.

Garcon is the #1 WR for the Redskins and it seems he and RG3 have a connection. They're playing against the Saints, who have a poor defense against receivers. The game will probably be a shootout, which will mean lots of passing opportunities.

I'm currently leaning towards starting Pierre Garcon. I will feel like an idiot if Steve Smith blows up though. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.
    Steve Smith because...

#1 - More talented receiver (even at his age)

#2 - Outplays the other receivers on the team by a larger margin

#3 - Better QB (for the time being)

#4 - Redskins have Helu, Royster, Morris & RGIII, all of which run fairly well. Panthers have Newton and Williams and besides Newton, their running game could collapse and then may have to rely on passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    jesus christ my inbox is soooooo full lol
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    To summarize, if you complain enough, you can get things taken away from other team managers.

Because.

I'm a fantasy newb and because of some flaky friends, last weekend's draft didn't pan out. Anybody wanna join a 2nd $20 league, draft this Saturday night? PM me (We'll work around the whole Wednesday game dilemma).

I'm so proud of K-Tree, he caused a fucking riot in all 4 of my leagues... My ni**a!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Steve Smith because...

#1 - More talented receiver (even at his age)

#2 - Outplays the other receivers on the team by a larger margin

#3 - Better QB (for the time being)

#4 - Redskins have Helu, Royster, Morris & RGIII, all of which run fairly well. Panthers have Newton and Williams and besides Newton, their running game could collapse and then may have to rely on passing.
    Thanks Elmo! I put Stevey back in my line-up. Man, I love fantasy football.

I need some advice guys. I have a stacked team, but some of my guys are banged up right now. Since Mathews and J Stew are both probably not playing this week, I need to replace them. My options are Shonn Greene, Ronnie Brown, and Spiller. I think I'm going with Greene and Brown because they'll get the touches, but I'd love some input. I have Arian Foster too so he should give me a ton of points at RB1.

Also, I need to start a W/R FLEX. If I start Greene and Brown at RB2 and RB3 my options for FLEX are C.J. Spiller, Robert Meachem, Greg Little, and a limited J Stewart (if he even plays).

Thanks!

3 RBs and a flex? How many people in your league? I would probably go with Little at the Flex. With the league becoming a pass first type of play you don't want to many RB in your lineup. Plus Meachen and River just don't look like they are really connecting just yet. And I'm sure Little will get more looks from Weeden then Meachen will get from Rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    3 RBs and a flex? How many people in your league? I would probably go with Little at the Flex. With the league becoming a pass first type of play you don't want to many RB in your lineup. Plus Meachen and River just don't look like they are really connecting just yet. And I'm sure Little will get more looks from Weeden then Meachen will get from Rivers.
    It's a 10 team PPR league and we start 2 QBs, 3 WRs, 3 RBs, 2 TEs, Flex W/RB, K, Team DEF.

Thanks for the advice. I agree that Little will get the looks, and the Browns will be playing from behind the whole game so they'll have to pass. Only thing is I don't trust Weeden at all and have heard that he doesn't look very impressive. The Bolts won't have Mathews so Rivers will be throwing a lot, so Meachem could be targeted heavily. I have some thinking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I need some advice guys. I have a stacked team, but some of my guys are banged up right now. Since Mathews and J Stew are both probably not playing this week, I need to replace them. My options are Shonn Greene, Ronnie Brown, and Spiller. I think I'm going with Greene and Brown because they'll get the touches, but I'd love some input. I have Arian Foster too so he should give me a ton of points at RB1.

Also, I need to start a W/R FLEX. If I start Greene and Brown at RB2 and RB3 my options for FLEX are C.J. Spiller, Robert Meachem, Greg Little, and a limited J Stewart (if he even plays).

Thanks!
    I say Greene & Brown (which is unfortunate) and Spiller as your flex, especially if you league is PPR. I think the Bills will roll over the Jets and everybody on the Bills has a chance to score. I'd even consider benching Greene then have either Meachem or Little in your flex, flip a coin. If Jets get behind (and they will) then they're just gonna pass. I'd lean towards Meachem but not by much.

Arian Foster is technically a game time decision too but I think he plays. Just keep an eye on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I say Greene & Brown (which is unfortunate) and Spiller as your flex, especially if you league is PPR. I think the Bills will roll over the Jets and everybody on the Bills has a chance to score. I'd even consider benching Greene then have either Meachem or Little in your flex, flip a coin. If Jets get behind (and they will) then they're just gonna pass. I'd lean towards Meachem but not by much.

Arian Foster is technically a game time decision too but I think he plays. Just keep an eye on that.
    Thanks man! I'm in an unfortunate situation right now. I think I'm gonna go with Greene and Brown with Spiller as a FLEX.

Literally of my RBs are dinged up. None of the injuries are that serious so hopefully they all get over them and have great years. When my team is healthy my RBs will be Foster, Mathews, and Stewart (who is a really good RB3 in ppr). If I get out of this week with a win I'll be so pumped, because I'll have a full squad next week.

High scoring games today. Should be plenty of fruit on the waiver tree come Monday.

Nice 4th quarter today Sean

Yep this is gonna be a close one Monday night with my Rivers vs your Ray Rice. We both are kicking ourselves for not starting the right people this week!

Because.

God damn it Fred Jackson!

good start to the season
    Upcoming Shows:

I am so glad I handcuffed Fred Jackson with CJ Spiller. He may prove to be a more valuable handcuff than Ben Tate.

Because.

Spiller won the week for me. Now, what to do with Moss? Should I start him over Vincent Jackson next week?

I wouldn't look into his Week 1 TD performance too much at this point. Need to see another week or few to see what his role really is in the SF passing game. He was used in very limited snaps, and his lone score came under busted coverage.

Because.

Yahoo's scoring system is all messed up... the scores in our league are by no means finalized. They're missing like 200 TDs from yesterday.

"We are aware of the issue where many players are missing stats from yesterday, and we are currently working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience."

Yep this is gonna be a close one Monday night with my Rivers vs your Ray Rice. We both are kicking ourselves for not starting the right people this week!
    No doubt! I thought AP would need another week of rest before regaining beast mode.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I am so happy to have Akers as my kicker right now! 16 fucking points is making up for H.nicks sucking for me this week. I am also beyond pleased that I picked up Navarro Bowman. He did very well for me yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I wouldn't look into his Week 1 TD performance too much at this point. Need to see another week or few to see what his role really is in the SF passing game. He was used in very limited snaps, and his lone score came under busted coverage.
    Yeah, i know. Just hard to overlook how dominating he can be. Especially against some of the terrible teams that the niners will play (twice).