Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '12

Default Re: Fantasy Football '12

I wouldn't risk starting AP this weekend, I think Kendall Wright is your best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Would you guys start Mike Wallace this weekend?

I have to start 3 WR's in my league and my options are Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Robert Meachem, Greg Little.

Obviously Jennings, Wallace, and Johnson are my top 3 guys, but I think I'm thinking about starting Meachem over Wallace this weekend since he just reported to camp.

That's a tough one but I'd still stick it out with Wallace. I do agree that Wallace missing all of camp will hurt him but there are question marks on those other WRs. Meachem has been inconsistent all camp and hasn't clicked with Rivers yet and I'm not so sure how Weeden will handle PHI D or... well... any D. Meachem does have the best QB throwing to him but Wallace is by far a better receiver than those two even if his situation is undesirable. Start Wallace.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

QB: Rivers vs the Raid or Peyton vs the Steel?

Flex: law firm vs BAL reggie wayne vs daBears or dwayne bowe vs atl?

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post

Rivers and Bowe.

In my leauge my Starting RB would normally be Ryan Matthews and Jamal Charles with Sproles in the Flex spot. However it's still unclear if Matthews will be playing in the Monday night game. Should I risk starting Matthews or put Sproles in the RB spot and then put either Torrey Smith or Titus Young in the Flex position?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    That's a tough one but I'd still stick it out with Wallace. I do agree that Wallace missing all of camp will hurt him but there are question marks on those other WRs. Meachem has been inconsistent all camp and hasn't clicked with Rivers yet and I'm not so sure how Weeden will handle PHI D or... well... any D. Meachem does have the best QB throwing to him but Wallace is by far a better receiver than those two even if his situation is undesirable. Start Wallace.
    Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go with Wallace. But I hope Rivers and Meachem connect eventually because I'm a Bolts fan.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Rivers and Bowe.

In my leauge my Starting RB would normally be Ryan Matthews and Jamal Charles with Sproles in the Flex spot. However it's still unclear if Matthews will be playing in the Monday night game. Should I risk starting Matthews or put Sproles in the RB spot and then put either Torrey Smith or Titus Young in the Flex position?
    Put Sproles in the RB spot and put one of your receivers in the flex. I own Mathews in one of my leagues so I have to put one of my receivers in the flex as well, and put Shonn Greene in the 3rd RB spot.

First year playing so I need some help! I did not draft this team, it was given to me. Trying to decide between H. nicks, who is listed as questionable, or g. little.
    The other one I need help with is M. lynch (back spasm issues) or J. Rodgers and R. Matthews.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post

Peyton/Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    No way Mathews plays. Sproles/Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    First year playing so I need some help! I did not draft this team, it was given to me. Trying to decide between H. nicks, who is listed as questionable, or g. little.
    The other one I need help with is M. lynch (back spasm issues) or J. Rodgers and R. Matthews.

Thanks guys.
    Nicks. Like I said, no Mathews. Go with Rodgers and grab Turbin if he's available and just keep an eye on Lynch for a gametime decision. If he plays, start him. Otherwise, start Turbin.

thank you for the help!!!!!!!! So my RB are McFadden and Lynch right now. If Lynch isn't looking good I will go with Rodgers. You guys are awesome!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

If Reshard Mendenhall is still available in your league I would pick him up. He is not far from playing again and somehow people over looked him the draft and was able to get him last round in 2 out of my 3 drafts and picked him up as a free agent in the 3rd. I would say do this because McFadden is always an injury concern player so you really need depth at RB if he is on your team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Should I play Miles Austin tonight or not?

Hopefully you did.

In a 10 team PPR league for a lotta $$$. We have to start 2 QBs and mine are Vick and Romo. Romo was huge for me tonight, hopefully Vick is huge too.

kibbles and vick?

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    kibbles and vick?
    That was my team name when I won my league's championship in 2010 lol.

Talking Re: Fantasy Football '12

Question for you guys:

I'm in a 14-team PPR league. I have 4 good receivers and want to start 3. My receivers are: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Pierre Garcon.

