Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football '12

Default Re: Fantasy Football '12

Well obviously I was also going to play Brian Hartline and Fred Jackson too, and then last minute plug Philip Rivers back into my lineup as well. Everyone couldn't get in yesterday after 12 EST, not just you. You could have plugged them in at 1150 EST, however. This week is so fucked, yet having a commissioner tinker with everyone's lineups after the fact based on a subjective case by case basis with every team in their league is also a slippery slope. If enough people hate the "optimal lineup" adjustments school of thought that has been circulating on the web, then I honestly think Yahoo should just make this week not count. Like it never happened. Fantasy regular season shortened by 1 week for everyone. A widespread ruling that applies to everyone, equally, to all the millions of people that play in Yahoo leagues.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

The only change to our league was and will be the one I've already made, because it was requested directly to me before kickoff of the first game Sunday.

Who knows, Yahoo might 'blow up' week 10, like you say. I guess we'll see.

Oh Yahoo's behalf - Sorry, guys. Maybe we should do this on a different site next year.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    If enough people hate the "optimal lineup" adjustments school of thought that has been circulating on the web, then I honestly think Yahoo should just make this week not count. Like it never happened. Fantasy regular season shortened by 1 week for everyone. A widespread ruling that applies to everyone, equally, to all the millions of people that play in Yahoo leagues.
    Why stop there? Maybe the first 10 weeks of the season should be a wash, then you could back to pretending you're a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Why stop there? Maybe the first 10 weeks of the season should be a wash, then you could back to pretending you're a contender.
    I was bringing up a very possible solution that works out the most fair for most of the millions of players. I've already openly acknowledged that my season is lost, so now your superiority complex comments are getting plain lazy. I'm just working at avoiding the Sacko.

Your obsession with trying to involve or opine yourself with everything I do is starting to get really weird. Keeping up the obligatory insults in a fantasy rivalry is one thing, but even after my lost season, you're still here. It's weird dude. Whatever response you have for this will also be weird and tirelessly predictable. Try and keep it to yourself.

Because.

If anyone had trouble adjusting their lineup they should have emailed the commissioner or made a time-stamped post to the message board explaining the problem. Sounds like only one person did that. I'm sure you think I'm piling it on, but since I easily won my matchup this week and am still in contention for the title I admit that I find it a bit ridiculous that you think the entire league should take the week off because you claim you couldn't get Brian Hartline into your starting lineup.

I find it a bit ridiculous that you think the entire league should take the week off because you claim you couldn't get Brian Hartline into your starting lineup.
    I'm not saying that, dumbass. If you literally think I'm suggesting that the week get taken off because I didn't have Hartline in my lineup, you clearly missed the obvious point and my low thoughts of you (average intelligence/still cunty) gets a quick downgrade to complete dumbass with a shit ton of luck. Stop responding to everything I say because you clearly don't get it, and your insults have been horrendous lately. I'm pretty sure you just skim my posts, pick a couple words that you saw in my post, and regurgitate those words with lazy insults throughout and think you did a fine job getting back at me. Just stop responding, it's really getting old. Might have to use the ban button, but I guess we'll see if you respond again first.

Because.

I won my matchup even with the website confusion. It still would have been nice to have Greg Olsen in my line up like I intended though. Let's hope Yahoo has fixed the problem.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

This was the first good idea I've ever seen you propose. Best of luck of the rest of the way, Sean. You're basically playing for pride at this point, but lord knows you don't have any so maybe that's a prize worth fighting for.

So much better. Now I can go back to posting about fantasy football without that frenulum turning my posts into a quarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I won my matchup even with the website confusion. It still would have been nice to have Greg Olsen in my line up like I intended though. Let's hope Yahoo has fixed the problem.
    Do you mean fixed the problem as in the servers are stable, moving forward? Or some sort of solution regarding Week 11 and the huge asterisk attached to it?

Edit: er I mean Week 10
    Last edited by ManImCool; 11-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Because.

This year's champ definitely needs an asterisk on their trophy.

I'm on it.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    I'm on it.
    Is there going to be a change? Honestly i got kinda screwed but im confident I will still storm into the playoffs so ill take this fluke loss and continue however if we are going to change results to refelct the madness that was the yahoo site I am down becasue then I stay it that third spot solidifying myself as a playoff team instead of muddling around with the 5-5ers.
    So what ever are wise comissioner decides I back and support ya 100%

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    So what ever are wise comissioner decides I back and support ya 100%
    Me too.

I'm in a yahoo pickem league as well and I went from 6th place to 22nd place because I couldn't put in my early game picks so I'm more pissed about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post

So much better. Now I can go back to posting about fantasy football without that frenulum turning my posts into a quarrel.

Do you mean fixed the problem as in the servers are stable, moving forward? Or some sort of solution regarding Week 11 and the huge asterisk attached to it?
    Stable servers.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Is there going to be a change? Honestly i got kinda screwed but im confident I will still storm into the playoffs so ill take this fluke loss and continue
    Sorry if my comment could be misconstrued, the "I'm on it" comment meant that I am going to literally put an asterisk on the trophy signifying Yahoo's server fubar.

My earlier stance (I also sent you a Private Message) is still the case:

The only change to our league was and will be the one I've already made, because it was requested directly to me before kickoff of the first game Sunday.
    Sorry that this basically equates to you losing a game, but you are right in that you didn't lose any ground in the playoff hunt.

That being said... there are three weeks to go until the playoffs start, so keep your eye on the prize!

Do we want to flirt with going to ESPN/NFL/CBS/any other FF website next year? Or do we brush this off as a one time thing? I mean outside of this incident, I like the site, I like the mobile app, I'm just so used to Yahoo's take on fantasy and have been using it for about 5 years now. Change could also be good though too; I've never used any other site for fantasy nor their corresponding mobile app. I'm down for whatever the most people want to do next year. Hell I'm down for whatever the commish wants to do even if he's in the minority.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 11-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Because.