I know I want to start Marshall and White, but I'm not sure about the last position. Steve Smith is coming off a foot infection and playing against Tampa Bay. Tampa is not great, but he did not play well against them last year. He had 4 receptions for 50 yards in 2 games vs. them last year.

Garcon is the #1 WR for the Redskins and it seems he and RG3 have a connection. They're playing against the Saints, who have a poor defense against receivers. The game will probably be a shootout, which will mean lots of passing opportunities.

I'm currently leaning towards starting Pierre Garcon. I will feel like an idiot if Steve Smith blows up though. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    That was my team name when I won my league's championship in 2010 lol.
    haha that is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12Bobby (Lord Humungus)
    We Can Pick Up Active Players Off The Waiver Wire????
    What the fuck? It looks like Sean logged on in the middle of the Giants/Cowboys game and added Kevin Ogletree. Please tell me that's not what kind of league we are running.
    ZOgletreeMG)(*@#!!!! 23 points per week FTW the 2nd coming of Laurent Robinson!!!!

Hopefully picking up Ogletree will make up for my sins last year. Last year I passed on picking up Victor Cruz off of waivers when I had the top waiver priority.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Who knew that copying the league settings from last year would yield so much drama .0625% INTO WEEK ONE.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

...3 days before the first Sunday. Settings are fine IMO. Unless Obama plans on putting out a lot more football-conflicting speeches during additional DNCs, I think this was a one time thing. No more rescheduled Wednesday night games.

Because.

You never can tell with Bears fans... they're that unpredictable.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

So I don't know if you would call his a long shot, but I have Chicago and Buffalo defense. I went with Buffalo being they are playing the NYJ. I hope this pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    ZOgletreeMG)(*@#!!!! 23 points per week FTW the 2nd coming of Laurent Robinson!!!!
    That could very well be the case, actually. Garrett's offensive system has always generated great stats for the #3WR. The point is I've been in leagues where active players can be immediately added and it's stupid. A couple years ago my friend won one of the leagues I'm in, not because he drafted great or managed his team well, but because he was the first asshole to open his laptop and add Michael Vick the second Kevin Kolb took a shot to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    That could very well be the case, actually. Garrett's offensive system has always generated great stats for the #3WR. The point is I've been in leagues where active players can be immediately added and it's stupid. A couple years ago my friend won one of the leagues I'm in, not because he drafted great or managed his team well, but because he was the first asshole to open his laptop and add Michael Vick the second Kevin Kolb took a shot to the head.
    I'm with you. The Game Time Waivers setting makes for a consistent waiver rule that is more in line with the nature of the rest of the rules in our league.

I don’t know, once Witten is healthy, Ogletree will be just another fourth option.

What's strange to me is that this didn't come up once during/after all of the Thursday games last year....

I fail to see how Sunday-Tuesday waiver rules would have stopped anyone from doing this last year.
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 09-06-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Hopefully you did.
    I did... no thanks to you bums! Kevin Ogletree was killing me all night, had to stop watching, then I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. Dan Bailey is my kicker and I'm kind of mad at Tom Coughlin's clock management. If he wouldn't have burned that time out on their last drive he would have forced dallas to take a field goal instead of taking a knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    What's strange to me is that this didn't come up once during/after all of the Thursday games last year....

I fail to see how Sunday-Tuesday waiver rules would have stopped anyone from doing this last year.
    Didn't Thursday games start at the end of October last year? The waiver wire is pretty bare by midseason. It's possible that there was simply no unowned players that sent people running to the computer mid-game for an add/drop. I honestly don't care about Ogletree. Sean can have him, possibly even deserves him at this point. That was thoroughly entertaining.

As a Witten owner, I'll probably be dropping one of the two in a few weeks anyway.

Can we now talk about redrafting because it's unfair you were awarded the first pick of the draft? Let's talk more about that. Yes.

Because.

I doubt ogletree will put up consistent numbers every week! Unless your in a 16 team league, picking up a 3rd/4th receiver just seems risky!