To be honest, Yahoo has screwed the pooch a few times this year, but they're probably still the most reliable and user-friendly.

They just put in place "Continuous Waivers", which is a novel concept if you ask me. If the year was starting up right now, it'd be in place immediately.

But I'd be up for a change of venue regardless, because they have effed up multiple times this season, though never as bad as they did on Sunday. I'd be up for a managers vote on where to host our fun next year.

PS: I LOATHE CBS FANTASY SPORTS IN GENERAL

I can't believe Yahoo wasn't prepared for something like that to happen.

I made some last minute adjustments to my lineups at about 8:30 a.m., which was apparently right before that shit happend.

Luckily no one in either of my leagues was affected, I don't think.

MyFantasyLeague.com has always been highly recommended. It looks pretty great based purely on the crazy amount of customization you can put in, even how the league home page looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    MyFantasyLeague.com has always been highly recommended. It looks pretty great based purely on the crazy amount of customization you can put in, even how the league home page looks.
    I've heard good things as well. It's not free but split among 12 of us it's like an extra 5 bucks to the league fees. Something to consider during our league off-season.

Because.

Yahoo is fine. For those in more than one league, the benefit of having all your leagues on one platform outweighs any inconvenience caused by an infrequent Yahoo hiccup or two that could have just as well happened on any other site.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Sorry if my comment could be misconstrued, the "I'm on it" comment meant that I am going to literally put an asterisk on the trophy signifying Yahoo's server fubar.

My earlier stance (I also sent you a Private Message) is still the case:

Sorry that this basically equates to you losing a game, but you are right in that you didn't lose any ground in the playoff hunt.

That being said... there are three weeks to go until the playoffs start, so keep your eye on the prize!
    The commish is wise. Seriously, this is FF 101. If you have trouble with the site in any way a simple email or post to the league message board is all it takes. Anyone who had trouble setting their lineup and didn't take 30 seconds to notify the commish in a timely manner deserves the lineup they got stuck with. The only real problem I saw in any of my leagues was owners trying to take advantage of the outage to improve their score for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Yahoo is fine. For those in more than one league, the benefit of having all your leagues on one platform outweighs any inconvenience caused by an infrequent Yahoo hiccup or two that could have just as well happened on any other site.
    Yeah, I'm really fed up with Yahoo overall though. The site's really glitchy, and it's seriously outdated by like 10 years at this point.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

The commish is wise. Seriously, this is FF 101. If you have trouble with the site in any way a simple email or post to the league message board is all it takes. Anyone who had trouble setting their lineup and didn't take 30 seconds to notify the commish in a timely manner deserves the lineup they got stuck with. The only real problem I saw in any of my leagues was owners trying to take advantage of the outage to improve their score for the week.
    So i know its not going to change and honestly I am fine with that. I was kind of just fishing to see if I could get the win. Alos it didnt actually effect me I was hungover and missed the start of the games by about 10 minutes soooooooooooo would of got it anyways. Also I play all of my other ones on espn and i think the app and the site is much better set up than yahoo. However, the recaps are brilliant.

Gentlemen... this is the last week to go before the playoffs begin!!

Remember, the #1 and #2 seeds get a bye in the first round.

The playoff picture as it stands now:

#1 Seed = Lord Humungus (10-2, Clinched)

#2 Seed = Boys II Mendenhall (8-4) or Gillster17 (7-5) or Dease Nuts (7-5)

In order for B2M to clinch the #2 seed, he has to win this week.

In order for Gillster17 to clinch the #2 seed, he has to win this week.

In order for Dease Nuts to clinch the #2 seed, he has to win this week and needs Gillster17 to win, but he needs to surpass Gillster17's week 13 score by 104.7 points. (hey... there's always a chance)

#3-6 Seeds = Nearly Everyone Else

Blair Walsh Project, Aphxtwinin, and Sasha Grey CreamPies are all 6-6, and currently have the best chances of filling seeds 5 and 6, but if the teams listed above lose could climb higher.

Fister Roboto, Password is Taco and The Braves are all 5-7 and need a win while scoring some major points and for enough people above to lose in order for any of them to get into the playoffs. Again, there is still a chance.

BlueDevil50 and shnazzlewaffle are eliminated from playoff contention. Thanks for playing, guys. The bar is open.

To the rest of us... let the games begin.
    Last edited by Fourthisto; 11-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.

LIVING ON THE EDGE! In the #6 spot in both my leagues...win and I'm in
    Upcoming Shows:

Sorry, but I'm banking on you to lose along with Sasha Grey CreamPies and a win from me against Blair Walsh Project while also scoring about 19 more points than you.

A MAN CAN DREAM
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Oh wise ones. I seek your advice on my mediocre over-the-hill rbs. I need to start 2 out of these 3- Steven Jackson vs the 49ers, Ryan Matthews vs the Bengals, Knoshon Moreno vs the Bucs. I need to start 2 of them, so who gets benched?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    Oh wise ones. I seek your advice on my mediocre over-the-hill rbs. I need to start 2 out of these 3- Steven Jackson vs the 49ers, Ryan Matthews vs the Bengals, Knoshon Moreno vs the Bucs. I need to start 2 of them, so who gets benched?
    That's tough sledding. Mathews has the best matchup but he's an underachieving turd. Jackson has a date with Niners D. I'd say bench Moreno. Bucs have the #1 run D in the NFL and there's no guarantee that John Fox will even start him. He came out of nowhere last week.

Yeah that's a tough one. I would sit Moreno as well, but there's plenty of time to stew on this before gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    A MAN CAN DREAM
    Anything is possible...